These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

corp jumping against eula?

First post
Author
Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
VOID Intergalactic Forces
#1 - 2014-10-18 19:39:28 UTC
So i was running transport missions for some standings when i run across someone proclaiming being jumping corps from war decs is against the EULA, if so i wonder how much weight that carries and i know a lot of people that could get into trouble over that then.

xxxxxxx xxxx> delibrate war avoidence btw is in violation on eula

ideas or statements?

ready, set, discuss

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#2 - 2014-10-18 19:41:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Doc Fury
Did you try checking the EULA?

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

admiral root
Red Galaxy
#3 - 2014-10-18 19:42:45 UTC
Doc Fury wrote:
Did you try checking the EULA?


That, and / or using one of them new-fangled support ticket thingies.

No, your rights end in optimal+2*falloff

Mag's
Azn Empire
#4 - 2014-10-18 19:52:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Mag's
Seeing as people have been doing it openly for years now, after they lifted it being an exploit, I doubt it.
But I have been known to be wrong. Just ask my wife. Big smile

Destination SkillQueue:- It's like assuming the Lions will ignore you in the Savannah, if you're small, fat and look helpless.

Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#5 - 2014-10-18 20:06:27 UTC
Agondray wrote:
So i was running transport missions for some standings when i run across someone proclaiming being jumping corps from war decs is against the EULA, if so i wonder how much weight that carries...


It was said in highsec. It carries no weight.

If you were to take everything that highsec says is "EULA breaking" as absolute fact, then anyone with a sec status under 5.0 should be lined up and shot for being a dirty griefing fatherless pirate with mommy issues and envy of the nether-regions.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#6 - 2014-10-18 20:22:12 UTC
Ah local chat. The epicenter of reasoning and information.
Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
VOID Intergalactic Forces
#7 - 2014-10-18 21:23:56 UTC
i didnt have time to look at the EULA while i was more concerned on a 800 word essay on the death of 146 people, but now i can and figured a space lawyer might know of it first

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

Serene Repose
#8 - 2014-10-19 05:47:06 UTC
Unsuccessful At Everything wrote:
Agondray wrote:
So i was running transport missions for some standings when i run across someone proclaiming being jumping corps from war decs is against the EULA, if so i wonder how much weight that carries...


It was said in highsec. It carries no weight.

If you were to take everything that highsec says is "EULA breaking" as absolute fact, then anyone with a sec status under 5.0 should be lined up and shot for being a dirty griefing fatherless pirate with mommy issues and envy of the nether-regions.

Well, they should anyway, EULA or not. If we charge admission we could solve world hunger!

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Adrie Atticus
Circle Mercs
#9 - 2014-10-19 08:00:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Adrie Atticus
Agondray wrote:
So i was running transport missions for some standings when i run across someone proclaiming being jumping corps from war decs is against the EULA, if so i wonder how much weight that carries and i know a lot of people that could get into trouble over that then.

xxxxxxx xxxx> delibrate war avoidence btw is in violation on eula

ideas or statements?

ready, set, discuss


You encountered something we like to call "ELITE HISEC PVPER". They are unable to mount any kind of offensive or defensive against an entity which can cobble up a kitchen sink of more than 4 ships and they will instead sit in a station for a week and wardec something else which cannot fight back.

You are allowed to leave a corporation to avoid a wardec. This subject has caused one of the most entertaining thread in a long while where risk-averse "ELITE HISEC PVPERS" are crying foul due to CCP having tools to mitigate their fun. Lots of tears in that thread, such memories.

Edit: Here's the thread if you feel like going through 1400 posts of bad logic and prolapsed rectums: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=372423
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#10 - 2014-10-19 08:08:19 UTC
Adrie Atticus wrote:
You encountered something we like to call "ELITE HISEC PVPER". They are unable to mount any kind of offensive or defensive against an entity which can cobble up a kitchen sink of more than 4 ships and they will instead sit in a station for a week and wardec something else which cannot fight back.

Excuse me sir, but as someone who personally claims the title of ELITE "HIGHSEC PVPER" I resent the use of the term to describethose kinds of folks.
13kr1d1
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2014-10-19 09:59:47 UTC
Corp jumping is practically obligatory when corporations have very little impact on New Eve-O players.

Don't kid yourselves. Even the dirtiest pirates from the birth of EVE have been carebears. They use alts to bring them goods at cheap prices and safely, rather than live with consequences of their in game actions on their main, from concord to prices

Arsine Mayhem
Doomheim
#12 - 2014-10-19 15:07:27 UTC
Time for null nancy's to call for a nerf.
Jur Tissant
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2014-10-19 16:02:43 UTC
The war system allows corporations to declare war on corporations, not people. If you leave a corporation which is decced you leave the war behind. Sounds fairly straightforward and not at all like an exploit.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#14 - 2014-10-19 19:07:29 UTC
Agondray wrote:
... someone proclaiming being jumping corps from war decs is against the EULA,
You, good Sir, were thoroughly misinformed.

Leaving a corporation during a war is not against the EULA in any way shape or form.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Xearal
Dead's Prostitutes
DARKNESS.
#15 - 2014-10-19 19:49:30 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:
Agondray wrote:
... someone proclaiming being jumping corps from war decs is against the EULA,
You, good Sir, were thoroughly misinformed.

Leaving a corporation during a war is not against the EULA in any way shape or form.


Awww.. why did you have to step in with a 'definite maybe' awnser.. this thread could have gone interesting places if you didn't :(

Does railgun ammunition come in Hollow Point?

Imuji
Swamphole Holdings
Swamphole
#16 - 2014-10-19 21:29:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Imuji
ISD Ezwal wrote:
Agondray wrote:
... someone proclaiming being jumping corps from war decs is against the EULA,
You, good Sir, were thoroughly misinformed.

Leaving a corporation during a war is not against the EULA in any way shape or form.


In fact.
A few important passages from the Terms of Service that apply to an harassment case like this. Remember that CCP is quite arbitrary so there's no guarantee they will keep it up, but you are always able to file a ticket about someone who deliberately harasses you. CCP doesn't take lightly to harassment of newbro's.

https://community.eveonline.com/support/policies/eve-tos/

Quote:
1. You may not abuse, harass or threatenanother player or authorized representative of CCP, including customer service personnel and volunteers. This includes, but is not limited to: filing support tickets with false information in an attempt to gain from it or have someone else suffer from it; sending excessive e-mails, EVE-mails or support tickets; obstructing CCP Employees from doing their jobs; refusal to follow the instructions of a CCP Employee; or implying favoritism by a CCP Employee.


Secondly:

Quote:
You may not use “role-playing” as an excuse to violate these rules. While EVE Online is a persistent world, fantasy role-playing game, the claim of role-playing is not an acceptable defense for anti-social behavior. Role-playing is encouraged, but not at the expense of other player. You may not create or participate in a corporation or group that habitually violates this policy.
Serene Repose
#17 - 2014-10-19 22:19:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Serene Repose
As in most things, motive is key here:

"WHY did you jump from corp to corp?"

"I just like the new corp. Oddly enough I didn't like the old one."

"BUT, it was in the middle of a WAR!"

"Can I help that? What am I, everybody's MOTHER?"

Of course, EVE is full of little mind readers...

"We KNOW why you changed corps. Don't hand us that transparent crap!*"

(*The contradiction in terms is critical to presenting the prevailing mindset.)

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Adrie Atticus
Circle Mercs
#18 - 2014-10-20 07:00:14 UTC
Imuji wrote:

In fact.
A few important passages from the Terms of Service that apply to an harassment case like this. Remember that CCP is quite arbitrary so there's no guarantee they will keep it up, but you are always able to file a ticket about someone who deliberately harasses you. CCP doesn't take lightly to harassment of newbro's.

https://community.eveonline.com/support/policies/eve-tos/

Quote:
1. You may not abuse, harass or threatenanother player or authorized representative of CCP, including customer service personnel and volunteers. This includes, but is not limited to: filing support tickets with false information in an attempt to gain from it or have someone else suffer from it; sending excessive e-mails, EVE-mails or support tickets; obstructing CCP Employees from doing their jobs; refusal to follow the instructions of a CCP Employee; or implying favoritism by a CCP Employee.


Secondly:

Quote:
You may not use “role-playing” as an excuse to violate these rules. While EVE Online is a persistent world, fantasy role-playing game, the claim of role-playing is not an acceptable defense for anti-social behavior. Role-playing is encouraged, but not at the expense of other player. You may not create or participate in a corporation or group that habitually violates this policy.


How is leaving a corporation "abusing, harassing or threatening another player or authorized representative of CCP"?
Mara Rinn
Cosmic Goo Convertor
#19 - 2014-10-20 07:04:53 UTC
Adrie Atticus wrote:
How is leaving a corporation "abusing, harassing or threatening another player or authorized representative of CCP"?


Avoiding wardecs by corp jumping is not against the EULA. Chasing people who corp-jump by continually warding that person through multiple corps can be construed as harassment (there are plenty of other fish in the pond, why are you picking on just that one?)

Jumping corps is an excellent way of farming hisec carebear tears though: "it's not fair that it costs me 50M ISK to declare war on this character every time they move to a new corporation! I want EVE to be easy for me! I paid my 50M ISK dammit, now I want some risk free PVP!"
Varisto
North Star Science And Industry
#20 - 2014-10-20 08:48:59 UTC
Ou dear. One of these threads again...

Leaving corp is normal gameplay even under wardeck...

As someone allready pointed out OP had run into one of these want-to-be-elite-pvp-in-highsec persons. Their usual strategy include mis-information, wardecking defenseless corporations and over all being total idiot about it...

They usually run screaming when someone suddenly can mount even semi-decent defense. In fact most fun i had in eve was turning the table on one of these corps way before wardeck fee changes... Went out hunting them instead... Fools accepted it as mutual.. After few weeks hunting them they jumped their own corp. :P
123Next page