These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Fiction

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Some garbage for bored peeps

Author
Leeloo Killik
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#1 - 2014-11-02 17:49:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Leeloo Killik
Although I'm not native English speaker, nor fluent in this language, I found some time on my hands and I've decided to devote it to a story, which is Eve related. Please don't throw rocks at me, it is, after all, my first attempt to write a story and doing so in a language I'm barely able to speak with makes it more challenging. I'll try to update this thread as soon as I progress. It's not polished, read it as a draft.

"Hey you!" Jack shouted staring at his glass. "Give me another one. And make it double this time."
"My name is Niamh. Considering you were here every day during the past year you could at least remember that..." Said Niamh, pretending she actually cares.
"Like that matters..." whispered Jack, quickly emptying the glass. "Keep 'em coming."
"Sure thing Jack" she replied, rolling her eyes. She learned the hard way to not to ask him any questions the first day he showed up. Won't do the same mistake ever again.
Jack slowly zoned out sipping from his glass, drowning in his thoughts. It's been a year since the incident. A year since his life lost meaning...
Jack took a quick look around. The bar was quite empty. Only 2 strange individuals siting in the distant corner arguing on top of a paper, possibly a blueprint of some kind. They seemed quite angry. "Business in progress.." he mumbled to himself trying to hide a grin. Let's hope this escalates, at least some action in the neighbourhood. He turned back to his glass of double whiskey. "Hello my friend." Quickly emptied it and pushed it Niamh's direction. His eyes were getting
heavy and he closed them for a second. "Jack! Jack decide!" He opened his eyes jumping on his feet, heart beat rising, only to realise he's still at the bar, noticing Niamh staring at him trying to hide fear.
"Mhm..." he mumbled as a form of an apology taking back his seat reaching for a freshly served glass.
"Jack?"
Jack quickly jumped back on his feet turning around, afraid of another flashback spilling the drink in the process. There was a woman standing behind him, hardly trying to hide amused smile. She was a bit taller than him, forcing him to look up to see her face.
"How are you, Jack?" She asked somewhat nicely. Not really waiting for his response she took a seat next to him.
"Fook off, will you?!" he replied, trying to calm down, sitting slowly back down, but still staring at her with caution. She looked at Niamh and asked for a glass of water.
"We are no charity miss" Niamh replied cleaning up the mess Jack caused with his drink. "Order something real or be gone."
"I'm not paying for that one." Jack quickly looked at Niamh pointing at the spilled drink. "It's damn her fault!"
"What the heck is your problem Jack!?" Niamh whispered through her teeth trying to ignore the situation.
"It's all right, drinks are on me. I'll have whatever he's drinking." She responded, looking at Jack with light smile not hiding amusement.
"Look, whatever you think this is, I'm not looking for a whore." He quickly responded with a baiting tone, still looking with awe. Damn she was gorgeous. He finally realised the awkward stare and looked down at his new drink.
"Nor you can afford one." She responded after a short while still smiling.
"Couldn't be more obvious could it?" Jack reached at his drink. After staring at it for a while, he finally decided to empty the glass. He looked up to a reflection of him in the mirror covering the wall behind the bar. For some reason he felt ashamed. It's been a while since he felt ashamed of himself. Then he looked at her in the mirror. She was typing something in her data pad, but he paid little attention to what she's doing. For some reason he couldn't keep eyes from her face. Suddenly she dropped the pad and looked back. Few seconds passed but Jack couldn't stop staring.
"I'm not here to judge Jack." She finally broke the silence, still with a light smile on her face.
Jack's eyes left the mirror and he looked at her. "Well then, why are you here?" Now he noticed a scar she had on her left cheek. I never thought a scar could look this good on woman's face, he thought to himself.
"I'm here to discuss business."
"Mhm.. Seems like you business partner is taking his time." He replied with a grin on his face.
"Yes, yes he is." She said still smiling. "But he's not far. Actually he's already here in front of me getting drunk."
Jack looked to his right to see who he missed coming in, but only found empty seats.
"Yeah right, jokes on me..."
"I'm here to offer you a job Jack."
He looked back at her laughing. "You might know my name lady, but obviously you know nothing about me..." He finished his drink again and pushed the glass towards Niamh.
"53 000 died in Doril system during your last mission. All casualties claimed as fault of your judgement. Also 68 billion ISK worth of ships lost during the process. Including 2 super carriers."
"Fook off!" He silenced her, not hiding anger stood up and headed towards the restroom.
She watched him leaving for a few seconds, then turned back to her data pad and started typing some new notes.
"Couldn't notice you didn't touch your drink." Niamh broke the silence.
"I'm not really the drinking type Niamh." She placed the pad on bar and looked at Niamh.
"Great, you're first time here and already know my name as well." Niamh responded while washing dirty glasses, looking at her not hiding curiosity.
"It's part of my job to know certain things. And while you spend more time with Jack here than anyone else, being that only as a part of your job, it's somewhat vital to my cause to know more about you than you would actually like me to."
"Yeah, whatever." Niamh replied. Placing the clean glasses on a shelf. She turned around and asked: "Are you seriously trying to offer a job to Jack? I know it's none of my business, it just doesn't happen, ever."
"You don't know much about him, do you?"
Leeloo Killik
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#2 - 2014-11-02 17:50:47 UTC
Niamh took a moment to think about it, then finally replied: "Well, I know he's been coming here for almost a year drinking himself to numbness every single day..."
"And before that?"
"Hmm, I never met him before to be honest, but from what I've heard, he's been some kind of highly ranked officer pilot working for Caldari Navy. Quite an ace from what I've been told. Then took a job for some questionable individuals and things went wrong. No clue what went wrong there, what I gathered from the news, he basically slaughtered fifty thousand people. Which ended his career and he ended up here."
"The official reports, always cute and tidy." She responded smiling at Niamh.
"So... You know what happened?
"It took me a while to put the pieces together. From what I gathered, these so called individuals were actually high ranked Caldari Navy officers moving part of their capital fleet to Doril system, off the record of course. Jack was contacted to command this fleet, as he was well qualified for the job. It would of course ruin his career if something happened. But as it was a well paid job and Jack wanted slash needed the extra cash, which was no secret to Caldari Navy, he agreed to take it. It was little to no risk job, at least that's what they said. They had last 2 jumps left. The cyno jammer was about to go online. With only few seconds remaining, they jumped in. The plan was easy. Scout the system, lit the cyno, jump in, disable the cyno, cloak, recharge for the last jump. Scout the last system and do the final jump. As there was no reported thread, Jack's call was to proceed. Everything went according to plan. Expect one thing. The cyno jammer never went online. Someone spied on them. The entire route was known to a group of people. They took care of the jammer. Warped a cloaked bombed to the fleets position and lit their own cyno. Small fleet jumped in. But the plan wasn't to take them there, but to force them to jump out to Doril, where the main fleet was waiting. Jack made the expected call to not to fight, light the cyno as there was no real thread based on fraud intel, fleet jumped in and got slaughtered. Caldari Navy distanced themselves from the entire thing and reported it was Jack's own doing. How did he gain access to the fleet is of course a mystery to them.
For your own sake I wouldn't share this information with anyone. It's not... Well it's not safe for you to do so."
"Wow!" Niamh stood there speechless. "I had no idea. Aren't you in danger as well then? For knowing, and for telling me?"
She looked at Niamh. "I couldn't say I care enough, I was... How to put this delicately, terminated before."
Niamh stood there trying to process the new information. She could have sworn she knew Jack well enough. She never liked him, despised him to be exact. Him being actually innocent never crossed her mind.
Niamh looked at the mysterious woman. "Are you a..."
"Yes. Yes I am." She looked up at Niamh. "Not many of us around huh?" Smiling she reached the data pad again.
Niamh was stuck with her thoughts. She knew about capsuleers. The rare breed of humans capable of immortal life due to cloning technology. She knew the basics. At the moment of death, the entire mind is copied to a new clone and they simply wake up in a new body, safe from the danger. As if they never died. It is a very complicated and expensive tech. Only a few can afford it. Yet there one is, right in front of her.
"Does it hurt? I mean when you..."
"Die? It does. Depends on how you die. Sometimes it's quick and merciful. Sometimes you're not so lucky. But it helps knowing the pain is only temporary. You will wake up from that nightmare eventually."
"Does it change you?"
"It surely does. Not being afraid of death certainly is affecting the way you think and act. I've seen humble capsuleer as well as the opposite. Sometimes it's not pretty. Some lose touch with humanity."
Niamh suddenly had questions for hours, but was polite enough to know she should stop asking them.
"Speaking of devil." Niamh sent a nod towards the restroom and went back to minding her own business.
"Bah, you are still here..." Stated Jack the obvious. "I kinda hoped you'd be long gone. Well I'll be leaving now ladies, I surely had enough."
She looked at Niamh. "The drinks are on me. Jack I still have a job to offer. I'm Lee by the way."
Jack bursted out laughing. "So... you're a dude?"
"If you like." Lee smiled. "Think of it as a shortcut."
"Of what? Leeroy?!" Jack couldn't stop laughing.
"If you like, Jack. Either way, go home, get some rest. I will stop by tomorrow. Maybe you will be more willing to listen to my proposal."
"Yeah, whatever." Jack grabbed his jacket. "Maybe the world will end tomorrow... Ladies." With a wave gesture he left the bar.
Niamh looked at Lee. "Do you really think he's up for any job, or able to actually carry one?
Lee took a deep breath. "Well, if he's at least half the pilot he used to be." She paused for a second. "I think he's just perfect for my needs."
"Can't you get someone else to do the job?.
"Probably... But the matter is very risky and dangerous." Lee responded. "I need someone with not much to lose. I know it sounds harsh, but the reward isn't small. It's difficult to find skilled people willing to risk their life."
"Can't you hire a capsuleer?"
"For half a billion ISK, sure." Lee seemed concerned at this point. "Let's just say I need a normal person for this job. Capsuleers tend to ask questions I'm not comfortable answering at this poin."
"Oh dear, half a billion ISK. And I thought fifty thousand is a fortune." Niamh smiled. "We surely live in a different world."
"We share the same universe. Sometimes there's just more to things than we are aware of. If only you knew... Anyway, my business is done here for today. I'll see you tomorrow. Hopefully Jack as well."
"Oh I'm pretty sure he will be here." Niamh almost shouted at Lee leaving the bar.
Leeloo Killik
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#3 - 2014-11-02 17:54:44 UTC
Jack was in his bed, staring at the ceiling for almost an hour. Waiting for the sleep to take over him. "Job huh. What kind of job. What is she thinking." He mumbled to himself. "Who would hire me anyway. Must be something freaking illegal. Yeah get yourself arrested old fool. Like things aren't bad enough already."
He stood up heading to a minibar. Poured some whiskey to a not exactly clean glass. His apartment wasn't big. Poorly decorated living room with only a sofa pointed towards a big screen on the wall, small table and some shelves, all separated from the kitchen by only a half wall. Single bedroom and bathroom. All of which were in desperate need of some cleaning.
"I'm pretty sure she will get us all killed. Who does she think she is." He grabbed the glass. "I bet she wants me for some drug smuggling." Jack raised his glass to drink from it, but paused for a moment. "**** this ****." He threw the glass to the kitchen sink, missing it by a mile, causing mess all over the kitchen. He was well aware he needs to do something with his situation. With the little money he had left and his reputation, the options were limited. And he knew that. "All right girl, I'll hear you out." Jack went back to bed and with some closure finally fell asleep.

Lee came to the bar early. Waved at Niamh with her data pad and headed towards her. The bar was a somewhat typical bar you could find on most planetary stations across the region. Orange painted walls with yellow lighting made the room feel warm and calm. With booths around the walls there was still plenty of room, even though the place wasn't exactly big, it was decorated well enough to seem bigger than it actually was. There were some paintings on the walls of huge nebulas, some with sunsets on unknown planets, all themed in yellow and orange to not to distract the room atmosphere. Although the decoration wasn't expensive, it didn't express itself as cheap either.
"Hey! What can I get you?" Niamh greeted her with a smile.
"Umm..." Lee paused for a moment. "Green mint tea, if that comes without a punch?"
Niamh's smiling face changed to a serious one for a moment, then she bursted out laughing. "Coming right up!"
Lee took her seat at the bar, placing te pad in front of her. "I see you're doing well."
"Yeah, ten hour shifts seven days a week, the dream! I'm a lucky girl." She responded with a kind smile. "But can't complain really. Though the job is far from a dream one and this is not exactly a gold mine, at least I'm my own boss."
"Mm, so you own this place, that's nice."
"Yup, bought this place two years ago from a guy who got sick of it and sold it for more than a reasonable price. Considering there were people looking for him a couple days later, I doubt he had much of a choice. Still I had to sacrifice all my savings to afford it, but at the time it seemed to be a good investment."
"Having second thoughts?"
Niamh paused for a moment. "Nah, I might be bitching every now and then, but feels like home. It's way better than listening to a never satisfied corporate bullshit on daily basis feeling like a slave with no choice over your life whatsoever. At least this place gives me a false feeling of freedom I was looking for. More than a girl like me could ever hope for."
"Mm, I like your spirit. Enlighted!" Lee couldn't resist a giggle. It's been a while since she had a pleasant conversation. Something simple like this surprisingly brighten up her day. Even though she knew more about Niamh's life than she needed, some small talk was a welcomed distraction.
"So, Niamh, could you tell me more about Jack? Does he have any friends?"
"Hmm... I've never seen him with anyone. He always comes alone, leaves alone. He used to leave with a woman company at first. Different girls mostly each night, if you know what I mean, but eventually he went broke, so that stopped. No one I'm aware of."
Lee made a quick note on her data pad. "Anything interesting going on around him?"
"What do you mean?" Niamh asked somewhat surprised.
"For example, have you ever had a feeling he is being followed."
"Umm... There's this guy that keeps showing up. Not so often anymore. He used to come in every day. Usually right after Jack showed up and leaving right after him. Strange guy, didn't drink much but spent hours here. He only shows up once a week these days."
"When was the last time he was here?"
"Three days ago I think. Yeah on Wednesday. Why? Do you think they are after him?"
Lee zoned out for a second. "More like keeping an eye on him. But that's great, means we have time."
Niamh looked towards the exit and smiled. "Look who's here."
Leeloo Killik
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#4 - 2014-11-02 17:55:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Leeloo Killik
Jack entered the room, noticing there's no one there, except those two girls at the bar staring at him. He stopped. For some reason he felt nervous. Like a fresh graduate attending his first job interview. He never attended a job interview before. Caldari Navy hired him the same day he graduated. It was no surprise considering his results. "Shape up!" He told himself and headed to the bar. "Ladies."
"Hello Jack, the usual?" Asked him Niamh nicely, hardly trying to hide amusement, slowly reaching for a bottle of whiskey. Jack froze for a moment. He could definitely use something strong to get rid of the nervosity, but at the same time he would like to keep his head clear. At least for a while.
"Nah, I'll have a beer, please."
"Jack being polite. I would have never guessed I'd live long enough to see the day." Niamh giggled.
Lee looked at Jack: "How are you today?"
Jack didn't feel like he had any patience left. He spent his entire day going through different scenarios, considering what kind of job he is actually willing to do. Even though he wasn't willing to admit it at first, at the end he came to a conclusion he's up for pretty much anything. Just to get out of the miserable existence he was living in.
"What's the job?" He asked right away.
"Straight to the business, fair enough." Lee quickly replied. "Let's take a seat over there." She pointed to a distant corner of the bar. She took her tea and headed there.
"I'll bring your beer in a minute." Niamh assured Jack he won't leave empty handed.
"So, the job..." Jack asked nervously. "How illegal is it?" Lee looked at him slowly and he became to worry even more. "Just tell me, let's get it over with."
"Jack, we are not smuggling anything illegal." Lee was looking at him with a serious face for a change. "The first part of the job is simple, if you take the job, we will leave Zoohen in about seven hours. Right after midnight. We will be headed to Geminate region."
"That's a freaking null security space." Jack interrupted her. "We will get blown up to pieces the first null sec system we jump into!"
"Relax Jack," Lee stopped him smiling, "we won't be flying a damn slow battleship. I have two light travel fitted Crow interceptors. You should be familiar with them. It is a Caldari design after all."
Jack took a second for a thought. "Yes, that's perfectly doable. Should be 99% safe. What's the system we are headed?"
Now Lee took a second to respond. "FDZ4-A. Planet VIII Moon - 3 station."
"Wait a second, that station belongs to a Society Of Conscious Thought. What the heck do you have to do with them. They don't talk to anyone." Jack seemed upset.
"Calm down!" Lee tried to calm him down, or at least to force him to lower his voice a little. She was also surprised Jack knows about them. People usually don't. "What do you know about Conscious Thought?"
"Not much." Jack replied quietly, noticing Lee's concern. "No one does. They are pretty much a mystery to anyone. They run a handful of schools. Not sure why really, as it's impossible to get into one. Except for a few lucky bastards. Rumor has it they are somehow connected to Jovians. Yeah, like they even exist." Jack couldn't resist the laughter. "That's pretty much all I know, or anyone else for that matter. So we get there, then what?"
"Then..." Lee paused. "Then there's the difficult part. But I can't tell you more 'till we get there."
"Look, I'm not flying to Geminate just to find out you have some crazy idea in your head I'm not willing to participate in, to be stuck in some null sec station with no way of return."
"Look." Lee looked at Jack somewhat concerned. "Here's the deal. If you decide to come with me to Geminate, the second we undock, fifty thousand of interstellar credits will be transferred to your account. Enough to cover your drinking habit for over a decade. We get to FDZ4-A and I will tell you what the next step is. If you won't like it, you can use the ceptor to get back, keep the ISK and go on with your life. If you, however, decide to continue, I can promise I have way more to offer. What do you say?"
Jack emptied his glass. There was no obvious fraud in what she offered so far. He can check the money transfer during the flight and if that clears, he can use some of the money to get back Zoohen in case he decides to back off and she won't let him use the interceptor to get back.
"Sounds reasonable." Jack nodes.
"Excellent. I'll see you at docking bay. Be there before midnight."
Leeloo Killik
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#5 - 2014-11-02 17:56:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Leeloo Killik
——————————————————————————————

The docking ports were busy despite the late hour. Mostly industrial vessels unloading their cargo of raw ore to a huge containers, which were headed to reprocessing facilities right away. Zoohen system isn't well populated, that brings more opportunities to whoever decides to settle down here as the competition is fairly minimal and the profits are high. One of the reasons being the low security space is only a few jumps away and the security here is not optimal. The CONCORD forces will still respond to any law violations, but their numbers are limited and the response time slower, giving opportunities to local pirates.
Jack headed to one of the offices. The door opened right before he knocked on them as a young lady literally ran out of the room.
"Hey guys!" She yelled towards some men standing in a distance, holding data pad in her hand above her head.
"Excuse me!?" Jack shouted after her. She slowed down turning around, but still walking backwards.
"Yes?"
"I'm looking for.." He paused for a second. "Lee?"
"Port one seven four." She replied without hesitation. Not waiting for any more questions she turned back around and sprinted towards those men.

"Hey! I was worried you changed your mind." Lee welcomed him, standing in the middle of the two brand new Crows, Condor class frigate interceptors, which were levitating slightly above the ground. The hangar was big enough to fit in much large vessels, possibly a couple of battleship sized hulls. "Also you are late!"
"Yeah, sorry about that. This place is a bit of a maze." Jack took a quick look on those ceppies. "No missile launchers huh?"
"Nope. The lighter the better. The structure is also rebuilt with nanofibers. It's one quick sneaky ship. They are both fitted with warp core stabiliser, should be enough to get us out of trouble if that situation occurs."
"Fair enough." Jack nods.
"Pick one and jump in. I have a quick call to make. I hope you still remember how to fly."
Jack climbed into the cockpit, settled himself in a pilot seat. He felt excitement. Would never imagine himself flying again. But here he was. Feeling like a child on Christmas Day in front of unwrapped presents. With the helmet on, he started onlining primary systems one by one, double checking everything just to be sure all is fine and ready, when suddenly he felt a bump coming from the left.
"Hey cowboy, you alright? Asked him a voice coming from the speakers inside his helmet."
He looked left and saw Lee pushing him with her ship smiling.
"Stop it silly woman, I'm doing fine. You're causing heart attacks here."
"Are we good to go?"
By we she obviously meant me, thought Jack. "Yup, I'm good."
"Alright, keep this channel open. Control tower this is delta whiskey two two three and delta whiskey two two four leaving docking port one seven four, permission to undock."
This is control tower seven, delta whiskey your path is clear, you're clear to proceed."
"Roger control tower seven. Over and out."
"Alright Jack, let's do this. Take the lead, I'm right behind you."
Jack activated the engines. Light humbling sound came out of the warp core as the ship started to move. He pointed the nose towards the hangar exit and added some more power to the thrusters. "Ok, nice and easy. Slowly, slowly..." Jack whispered to himself, as the ship was leaving the hangar.
"Alright Jack, take her up. The undock is twenty seven floors above us. Just follow the signs." Lee informed him.
"Roger, I think I got this." Jack noticed the signs around him and headed up. After a while wide open huge docking doors emerged in front of them. Strong light blue force field was the only thing keeping the hostile vacuum environment at bay.
"Ok, time to punch it." Lee encouraged him. Jack throttled all the way up. The interceptor responded instantly and accelerated towards the exit, reaching its topspeed in matter of seconds, ejecting him out of the station.
"Hey! I think the old wolf still knows his way around!" Lee smiled over the coms. "I uploaded the route. We have 23 jumps ahead of us. Align to Tarta star gate. Warp at zero when ready."
Jack activated the auto align/warp sequence. His ship responded without any hesitation. Changed direction towards Tarta gate distanced 20 AU's away. It took roughly 2 seconds for the ship to align. Then warp window opened and sucked the ship in. "Damn this thing is crazy fast!" Jack said out loud, checking the ship speed showing 8 AU per second in warp. The warp window suddenly closed, ejecting him 1500 meters next to Tarta star gate, where the ship stopped. Another warp window opened behind him, as Lee exited her own warp.
"I knew you'll love it." Responded Lee laughing. "Lets jump to Tarta, we have long way ahead of us."
"Roger that!" Jack replied, activating the scripted jump sequence. His ship started to align through the gate towards a distant star. Then the acceleration kicked in, with a light flash Jack disappeared before Lee's eyes. A few seconds later, she followed him through.
"Damn I missed this." Said Jack with excited voice, when Lee decelerated next to him.
"Welcome to Tarta solar system, please enjoy the view." Lee said with a silly voice. "Let's keep moving, twenty two more jumps to go."
Leeloo Killik
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#6 - 2014-11-02 17:57:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Leeloo Killik
Traveling through high security systems was quick and easy. These usually didn't contain any real danger. At least not to an interceptor. Lee was worried about low sec systems ahead and possible gate camps with battleships and their smart bombs. Ceptor is a fast ship. But multiple smart bomb area effect could vaporise it in a heart beat as there's not much protection from them.
"Evati system ahead, don't jump in, I'll go first and scout it. This is one of the first three low security systems before null sec." Informed Lee Jack.
"Roger that, I'll wait at the gate."
Lee jumped in. Automatic 30 seconds cloaking defense mechanism activated as she appeared on the grid. Ship computer automatically connected to the subspace communication beacon informing her about basic situation in the solar system. There were 2 ships there with her at the gate. A Thrasher, destroyer class ship and a Deimos, tech 2 heavy assault cruiser. Lee informed him about the situation.
"That cruiser is no danger to us. But the dessie could be able to lock one of us." Jack raised his concerns.
"I agree. I'll try to warp off to the next gate. To see if they follow. No other ships on D-scan."
"Roger." Jack replied.
Lee activated autopilot sequence. Her ship decloaked and started moving towards the next gate.
"He's locking me..." The warp window opened and sucked her ship in. "And too slow! Alright I'm clear Jack, your turn. Good luck!"
"Ok, I'm jumping in now." Jack activated the jump sequence and appeared on grid within 20 clicks off them. They obviously didn't follow her. "Let's do this!"
Activating the align/warp sequence, his ship decloaked and began to move. The defense computer system instantly informed him he's being locked by another ship. Half a second later red LOCKED mark appeared on the screen.
"****!"
New defense window alerted him the second ship is trying to lock him as well. At the same time warning with his warp engine being warp disrupted popped up. He saw a flash light from where the Trasher was positioned as the Trasher fired from his artillery cannons. All that happened in the first secon after he decloaked.
"I'm dead!" He thought to himself. He felt an impact as the projectiles penetrated his shield. Another warning on the screen showed up with a critical shield status.
Jack felt helpless. There was absolutely nothing he could do. Another flash light assured him of his fate.
Suddenly the installed warp core stabiliser kicked in, neutralising the warp disruptor effect and his warp window opened.
Jack couldn't move. His heart was pumping adrenaline through his veins at a dangerously high rate. His reflexes were at peak level, yet he was unable to even think.
"Jack? Jack are you alright?! Jack come in!" He heard Lee's voice in the intercom.
"I'm here." He finally responded with a shaking voice.
"What happened there?"
"That damn destroyer was able to lock me in time and sent his greetings to my shields. That damn stab saved my freaking life. Shields at fifteen percent."
"Glad he wasn't in scram range huh?" Lee tried to make a joke. "Deep breath man, this ship is fitted exactly for this. The next system is clear, jump on contact."
"That woman must be crazy." He thought to himself. "50 grand, that's what your life is wort these days. I wonder what she meant by the second part of the job being more dangerous."

The remaining 8 jumps were relatively safe. A few ships showed up on D-scan, but no one tried to follow or attack them. Probably some freelancers minding their own business. The journey only took less than an hour, but Jack felt tired. He wasn't sure whether to blame the late hour or the attack he survived earlier. They docked up and took the lift to apartments at the very top of the station.
"So..." Jack broke the awkward elevator silence. "We are here. What's next?"
"I don't know about you, but I'm tired." Lee replied smiling. "First of all we find ourself a place to stay over night. A good friend of mine is expecting us, she might be able to help with that."
"Sounds like a good plan to me." Jack agreed.
The elevator stopped and with a quiet ring bell the door slid open. As they walked through long wide hallway, Jack noticed a woman standing in front of one of many paintings decorating the walls. This place seemed familiar. After a while he realised the color theme is similar to Niamh's bar. "Interesting coincidence." He thought to himself.
Lee was walking towards the woman and he followed her one step behind. As they were close enough, the woman turned around. She was looking at Jack with curiosity for a while. Long enough that Jack suddenly felt uncomfortable. It felt like she's probing his mind with her look. She finally turned her head to Lee.
"Lee, it's nice to see you again." She said slowly, with a very calm voice. It almost sounded magical to Jack. She seemed to be in her late twenties. The way she moved was very elegant. Jack felt like she's been around for centuries. She appeared very calm, mysteriously calm.
"I see you brought a friend."
"It's nice to see you again Tjor." Lee welcomed her back. "Yes, this is my friend Jack. Jack O'Hara." Lee turned to him. "Jack meet my friend Tjor Rusen."
"Pleasure." Jack responded offering Tjor his hand. Tjor shaked his hand and looked deeply into his eyes.
"I see great sadness in your eyes Jack." She said calmly. "I'm glad your paths crossed. She can heal."
Jack was standing there speechless, having no clue how to respond to that.
"You carry a name of your ancestors." She continued. "Old enough to remember the ancient gate collapse."
He had little to no clue what she meant by that. His name wasn't exactly common in the universe, he gave her credit for that.
"You two must be tired." Tjor changed the topic. "Let me show you to your rooms."
With these words she turned around and they both followed her.
Leeloo Killik
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#7 - 2014-11-02 17:58:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Leeloo Killik
Soon they arrived to an apartment complex. Tjor stopped at one of countless doors, handing Lee a key card. "Let this be your sanctuary for tonight my dear." She said gently. "Jack please, follow me."
"Thank you Tjor, I will see you in the morning." Lee replied. Jack could see a deep respect Lee had to Tjor. But he wasn't sure exactly why she deserved it.
Jack followed Tjor to the end of the hall, where she stopped at the last door on the right. She used the key card, and with a clicking slight noise the door opened.
"Please." She invited him in with a gentle hand gesture. He walked in, then stopped astonished.
The room was huge. With an elevated very spacious bed in the centre he could see all the facilities in each corner. The bathroom with a large bath tub in the distant left corner, with a luxurious shower next to it. In the right distant corner a fully equipped moder kitchen. On his right was a space he could call a living room, equipped with a comfortable sofa and chairs, low profiled table. As he looked left, he saw a large shelf with countless book, a desk with leather comfy chair. Perfect place to study or work. The wooden floor had each living section separated by a carpet, that perfectly synchronised with each section purpose, and yet designed well enough to not to disturb the overall room atmosphere. The fabrics chosen were all luxurious. There were no walls separating these rooms. It was all one big piece of art.
"Wow." Jack was surprised by the breathtaking scene in front of him.
"I see the room is to your liking Mr. O'Hara." Tjor said walking to the room.
"Are you serious?" Jack replied. "This place is breathtaking."
"We are aware of ones material needs." Tjor smiled gently. "Only when material and spiritual needs are met, the mind can be considered truly productive." She continued. "We care deeply about ones mental state. The drawback of disharmony is way too obstructive to be overlooked."
Jack turned around to thank her, but as he did that, she raised her hand and touched his forehead, before he could even say a word. He lost his eye sight instantly. A moment later, flashbacks of his own memories began to appear before his eyes. Like she was rapidly browsing through them.
"Bravo gamma, what's the cyno jammer status?" Jack asked through the coms. He was sitting in the captain seat of Chimera, Caldari carrier, capital ship class logistic vessel, designed to support massive capital ships in combat.
"Bravo gamma to fleet command, T minus fifty seconds."
"Roger bravo gamma. What's the system status?"
"Bravo gamma to fleet command, no signs of hostiles in vicinity. D-scan is clear. We are good to go."
"Copy that bravo gamma. Light the cyno for us, we are coming in. Confirm when ready."
"Bravo gamma to fleet command. The cyno is up. I repeat, the cyno is up. You are green to jump. Cyno jammer going online in T minus thirty seconds."
Jack quickly switched to fleet coms. "To all ships, this is fleet command. Lock on to bravo gamma coordinates and be ready to jump in on my mark."
"Bravo gamma to fleet command, cyno jammer goes online in T minus fifteen seconds. Still no sign of any hostiles, everything's green."
"Roger that bravo gamma." Jack replied. "Fleet command to all ships, we are going in in five, four, three, two, one, jump, jump, jump!"
All the ships on Jack's grid began to disappear in a huge balls of energy spike effects, which collapsed momentarily, ejecting each ship towards bravo gamma location distanced several light years away.
A few moments later, these ships began to appear all around bravo gamma's position.
All 15 carriers and two Wyvern super carriers were now on grid.
"Bravo gamma to fleet command, seems like you all made it. The jammer should be online. My job here is done. Bravo gamma over and out."
Jack was pleased with the fleet progress so far. Everything went according to plan. One last jump to Doril system and his job is done.
"Captain to engineering, what's the status?" He sent his request through the intercom.
"Engineering to bridge," Young man voice replied shortly after. "We are recharging the capacitor. Two minutes before we can jump again."
"Roger that!" Jack replied. "Keep me posted."
"Understood."
"Hey Tom!" Jack shouted to a middle aged man, who was second in command for this mission, sitting in one of the commands seats not too far from him. "Up for some drinks when this is over?"
"You bet." Tom replied. "Drinks on you."
"You wish!" Jack laughed. "You can invite that friend of yours. She lives down there doesn't she? What's her name again?"
"Eela?" Tom smiled. "Nah, she's too young for you man. I can't have that on my consciousness."
"She's alright. She gave me that look l..."
"Captain hostile on grid!" Interrupted the conversation one of the officers. "Stealth bomber decloaked 50 clicks away from us."
"Well someone has balls." Jack thought out loud. Hail them."
"No response sir! A cyno has been lit sir!"
"That's freaking impossible!" Shouted Jack, now standing on his feet. "The whole solar system is being cyno jammed!"
"More hostiles on grid sir. Detecting six carriers and three Moros dreadnoughts."
"What the heck is going on here!" Jack shouted angry.
"We are being targeted sir!"
"Fleet command to all ships, lock the damn bomber and neutralise it, fire at will!" Jack shouted to the coms.
"Two more dreadnoughts on grid sir!"
Jack was stunned, he wasn't prepared for this at all.
"Shoot the God damn cyno, now!"
The stealth bomber exploded before Jack finished the sentence.
"Cyno neutralised, no new hostiles on grid." The officer informed. "We are being shot at. Dreadnoughts are in siege!" With these words massive flash light came out of these sieged cannons. Antimatter projectiles reached his carrier, shield absorbed the massive impact everyone on board could feel.
"Shields at eighty percent."
"Jack we can take this." Tom shouted at Jack.
Leeloo Killik
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#8 - 2014-11-02 17:59:28 UTC  |  Edited by: Leeloo Killik
"Yeah we can." Jack responded. "Except we have no freaking idea how many more are coming. Someone screwed up here. What the heck happened to the damn cyno jammer?"
"Fleet command to bravo delta!" Jack shouted to coms. "How's Doril look like?"
"Bravo delta to fleet command. Doril is clear. I repeat, Doril is clear."
"Roger bravo delta, stand by."
He felt another impact.
"Shields down to sixty percent."
"Fleet command to all carriers, we need some love here!" Jack responded instantly. "Triage is red!"
Massive energy spike bursted from surrounding carriers towards Jack's Chimera, remotely sending more juice to his ships shields.
"Shields back to ninety percent. We are holding."
"For now anyway!" Jack responded.
"Bridge to engineering. What's our status?"
"Engineering to bridge, 15 more seconds."
Jack took a moment to think. They can try to defend themselves. Risking more reinforcements, or the can simply jump out. Considering Doril is still green.
"Jack! Jack decide!" Shouted Tom at Jack.
Jack shook his head.
"Fleet command to all ships, preserve your capacitor, do not engage. We are jumping out."
"Fleet command to bravo delta, what's the situation?"
"Bravo delta to fleet command, no change here. Doril still green."
"Alright." Jack nods. "Tom keep an eye on D-scan."
"You got it Jack!"
Jack took a last moment to reconsider, but couldn't find a better solution.
"Fleet command to bravo delta. Light the cyno, we are coming in!"
"Bravo delta to fleet command, cyno's up!"
"Fleet command to all ships, lock on bravo delta coordinates and jump! Go now!"
Jack's fleet left the grid, appearing in Doril system one by one around bravo delta's bright cyno. When Jack's ship landed on grid, Jack's jaw dropped as he looked outside from the massive glass wall of the ships bridge.
10 Archon carriers, 15 Moros dreadnoughts and 10 Bhaalgorns, heavy electronic warfare battleships were all lined up waiting for them. For everyone in Jack's fleet, time froze. No one was able to say anything. The view was too overwhelming, too scary.
"Sir, we are being locked..." With these words, massive energy strings striked from those battleships, hitting every single ship in Jack's fleet, targeting their capacitors, as these Bhaalgorns began to neutralise every single bit of their energy. With their capacitors critically low after the jump, it was only a matter of seconds before they ran dry.
"Hail them, hail them now!" Jack shouted in panic.
Massive flash light caused by firing from cannons of those dreadnoughts blinded them for a brief moment. One of the friendly carriers exploded.
Jack had no orders for his fleet. There was nothing he could do. He never felt this betrayed in his entire life. And he had no clue who to blame. The single look outside broke him. All these people are going to die under his command. He ordered evac, the only thing he could.

Tjor removed her hand from Jack's forehead and he regained consciousness. She stepped back a bit.
"I'm deeply sorry Mr O'Hara, but we needed to know." She said calmly. "Your scars are deep, but you still can heal."
Jack stood there in shock. Looking at Tjor, with dozens of questions. How is this possible? Who the heck is she? How did she do that? Is she Jovian?
"Is revenge what you seek?" She interrupted his thought process.
"I don't even know who to blame." He replied after a while.
"What makes you feel you have to blame someone?" She asked kindly.
He felt no judgement in her question. "Someone is responsible for what happened, someone has to be brought to justice."
"Sometimes there is no justice." Tjor responded. "Though most actions have consequences, sometimes revenge is not the right course of action." She paused for a second. "If that wasn't you in the command seat that day, someone else would take that place. It wouldn't change the situation. Revenge won't change what happened, revenge won't bring those lives back. You should let go and focus on what's ahead. But first, you need to forgive yourself. Free yourself from the past. It's time to start looking forward again."
"Get some rest Mr O'Hara. It appears you might need it." With these words Tjor left the room.
Leeloo Killik
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#9 - 2014-11-02 23:12:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Leeloo Killik
Jack stood there, staring at the door, thinking. He agreed with everything she said. There was probably no point chasing up the past. Nothing would change anything. Things happened and nothing in the world could possibly change that.

Strange buzzing sound woke Jack up. He opened his eyes and only a few lights slightly illuminating the room reminded him where he is. Someone was at the door. While standing up he reached for his clothes he left lying around on the floor last night. Another buzz broke the silence.
"Yeah I'm coming!" He shouted nervously. "Just give me a minute." Whispering to himself. He quickly jumped into his pants and went to see who's behind the door. As he was about to open them, another buzz came.
"What the.." He quickly opened the door. A tall blond girl was standing there with a wide smile staring at him, still holding her finger at the buzzer. It took a good couple seconds before she released it.
"Yes?" He asked with annoyed voice.
"I'm just making sure you are awake." She responded with a laugh. Jack could tell she is obviously enjoying it. He scratched his forehead.
"How can I help you?"
She leaned her head to the right a bit in a seducing way and asked gently: "Are you hungry?"
She was cute, Jack couldn't shake the thought. Her hair in a tight pony tail, black tight t-shirt, brown leather pants and high heels didn't exactly keep him calm.
"Up here." She pointed at her face laughing.
Jack realised it took him a bit longer than he intended to check her out.
"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to..."
"C'mon Jack," she interrupted him, "Lee is waiting for us."
"Oh, yeah, sure." Jack responded, feeling like a teenager. "Let me grab my stuff." He stepped back a bit and with a hand gesture invited her in.
"Do you know Lee for long?" Jack asked while stuffing his belongings to his backpack. "I'm sorry I missed your name."
"No you didn't." She smiled. "I'm Tiamat."
"Pleasure to meet you Tiamat." He replied.
"We met a couple years ago," she continued, walking around the room observing it with curiosity. "But she was different back then."
"What do you mean?" Jack looked at her, throwing his backpack on his back.
Tiamat took a vase from one of the shelves and started to observe it carefully. While turning it around she continued: "There were dark times for her in the past." Tiamat paused for a moment. "She was 'new' to 'things' and it took her by surprise. Immortality can do that to you."
"Damn, I knew she is one of them!" Jack almost shouted.
"So am I Jack." She said gently, with her eyes still focused on the vase. "Then the scar on her face happened."
"What's with the scar?" He asked instantly.
She looked at him slowly. "That's not my story to tell." She noticed Jack is ready to leave and placed the vase carefully back on its place. Then turned around and pointed at the door. "Shall we?"

Lee was sitting with Tjor at one of the tables in a large dining room talking about something, when Jack with Tiamat showed up. Jack must have said a joke, as Tiamat suddenly bursted out laughing and was still giggling when they came to their table. Lee looked at them and said: "I see you two get along just fine."
Tiamat placed her hand on Jack's shoulder and her head on the other one. "We bonded," She replied smiling.
Now Lee laughed. "I missed you girl." She offered them a place at the table. Tiamat hugged Lee from behind and kissed her on her cheek.
"Missed you too my dear." She replied and took her seat.
Lee looked at Jack and said: "Sorry Jack, I wanted to go wake you up, but she insisted."
"Can't miss an opportunity to meet a handsome man!" Tiamat responded giggling.
"Jack, did you enjoy your stay?" Asked Tjor after they both sat down.
"I really did, it was very pleasant. Thank you Tjor for the pleasant welcome. Jack responded with a warm tone.
"I'm glad." Said Tjor while standing up. "I'll leave you now. I believe you have plenty to discuss." Then she looked at Lee. "I have arranged everything. You must leave soon. Your window is closing."
"Thank you Tjor." Lee stood up as well. "I appreciate everything you did. I will do my best to fulfil my task."
"I have no doubts you will my dear." Tjor responded and walked away.
Leeloo Killik
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#10 - 2014-11-04 19:26:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Leeloo Killik
Lee watched her leaving until she disappeared behind the corner. She felt enormous pressure. They chose her and she didn't have a clue why.
"Excuse me." She apologised to those two. "Order your breakfast, I'll be back in a minute."
She walked to the restroom and stopped in front of a mirror covering the whole top half of the wall and looked deeply into her own eyes. "Why you?" She whispered after a minute, then closed her eyes. Visualising the star map with the route she had completely memorised. Jumping from system to system and going through their layouts. She knew the position of every planet, star gate and station in each of these solar systems. The deeper she went on the route in her mind, the more dangerous it seemed. Anything could happen there... Anything. The pressure overwhelmed her for a moment. She couldn't care less about her life, but this time she wouldn't be alone onboard. She opened her eyes and washed her face, then looked back into the mirror, very close this time, eyes focused on her scar. "No more lives..."

Lee left the restroom, just about in time to witness Tiamat shooting a tiny piece of butter with her spoon straight on Jack's nose. Jack not expecting that froze and looked her. A few seconds passed when Tiamat started to laugh.
"You!" Jack shouted and began to tickle her. She screamed and laughed even louder, trying to get out of reach, but Jack holded her tight.
Lee smiled and sat down, enjoying them having fun.
"Heeelp!" Tiamat screamed and finally managed to escape, running from the table. She stopped after a few meters when she was sure Jack is not following, still laughing madly. Reaching to her pocket she took out a white tissue and waved with it.
"I surrender!" Making sure it's safe she carefully came back. "Let me help you with that!" She giggled and used the tissue to clean the butter from Jack's nose.
Lee felt happy watching them, there was something magical and pure between those two.
"There! Now your nose is shining!" Tiamat laughed again. Jack did put on a resigning face, but Lee interrupted them.
"I apologise guys, but I have something to discuss and I'm afraid we are running out of time." She gave them a moment and when she was sure they pay attention she continued.
"Our next stop is Venal region. The entire region belongs to Guristas pirates. Our destination is HD-JVQ system, roughly 25 jumps from here. It is a delivery mission, we will dock up at the outposts orbiting one of the moons."
"Lee?" Jack interrupted. "Are you insane? That's like the very edge of this galaxy, almost as far as you can go!"
"I know..." Lee paused. "It gets worse."
"What do you mean?"
"We can not use the fast interceptors we came here with. We will use tech 3 cruisers instead."
"Now that's a bummer. How many in fleet?" Jack bit his lip.
Lee's face changed from serious to desperate. "It's only three of us, two ships."
"What!?" Jack shouted while he jumped on his feet. "You do realise that's just impossible, it's a suicide!"
"That's not all Jack."
"Oh there's more bad news?" Jack made a surprised sarcastic face.
"Yes." Lee continued. "You'll be with me onboard and..." She paused again. "We will be the only fight capable ship in fleet. Tiamat's ship is only fitted for scouting and command links purposes."
"Ok I'm out of here!" Jack turned around and was about to walk away, but Tiamat grabbed his sleeve. He stopped and looked at her.
"Jack?" Tiamat smiled at him. "Jack you grumpy cat sit down and hear her out." She said jokingly. "It's not that bad I promise!"
Jack stood there, looking at both of them, unsure whether he wants to hear more. So far he didn't like the situation a single bit. There were very little chances they could succeed and he knew it. "If I walk away, what exactly am I going back to..." He thought to himself.
"Alright, what's the plan?" He finally decided to give them a chance and sat back down.
"You owe me!" Tiamat pointed her finger at Lee and smiled.
"I always do my dear!" Lee smiled back.
"Ok, here goes. Tiamat will be our eyes. She will always be ahead scouting the route and providing intel. She's got cloak fitted and should be relatively safe. We will only proceed when it's safe to do so and avoid any dangerous situation if possible. If we still get into trouble, we try to run. Fighting is only the last option. If we do this right, it's doable. Jack you'll be there with me. I need your tactical expertise in case we need it. Tiamat knows what to do. Questions?"
"Yeah..." Jack dived in. Why can't we get more people? Or fly the captors? It would be so much easier, and also faster!"
Lee waited with her answer, she wasn't sure how many informations she can share. "It is a very specific task." She finally answered. "There are some specific rules I have to follow. Such as ship class and offensive capabilities."
"Is this some kind of a trial by Society?" Jack interrupted.
"Yes, yes you could say that."
"And what's in it for me? I'm not flying to the edge of the galaxy for fifty grand. It's nice money, but surely not enough to die for. At least not for me!"
"No Jack." Lee giggled. "I wouldn't expect you to do all this for that kind of money. As I promised earlier, if you join me I have way more to offer."
"I'm listening." Jack replied nervously.
"Alright, here's the deal. We get to HD-JVQ and back to Zoohen. Your job is done and as a reward I will get you brand new, fully fitted Ferox battlecruiser. All yours to keep. You can do freelancing, bounty hunting, whatever you please."
Jack was surprised, speechless.
"On top of that..." She continued. "Fifty million of interstellar credits will be wired directly to your account. That's eighty million worth ship and fittings plus fifty cash. The question is, are you in?"
Leeloo Killik
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#11 - 2014-11-05 15:48:05 UTC
Reserved
Leeloo Killik
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#12 - 2014-11-05 19:48:20 UTC
Reserved
Leeloo Killik
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#13 - 2014-11-05 22:02:30 UTC
Reserved
Leeloo Killik
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#14 - 2014-11-14 16:16:10 UTC
Reserved
Leeloo Killik
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#15 - 2014-11-15 12:19:23 UTC
Howdy,

I submitted a bit over 8000 words so far with no feedback. Does it mean it sucks and I should stop or no one really reads eve fiction these days?
Pumbler unknown
Scordite Syndicate
Raravathian Mining and Logistics
#16 - 2014-11-16 21:08:33 UTC
I just read it loved it cant wait for more keep up the good workBig smile
Maddy Midnight
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#17 - 2014-11-18 17:06:30 UTC
I loved the characters! Very good story so far, looking forward to more. The descriptions of traveling through low sec brought back the memories of my first time. My nerves were frazzled looking around and not knowing whats awaiting at the next gate.

I hope to learn more about the scar on her face and the story behind it!

Great read on this rainy day for me.
Leeloo Killik
Fweddit
Free Range Chikuns
#18 - 2014-12-19 14:12:10 UTC
reserved
Astrogha Ronuken
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2014-12-28 11:29:49 UTC
Very nice written fiction, well done and keep it up.