These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Market Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Project TORTUGA

Author
Alice Vorpalis
Heritage Protection Initiative
#1 - 2014-10-04 22:13:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Alice Vorpalis
o/

Project TORTUGA is an attempt to create a dynamic market in Curse.

The main hub will be
http://evemaps.dotlan.net/station/HLW-HP_III_-_Moon_3_-_Archangels_Assembly_Plant

My plan is to seed items there that will be useful for all sorts of pvp and pve activities. I will also try to bring some mining supplies to the hub and set up buy orders for minerals and ice products, maybe also for PI commodities and NPC loot.

The whole project will grow slowly, I will increase the amount of buy and sell orders in time.
I haven't really started out yet, at the moment I'm preparing my logistics, analyze the current market situation and move jump clones around... .

Why am I posting this?

-If you live in the area and there are items that you need on a regular basis, please let me know, I will try to seed them on the markets.

-If you have goods in the region and want to sell them, feel free to contact me.

-If you have any suggestions, ideas or contributions to this project, fire ahead!

-If you are interested and want to get in touch or just chat about the project, join my ingame channel
"Project TORTUGA - The market in Curse"

o7
Alice
Elizabeth Norn
Nornir Research
Nornir Empire
#2 - 2014-10-05 00:19:11 UTC
You say you're preparing the logistics, but have you read about the changes to jump drives that are being discussed at the moment?
Christopher Mabata
Northern Accounts and Systems
#3 - 2014-10-05 01:58:06 UTC
ITS A TRAP

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

Alice Vorpalis
#4 - 2014-10-06 19:58:43 UTC
o/
Elizabeth, Christopher,

Yes I am aware of the latest devblog. With those changes, small hubs and markets in NPC null will boom imho.
I think that Phoebe will create a more regional market, especially with the expected changes after the jump drive update.
It will be a rokh solid venture to invest in 0.0 markets!

o7
Christopher Mabata
Northern Accounts and Systems
#5 - 2014-10-06 21:01:50 UTC
Alice Vorpalis wrote:
o/
Elizabeth, Christopher,

Yes I am aware of the latest devblog. With those changes, small hubs and markets in NPC null will boom imho.
I think that Phoebe will create a more regional market, especially with the expected changes after the jump drive update.
It will be a rokh solid venture to invest in 0.0 markets!

o7

HEY THATS MY JOKE! GIVE IT BACK

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

flakeys
Doomheim
#6 - 2014-10-07 13:03:03 UTC
Should talk to Aaron , he'd LOVE it Blink

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Jace Sarice
#7 - 2014-10-08 23:49:32 UTC
Become aware of the fleet doctrines of the major alliances in the region. That will dictate a significant amount of what you initially seed.
Alice Vorpalis
#8 - 2014-10-09 14:04:56 UTC
UPDATE:

110 different items on the market in HLW-HP as of today.
The overall value is over 1,5 B ISK, most of the items are versatile pvp mods plus consumables.

o7
Alice
Princess Honneamise
#9 - 2014-10-09 14:19:04 UTC
i suggest you to chenge the project name, cause this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NDBbt2yBII its not ended well...

fly safe

EVE MOONS PROJECT

http://eve-moons.com

The EVE MOONS PROJECT is the most complete and accurate moons database for Eve Online

Alice Vorpalis
#10 - 2014-10-14 22:56:59 UTC
Update:

130 sell orders in HLW-HP now,
more than two B ISK in modules, consumables, POS fuel, etc...

o7
Alice
PhantomMajor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2014-10-25 04:29:47 UTC
I think realistically you might have a struggle on your hands as H-ADOC is only a few jumps away and it had a reasonably good market when I was there a while ago but I wish you all the best with your endeavour; afterall even pirates have to go shopping now and againP
Alice Vorpalis
#12 - 2014-11-30 12:23:19 UTC
Update:
New items worth ca. 3,5 B ISK will arrive this weekend, among them ships, modules, consumables etc.

Cya in HLW-HP
Alice Vorpalis
#13 - 2014-12-03 21:49:13 UTC
Project TORTUGA has reached a new level:
There are over 9 B ISK in modules, ships, consumables etc. on the market in HLW-HP now. Over 220 active sell orders.

Need anything else? Let me know!
Alice Vorpalis
#14 - 2014-12-03 21:53:59 UTC
PhantomMajor wrote:
I think realistically you might have a struggle on your hands as H-ADOC is only a few jumps away and it had a reasonably good market when I was there a while ago but I wish you all the best with your endeavour; afterall even pirates have to go shopping now and againP

You are right, the market there is well stocked, but the prices are very high for many items. And as far as I can tell, HLW-HP is more of crossroads, while H-ADOC is a typical mission hub market.
Toad The Hitchhiker
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#15 - 2014-12-03 23:40:50 UTC
Having been personally part of the last great thing called "Tortuga" in this game... I can only assume this will end in equal level of fail. Roll
Alice Vorpalis
#16 - 2014-12-24 12:38:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Alice Vorpalis
The project will come to an end very soon.
Everything has been running smoothly and I made a nice bit of profit. But I am switching my focus from trading to manufacturing and will therefore spend more time in highsec and lowsec.

I thank all of my customers for the good experience, especially the PL pilots who happened to be very active in the Region over the last months.

o7
Alice