These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Virus Strength

Author
Ryac Sampaio
Gladiators of Rage
The Initiative.
#1 - 2014-10-22 23:25:03 UTC
Hi,

In some of the harder data sites I'm finding that I'm blowing up the more profitable cans more often than I'd like ... I'm flying a Helios with T2 Analyzers.

Are there any others ways in which I can increase my Virus strength?

Thanks in advance.

Ryac.
Paranoid Loyd
#2 - 2014-10-23 00:21:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Emission Scope Sampler I & II

Poteque 'Prospector' Archaeology AC-905'
Poteque 'Prospector' Environmental Analysis EY-1005'

Hacking

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2014-10-23 02:35:47 UTC
Or the Echelon with Purloined Sansha Codebreakers.

Best hack ship in game but totally cr@p at everything else.
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2014-10-23 06:14:01 UTC
No, there are no modules, implants or rigs to increase virus strength. Just the hacking module and the hull.

I'm my own NPC alt.

Jeremiah Saken
The Fall of Leviathan
#5 - 2014-10-23 06:18:00 UTC
Ryac Sampaio wrote:
Hi,

In some of the harder data sites I'm finding that I'm blowing up the more profitable cans more often than I'd like ... I'm flying a Helios with T2 Analyzers.

Are there any others ways in which I can increase my Virus strength?

Thanks in advance.

Ryac.

You have max virus strength (hull+hacking module). Try rigs and implants for more coherence.
If you struggle with hacking try not uncover data caches on your way. Most of the time they would be defensive nodes. Also most of the time system cores are on the opposite side of system entry.

"I am tormented with an everlasting itch for things remote. I love to sail forbidden seas..." - Herman Melville

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2014-10-25 16:24:04 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
Or the Echelon with Purloined Sansha Codebreakers.

Best hack ship in game but totally cr@p at everything else.

Purloined Sansha Data Analyzer.

Too bad it can only be fitted on the Echelon ship which only has 1 medium slot..



DMC
Beness
Vojtech Fekete
#7 - 2014-10-27 16:22:33 UTC
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Purloined Sansha Data Analyzer.

Too bad it can only be fitted on the Echelon ship which only has 1 medium slot..


Are either of these being spawned into the game anymore? Pretty sure the Echelon was a one-and-done situation, right?
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2014-10-27 23:38:10 UTC
Beness wrote:
DeMichael Crimson wrote:
Purloined Sansha Data Analyzer.

Too bad it can only be fitted on the Echelon ship which only has 1 medium slot..


Are either of these being spawned into the game anymore? Pretty sure the Echelon was a one-and-done situation, right?



yah - but there were an awful lot of them spawned so they are cheap to buy. Dodi currently has 100 or more on sale for around the 5 mill mark for example.

The main issue is the Echelon is not good (as in totally useless) as a solo ship. it is really more a fleet option but aside from WHs fleet exploration is uncommon. Solo - unless your in your home system/WH you would need to carry it in a maintenance bay or fly it in with an alt.
Beness
Vojtech Fekete
#9 - 2014-10-28 02:10:25 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
yah - but there were an awful lot of them spawned so they are cheap to buy. Dodi currently has 100 or more on sale for around the 5 mill mark for example.

The main issue is the Echelon is not good (as in totally useless) as a solo ship. it is really more a fleet option but aside from WHs fleet exploration is uncommon. Solo - unless your in your home system/WH you would need to carry it in a maintenance bay or fly it in with an alt.

Cool, thx!
Noferatu
Perkone
Caldari State
#10 - 2014-10-28 20:24:15 UTC
You can't improve Virus Strength with mods or rigs, but you can improve Virus Coherence which helps greatly against in protracted 3-4 hack attacks against higher difficulty nodes (especially the Virus Suppressor and Firewall nodes).

It helps to think of Virus Coherence as "Virus hitpoints" - ie. your tank. Whereas Virus Strength is you dps output.

For more Virus Coherence (tank) :

Emission Scope Sharpener rig (for Relic Analyzer)

Memetic Algorithm Bank rig (for Data Analyzer)

Unfortunately these rigs have very high calibration costs; 200 for T1 and 300 for T2. So it pays to focus on one type of site and fit appropriately.