These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Drop one Autocannon for an Energy Neut? (Solo Cloki)

Author
Boozbaz
Securitech Industries
#1 - 2014-10-29 05:57:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Boozbaz
I found this fitting and it looks good: http://eve.battleclinic.com/loadout/47778-Loki-Shield-Buffer-Wormhole-Explorer.html

The idea is simple, hunt through wormholes, find a solo target, engage in pew.

The biggest concern though, is that the DPS is low on a cloaked loki, and that can cause an issue if I am trying to break the tank of a PVE ship. So here's what I was thinking: I might get a faster kill time if I drop one autocannon and put a medium energy neutralizer in it's place....

What do you think? I would basically be going down from approximately 400dps to 330dps - but then I could shut down any active tanking mods, which could help kill a tanky PVE ship faster. How effective is a single energy neut at shutting down a ship's tank?

[Loki, Cloaki]
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Damage Control II

Warp Scrambler II
Large Shield Extender II
Large Shield Extender II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
10MN Afterburner II

425mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP M
Medium Energy Neutralizer II
Covert Ops Cloaking Device II
Expanded Probe Launcher II, Core Scanner Probe I

Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

Loki Defensive - Adaptive Shielding
Loki Offensive - Covert Reconfiguration
Loki Electronics - Emergent Locus Analyzer
Loki Propulsion - Fuel Catalyst
Loki Engineering - Augmented Capacitor Reservoir

Effective HP: 82K
DPS is listed at 329 with republic fleet EMP. (400dps if I drop the energy neut for a 5th AC)
Optimal - 1.5K + 12K falloff
Mobility: 752m/s
Cap lasts 55 minutes with everything running.
Danjun Zahid
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2014-10-29 06:29:06 UTC
if your going to be close enough to use the neut id use t2 ammo. if you want more dps id consider going with faction mods. they sit at about 100 mill per i believe ( not sure for gyros) and defs get some t2 rigs on it. essentially if you want to go cloaky hunting the proteus is the best as blasters rip at close ranges but if your content about the loki i would look at blinging it a bit. also possibly removing the dcu for a nano for more speed. you also have to remember is that if you end up fighting in sites you may end up facing aggro so you have to be prepared for that. as fr the neut it defs would help in breaking their tank if its active like a c3 tengu. i would also suggest flying with a friend just to make sure you secure the kills because the loot gained from blingy ratting ships can be quite nice
Boozbaz
Securitech Industries
#3 - 2014-10-29 06:38:57 UTC
Danjun Zahid wrote:
if your going to be close enough to use the neut id use t2 ammo. if you want more dps id consider going with faction mods. they sit at about 100 mill per i believe ( not sure for gyros) and defs get some t2 rigs on it. essentially if you want to go cloaky hunting the proteus is the best as blasters rip at close ranges but if your content about the loki i would look at blinging it a bit. also possibly removing the dcu for a nano for more speed. you also have to remember is that if you end up fighting in sites you may end up facing aggro so you have to be prepared for that. as fr the neut it defs would help in breaking their tank if its active like a c3 tengu. i would also suggest flying with a friend just to make sure you secure the kills because the loot gained from blingy ratting ships can be quite nice

Okay all of that advice sounds good, thank you for sharing.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#4 - 2014-10-29 15:22:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
Even a small neut will have a big impact on their cap in a protracted fight, med 's even more so, be aware though some fits can just "LoL, neuts" and keep fighting.
if possible I would carry the neuts either in your cargo or in an alts and refit when you think it might be needed.

And as mentioned above, t2fits on t3's tend to under perform, try some faction mods on it(not guns though) .
RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#5 - 2014-10-29 15:40:38 UTC
425's have a little trouble tracking small fast ships. You might consider 220's if you're going to be within scram/neut range anyway.
Boozbaz
Securitech Industries
#6 - 2014-10-29 17:17:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Boozbaz
RavenPaine wrote:
425's have a little trouble tracking small fast ships. You might consider 220's if you're going to be within scram/neut range anyway.

That's a really good point. I was thinking of dropping one large shield extender to put a web in it's place, but I lose nearly 1/3 of my EHP that way. I think 220's are a good idea, the amount of DPS loss isn't that bad, and then I would just have to put a little extra thought towards piloting my ship to get my transversal below 1.5 rads/sec.

Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Even a small neut will have a big impact on their cap in a protracted fight, med 's even more so, be aware though some fits can just "LoL, neuts" and keep fighting.
if possible I would carry the neuts either in your cargo or in an alts and refit when you think it might be needed.

And as mentioned above, t2fits on t3's tend to under perform, try some faction mods on it(not guns though) .

How do I get faction gyro's and the like in EFT? I don't see them in the list O_O
flaming phantom
Unlimited LTD
#7 - 2014-10-30 14:23:22 UTC
I don't have EFT in front of me, but it should be in the bottom left corner. If you search for "gyro" or go to the gyrostabilizer section it should display the tech 1 and 2variants in the window in the bottom left. Underneath that in annoying hard to find text is 3 other options to switch between faction, officer, and deadspace i think. Click through those to find the shiny versions of mods.
Aerie Evingod
Midwest Miners LLC
#8 - 2014-10-30 18:16:20 UTC
Things to keep in mind,: many active tanked ships may also be fit with a cap booster and ASB don't require cap.
Iyokus Patrouette
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2014-10-31 01:16:29 UTC
It looks like a solid fit either way you go. That Disruptor won't stop a battleship from Micro Jump Driving 100km and warping off though.

It really comes down to what ship you find running sites and adjusting the fit to suit that engagement (mobile depot with a few spare mods might be smartest choice.)

---- Advocate for the initiation of purple coloured wormholes----

Boozbaz
Securitech Industries
#10 - 2014-10-31 02:27:13 UTC
Iyokus Patrouette wrote:
It looks like a solid fit either way you go. That Disruptor won't stop a battleship from Micro Jump Driving 100km and warping off though.

It really comes down to what ship you find running sites and adjusting the fit to suit that engagement (mobile depot with a few spare mods might be smartest choice.)

This is a great idea, I can observe them while cloaked up, then go off to refit and come back with the right fit.
Danjun Zahid
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2014-10-31 03:12:09 UTC
Aerie Evingod wrote:
Things to keep in mind,: many active tanked ships may also be fit with a cap booster and ASB don't require cap.

if someone was running sites with an asb in a wormhole they deserve to die. most fits that fly solo in c4 and below wont use a cap booster as with blingy fits you can get cap stable very easy with perma tank. now if they were pvp fitted doing sites which is not uncommon then it would be a factor but people who solo sites are a different kind of breed :P