These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Humble request to revisit warp speeds for BS / BC's

First post First post
Author
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#21 - 2014-10-22 05:51:55 UTC
CCP have admitted BC's & BS are in a bad position in the meta atm.
But aren't likely to increase their speed to put them back in a decent spot. More likely to hit other solutions (Like BS EHP climbing a lot to bridge the cap between sub cap & cap, rather than being barely higher than Cruisers)
James Baboli
Warp to Pharmacy
#22 - 2014-10-22 05:52:30 UTC
King Fu Hostile wrote:
Even if they warped faster, they would still be useless on roams.

BC and BS rebalancing was a catastrophic failure.

I'm not so sure about this. If you manage to get these wonderful pieces of concentrated combat power into a fight with a reasonable tackle group already on field, they will cut down most opposition in short order. Now, if you want to kite or try to roam without tackle, then you deserve what you get.

Talking more,

Flying crazier,

And drinking more

Making battleships worth the warp

James Baboli
Warp to Pharmacy
#23 - 2014-10-22 05:53:25 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
King Fu Hostile wrote:

That simply isnt true. My cynable mega for example will keep up with the cruisers while sporting ample tank and the full firepower of a blaster mega and the ability to apply it.

Rigs and Implants only? or are you willing to share this setup with us?

Talking more,

Flying crazier,

And drinking more

James Baboli
Warp to Pharmacy
#24 - 2014-10-22 06:01:02 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
But aren't likely to increase their speed to put them back in a decent spot. More likely to hit other solutions (Like BS EHP climbing a lot to bridge the cap between sub cap & cap, rather than being barely higher than Cruisers)

Combat battlecruisers have very little which sets them apart from standard cruisers other than being slower and a bit heavier. They also break from the niche of a true battlecruiser by running medium sized guns. There is not a good parallel to these cruisers, as the current "cruisers" are mostly built around the sort of gank/tank/speed balance expected of heavy cruisers IRL, which means that combat battlecruisers don't have a niche that has been defined and gamed out by the wonderful community of real military folks and wargamers.

Attack battlecruisers are in a much better place, being able to run from anything that can out gun them, put on a decent tank (not great, but not something most cruisers can alpha in small gang) and having WHOOPING DPS for their size and investment. They are so far skewed towards aggressive power projection that they would be the face of it if people would just get over the fact they can't run slaves with them.

(Battlecruisers came about IRL because there was a limit on the number of actual battleships different groups were allowed to build and get into action, thus started the practice of putting a battery of battleship guns on hulls with displacement in the range defined as cruiser class, leading to the "battle cruiser" as a tool of aggressive power projection)

Talking more,

Flying crazier,

And drinking more

Tabyll Altol
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2014-10-22 06:05:18 UTC
-.- again such an thread guys please use the search funktion and if there a thread in the last 2 weeks. Please donĀ“t write a new one.

Battleships are large ships which suppose to be slow and slow does not mean 3 AU. The target of the warpspeed rebalance was to make big ships slower and little frigs faster.

not supported

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#26 - 2014-10-22 06:07:25 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

They need work.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#27 - 2014-10-22 06:21:51 UTC
James Baboli wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
King Fu Hostile wrote:

That simply isnt true. My cynable mega for example will keep up with the cruisers while sporting ample tank and the full firepower of a blaster mega and the ability to apply it.

At work so not for a while. The fit is likely floating around the internet somewhere.
James Baboli
Warp to Pharmacy
#28 - 2014-10-22 06:31:31 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
James Baboli wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
King Fu Hostile wrote:

At work so not for a while. The fit is likely floating around the internet somewhere.

roger, will GIMGDS then, but it does not show up in your losses on battleclinic.

Talking more,

Flying crazier,

And drinking more

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#29 - 2014-10-22 06:33:22 UTC
James Baboli wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
James Baboli wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
King Fu Hostile wrote:

roger, will GIMGDS then, but it does not show up in your losses on battleclinic.

Im not sure I have ever lost one to be honest.
James Baboli
Warp to Pharmacy
#30 - 2014-10-22 06:35:16 UTC
baltec1 wrote:

Well, there goes the easy way to find it.

Talking more,

Flying crazier,

And drinking more

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#31 - 2014-10-22 08:37:34 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
James Baboli wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Well, there goes the easy way to find it.

Off the top of my head its blasters, MWD, cap booster, 2x sheild tank mods (buffer), 3x damage mods, 2x nano rest tracking. rigs are 1x warp and 2x tank. Basic cruiser fit. Oh and a suitcase. Adapt to the fleets needs from there.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#32 - 2014-10-22 08:55:32 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
...Off the top of my head its blasters, MWD, cap booster, 2x sheild tank mods (buffer), 3x damage mods, 2x nano rest tracking. rigs are 1x warp and 2x tank. Basic cruiser fit. Oh and a suitcase. Adapt to the fleets needs from there.

I almost hate to brake it to you,

but even if it escapes your mind, there are folks in New Eden that do not need some fleet to go on a roam. They do it for the same reason I like to do it, because it is hard.

It is also very unforgiving and will go south 99% of the time but being able to make another players ship explode on your own is much more rewarding than waiting for someone to tell how to fly boat, press zee f1, win

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

King Fu Hostile
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#33 - 2014-10-22 08:58:43 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
King Fu Hostile wrote:

Whatever works in your sov blobs is not relevant in discussion about PVP.

Like said, even if you make a BS or BC warp fast, there are no reasons to use them over cruiser hulls.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#34 - 2014-10-22 09:05:49 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:

Maybe warping around is not quite the issue with those ships.

I think it has more to do with a 250 million boat that get's to explode because a 2 million boat looked at it funny and your 250 million boat couldn't do a damn thing about it.

Nothing again new players and stuff, we were all new players once upon a time but aren't battleships supposed to be the top of the supcaital foot-chain and not the stepchild.

Maybe I am off a little but if I by a boat for 250 million I can expect to outperform a 2 million boat and not have it slow go boom by some insect on the windshield.

It's great and all for the new players and funny for the kids and stuff but maybe the grownups would like to do things too.

Maybe it is time to put battleships back to a place they are respected again.

You wanna fight a battleships with your 10 frigates, okay let's have it but do not expect that half of your fleet will not make it back to where you came from.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#35 - 2014-10-22 09:42:28 UTC
elitatwo wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
...Off the top of my head its blasters, MWD, cap booster, 2x sheild tank mods (buffer), 3x damage mods, 2x nano rest tracking. rigs are 1x warp and 2x tank. Basic cruiser fit. Oh and a suitcase. Adapt to the fleets needs from there.

I almost hate to brake it to you,

but even if it escapes your mind, there are folks in New Eden that do not need some fleet to go on a roam. They do it for the same reason I like to do it, because it is hard.

It is also very unforgiving and will go south 99% of the time but being able to make another players ship explode on your own is much more rewarding than waiting for someone to tell how to fly boat, press zee f1, win

That line of argument doest work on me. You may want to look up exactly why it is that the CFC megathron fleet got called baltec fleet. The above fit gets used in small to min sized roaming gangs, not strat ops.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#36 - 2014-10-22 10:20:07 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
...That line of argument doest work on me. You may want to look up exactly why it is that the CFC megathron fleet got called baltec fleet. The above fit gets used in small to min sized roaming gangs, not strat ops.

That wasn't the point.

The point is that no battleship can handle even one of the frigates we have now and when I was little the sight of a battleship was enough to make people run in fear.

Now it takes one frigate (with tons of ammo) to kill a battleship (that isnt a Vindicator).

Does this look right to you?

The point is that a battleship (that is not a Vindicator) that jumps into a 30 man frigate gang isn't really supposed to go down in flames without being able to murder at least 12 of them before it goes down.

I am aware of the kitey-meta that is going on right now and that's all fine but I expect some level of thread from a battleship.

Or we ask CCP to make a small change in the database to change the name of the shipclass - "to-be-ganked-by-frigate-boat-class"

Which one would you prefer?

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#37 - 2014-10-22 10:39:37 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
elitatwo wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
...That line of argument doest work on me. You may want to look up exactly why it is that the CFC megathron fleet got called baltec fleet. The above fit gets used in small to min sized roaming gangs, not strat ops.

That wasn't the point.

The point is that no battleship can handle even one of the frigates we have now and when I was little the sight of a battleship was enough to make people run in fear.

Now it takes one frigate (with tons of ammo) to kill a battleship (that isnt a Vindicator).

Does this look right to you?

The point is that a battleship (that is not a Vindicator) that jumps into a 30 man frigate gang isn't really supposed to go down in flames without being able to murder at least 12 of them before it goes down.

I am aware of the kitey-meta that is going on right now and that's all fine but I expect some level of thread from a battleship.

Or we ask CCP to make a small change in the database to change the name of the shipclass - "to-be-ganked-by-frigate-boat-class"

Which one would you prefer?

Id use a raven, phoon or a geddon. Rattle if you want to rip them apart like a wet paper bag.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#38 - 2014-10-22 11:36:41 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
-snip-

Id use a raven, phoon or a geddon. Rattle if you want to rip them apart like a wet paper bag.

The first three I can agree but would you go take out a Hyperion on a roam?

Don't get me wrong, I love the Rattlesnake but taking one of these out on a roam and getting your 500 million ship get blown up by 25 Condors still doesn't feel right.

Even if you manage to poke some of them.

But back to the matter at hand, the shipclasses being the stepchildren of ships right now.

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#39 - 2014-10-22 11:42:21 UTC  |  Edited by: baltec1
elitatwo wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
-snip-

The first three I can agree but would you go take out a Hyperion on a roam?

Don't get me wrong, I love the Rattlesnake but taking one of these out on a roam and getting your 500 million ship get blown up by 25 Condors still doesn't feel right.

Even if you manage to poke some of them.

But back to the matter at hand, the shipclasses being the stepchildren of ships right now.

I own a hyperion, it is a good ship for small gangs for both shield and armour. As for the rattle, its one of the most deadly anti support ships in EVE. That damage bonus applies to every missile type and ship cost means nothing to the way they are balanced and never should.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#40 - 2014-10-22 11:58:22 UTC
Thank you Baltec, saviour of lolsec for another example of what not to do in a thread that is not about you.

The thread is still about battlecruisers and battleships being not worth undocking.