These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Bring us the head of Veers Belvar

First post
Author
Bastion Arzi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#361 - 2014-10-29 01:42:10 UTC
per week? month?
PotatoOverdose
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#362 - 2014-10-29 01:42:28 UTC
Somewhere around 50 mil, I think.

Edit: per week I believe.
Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#363 - 2014-10-29 01:42:56 UTC
Bastion Arzi wrote:
per week? month?

Per Week....but these things usually don't go longer than a week anyway - that is more than enough time to achieve decisive victory.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#364 - 2014-10-29 01:46:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Bastion Arzi wrote:
you make a good point but what would u have me do.

he needs rehab

how much is it to war dec a 2 man corp anyway?
No point wardeccing him, he'll simply close and reroll the corp, then claim economic victory. Much as Veers hates James 315, and the organisation he created*, Veers is perfectly willing to follow his example in this respect.

*To clarify, James 315 uses the mechanic, which was requested by carebears, to troll the carebears. CODE. don't use the mechanic, they like wars..

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

PotatoOverdose
Caldari State
#365 - 2014-10-29 01:48:14 UTC
One of the sad things about "bounty hunting" or being a "hitman" in eve is that the reward is never worth the effort.

Take this thread as an example. I might be inclined to go after him if the reward was 2-3 bil, but as has been correctly pointed out: you have no guarantee of a deal not taking place between a would be hunter and the mark.
Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#366 - 2014-10-29 01:51:32 UTC
PotatoOverdose wrote:
One of the sad things about "bounty hunting" or being a "hitman" in eve is that the reward is never worth the effort.

Take this thread as an example. I might be inclined to go after him if the reward was 2-3 bil, but as has been correctly pointed out: you have no guarantee of a deal not taking place between a would be hunter and the mark.

Agreed...bounty hunting doesn't work when death is no big deal.

What they would have to do is escrow a few billion isk with someone like Chribba, and pay you a bounty of 50% of isk destroyed. And even then there could be collusion because the target may have wanted to get rid of that clone anyway.

Bounties are only real used, as in this thread, for generating discussion and a bit of entertainment.
PotatoOverdose
Caldari State
#367 - 2014-10-29 02:12:20 UTC
I suppose if you offered the bounty only to particular parties, that might make it "safer". So for instance Bastion Arzi could offer a 2 billion bounty to be collectable only by particular interested parties, say La Nariz and Jonah or whoever. That might be enough incentive for someone to make the attempt. A deal is less likely to happen as, realistically, there isn't much point in paying chribba 1 bil or w/e his rate is on a 2 bil bounty.

Still kinda pointless though.
Froggy Storm
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#368 - 2014-10-29 05:58:04 UTC
It is kind of a shame that bounty hunting is so lack luster. The reward vs efforts really need to be boosted. Not to mention making the act of getting and having a bounty made material in some way. Then again if that were to happen in any meaningful way the outcry would echo far and wide about troll bounties and how anything against "someone" is somehow harassment if it can actually effect them in some way.
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#369 - 2014-10-29 06:59:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Ima Wreckyou
The best way how to deal with Veers is to simply block him. Because he is only talking trash on the forums and in local and has no impact at all in EVE this simple click will completely eliminate him out of your game.

I am sure that counts as a perma kill. You can send the bounty as a stack of Catalysts if you want.
CODE Agent AC
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#370 - 2014-10-29 07:40:51 UTC
Hey Veers,

how was your 'Uedama incursion' from a few nights ago?

I know we 'incursion-ed' a good handful of ships, yet you just sat there in local. I thought you were elite brah, ELITE I SAY! Maybe next time we can parlay via Nightmares and frolic within the space-meadows. I do love to frolic so.

The Artist Formerly Known As AC. 

The terminal end of the digestive system. 

The Best CSM Candidate

Amyclas Amatin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#371 - 2014-10-29 10:10:26 UTC
We shall hit high-sec in the belly! Death to incursion runners! It is finally happening! Big smile

For more information on the New Order of High-Sec, please visit: http://www.minerbumping.com/

Remember that whenever you have a bad day in EVE, the correct reponse is "Thank you CCP, may I please have another?"

Bastion Arzi
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#372 - 2014-10-29 11:36:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Bastion Arzi
ccp something needs to be done, veers is a griefer and i have literally no way of fighting him back that he cant avoid. Evil

i tried placing a bounty on him but then realised if the pot got too full a deal would be struck.

I considered wardeccing him but his corp is so small that he can just drop it and reform.

I understand that there are reasons a wardec shouldn't follow the ceo for the duration (ie if he were to drop corp and remake the wardec would still be in effect)

i guess my best bet is to just try and catch him when he forays into low or null but hes not really worth the time and effort ths would take instead of me playing the game.

hopefully this post will not add more flame to his fire and pave the way for moar **** poasting. I like to visit the forums, some people here are cool and thier posts make me laugh. but veers is destroying that with his merciless onslaught of bullshit.

somebody mentioned to block veers. i guess the only option worth the time.

sry for the whine
La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#373 - 2014-10-29 12:05:03 UTC
Bastion Arzi wrote:
ccp something needs to be done, veers is a griefer and i have literally no way of fighting him back that he cant avoid. Evil

i tried placing a bounty on him but then realised if the pot got too full a deal would be struck.

I considered wardeccing him but his corp is so small that he can just drop it and reform.

I understand that there are reasons a wardec shouldn't follow the ceo for the duration (ie if he were to drop corp and remake the wardec would still be in effect)

i guess my best bet is to just try and catch him when he forays into low or null but hes not really worth the time and effort ths would take instead of me playing the game.

hopefully this post will not add more flame to his fire and pave the way for moar **** poasting. I like to visit the forums, some people here are cool and thier posts make me laugh. but veers is destroying that with his merciless onslaught of bullshit.

sry for the whine

We are being tortured someone call ripard teg.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Omar Alharazaad
New Eden Tech Support
#374 - 2014-10-29 12:44:37 UTC
Every time Veers poasts the Flying Spaghetti Monster kills a kitten. SAVE THE KITTENS!
I suppose there are circumstances in which it would be tolerable, but that would require a sense of humor and him allowing for the possibility that he's occasionally wrong in order for them to come about.
My offer still stands as far as bounties go. No, I wont throw ISK into the mix, but only because I believe that a) putting a monetary value on this important service to the public would dishonor the act itself, and b) it inflates his already inappropriately sized ego further, and encourages even more shitpoasts.

Come hell or high water, this sick world will know I was here.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#375 - 2014-10-29 13:37:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Omar Alharazaad wrote:
him allowing for the possibility that he's occasionally wrong in order for them to come about.
That'll never happen, he loves himself entirely too much.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

La Nariz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#376 - 2014-10-29 13:43:53 UTC
Its going full circle veers is slowly becoming hollowed like anslo.

This post was loving crafted by a member of the Official GoonWaffe recruitment team. Improve the forums, support this idea: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&find=unread&t=345133

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#377 - 2014-10-29 13:45:16 UTC
La Nariz wrote:
Its going full circle veers is slowly becoming hollowed like anslo.

Ain't no campfires in carebear land.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#378 - 2014-10-29 14:25:50 UTC
Amyclas Amatin wrote:
We shall hit high-sec in the belly! Death to incursion runners! It is finally happening! Big smile

Touche'.

You are the only poster in this thread I can respect so far, buddy. You don't come here to whine, complain, put some hopeless bounty on me, threaten to wardecc me, cry when those fail, pretend to block me, and then accuse me of torture.

You actually play the game and try to accomplish your goals.

For that I am rewarding you with one rookie ship from agent AC.
Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#379 - 2014-10-29 14:27:22 UTC
Bastion Arzi wrote:

sry for the whine

No need to apologize for the whining - I've come to expect it from CODE/Goons and their supporters. While I personally don't collect tears or such, I still find confessions of utter defeat and helplessness to be informative.

I do most humbly accept your defeat. Know that you have lost to a better man.
Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#380 - 2014-10-29 14:28:45 UTC
La Nariz wrote:

We are being tortured someone call ripard teg.

We all know the real torture is how you have been forced to abandon sov and are about to get your head beaten in by a whole bunch of folks in nullsec. It wasn't Gevlon Goblin who finished off Goons - it was CCP.