These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Have Exploration Sites Been Nerfed?

Author
Nathan Ormande
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2014-10-18 16:21:07 UTC
Before last patch I was getting maybe 30-50m per site in Null Sec For Relic and Data.
But now im commonly getting like 2 Carbon in a can that had a Red 90hp System Core?

Anyone Know Why?
WILLY TROPICAL
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#2 - 2014-10-18 17:26:35 UTC
I'm experiencing the same since the last patch but i don't know if i'm having bad luck or what. Who knows.
Ayeshah Volfield
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2014-10-18 21:05:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Ayeshah Volfield
Loot spew was removed and loot table had to be readjusted (nerfed).

EVE is what happens when the rule of law does not apply and Darwinism is allowed to run freely.

Pablo Lavate
getyourrocks Corp
#4 - 2014-10-18 23:39:58 UTC
Did a data site yesterday and got an escalation from it. The actual Data site had crap in it but the escalation made my day :)

60 run BPC for Augmented Ogres and 60 run Augmented Hammerheads.

nahjustwarpin
SUPER DUPER SPACE TRUCKS
#5 - 2014-10-19 01:13:06 UTC
CCP has removed loot spew. now you get a can. they adjusted loot to compensate, but in my experience instead of reducing by 25% they just give 25% of old loot. now i get about 10 mil per relic in nullsec.
Noferatu
Perkone
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-10-20 00:31:19 UTC
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2014-10-20 02:27:36 UTC
Pablo Lavate wrote:
Did a data site yesterday and got an escalation from it. The actual Data site had crap in it but the escalation made my day :)

60 run BPC for Augmented Ogres and 60 run Augmented Hammerheads.


Huh, didn't know that you can get an escalation from a Data/relic site, how does it work, do you need a combat ship for that?

I'm my own NPC alt.

Energetic Monk
Wayforward Emergent Technologies
#8 - 2014-10-20 05:19:42 UTC
Tipa Riot wrote:
Pablo Lavate wrote:
Did a data site yesterday and got an escalation from it. The actual Data site had crap in it but the escalation made my day :)

60 run BPC for Augmented Ogres and 60 run Augmented Hammerheads.


Huh, didn't know that you can get an escalation from a Data/relic site, how does it work, do you need a combat ship for that?

Since CCP removed any NPC danger in Data/Relic sites, I'm almost sure that you can use any T1 probing capable frig.
And with the cargo scanner ( who at CCP came up with that brilliant idea! ) your exploration is almost over, before you start using tools that was supposed to reveal what's in the cans.
Beness
Vojtech Fekete
#9 - 2014-10-20 16:09:40 UTC
Tipa Riot wrote:
Pablo Lavate wrote:
Did a data site yesterday and got an escalation from it. The actual Data site had crap in it but the escalation made my day :)

60 run BPC for Augmented Ogres and 60 run Augmented Hammerheads.


Huh, didn't know that you can get an escalation from a Data/relic site, how does it work, do you need a combat ship for that?


Hi twin,

I've done hundreds of high-sec Data/Relic sites and never gotten an escalation. This may be something unique to null. Scanning the wiki with Google, however, suggests that it's exclusively Combat sites that escalate.
Ikonia
Royal Amarr Expeditions
#10 - 2014-10-20 16:47:12 UTC
Pablo Lavate wrote:
Did a data site yesterday and got an escalation from it. The actual Data site had crap in it but the escalation made my day :)

60 run BPC for Augmented Ogres and 60 run Augmented Hammerheads.



Then and when something comes up that has been unrevealed or simply never been announced. I never had any expedition from any data or relic site, not in highsec, lowsec, nullsec or wormhole space.

But on expeditions many things still are more gossip, rumor or mystery.

- I had the luck to find a Faction ship BPC in a data site. Happened exactly one time, never again since. Ive been told a thousand times, this is impossible.
- I have received escalations from expeditions, not mentioned anywhere in the WWW by their name like e.g. "True Intentions" which came up in the forelast site of the expedition "True Power Shipyards" when i killed the faction spawn of the appearing battle fleet 25 mins after the kill of last NPC. I had it exactly one time, never again since. Ive been told a thousand times, that those are not existing.
- ive been told by top explorers that you can solve expeditions in many different ways sometimes, assuming that you have the correct requirements fullfilled like e.g. solving the "True Power Shipyards" expedition site with the 300 Afterburners while having the correct faction for Sansha and/or also completed certain requirements before.

The problem i see on solving those is their rare appearance. There are so many IFs on the path:

If you find a Sansha Vigil.
If you have a faction spawn in it.
If you have the luck to receive the expedition.
If you have the luck to have a faction spawn or alternate trigger in expedition site 1 or
If you have to go alternate solution path (if you have 300 Afterburners, if you have correct faction, if you have completed prerequisties ....)
If you have the luck to have a faction spawn or alternate trigger in expedition site 2.
If you have the luck to have a faction spawn or alternate trigger in expedition site 3.
If you have to go alternate solution path and wait for battlefleet.
If you have the luck to have a faction spawn in battlefleet.
If you have the luck it triggers the escalation.
and then many more If on those paths.

Simple maths. If you have like a lets say 10% chance on all Ifs then you have like a 10% chance on a 10% chance for a 10% chance to get the first trigger to second expedition site - thats 0.1 % once you have found one Vigil sig. Yes of course this is not high level mathematics, and like in all games depending on luck the 10% is everytime calculated from start on in every site, so the true probability number is a bit higher. Never the less - on step 7 the chance to get forward equals 0. And according to 24 vigils since 1st of August i only could play 2 until they ended in site 4.

I have to admit that it is also possible, that if you dont get any trigger pop up by just running the site as it obviously is believed to be correctly done - fly in, kill, loot and hope for trigger - you d have to solve it alternately. But why and how and when, and how to recognize that you have to beside of the missing pop up .. this is still some kind of mystery.

Also many dont even know about expeditions, and if they are rare, or common or special or whateer. Most i met simply fly in and kill brainless everything flying around. While i know about half a dozen alternate solutions for alone highsec sigs. But none of them is easy to find, or easy to make. In fact maybe most of the sig runners dont want to solve it more complicated than it is and thats why the fly in just shoot everything, leaving the alternate options out on purpose cause not worth the time effort and results.
Pablo Lavate
getyourrocks Corp
#11 - 2014-10-21 00:21:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Pablo Lavate
Tipa Riot wrote:
Pablo Lavate wrote:
Did a data site yesterday and got an escalation from it. The actual Data site had crap in it but the escalation made my day :)

60 run BPC for Augmented Ogres and 60 run Augmented Hammerheads.


Huh, didn't know that you can get an escalation from a Data/relic site, how does it work, do you need a combat ship for that?




It surprised me also. I hacked all the cans with loot in it and started hacking the one that was empty ( I like closing out the signatures ) failed about 10 times and all of a sudden it popped up with a, I guess you can call it a escalation.

It was just another data site but had better loot. The hacks were very easy which surprised me. I can't recall the name of it.

In drone region you only have data sites and if you fail a hack it will spawn 2-3 frigate drones. easy to kill with T2 drones.

I may never see another one but I can tell you this, that was a 3 billion isk find ( if you make the Augmented Drones) that all explorers in eve look for.
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2014-10-21 03:29:58 UTC
Pablo Lavate wrote:
Tipa Riot wrote:
Pablo Lavate wrote:
Did a data site yesterday and got an escalation from it. The actual Data site had crap in it but the escalation made my day :)

60 run BPC for Augmented Ogres and 60 run Augmented Hammerheads.


Huh, didn't know that you can get an escalation from a Data/relic site, how does it work, do you need a combat ship for that?




It surprised me also. I hacked all the cans with loot in it and started hacking the one that was empty ( I like closing out the signatures ) failed about 10 times and all of a sudden it popped up with a, I guess you can call it a escalation.

It was just another data site but had better loot. The hacks were very easy which surprised me. I can't recall the name of it.

In drone region you only have data sites and if you fail a hack it will spawn 2-3 frigate drones. easy to kill with T2 drones.

I may never see another one but I can tell you this, that was a 3 billion isk find ( if you make the Augmented Drones) that all explorers in eve look for.

Interesting, probably a very rare event and only for those ofc who bother to complete a site. Wonder if blowing up the final can would have triggered the escalation ...

I'm my own NPC alt.

Ikonia
Royal Amarr Expeditions
#13 - 2014-10-21 11:45:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Ikonia
Pablo Lavate wrote:
Tipa Riot wrote:
Pablo Lavate wrote:
Did a data site yesterday and got an escalation from it. The actual Data site had crap in it but the escalation made my day :)

60 run BPC for Augmented Ogres and 60 run Augmented Hammerheads.


Huh, didn't know that you can get an escalation from a Data/relic site, how does it work, do you need a combat ship for that?




It surprised me also. I hacked all the cans with loot in it and started hacking the one that was empty ( I like closing out the signatures ) failed about 10 times and all of a sudden it popped up with a, I guess you can call it a escalation.

It was just another data site but had better loot. The hacks were very easy which surprised me. I can't recall the name of it.

In drone region you only have data sites and if you fail a hack it will spawn 2-3 frigate drones. easy to kill with T2 drones.

I may never see another one but I can tell you this, that was a 3 billion isk find ( if you make the Augmented Drones) that all explorers in eve look for.


Hm. Sounds a bit out of today to me. I have to admit i havent been in Drone region often lately, except when the patch with increased droprate for drone chips was published - like everyone i was hoping for a nestor chip. My experience with that regions is more or less that i only find combat sigs and drone combat anos as well as mining anos - data and relics i havent managed to find at all.

What im wondering is that you say that rats spawn on a fail and that you can fail or that you failed 10 times to hack.

- I havent experienced rats spawning on a fail since ... wow .. that must be like 3 or 4 years? As far as i know this has been removed long ago. The only data and relic sites with rats in it are yet to be found in wormhole space. Am i wrong?

- Usually the can explodes when you fail the second time, that involves all kind of interrupts to the hacking minigame: be it simple fail, leaving range (6000 m) for operation or cloak up before having found the core.

With all respect, now there are only 4 options left.
1.) You are hoaxing us.
2.) It is a fail mechanic or a bug.
3.) it is really so rare, that it hasnt been published at all.
4.) It is so new and rare that you are one of the first to discover it.
Rockerguy 101
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#14 - 2014-10-21 14:00:10 UTC
I'm currently passing through drone regions. Looking for data sites while I'm here and found 1 in about 20 jumps. The site is different than what I am used to, there were only 3 cans. They dropped drone parts and a drone bpc, rather than usual data stuff. The bpc I got was worth about 4 mil so not sure which one would be worth hundreds of millions or a billion. I suppose those are only found in an escalation (assuming those exist)? I've had other explorers tell me they have had rats spawn on them in exploration sites before. I straight up told them I didn't believe them. It seems more likely now they were right and they must have been running a data site in drone region space. I've got a handful of jumps to go then I will be out of drone space for a while, but if I find another data site I will fail the last can and see what happens.

Explorer  |  Ghost | Caldari Militia

Pablo Lavate
getyourrocks Corp
#15 - 2014-10-21 21:11:26 UTC
The Expedition from the data site is what gave me the Expensive BPC's. Maybe rats spawning is just in drone region. The only ones I ever fail are the empty cans. It seems those are pretty hard for me at least.

The data sites I have done here are easy and most explorers just cherry pick and move on. That may be the reason why you have not got any feed back on rats spawning.
Shadoron Criste
The Comet Society
The Comet Alliance
#16 - 2014-10-22 03:39:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Shadoron Criste
I was actually going to make a topic about the drone region data sites, since they are quite a bit different than the rest of New Eden. I ended up not posting it yet, simply because of the upcoming changes to Data sites in Phoebe. However, since people are asking questions... here's a quick summary of what I found:

Each region of drone space only drops one race's particular set of drone BPCs.

Malpais - Caldari
Oasa - Caldari
Kalevala Expanse - Minmatar
Etherium Reach - Gallente
Cobalt Edge - Amarr
Outer Passage - Amarr
Perrigen Falls - Gallente
The Spire - Minmatar

I did roughly 100 sites over the course of 3 weeks, and this held up.

Cans typically drop drone parts and Integrated BPCs.

Etherium Reach was the only region I found Augmented BPC's in. I ended up with 2 Hammerhead and 2 Hobgoblin total. The reason I bring this up, is because drone data sites are the only ones to escalate. There's a video link on Reddit of some guy escalating a site, and ending up with a couple bil worth of Augmented BPC's (similar to the poster above). I unfortunately didn't know about this until I was almost done researching, so I never actually had a site do this. The important piece of info to take away from this, is that Etherium Reach data sites seem to be the only ones to drop Aug BPCs without an escalation. All the sites I did in the other regions never dropped any. I originally went out to the drone regions to score a couple Aug Valkryie BPCs to use with my Gila (wanted to try them out after the drone changes).. if you've checked the market lately, only Aug Hammerhead and Hobgoblins are available.

My guess is that the loot drops for Aug BPCs aren't working properly. Either Aug BPCs are only supposed to drop from the escalations, and Etherium Reach is borked... or they are supposed to drop everywhere, and only Etherium Reach is working properly. The 4 BPCs I found were 10 run only, the ones from escalations seem to be much higher runs.

The data sites all contain 3 cans. Two High Security Containment Facilities, and one Research and Development Lab. The Lab can is the one that can cause the escalation. I'm guessing the reason most people don't know this, is because the Lab can is usually empty. I say usually, because out of the ~100 sites, two of them actually had loot in them. Both had one Integrated BPC each. Nothing else. If you do a search on the forums, most people say that the Lab cans are always empty, and just don't hack them.

My goal was to post a topic about this, and see if anyone could fill in any blanks or mistakes I may have made. Once that was done, I wanted to submit the info to the Wiki, since there's basically zero info on there about Drone region data sites. Of course, all this could change with Phoebe... so we will see what happens.

Link to the escalation video: http://www.twitch.tv/falnar83/c/4282691

EDIT: And yes, rats do spawn if you fail a hack. I never failed any of the Facility cans, so I'm not sure if they spawn rats too. But the Lab can absolutely does spawn rats when you fail it. It's also significantly harder to hack than the other two, having a "red" core. The spawns were always two drone frigates, at least for me.
Sohl Ni-Zha
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#17 - 2014-10-22 04:24:07 UTC
Shadoron Criste wrote:

Good stuff.


Thanks for sharing!

delivering. drugs.  IG channel: Narcotics

Pablo Lavate
getyourrocks Corp
#18 - 2014-10-22 06:59:33 UTC
Shadoron Criste wrote:
I was actually going to make a topic about the drone region data sites, since they are quite a bit different than the rest of New Eden. I ended up not posting it yet, simply because of the upcoming changes to Data sites in Phoebe. However, since people are asking questions... here's a quick summary of what I found:

Each region of drone space only drops one race's particular drone BPC.

Malpais - Caldari
Oasa - Caldari
Kalevala Expanse - Minmatar
Etherium Reach - Gallente
Cobalt Edge - Amarr
Outer Passage - Amarr
Perrigen Falls - Gallente
The Spire - Minmatar

I did roughly 100 sites over the course of 3 weeks, and this held up.

Cans typically drop drone parts and Integrated BPCs.

Etherium Reach was the only region I found Augmented BPC's in. I ended up with 2 Hammerhead and 2 Hobgoblin total. The reason I bring this up, is because drone data sites are the only ones to escalate. There's a video link on Reddit of some guy escalating a site, and ending up with a couple bil worth of Augmented BPC's (similar to the poster above). I unfortunately didn't know about this until I was almost done researching, so I never actually had a site do this. The important piece of info to take away from this, is that Etherium Reach data sites seem to be the only ones to drop Aug BPCs normally. All the sites I did in the other regions never dropped any. I originally went out to the drone regions to score a couple Aug Valkryie BPCs to use with my Gila (wanted to try them out after the drone changes).. if you've checked the market lately, only Aug Hammerhead and Hobgoblins are available.

My guess is that the loot drops for Aug BPCs aren't working properly. Either Aug BPCs are only supposed to drop from the escalations, and Etherium Reach is borked... or they are supposed to drop everywhere, and only Etherium Reach is working properly. The 4 BPCs I found were 10 run only, the ones from escalations seem to be much higher runs.

The data sites all contain 3 cans. Two High Security Containment Facilities, and one Research and Development Lab. The Lab can is the one that can cause the escalation. I'm guessing the reason most people don't know this, is because the Lab can is usually empty. I say usually, because out of the ~100 sites, two of them actually had loot in them. Both had one Integrated BPC each. Nothing else. If you do a search on the forums, most people say that the Lab cans are always empty, and just don't hack them.

My goal was to post a topic about this, and see if anyone could fill in any blanks or mistakes I may have made. Once that was done, I wanted to submit the info to the Wiki, since there's basically zero info on there about Drone region data sites. Of course, all this could change with Phoebe... so we will see what happens.

Link to the escalation video: http://www.twitch.tv/falnar83/c/4282691

EDIT: And yes, rats do spawn if you fail a hack. I never failed any of the Facility cans, so I'm not sure if they spawn rats too. But the Lab can absolutely does spawn rats when you fail it. It's also significantly harder to hack than the other two, having a "red" core. The spawns were always two drone frigates, at least for me.



Thanks for sharing this info. Maybe these folks will not think i am blowing smoke.
Ikonia
Royal Amarr Expeditions
#19 - 2014-10-22 14:50:24 UTC
In fact it is very interesting. I will investigate about those infos on myself of course.

If you got me wrong, im sorry. Didnt mean you are talking nonsense, it was simply just an option in the whole. And as there are obviously things going on which are rare or even rare and new, this just shows, how far spoilers are behind the actual situation.

Hope we detect more soon :) Good stuff, good work.
Pablo Lavate
getyourrocks Corp
#20 - 2014-10-22 22:30:34 UTC
Ikonia wrote:
In fact it is very interesting. I will investigate about those infos on myself of course.

If you got me wrong, im sorry. Didnt mean you are talking nonsense, it was simply just an option in the whole. And as there are obviously things going on which are rare or even rare and new, this just shows, how far spoilers are behind the actual situation.

Hope we detect more soon :) Good stuff, good work.



I understand why you are skeptical, this is EVE Blink