These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Quality of life improvements for fleets

Author
McChicken Combo HalfMayo
The Happy Meal
#1 - 2014-11-01 23:27:01 UTC  |  Edited by: McChicken Combo HalfMayo
Here are five problems that if addressed would streamline and improve the experience of managing fleets.

1. Fleet invites expire too quickly
The amount of times I hear, "yo, invite me again man, sorry..." from a neut who wants in.

2. No way to set default fleet setup
You can save a setup but can't set it to load automatically when you create a fleet each time.

3. Cannot save positions of specific players
Our squad and wing leaders are always the same chaps.

4. Fleet advert settings do not save with fleet setup
Saving a fleet setup does not include the fleet advert settings.

5. Fleet invite pop-ups are sometimes placed under other windows like inventory
If inviting alts into fleet, requires sometimes minimizing certain windows just to hit 'accept'.

There are all our dominion

Gate camps: "Its like the lowsec watercooler, just with explosions and boose" - Ralph King-Griffin

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#2 - 2014-11-02 00:23:27 UTC
No objections but regarding 3. maybe this could be "mananged" by a now sort of corp or alliance kind of role or a flag you can "pin" for your squads.

In case you have ALT1 and you always want him / her to be your "squad 2" commander he or she get's this new corp role or a sort of flag you can choose from, like a drop-down menu for "fleet commander", "squad commander 1 of 5", "wing leader 1 of 5" and so on.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#3 - 2014-11-02 01:39:37 UTC
I see no real problems this would cause so +1
Old Man Parmala
Doomheim
#4 - 2014-11-02 02:03:22 UTC
Seems Good
The Hamilton
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2014-11-02 08:23:54 UTC
Hopefully these, POS corp roles and much more come with the all new Alliance pass sometime next year.

I'd like to add an auto invite to players in a list if they log in. Could help get things underway quicker.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#6 - 2014-11-02 10:39:18 UTC
The Hamilton wrote:
Hopefully these, POS corp roles and much more come with the all new Alliance pass sometime next year.

I'd like to add an auto invite to players in a list if they log in. Could help get things underway quicker.

Yes exactly. And your buddies and / or alts dying to log in and spam your corp / fleet channels with x's will like it too.

I see no harm in there, +1

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

McChicken Combo HalfMayo
The Happy Meal
#7 - 2014-11-05 07:34:32 UTC  |  Edited by: McChicken Combo HalfMayo
Roles for fleets at the corp/alliance level would be nice, but I'd still as well like to see it incorporated into the actual saved fleet setup. This will allow any player to be saved in a particular spot which would be useful for coalitions, public roams, etc.

Gate camps: "Its like the lowsec watercooler, just with explosions and boose" - Ralph King-Griffin

McChicken Combo HalfMayo
The Happy Meal
#8 - 2014-12-14 20:10:07 UTC
Looking for more opinions on this, feel free to chime in.

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#9 - 2014-12-14 20:23:54 UTC
It's a good suggestion.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Dana Goodeye
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#10 - 2014-12-25 21:02:49 UTC
its looks a good idea.
andone more... what about fleet merging?
it would be nice to have 2 or more separate flets,a nd if its neded, they could be merged to one...
or what about ability to set an another fleet to friendly? ofc it could be an alive settings until booth fleets are running... but it also could be nice...
sometimes its horrible to combat around when 2 or more of your flets are separated...
Anhenka
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2014-12-25 22:50:18 UTC
I'd really rather not have every Bob or Tom in my alliance in a fleet with their alt have a fleet advert up by default upon fleet creation.

In any decent sized alliance it's likely to add quite a few fleet adverts, and said people may not want anyone else to be able to join their fleet at will. And rules that everyone needs to close their automatically opened fleet adverts if not an official op is worse than official ops or roams having to manually create one.

Especially if you have free move on and some awoxer in your alliance invites himself to your fleet, moves himself into squad/wing command and then wing warps you.

No, fleet adverts need to stay something that is a choice to open, not a default action upon creating a fleet.
McChicken Combo HalfMayo
The Happy Meal
#12 - 2014-12-26 05:38:50 UTC  |  Edited by: McChicken Combo HalfMayo
Anhenka wrote:
I'd really rather not have every Bob or Tom in my alliance in a fleet with their alt have a fleet advert up by default upon fleet creation.

In any decent sized alliance it's likely to add quite a few fleet adverts, and said people may not want anyone else to be able to join their fleet at will. And rules that everyone needs to close their automatically opened fleet adverts if not an official op is worse than official ops or roams having to manually create one.

Especially if you have free move on and some awoxer in your alliance invites himself to your fleet, moves himself into squad/wing command and then wing warps you.

No, fleet adverts need to stay something that is a choice to open, not a default action upon creating a fleet.

Agreed. I was far too vague in my topic post.

What I'd like to see is fleet advert settings saved with the fleet setup. If you don't have an advert up when you save the fleet, it would load without an advert.

I've updated the post to reflect this.

Dana Goodeye wrote:
its looks a good idea.
andone more... what about fleet merging?
it would be nice to have 2 or more separate flets,a nd if its neded, they could be merged to one...
or what about ability to set an another fleet to friendly? ofc it could be an alive settings until booth fleets are running... but it also could be nice...
sometimes its horrible to combat around when 2 or more of your flets are separated...

Fleet merging and fleet standings have strategic advantages that should be considered. To group up with another fleet right now can take several minutes if not several dozen, which has an affect on the battle you're fleeting up to fight in.

I'm not against fleet merging or fleet standings but I wouldn't classify them as pure QoL changes as they have larger ramifications.