These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Phoebe Issues

First post
Author
Umbari Kado
THE RABID RABBITS
#181 - 2014-11-05 00:53:09 UTC
OK, so it seems that many people are reporting the same thing, and some fixes are (?) on the way.

So - message to everyone:
CHILL OUT, AND LET CCP FIX WHAT CAN BE FIXED.

Now - message to CCP:
I do a lot of programming myself so I appreciate the difficulties involved in tweaking something w/o side effects...and I am not going to bash anyone for things which might not happen if QA worked a bit better (on longer release schedule maybe ?)

But one thing is absolutely clear to me: CCP needs to understand who plays this (quite wonderful) game.
This game would be very playable and enjoyable with wireframe ships in the screen (ok, that is a bit of exaggeration, but not much).
People who play it NEED functionality, reliability, ability to plan and schedule.
For the most part they DON'T NEED bells and whistles, shiny toys and some such.
And I don't think that they need the current release schedule which messes up a very significant portion of game time.
It looks that by the time we have major issues from a new release fixed - a new release is on the way and the cycle repeats.

Please look at this critically - you don't want to kill the game...I would think...

And - for God's sake - please give us the ability to switch off completely (w/o side effects like slowing down the interface) the COMPASS...it has no functionality, and it seems to slow down the interface quite a lot.
Vireck
Octopoda
#182 - 2014-11-05 01:00:28 UTC
Cosmos module blueprints still the show faction version of decryptors as a required input material despite all decryptors being consolidated into a non-faction set.

Screenshot
Circumstantial Evidence
#183 - 2014-11-05 01:23:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Circumstantial Evidence
Market / Wallet Orders (Selling / Buying) - selected item - right-click menu: options are not consistent.

"Compare" is the bottom-most option - for most items.
Should "Compare" be shown, at all?
In the context of market orders, "compare" is not needed.

If "Compare" has to stay on the right-click menu, I would like to see "Cancel Order" moved to the bottom-most option, for every item.

Problems with "Compare"
The "Compare" option is available, for some items which do not have variations:
Survey Probes, Sleeper Components, Shattered Villard Wheel

The "Compare" option is NOT available, for some items which have variations:
Control Towers, Ships, Combat Drones
Chorianda
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#184 - 2014-11-05 01:25:48 UTC
Mechanical Parts seem to have changed from 1.5 to 0.5 m3. Other refined planetary materials are still 1.5. Intended?
FurBurger PotPie
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#185 - 2014-11-05 01:30:56 UTC
Umbari Kado wrote:
Now - message to CCP:
I do a lot of programming myself so I appreciate the difficulties involved in tweaking something w/o side effects...and I am not going to bash anyone for things which might not happen if QA worked a bit better (on longer release schedule maybe ?)

But one thing is absolutely clear to me: CCP needs to understand who plays this (quite wonderful) game.
This game would be very playable and enjoyable with wireframe ships in the screen (ok, that is a bit of exaggeration, but not much).
People who play it NEED functionality, reliability, ability to plan and schedule.
And I don't think that they need the current release schedule which messes up a very significant portion of game time.
It looks that by the time we have major issues from a new release fixed - a new release is on the way and the cycle repeats.

Please look at this critically - you don't want to kill the game...I would think...

And - for God's sake - please give us the ability to switch off completely (w/o side effects like slowing down the interface) the COMPASS...it has no functionality, and it seems to slow down the interface quite a lot.

I am also having interface problems due to CCP's new pretty compass toy. Have you ever hear the phrase "The ship is sinking and they are rearranging the deck chairs"? It's a reference to the Titanic. In the most general sense it means "To do something pointless or insignificant that will soon be overtaken by events, or that contributes nothing to the solution of a current problem", like adding a compass. Eve has a lot of problems, big ones, and the devs seem to be overwhelmed by the prospect of actually fixing them, so they make Eve look prettier while not addressing the underlying problems. If they cause a few problems adding pretties, well at least they have something small they can fix.
And you forgot to tell them that QA means Quality Assurance, not Quit Attempting Blink
helana Tsero
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#186 - 2014-11-05 02:00:39 UTC
Umbari Kado wrote:
OK, so it seems that many people are reporting the same thing, and some fixes are (?) on the way.

Now - message to CCP:

Please stop assuming your personal preferences speak for the entire EvE playerbase.. Roll

Personally..

- I like the compass. It has alot of functionality for my playstyle.
- The new BMs in space are great.
- Multi sell is great (once the problems are fixed)
- I enjoy bells and whistles.
- I think the new release cycle is awesome. Never has EvE had so much improvments in such a short time.

^ see above is my preference. Just what i think... not everybody ...

"...ppl need to get out of caves and they will see something new.... thats where eve is placed... not in cave."  | zoonr-Korsairs |

Meanwhile Citadel release issues: "tried to bug report this and the bug report is bugged as well" | Rafeau |

Sergei Koraka
Umokka Mining and Distribution
#187 - 2014-11-05 02:44:16 UTC
Very minor, but I keep my tracking camera turned on and now whatever I am tracking is just to the right of the tracking box instead of inside it.
Saisin
Chao3's Rogue Operatives Corp
#188 - 2014-11-05 02:47:24 UTC
helana Tsero wrote:
Umbari Kado wrote:

Now - message to CCP:

Please stop assuming your personal preferences speak for the entire EvE playerbase.. Roll

Personally..

- I think the new release cycle is awesome. Never has EvE had so much improvments in such a short time.

+1
Well said!

Vote Borat Guereen for CSM XII

Check out the Minarchist Space Project

Arronicus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#189 - 2014-11-05 03:03:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Arronicus
Problem/Issue: Blackscreening on character appearance change.

Accidentally clicked on the character resculpt option on the station services area. Clicked no (Why is there no option to select neither character resculpt nor change appearance??) and was being taken to the change appearance thing. Hit escape to try to see if that would get me out of it, and it just never loaded. Screen went, and stayed black. Hitting escape further brought up the escape menu, but otherwise stuck at a black screen until I finally closed Eve.

For reference, this function does normally load without issue for me.

Edit: The new compass is fun, I like it. The bookmarks in space are freaking amazing though.
HeXxploiT
Doomheim
#190 - 2014-11-05 03:29:59 UTC

The ask price and other windows should be stretchable. Numbers are crunched with certain font sizes.

...and where's my quicksell? I could swear I just used it this morning. There should be a simple and intuitive button that switches the window back and forth between quick sell.

Darryn Lowe
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#191 - 2014-11-05 03:41:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Darryn Lowe
I haven't seen it listed here and I haven't worked out if it was a quirk of my connection but my Medium Ship Assembly Array isn't recognising that my minerals are in the same location and therefore saying I need to get the minerals.

I've tried moving the minerals into the exact same division as the BP.

It doesn't matter if it's a copy or an original either.

Update:

Drone Assembly Array seems to work fine.

Update 2:

Seems like some Bps work and others don't. It's the same across all my arrays. Some work some don't and it doesn't matter if they are original or copies.

I've logged a support ticket.
Nakota Joe Nakota
Macabre Votum
Northern Coalition.
#192 - 2014-11-05 04:16:10 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:
Known Issues:

• Several items still require data interfaces for invention
  • The selected item window is not showing buttons for some object like drones and celestials
  • The "Look At" function has reports of working inconsistently. These are being investigated.
  • Corp members with the "Trader" role but without the "Accountant" role may not be able to sell items.

Nakota Joe Nakota
Macabre Votum
Northern Coalition.
#193 - 2014-11-05 04:23:14 UTC
what the fluke are you talking about? only traders in a corp can sell items now? or is it trader with accountant skill...or is it accountant with trader skill in a full moon standing on one foot while humming the theme to jeapordy? it was too simple yesterday.....i remember it well. i could build something and then......wait for it...sell it! without a college degree or eve degree. i gotta tell ya ccp.....you guys look like a pack of monkeys trying to have sex with a football right now. well...at least we know why you dropped the ball eh?

is it too late to ask for all my money back? seeing as i poured more than 300.00 into the game before you screwed it up for me. tell ya what.....give me 300.00 and i'll right click delete your game and never come back. since i've already filed two tickets on this, the last one read much like this one...still not a friggin' peep from ccp. i wonder if devs will read this or get any sense of how really mad i am?.....i don't think so.
probag Bear
Xiong Offices
#194 - 2014-11-05 04:30:40 UTC  |  Edited by: probag Bear
Serious issue I have not yet seen mentioned:

Blueprint behavior in the industry window is back to that of Crius 1.0. That is, blueprints that are in use are not marked as such for several minutes, even if the option to not show blueprints in use is enabled.

Crius 1.0: I invent from a blueprint and it continues to sit in the industry window telling me it's available for use.
Crius 1.2: I invent from a blueprint, and after just a few seconds it grays out telling me it's not available for use.
Hyperion: I check off a setting. I invent from a blueprint and after just a few seconds it disappears from the interface.
Phoebe 1.0: Same behavior as Crius 1.0

This is a major inconvenience and once again makes invention on a large scale more headache-inducing than it was pre-Crius.
Umbari Kado
THE RABID RABBITS
#195 - 2014-11-05 05:56:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Umbari Kado
helana Tsero wrote:
Umbari Kado wrote:

Now - message to CCP:

Personally..

As you should notice - I said "For the most part..." - and I never assumed that my personal preferences are to everyone's liking.
What I tried to say is this: fixing existing problems is more important than adding new shiny toys w/o much functionality - which in addition appear to negatively affect performance of the game in very critical areas - like pvp.

You should also notice that I hadn't said that the COMPASS should be removed - just that the option of running the interface w/o it should be provided. If someone loses 1 Bil worth of ship because there is 3 sec delay on targeting due to COMPASS running (?) and due to delay of targeting because Overview>Selected windows seem to have at least 2 sec lag on target - you are not going to reimburse him - are you ?

I don't know about you - but I actually pay my hard earned $$ for PLEXes - for my main characters and for the toons.
Not because I can't make enough ISK to buy PLEXes - but because I think that developers of the game need cash if the game is to stay commercially viable.

So - apart from reasonable prioritising of the fixes vs adding new features - I think that gives me some small right to say what I think is important. I do read forums and see that people are asking for a lot of reasonable (but mostly not so reasonable) things. It is easy to ask...without thinking about consequences.
In my opinion - adding new toys, bells and whistles, which affect performance - ruins the game.
If someone needs nice views - one can always hang a pretty print next to his comp screen.
YMMV of course.
Imigo Montoya
BreadFleet
Triglavian Outlaws and Sobornost Troika
#196 - 2014-11-05 06:08:55 UTC
Disaronno Amaretto wrote:
When I try to sell anything via my assets I get a message that says "You have been denied access for the following reason: You are not an accountant." Is there a new skill I'm missing or something? Patch notes said region trading skills would remain the same...

I get the same thing. I am trying to buy and relist in a hostile station that I'm docked in if that makes a difference (haven't seen anything suggesting it would).
Joe Public
Genos Occidere
HYDRA RELOADED
#197 - 2014-11-05 07:08:46 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
ok I made them more than a bit bigger. you'll see after the patch tomorrow.

the feature was on Singularity for everyone to test for almost a month

Are you saying that you needed someone else to tell you that the display fields needed to be large enough to display their data?

I don't mean to be rude, but isn't that obvious?

In any case, I'm glad it's being fixed and I look forward to the patch.
Jaro Essa
Dahkur Forge
#198 - 2014-11-05 07:31:33 UTC
Checked but didn't see this mentioned already, sorry if it has been: Prospect BPCs still require Advanced Small Ship Construction V.
Blue Harrier
#199 - 2014-11-05 08:03:36 UTC
Just a small thing that someone might take a look at when you have some free time.

Using the Agents tab to search for agents in my area I found one R&D agent with a really long list of things she could research, in fact the list was so long I had to stretch the window fully across the screen to read them all. On a small laptop screen this would not be possible, so could someone implement ‘line wrap’ on the list, please.

NB: I didn’t notice a horizontal scroll bar but I might have missed it.

"You wait - time passes, Thorin sits down and starts singing about gold." from The Hobbit on ZX Spectrum 1982.

Kename Fin
Strategic Exploration and Development Corp
Silent Company
#200 - 2014-11-05 08:21:14 UTC
Swiftstrike1 wrote:
The D-Scanner has no default hotkey assigned in Phoebe 1.0.

"Alt + D" should have been assigned to the D-Scanner instead of the probe scanner. The need to use d-scan is often urgent, but the need to use the probe scanner is not.

Circumstantial Evidence wrote:
The reasoning behind "missing" D-Scan hotkey is explained in this post: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5169553#post5169553

I have been wrong many times and will continue to excel at it in the future I am sure, but I believe the first poster was indicating a desire for the Alt-D hotkey to be assigned to bring up the D-Scan window. Which is a fairly quick and easy fix via the ESC menu, hotkey tab, window tab to change Probe Scanner to something like Alt-P and Directional Scanner to Alt-D. Honestly, just the ability to do even this much is a win for this patch.