These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The most Succesfull Alliance in EVE

Author
Forum Fighter
Doomheim
#41 - 2011-12-14 04:45:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Forum Fighter
Clearly Band of Brothers. They are so awesome they have transcended Eve Online to spread their legacy elsewhere.

Bearer of the 1600mm Tinfoil Hat

Fluk3 Skywalk3r
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#42 - 2011-12-14 07:35:34 UTC
I think Triumvirate were the best at PVP as previously mentioned, the reason they lost the space to TCF was mostly due to the internal bickering at the time and it was breaking up - But tbh Tri was better when it wasn't about holding space.

BoB will always be the most historic of corps as it had its hand in ALL the pies.

PL now I believe is the Alliance with the most influence on the game.

But, big but. I think RvB needs some credit not most successful but most successful at getting more pilots into PvP.

So I agree with a previous comment where someone mentioned most successful at what..... It seems that most people have the same top 4 or 5 in different orders.

:)
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#43 - 2011-12-14 07:37:15 UTC
I'd like to pour out a 40 and honour Intrepid Crossing, clearly the most successful alliance in EVE Online.

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Herping yourDerp
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#44 - 2011-12-14 07:38:18 UTC
probably amarr empire, according to the sovereignty map they have the most stations
Johan Krieger
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#45 - 2011-12-14 07:39:50 UTC
Andski wrote:
I'd like to pour out a 40 and honour Intrepid Crossing, clearly the most successful alliance in EVE Online.

not blankposting
Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#46 - 2011-12-14 07:41:37 UTC
Arbiter Reformed wrote:
triumvirate has been inactive for years and is still no2 on battleclinic iirc

well i find it hard to drop down because .. well you know you dont have any losses.
Jaroslav Unwanted
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#47 - 2011-12-14 07:44:26 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Rooks and Kings for the way they will stand against larger numbers. Just look how few members they have in the entire alliance - about 250 or so! Shocked

Video

I must admit their "work" is impressive.
robbyx
#48 - 2011-12-14 07:58:19 UTC
Solodrakban...

Coolest name...best youtube video of all time....i dont care about the rest of the criteria.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BUDDd4rU9Y
Hired Assasin
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#49 - 2011-12-14 08:00:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Hired Assasin
Clearly its Goons and -A- , Dronies and pets (PL) dont count LolLolLol

Teamspeak 3 with API and Web Interface Hosting with Member Rewards!! : http://alturl.com/asde8 Catch me on EVE Gate, im allmost always on it!

Florestan Bronstein
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#50 - 2011-12-14 08:26:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Florestan Bronstein
Going with goons:

First, they have changed the way many people think about the game and how to run an alliance.
The understanding that you can't successfully force your members to do your bidding if they don't want to may sound trivial but is a pretty big deal.
The results of these insights - no CTAs, no tax hikes during ops, but a huge emphasis on making people want to do boring things by embedding these things into compelling narratives - are spreading across the alliance boundaries and will continue to spread in the future.

Second, they successfully built up TEST as an independent alliance but injected them with their own cultural values, organizational knowledge, etc. Now they try to repeat the incubator experiment with ESG (and one could say that in time they will have bred their very own NC P).
That's a bold move and an hitherto unheard-of reliance on "soft power" over the military/economic/... dependency structures usually found between most alliances and their "pets".
The TEST/PL friendship shows the risks of this approach but on the whole it seems to be working out pretty well for GSF.
Jita Alt666
#51 - 2011-12-14 08:32:34 UTC
I like how no one has mentioned Morsus Mihi.
Buhtlica
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#52 - 2011-12-14 08:41:26 UTC
I say Triumvirate...PL just basically copied them.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#53 - 2011-12-14 08:42:04 UTC
Jita Alt666 wrote:
I like how no one has mentioned Morsus Mihi.

an alliance that has been a shell of itself long before losing tribute?

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#54 - 2011-12-14 08:42:44 UTC
Buhtlica wrote:
Triumvirate

Which incarnation?

Buhtlica
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#55 - 2011-12-14 08:46:54 UTC
Andski wrote:
Buhtlica wrote:
Triumvirate

Which incarnation?

All 3 of them were excellent PVP entities. PL copied their style, and later, members.

But in terms of produced drama and tears, Goons are the best :) Eve wouldn't be the same with them gone.
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#56 - 2011-12-14 08:58:22 UTC
Buhtlica wrote:
Andski wrote:
Buhtlica wrote:
Triumvirate

Which incarnation?

All 3 of them were excellent PVP entities. PL copied their style, and later, members.

You'll find that the two are very different entities entirely.

ArmyOfMe
Teddybears.
#57 - 2011-12-14 09:11:41 UTC
1. Band Of Brothers.. No doubt about this one tbh, eve became a boring place without them. The alliance everyone loved to hate, but nobody could beat without disbanding the entire alliance.

2. Curse Alliance. Ah, the truly good old days of eve, with station ping pong and everything.

3. Morsus Mihi: For having created the Carebear utopia wich lasted for years and gave everyone a awesome place to roam and get kills.

4. ASCN: The inspiration for all carebear alliances that wanted to try and claim a bit of space for their own.

5. Mercenary coalition: They were the original merc alliance, and did their job damn well back in the days. Allways on the front when it came to using new tech to their advantage, and used t2 and caps while most others were flying around in crappy t1 ships.

GM Guard > I must ask you not to use the petition option like this again but i personally would finish the chicken sandwich first so it won´t go to waste. The spaghetti will keep and you can use it the next time you get hungry. Best regards.

Hemmo Paskiainen
#58 - 2011-12-14 09:52:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Hemmo Paskiainen
You should define it more and find stats on certain area´s like:

-Witch alliances are involded in killing other alliacnes
-Witch allaices are killing more numbers than others
-Witch alliances have good k/d
-Witch allaicnes have good efficienty
-Witch alliances have sov held for xx amount of time and how much
-Witch allaices are stable (no internal drama, kicks leaving ect)
-Witch alliances are concidered top notch in public eyes
-ect u get the point

hint: if u know what something is not, u also know what it is

Have fun finding the data, prolly top 5 exist in random order out of:

-A-
BoB
Goonswarm
PL
MM

If relativity equals time plus momentum, what equals relativity, if the momentum is minus to the time?

Sir Patrick Moore
Doomheim
#59 - 2011-12-14 10:02:53 UTC
Buhtlica wrote:
I say Triumvirate...PL just basically copied them.

Sorry, KIA was 19.7% better than triumvirite

Sir Patrick Moore CBE, FRS, FRAS Hon. Vice President of the Royal Astronomical Society

ovenproofjet
Gallifrey Industries
#60 - 2011-12-14 10:06:49 UTC  |  Edited by: ovenproofjet
Ur235 wrote:
Triumvirate will always be the most successfull alliance (when it comes to pvp anyway) no one else even comes close

19.7% efficiency against LOLKIA...pr0 right?