These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Clone Vat Bay Overhaul

Author
Odelll
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2014-10-21 16:12:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Odelll
Allow groups to store their current clones in a clone vat bay when logging out of the game. Upon logging back into the game they will be in the same system as the ship they stored their clone in. If that ship is destroyed, then all the clones stored inside are also destroyed.

This change would allow groups within eve more freedom of movement without fears of leaving people behind, it still comes with risk, To be able to be used in this way the ship in question would always be in space and a Titan known to be a Hostile Hive Titan would be a persistent target.

The idea is that a force has the ability to remain whole while maintaining momentum, It would allow for a more nomadic lifestyle and increase overall player movement. Currently the fear of leaving people behind causes entities to remain fixed to a single staging point, this change could see whole alliances roaming the depths of space.
Syrias Bizniz
some random local shitlords
#2 - 2014-10-21 16:16:18 UTC
I like it.

Seems like a good addition for nomadic orientated corps.

FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#3 - 2014-10-21 16:23:06 UTC
I like it!

Now if only i could load a spare clone and all the support equipment (they must be stored in some testtube looking thing surely) and deliver new jumpclones by hand that'd be amazing but ...
Dekyk
Raijin Heavy Industries
#4 - 2014-10-21 16:31:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Dekyk
I am his corpie so my endorsement of this idea will most likely seem biased, but I like it anyway Pirate

Extending the idea: drop the drone bonus off the Rorqual and give it a large ship maintenance bay that can only hold mining ships & haulers, so it can do the same job for indy corps.

-Dek
TheMercenaryKing
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#5 - 2014-10-21 16:57:03 UTC
i would like the ability to store active clone and jump to another.
FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#6 - 2014-10-21 17:00:09 UTC
the rorqual always used to have a giant mining hauler bay, did they take it off?
Odelll
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#7 - 2014-10-21 17:00:42 UTC
TheMercenaryKing wrote:
i would like the ability to store active clone and jump to another.

maybe have a UI that allows you to select an alternative clone to jump to OR trigger a safe logout timer.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#8 - 2014-10-21 19:40:06 UTC
This would be amazing for nomad WH corps
Saisin
Chao3's Rogue Operatives Corp
#9 - 2014-10-21 20:06:24 UTC
+1

That plus a T2 orca that can morph into a small pos would really breath life to nomadic eve life style!

Vote Borat Guereen for CSM XII

Check out the Minarchist Space Project

Alundil
Rolled Out
#10 - 2014-10-21 20:15:56 UTC
It's a good idea and one that has been suggested many times over the years (including myself). I like it.

I'm right behind you

Kenny Drein
Big Shadows
The Initiative.
#11 - 2014-10-21 21:12:33 UTC
Dekyk wrote:
I am his corpie so my endorsement of this idea will most likely seem biased.

Indeed it is, quite amazing you can endorse him despite knowing him. Kudos for seeing this (awesome) idea with neutrality!

I approve of this service and/or product.
Christopher Mabata
Northern Accounts and Systems
#12 - 2014-10-21 23:30:12 UTC
Not a bad idea, reminds me of the cylon resurrection ships from BSG

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#13 - 2014-10-22 01:25:58 UTC
Christopher Mabata wrote:

Hehe.. Big smile

I said that once in a general discussion thread. We are all cylons and when podded we wake up at out chosen resurrection hub.

But back to topic,
maybe we could get an anchorable module for a POS to put a clone-bay in?

Just a small one for like 20 clones for a large tower, 15 for a medium and 10 or less for a small tower.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

Christopher Mabata
Northern Accounts and Systems
#14 - 2014-10-22 01:32:36 UTC
elitatwo wrote:

Hehe.. Big smile

I said that once in a general discussion thread. We are all cylons and when podded we wake up at out chosen resurrection hub.

But back to topic,
maybe we could get an anchorable module for a POS to put a clone-bay in?

Just a small one for like 20 clones for a large tower, 15 for a medium and 10 or less for a small tower.

CCP said they wont do a POS module a while back because there really is no need for it, though that was pre phoebe deathclone nerf when you could get anywhere in less than a second by deathcloning. Perhaps maybe now is the time for a POS mod that does this, though granted that further devalues titans and rorquals as a whole once again

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#15 - 2014-10-22 01:38:32 UTC
The Thukkers can be nomadic; why can't we? Especially with CCP ramping up towards those mysterious player-owned stargates with who-knows-what on the other side of them.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#16 - 2014-10-22 01:58:18 UTC
CCP said they wont do a POS module a while back because there really is no need for it, though that was pre phoebe deathclone nerf when you could get anywhere in less than a second by deathcloning. Perhaps maybe now is the time for a POS mod that does this, though granted that further devalues titans and rorquals as a whole once again

Oh man.. Sad

I just thought it would be a nice thing to have if you happen to live... no that doesn't sound right! ...if you do not happen to know where you live and no super-cap can ever go..

Now that sounds better

Odelll
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2014-10-22 08:04:48 UTC
tbh I wasn't even thinking wormholes, maybe a deploy-able that has a cloaking field when fully deployed that can also store a limited number of ships and items. A mini-station deploy-able that can be piloted to be moved.

I was trying to keep it to a simple change for CCP however, simply changing the existing clone vat bay would be much easier for them.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#18 - 2014-10-22 08:48:13 UTC
Odelll wrote:
tbh I wasn't even thinking wormholes, maybe a deploy-able that has a cloaking field when fully deployed that can also store a limited number of ships and items. A mini-station deploy-able that can be piloted to be moved.

I was trying to keep it to a simple change for CCP however, simply changing the existing clone vat bay would be much easier for them.

Sorry dear,

it hit my mind when I read this and I believe that at least some people that disappeard to somewhere would like to have one of these.

Odelll
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#19 - 2014-10-22 19:37:44 UTC
I... I've read the above post multiple times and it's getting more confusing each time I try and understand what it means xD