These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Bye Bye No Holes Barred

Author
Alundil
Rolled Out
#61 - 2014-10-27 18:30:38 UTC
Hidden Fremen wrote:
....and here you all are acting like the Westboro Baptist Church....

I believe that there's probably some Godwin's Law-esque concept related to the WBC. If not, there ought to be.

Other than that - content is content. Props to NoHo for repelling the Mongol Hordes (and their allies). Props to the attackers for trying something...again. 4th time might be the charm I guess.

As for the business cards being bandied about, I agree in principle but reality seems to fall a bit short of the ideal being pushed.

I'm right behind you

Hidden Fremen
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#62 - 2014-10-27 19:40:30 UTC
Fourth?
CivilWars
Half Empty
xqtywiznalamywmodxfhhopawzpqyjdwrpeptuaenabjawdzku
#63 - 2014-10-27 21:46:54 UTC
TOOL wins again, oh wait...

Props to the attackers for even trying. My biggest complaint about you guys has been that you 73 guns to shoot one guy with a stick. Whether the outcome was expected or not you put your assets on the line in this one, and that is all anyone can ask for.

GFs in local all around.

Hidden Fremen liked your forum post:

Jack Miton liked your forum post:

Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#64 - 2014-10-27 22:37:28 UTC
Mallozzi wrote:
Hidden Fremen wrote:
I mean... They did call in help, too :P

Yeah big thanks to our Exit Strat bro's for the extra 6 pilots :)

Ah yes, the old too many dreads, not enough pilots problem :)

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Nox Arnoux
New Jovian Exploration Department
New Jovian Collective
#65 - 2014-10-27 23:32:55 UTC
**Disclaimer** I don't speak for anyone in NoHo, just voicing my own perspective on the current state of WH affairs.

I will begin by saying that I woke up on Saturday morning with a hangover and a reinforced tower. The combination thereof resulted in my "gudfite" attitude immediately taking a backseat to my "eradicate the invaders at all costs" attitude.

I don't understand TOOL. You all seem really bitter about being "The only ones left" and yet you actively choose to live in the barren wasteland of C5 statics where 90% of the systems are either empty or risk-averse farmers and the chance of rolling into each other is over 1-in-500. Granted C6 space is by no means an amusement park, but the chances of you rolling into someone who can field a comparable fleet to yours would be significantly higher than your chances of connecting to anybody living in a C5, and it gets even higher if you actually move in (because you'll be occupying one of the empty C6s that you no longer need to roll through).

We regularly (a.k.a almost every time we rage roll) move a rolling fleet into a C6 > C5 for the slim chance of finding entities like SSC or Hard Knocks, but the odds of actually connecting to any given C5 is so remote that most of us don't put any credence behind the effort. The level of excitement when a scout calls SSC or Hard Knocks on the other side is comparable to that of a fat kid in a candy store. And now what I hear is that Hard Knocks doesn't actually live in a wormhole anymore, they just keep holding towers and capital ships in a random magnetar to grind isk in and base their fleets out of highsec (can someone confirm/deny?). If this is true, then why would we even bother to look for you at this point? What's the difference between rolling into you and rolling into a random farmer now in the larger scheme of C5 statistics?

Everyone is more than welcome to knock on our door at any time, and we're more than happy for people to go out of their way to find us instead of the other way around. We'll engage you in our home, in your home, or in a neutral static, without a batphone.

But when you kick down our backdoor with 130 dudes in the middle of the night and smash up our hardwood furniture and expensive China, you can damn well expect a burglar's welcome.

Thanks for the otherwise entertaining weekend. This must've been the longest I've stayed logged in for the entire year. You've even managed to drag Two Step out of his hibernation because being invaded is one of his wet dreams from the Nova days.
G0hme
Illusion of Flight
#66 - 2014-10-27 23:59:43 UTC
The contradictions in this thread is strong. Wondering if I should take screenshots of the post before the redacting starts, like on Reddit. Also big thanks to Two step for providing pictures when someone decides to not stand by their words and leave Hard Knocks to clean up the mess.

But how can someone, EVER, expect a failed eviction OP of an honored and well established Wspace PVP corp, not to have any sort of PR related backfire? Thats some next level disillusion rivaled only by Lords Servant or Holeysheet1. Ofcourse people are gonna laugh at you, especially if you are not really that well-liked amoungst your peers to begin with.

But I wonder, how does trying to evict a PVP corp exactly play into the whole "IT WAS IN THE SPIRIT OF CONTENT" in after action damage control?

Is it just me, or does slam dunks never make it into the history books?

Also Hidden, you should probably have listened to Edwards post, it could have saved you yet another round of embarrasment, However I am flattered that it only took a single post, for you to go ape **** and pull out the stars for me, it works really well for me. Much appreciated.

P.S Andrew, you are the hero we do not deserve <3

Shook Eelm's hand at Fanfest 2012

Shook CCP Soundwave's hand at Fanfest 2013

Got NPC API removed from Wormhole Space.

Dark Armata
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#67 - 2014-10-28 00:08:35 UTC
Our chain was just in the right place at the right time.

Things changed and in the end we probably were not required at all.

However we greatly appreciate the opportunity to take part.

o7

W-Space IS Best Space

Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
Sending Thots And Players
#68 - 2014-10-28 01:42:24 UTC
Hidden seems a bit steamed up. Remember guys, people have feelings.
ChaeDoc II
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#69 - 2014-10-28 03:52:57 UTC
Hidden Fremen wrote:
Why so much hate? I don't get it. We're out doing **** while you're all sitting stale, doing the same old ****; scanning, maybe looking for ganks. We undertook a big op, failed, and here you all are acting like the Westboro Baptist Church. Unreal.

You allied up with people who want to turn all of C6 wormhole space into Happy Funtime Renter Land to try and evict a major C6 entity. You expected a different reaction?
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#70 - 2014-10-28 04:35:08 UTC
ChaeDoc II wrote:
Hidden Fremen wrote:
Why so much hate? I don't get it. We're out doing **** while you're all sitting stale, doing the same old ****; scanning, maybe looking for ganks. We undertook a big op, failed, and here you all are acting like the Westboro Baptist Church. Unreal.

You allied up with people who want to turn all of C6 wormhole space into Happy Funtime Renter Land to try and evict a major C6 entity. You expected a different reaction?

youre wasting your breath mate. Hidden should (and I suspect does) know better but he needs to justify recruiting and blueing half of WH space somehow *shrug*.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Ren Oren
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#71 - 2014-10-29 04:10:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Ren Oren
The unwritten law of WH space (when I used to be in wormholes 2 years ago) was:

• -Do NOT evict entities that give fights, especially pvp entities
  • -Only exception would be a deep grudge and would be considered serious business
    -Evictions of non-pvp entities were considered "content/fun"
    -Anything that got too big and started disobeying the laws above had to be crushed (When -A- tried to invade wormholes)

As Nox Arnoux beautifully said, you came in like burglars, with the intent to destroy an active pvp entity and got your ass rightfully kicked "This is Sparta!!!" style
Ion Udan
Stellar Ascent
#72 - 2014-10-29 04:28:34 UTC
Mallozzi wrote:
You merely adopted the Magnetar, We were born in it, Molded by it......

Good, fun content guys.

Everyone skipped over the best post in this thread ^

So, glorious QEX brother steals potatoes from hisec.

Thor66777
THE AESIR.
ROLLED IN.
#73 - 2014-10-29 04:56:53 UTC
Ren Oren wrote:
The unwritten law of WH space (when I used to be in wormholes 2 years ago) was:

• -Do NOT evict entities that give fights, especially pvp entities
  • -Only exception would be a deep grudge and would be considered serious business
    -Evictions of non-pvp entities were considered "content/fun"
    -Anything that got too big and started disobeying the laws above had to be crushed (When -A- tried to invade wormholes)

As Nox Arnoux beautifully said, you came in like burglars, with the intent to destroy an active pvp entity and got your ass rightfully kicked "This is Sparta!!!" style

Old rules written buy a group of people who took themselves too seriously.
Lloyd Roses
Artificial Memories
#74 - 2014-10-30 10:21:16 UTC
RudinV wrote:
Lloyd Roses wrote:
It's just a cycle, groups bloat, blue each other to fight even greater enemies (see TLOST invasion) and then failscade roughly three months afterwards in average.

Guess a failscading velocity could be normalized around the RCC mark of claiming superiority to vanishing, which was around three months i think.

thx dude, high lvl analitics from no skill/dead corp member is always appreciated.

Very good, russian B U dropout now rating piloting skill. While we're at it, let's ask virgins about sex tips.
Lenroc Elisav
Lenny'S TAX evasion 101
#75 - 2014-10-30 10:45:00 UTC
All you guys had a fun week-end. IH8UALL!!!

Nice try even better reply. Chapeau!

P.S. ProTip 100MN ABs work wonders on T3s against magnetar dread blapping Cool.
RudinV
Sons Of Mother's Friend
Can i bring my Drake...
#76 - 2014-10-30 11:16:38 UTC  |  Edited by: RudinV
Lloyd Roses wrote:
RudinV wrote:
Lloyd Roses wrote:
It's just a cycle, groups bloat, blue each other to fight even greater enemies (see TLOST invasion) and then failscade roughly three months afterwards in average.

Guess a failscading velocity could be normalized around the RCC mark of claiming superiority to vanishing, which was around three months i think.

thx dude, high lvl analitics from no skill/dead corp member is always appreciated.

Very good, russian B U dropout now rating piloting skill. While we're at it, let's ask virgins about sex tips.

this moment when buddy cant see the difference between ingame and forum pvp...
russian BU count kb stats. bluefires count forum likes i guess
Lenroc Elisav wrote:
All you guys had a fun week-end. IH8UALL!!!

Nice try even better reply. Chapeau!

P.S. ProTip 100MN ABs work wonders on T3s against magnetar dread blapping Cool.

im p sure ive seen some ssc in TS the day before...
Andrew Jester
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#77 - 2014-10-30 12:24:33 UTC
G0hme wrote:
P.S Andrew, you are the hero we do not deserve <3

Thx bbyz <4 Lol

If thuggin' was a category I'd win a Grammy

Monic DeSun
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#78 - 2014-11-01 23:13:04 UTC
Any movi from this action? :)
Xtrah
Overload This
TURBOFEED OR GLORY
#79 - 2014-11-02 05:04:07 UTC
Monic DeSun wrote:

Work in progress, no ETA just yet though.
Xtrah
Overload This
TURBOFEED OR GLORY
#80 - 2014-11-20 13:54:26 UTC
Xtrah wrote:
Monic DeSun wrote:

Work in progress, no ETA just yet though.

And its up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbT5Ku8Br48