These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Are you trying??

Author
grizzlemethis
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#1 - 2011-09-13 02:18:38 UTC
The new forum? blows....monacle gate?...blows. walking around in stations?....everyone has it turned off. My question is are you guys trying to ruin the game or are you just on a really bad run here?
Apollo Gabriel
Kill'em all. Let Bob sort'em out.
Ushra'Khan
#2 - 2011-09-13 02:22:21 UTC
while I won't argue with you about Incarna, the forums seem fine to me.
Always ... Never ... Forget to check your references.   Peace out Zulu! Hope you land well!
Triggadex
Absolute Order
Absolute Honor
#3 - 2011-09-13 03:07:15 UTC
At least they give you the option to turn it off rather then sticking you with it until establishments are done.

CCP Guard's Day | Wake up --- Make Coffee --- Read and Reply on forums for 7 hrs --- Have meeting --- Sleep on couch in Office

Signal11th
#4 - 2011-09-13 07:50:39 UTC
Forum is fine, apart from a mising couple of features, walking in station is a bit meh.

God Said "Come Forth and receive eternal life!" I came fifth and won a toaster!

Xander Riggs
Slamtown Federation
#5 - 2011-09-13 08:13:31 UTC
Forum is fine, Monacle gate was overreacting fearmongering, and captains quarters is the first step of station walking. Literally, they said that it's a taste. A baby step.

Dealwithit.jpg

"A man with a drone-boat has nothing but time on his hands."

Mocam
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2011-09-13 08:23:28 UTC
There's a post around here that has some alternate "skins" for the forum that might help you - many of us like it but some have issues with how it looks/works. Check for it.

The monacle thing - how it ended up with a stupid "I can't afford" focus vs how many of us saw it ... They got the message but pretty much replied "we'll do what we want" so it's back to 'wait and see'.

CQ? meh... biggest gripe I have is that it won't leave me where I want to stand out in the entrance facing an easy to render view. It always puts me in the CQ main room with mass "visual" clutter. That and I both liked and found useful the "ship spinning" view.
Alxea
Unstable Pirate Sharks Of The Damed Sea
#7 - 2011-09-13 08:59:47 UTC
I don't see anything wrong with eve. And I don't mind waiting for walking in stations. Walking in CQ is just a taste and it is incomplete. Maybe you should get over the fact that it is just a demo of greater things to come. Seeing myself in a game world I think is nice. Specially when I can talk to my friends in a bar and react with emots to them as if I was there with them irl when they are 3000 miles away.

I also think the trophy room will be pretty lol when we can display corpses of all the people we have killed over the years in a room full of test tubes out of a resident evil movie. I think you should totally get over it. Like really betchin about a feature you can turn off?! *Rolls Eyes* Also the forums are cooler then ever! Nothing wrong with eve gate, that will allow us to change skills without even logging into eve hello did your brain just ice over. If you don't like the game you can let the door hit you on the way out. Nobody is stopping you from going. lol
HaxTis
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2011-09-13 09:58:22 UTC
This thread again has been done 1000000000 times over so i willpost here to help you feel like you matter to us.
the things youve listed arent even whats wrong with the game. CQ is fine and if you dont like turn it off no biggie. in fact i find it to be a welcome change to the same stuff i staired at for over 6 years. monoclegate as you claim.... well i wont even bother as it seems you just want to complain. the thing with eve is it isnt broken dying or for that matter in that bad of shape. it does have things wrong. i would be the first to admit that but when you think of what they are trying to do here, there is always going to have things that need work. so what i would suggest is learn to accept eve for what it is or quit. posting emo threads make you look bad. and as you know in eve no one needs a reason to look bad.