These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Tech 3 Destroyers coming in RHEA

First post First post
Author
Terranid Meester
Tactical Assault and Recon Unit
#101 - 2014-10-19 17:12:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Terranid Meester
Xuixien wrote:
stuff

I personally think your argument [the one about only having balance only] is garbage and not well thought out.

I believe there is room for T3 destroyers and rebalance of existing tech 3's too. You are just a negative nancy.
Lot of assumptions in this thread.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#102 - 2014-10-19 18:20:19 UTC
Terranid Meester wrote:
Xuixien wrote:
stuff

I personally think your argument [the one about only having balance only] is garbage and not well thought out.

I believe there is room for T3 destroyers and rebalance of existing tech 3's too. You are just a negative nancy.
Lot of assumptions in this thread.

I understand where people are coming from, for YEARS we had CCP adding new stuff while letting existing stuff languish.

But I don't think that applies anymore. CCP has been doign wonderful things the last few years fixing things and rebalancing things (teircide). Truthfully, even for a super conservative type like myself (who prefers the core game be fixed rather than adding new nice looking 'fluff'), these new Tactical Destroyers are good addition, and right on time for a game that does from time to time need something truly 'new'.

If they work out, maybe CCP will get rid of the clunky current Tech 3 cruiser mechanics (which are supposed to be 'versitile' but that aren't because of rigs). These Tac Dessies sound like what Tech3s should have been in the 1st place.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#103 - 2014-10-19 18:41:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
Mag's wrote:
Any link for info on this?

Mags, and anyone else that missed the EVE Vegas Keynote, I am sectioning out the various presentations on my YouTube site for the sake of convenience.

EVE Vegas Playlist

The section where Fozzie discusses the new T3 Tactical Destroyers (and shows concept art) is in the Keynote located here:

EVE Vegas Keynote

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Silverdaddy
Ourapheh Holdings
#104 - 2014-10-19 18:49:55 UTC
Owen Levanth wrote:

Because of their hidden fourth mode: Transforming into a frigate.

This made me LOL so hard...

The problem with slavery is that only half of the manacles are visible. The Holder, supposed master, is equally bound by the gilded chains of privilege and wealth.

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#105 - 2014-10-19 18:53:47 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Mag's wrote:

Mags, and anyone else that missed the EVE Vegas Keynote, I am sectioning out the various presentations on my YouTube site for the sake of convenience.

EVE Online Playlist

The section where Fozzie discusses the new T3 Tactical Destroyers (and shows concept art) is in the Keynote located here:

EVE Vegas Keynote

Thank you ranger.
Opertone
State War Academy
Caldari State
#106 - 2014-10-19 19:10:06 UTC
there is something called cost effectiveness and then man hours required to obtain certain level of quality.

To get a Cruiser fitted for action, you may need 30 mill isk. You can make 30 mill within 3 hours quite comfortably. You can replace the cruiser every 3 hours.

To get a HAC, you may need 300 mill. Aprox. 30 hours, or a week of 5 hour isk making session. You need a whole week to get a new one.

You may need upwards of 1 bill isk to properly fit a tech 3 cruiser. Sleeper tech ship requires that you harvest isk 90 hours, up to 3-4 weeks, 5 hours a day.

Then tech 3 performs marginally better than tech 1, but costs 30 times as much.

It is also extremely easy to loose a tech 3 ship in a PvP situation. TECH 3 becomes super risky, expensive toy, not a tool.

STOP complaining. Tech 3 is balanced. And do not bot for ISK. Then it will be alright. Also getting cheap ISK from selling PLEXes does not make game unbalanced for everyone.

This post sums up why the 'best' work with DCM inc.

WARP DRIVE makes eve boring

really - add warping align time 300% on gun aggression and eve becomes great again

IIshira
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#107 - 2014-10-19 19:46:20 UTC
I think they might be interesting but without any similarities to current T3 ships I don't understand why CCP gave them the T3 tag. Perhaps just to shut up those that kept asking for other T3's?

The only stretch you could make is they are made from "Sleeper technology" with some sort of RP lore argument but I could do the same with Marauders or any other ship I guess. Lore is just something someone writes.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#108 - 2014-10-19 21:54:37 UTC
IIshira wrote:
I think they might be interesting but without any similarities to current T3 ships I don't understand why CCP gave them the T3 tag. Perhaps just to shut up those that kept asking for other T3's?

The only stretch you could make is they are made from "Sleeper technology" with some sort of RP lore argument but I could do the same with Marauders or any other ship I guess. Lore is just something someone writes.

Or possibly as others have theorised, this is the test bed for how to fix the balance of T3 cruisers.
Personally I'd have much rather they balanced T3 Cruisers first, which are so obviously out of balance it's not funny.
But if they needed to test bed it first, Destroyers are a good place as there are only Interdictors for T2 Destroyers, so T3 destroyers aren't stepping on many toes at all.
Komodo Askold
Strategic Exploration and Development Corp
Silent Company
#109 - 2014-10-19 22:18:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Komodo Askold
Woah woah woah. Now that's interesting! So my favourite ship class is going to get T3 variants, reconfigurable on the way? Holy mother of f*****g fruit baskets!! Big smile

I understand those who say the current T3 should be rebalanced before, but I think these destroyers could be a great opportunity for CCP to test rebalances and new stuff for the current T3. Let's give them this opportunity!

Ranger 1 wrote:
Mag's wrote:

EVE Vegas Playlist

EVE Vegas Keynote

Thankie! =)

EDIT: how could I forget?

Minmatar T3 destroyer has to be VERTICAL! Cool
Valkin Mordirc
#110 - 2014-10-20 03:21:10 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Mag's wrote:

EVE Vegas Playlist

EVE Vegas Keynote

THANKIES DOOOOD! =D
#DeleteTheWeak
Luwc
State War Academy
Caldari State
#111 - 2014-10-20 06:30:07 UTC
As a FW scrub I like them.

pls make them fit into smalls so I can play with all those totally OP worms and garmurs :p

http://hugelolcdn.com/i/267520.gif

HiddenPorpoise
Jarlhettur's Drop
United Federation of Conifers
#112 - 2014-10-20 07:12:16 UTC
Opertone wrote:
there is something called cost effectiveness and then man hours required to obtain certain level of quality.

To get a Cruiser fitted for action, you may need 30 mill isk. You can make 30 mill within 3 hours quite comfortably. You can replace the cruiser every 3 hours.

To get a HAC, you may need 300 mill. Aprox. 30 hours, or a week of 5 hour isk making session. You need a whole week to get a new one.

You may need upwards of 1 bill isk to properly fit a tech 3 cruiser. Sleeper tech ship requires that you harvest isk 90 hours, up to 3-4 weeks, 5 hours a day.

Then tech 3 performs marginally better than tech 1, but costs 30 times as much.

It is also extremely easy to loose a tech 3 ship in a PvP situation. TECH 3 becomes super risky, expensive toy, not a tool.

STOP complaining. Tech 3 is balanced. And do not bot for ISK. Then it will be alright. Also getting cheap ISK from selling PLEXes does not make game unbalanced for everyone.

Where are you buying these things?
Yes, a T1 fitted right is 20-40mil, but a HAC is 170-230mil after fitting, and a T3 work horse is only 400mil for most setups. I can say from living in low sec income I can replace a cruiser in half an hour, a HAC in a few hours, and a T3 in a few days of pretty relaxed play.

Even pretending that cost is a balance factor (and to a very small degree it is), balancing the game for 10mil an hour (1/3 a lax marauder) is a bad idea.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#113 - 2014-10-20 07:46:19 UTC
And I'll bet the Tech 3 destroyers will also be made of glass.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Zappity
New Eden Tank Testing Services
#114 - 2014-10-20 09:25:59 UTC
They will fit through the new small wormholes.

Zappity's Adventures for a taste of lowsec and nullsec.

Kousaka Otsu Shigure
#115 - 2014-10-20 09:46:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Kousaka Otsu Shigure
Very nice, considering that the destroyer line had only 2 ships from back then, now we're looking at 4 hulls :)

Would like to see new T1 destroyers like, a ROF bonused one, a T2 blackops dessy, or a AOE ping destroyer-only module that will make bombers and whatnot appear in your scan or overview for a moment.

Archiver, Software Developer and Data Slave

Current Project Status: What can I make with these minerals?

Mag's
Azn Empire
#116 - 2014-10-20 13:08:48 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Mag's wrote:

EVE Vegas Playlist

EVE Vegas Keynote
Thanks Ranger. Top man. Cool

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Solecist Project
#117 - 2014-10-20 13:47:34 UTC
They should name the ship Dia ............

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Jean Luc Lemmont
Carebears on Fire
Viral Society
#118 - 2014-10-20 14:00:31 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Mag's wrote:

EVE Vegas Playlist

EVE Vegas Keynote

You are a scholar and a gentleman sir. o7

Will I get banned for boxing!?!?!

This thread has degenerated to the point it's become like two bald men fighting over a comb. -- Doc Fury

It's bonuses, not boni, you cretins.

WhyYouHeffToBeMad IsOnlyGame
#119 - 2014-10-20 14:06:25 UTC  |  Edited by: WhyYouHeffToBeMad IsOnlyGame
yesterday during DJ Accy's show on EVE Radio in the evening I talked to him and someone about the new things coming up. one thing we all agreed upon is the intrigue as to the method of switching modes with the new destroyers; will it be one button serving as a switch, or will we see a new type of module that follows the Marauders' Bastion Module?

Either way I cannot wait to play with these new destroyers.

on a side note: Tug looks like a brand new type of these Israeli-developed spqce potatoes and its name sounds like a fat american kid came up with it, so it should be reviewed and replaced by a name more suitable for the game of wits that is EVE Online.

I suggest the name "Queen Bee".

Everything's a game if you make it one - Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci

CCP: Continously Crying Playerbase - Frostys Virpio

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#120 - 2014-10-20 14:16:39 UTC
It's actually a League of Legends insult, from a while back. He's calling you a Brazilian.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.