These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

New PLEX types? 24h, 1 week etc

First post
Author
Snakebyte Jack
AcT Legion
#1 - 2014-10-19 18:37:48 UTC
So we have had PLEX system in place for a long time now as a means to keep your account subscribed. On the whole they would appear to have been a very successful addition to the game (albeit a very expensive one). I enjoy using PLEX to keep my account(s) active but i also find the sales of PLEX to be a very nice and easy way of giving my wallet a much needed isk injection now and then by way of selling them.

However one problem i do find with them is that often i simply wish to activate an alt account for a short period of time, for example: to jump my stuff to a new deployment system or to join a corp ice mining operation. With this problem in mind i began to think about how usefull the addition of new PLEX types to the market might be. If i could buy a 24 h plex for my account this would often be perfect. Even a 1 week PLEX would be excellent for when i want to do some mining for a week or two.

How do you guys feel about the idea of adding in 24h and or 1 week PLEX cards to the already existing 30 D plex cards?

CCP is it possible / likley ?

p.s. sorry for poor spelling and or grammar.
Captain Stupid
Swiss Army Spoons
#2 - 2014-10-19 18:50:08 UTC
I was going to do the usual "Doc Fury" thing by linking you to the Features and Ideas discussion section of the forums.

Then I realised it is a terrible idea. So I won't.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#3 - 2014-10-19 18:59:14 UTC
This thread has been moved to Features & Ideas Discussion.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Marsha Mallow
#4 - 2014-10-19 19:00:06 UTC
Yep, it's a good idea. Breaking plex into smaller chunks (or tokens) would create an interesting metamarket too. The ability to convert them into larger tokens such as 3, 6 or 12 month might also be worthwhile - particularly for people who speculate heavily on the plex market, or those who buy lengthy subs with plex.

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Ncc 1709
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Reckless Contingency.
#5 - 2014-10-19 19:16:55 UTC
far too easy to exploit. use 1 day every 4 to keep skills going without paying for the full month

would massively reduce ccp's income. use 1 day for a massive fight then unsub for the next 3 month till the next fight
Snakebyte Jack
AcT Legion
#6 - 2014-10-19 19:41:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Snakebyte Jack
Ncc 1709 wrote:
far too easy to exploit. use 1 day every 4 to keep skills going without paying for the full month

would massively reduce ccp's income. use 1 day for a massive fight then unsub for the next 3 month till the next fight

Well you assume quite a lot with your reply. For instance we didn't even discuss a pricing scheme for these new PLEX.

Also the kind of people that only sub for one fight might be very unlikley to bother subbing for said fight if they are forced to pay for a whole month.

Furthermore you cannot 'ghost train' anymore so your idea for exploiting the system is not valid.

Mathematically micro PLEX could potentially provide more income for CCP by providing for a niche market of players who want/need such a thing.
TigerXtrm
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2014-10-19 21:13:19 UTC
Yet another incentive to get rid of PLEX all together and start using Aurum for gametime instead.

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

James Baboli
Warp to Pharmacy
#8 - 2014-10-19 21:27:09 UTC
Overly granular gametime reduces total subscriber count. 14 or 15 days is about as short as has been effective in most games (and also aligns better with some people on a tight budget's ability to pay for subs)

Talking more,

Flying crazier,

And drinking more

Making battleships worth the warp

Rain6637
NulzSec
#9 - 2014-10-19 22:21:24 UTC
There are cases such as inactive accounts with characters that only need 10h to transfer, not a whole month.
Tabyll Altol
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#10 - 2014-10-20 06:45:50 UTC
Snakebyte Jack wrote:
So we have had PLEX system in place for a long time now as a means to keep your account subscribed. On the whole they would appear to have been a very successful addition to the game (albeit a very expensive one). I enjoy using PLEX to keep my account(s) active but i also find the sales of PLEX to be a very nice and easy way of giving my wallet a much needed isk injection now and then by way of selling them.

However one problem i do find with them is that often i simply wish to activate an alt account for a short period of time, for example: to jump my stuff to a new deployment system or to join a corp ice mining operation. With this problem in mind i began to think about how usefull the addition of new PLEX types to the market might be. If i could buy a 24 h plex for my account this would often be perfect. Even a 1 week PLEX would be excellent for when i want to do some mining for a week or two.

How do you guys feel about the idea of adding in 24h and or 1 week PLEX cards to the already existing 30 D plex cards?

CCP is it possible / likley ?

p.s. sorry for poor spelling and or grammar.

How about stop you training for 1 Day and train you new char ?

Not needed.