These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

WHAT HAPPENED? *Exactly*

First post
Author
Mike Adoulin
Adolescent Radioactive Pirate Hamsters
CODE.
#21 - 2014-10-19 03:32:02 UTC
I support caps coming back to hisec.

Because Chribba wept POCO/tower bashing takes waaaaaay too long.

They can't tank CONCORD anymore, and they are already locked out of almost all the l4 missions anyway.

The only thing where they might 'unbalance' the game is Incursions, but the AI already eats drones and Dreads can't hit subcaps for crap anyway.

Also, we need gankMoro's.

WE NEED THEM.

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#22 - 2014-10-19 04:52:10 UTC
Polymer wrote:
Then they started getting pretty mad at the people selling them and made the sales banned on the forums. I really don't know where they as for rules today. But I know Chribba was given special permission to use his titan as a Veldatar in highsec.

The general rule that's been around for awhile is if you have one in highsec it cannot be used in any fashion that can affect anyone's gameplay in any way.

CCP Spitfire - Capital ships in high security systems rules updated
Serene Repose
#23 - 2014-10-19 05:41:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Serene Repose
Val'Dore wrote:
Man, reading this topic is making me feel like I play EvE in some alternate universe. Where is EvE history when you need it?
You do. That's the problem with alternative universes. There's no "where".

So, nobody's gonna take a cap and mass gank an ice asteroid mining fleet of carebears just for yuks? Just sayin'....

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#24 - 2014-10-19 05:53:40 UTC
This will be a long post so, tl;dr - CCP never intended for caps in high-sec, missed to restrict production, fixed it over a few expansions, fake petitions and GM mistakes.

Actually CCP never intended for caps to be in high-sec, their use (eg think moving around) was limited to low-sec due to cynos not being allowed in high-sec. With this in mind CCP relases Cold War and assumed people would be building them in low-sec and forgot/didn't bother to put limitations of where you could build them - resulting in that you could use high-sec stations to build them.

So people did. Most jumped out to low-sec since they were useless in high-sec, and remember back then pilots were not that type of rich that they would build ship and not use it - 2 billion back in 2005 was a lot of ISK.

Forward ahead to RMR and CCP having realized that letting people build risk free in high-sec is not how they intended it to be done, so to avoid the new ship: carriers being built in high-sec stations they now nerf it so that you need a low-sec station - only to miss out that POS'es in high-sec could use LSAA's to build capitals, and as such the building restriction was only nerfed down to 0.7 (this is also the reason why there has never been possible to have a carrier in systems above 0.7 unless CCP/GMs put it there by move, or reimburse).

During this time, CONCORD as we know it today wasn't that powerful and dreads could easily tank them (http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/OTHER/Concord_Tanking_101.wmv), not intended either.

Fast forward again to Revelations II (summer of 2007) CCP finally decides that no more! Not due to the fact that caps could be built in high-sec and have never really been a problem - but with Revelations II they introduced the Rorqual - not something they wanted to be boosting in high-sec, or compressing ore safely for that matter. So as a result close to a week after the release of the expansion they abort all Rorquals being built in high-sec POS'es as well as unanchor all LSAA in high-sec (those that had Rorquals in production, like myself were offered to have it completed in a low-sec of their choice, and caps now also require XLSAA to be built).

This marks the end of caps being produced by pilots in high-sec.

But wait there's more.

There's a handful of caps remaining in high-sec at this time. Not really being an issue, an no more being produced by pilots. Yet there's two more events to come that would make changes to both CCP's views of caps as well as rules regarding them.

The first come to be known as the "Veldnaught scare". From the beginning of the Veldy and still today, I've only used it for mining, as well as undocking it for tourist pilots. I've have been petitioned multiple times before this for devhax/explot/and what not, after all caps are usually not allowed in high-sec. One pilot however didn't seem to enjoy either of it and decided to petition me again, this time with an accompanied faked killmail, where I supposedly had killed him and with the nature of caps, escaped CONCORD punishment.

Unfortunately the GM handling the case did not bother to (or did a weak) research if this actually happened, and decided to simply take actions against me. I logged on to a message saying they had moved my ship to low-sec. No explanation as to why. I responded asking why my ship had been moved and the GM told me that it was new CCP rules in place in the past 24 hours and that they had moved all caps from high-sec.

This was strange to me, the GM claiming new CCP rules (fair enough but info would be nice if so) and of course that ALL ships had been moved, since all my other caps were still in high-sec... so clearly it wasn't all ships. I kept asking and the only reply I got was that it was new rules and all ships etc. So I took it to the forums to give a heads up to people, that if this indeed was a new rule, they should make the best out of it before the ship gets moved. Thread posted -> that escalated quickly.

When it becomes clear that there are no new rules in place and that the petition against me was fake, my ship gets moved back and CCP takes the opportunity to introduce a new set of rules for future events of similar kind. So from now on a high-sec cap may no longer be used to gain unfair advantage (very hard to say exactly what is and what is not, but case by case basis) and you may not use it for aggression. All well for me anyway since I only mine.

So this is the end. Almost. No more caps being produced, no more caps shooting wildly around. Except caps do keep popping up... and they get sold for a lot of ISK. So much ISK that people start to complain. This wouldn't have been a problem really, since it's only old relics changing hands for more and more ISK - except it isn't. More ships shows up, in all kinds of odd places, these are ships that are reimbursed, or moved there on inactive accounts, essentially, fly a cap, unsub for 6 months your cap is now in high-sec if that's where your clone is, sell for major profit, or be lucky to get a ship reimbursed by a GM that didn't check the security status of the system.

So in order to combat this advantage pilot get by selling their dread for 10B ISK because of a GM mistake, they outright ban the trade and sale of caps in high-sec, which was the last change from CCP's side, this was in 2011, and those are the rules that remain today.

As far as the "**** hit the fan" type of statement, I would say that is in regards to the Veldnaught move in 2008, and the changes to sales in 2011.

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Carmen Electra
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#25 - 2014-10-19 06:02:38 UTC
ty for good post Chribba
Morihei Akachi
Doomheim
#26 - 2014-10-19 06:18:44 UTC
Chribba wrote:
… since all my other caps were still in high-sec...

Ok, I'll bite: What else do you have sitting in the middle of Empire space?

"Enduring", "restrained" and "ample" as designations for starship components are foreign to the genre of high-tech science fiction and don’t belong in Eve Online. (And as for “scoped” …)

Jandice Ymladris
Aurora Arcology
#27 - 2014-10-19 07:03:45 UTC
Morihei Akachi wrote:
Chribba wrote:

The Minmatar Elder Fleet, they sought refuge with him after they got their asses kicked by the Amarr.

Providing a new home for refugees in the Aurora Arcology

Syllviaa
Hole Exploitation Inc.
#28 - 2014-10-19 11:00:39 UTC
Polymer wrote:
The general rule that's been around for awhile is if you have one in highsec it cannot be used in any fashion that can affect anyone's gameplay in any way.

They can't be used for combat or be used to give people combat bonuses or for logistics. The Veldnaught & that one guy with a chimera that gives out mining boosts are ok since they don't break any of those rules.

RIP Richard A. Butt

Syllviaa
Hole Exploitation Inc.
#29 - 2014-10-19 11:03:47 UTC
I remember Phoenix's dueling in Perimeter the first time I ever played & making mad bank from looting the losers.

RIP Richard A. Butt

Chribba
Otherworld Enterprises
Otherworld Empire
#30 - 2014-10-19 16:46:43 UTC
Jandice Ymladris wrote:
Morihei Akachi wrote:
Chribba wrote:

The Minmatar Elder Fleet, they sought refuge with him after they got their asses kicked by the Amarr.

Someone read the Burning Life... Lol

on topic/Being a ship collector, when CCP announced the LSAA nerf I made one goal, to completes my collection. I nearly finished, only Caldari was left behind and reside in low-sec.

#funfact: There was actually a Sansha incursion event in the system I hold most of my caps, so there be screens of "omg superior Sansha capitals... + Chribba Veldhoggur" Big smile

/c

★★★ Secure 3rd party service ★★★

Visit my in-game channel 'Holy Veldspar'

Twitter @ChribbaVeldspar

Thayden Reid Nordic
Nordic Combat Industries
#31 - 2014-10-19 16:49:29 UTC
AH, thank you very much Chribba, but that post doesn't make it sound overly bad. Not bad enough that CCP can't learn from their mistakes anyway. It's been how many years now, CONCORD is not the Hand of God in Eve, and I don't think it'd be too hard to introduce CONCORD Dreadnaughts/Carriers. Hell it's be kinda fun to see a new breed of missions and/or Incursions with Dreads and Carriers in them. (And obviously their Low/Null counterparts would be more difficult and more rewarding, as they are now.)

Idk I've only been playing a bit over a year or so, but, in my mind, the concept of Caps (not super caps) in High Sec brings new and more possibilities than anything. There are restrictions and limitations that could be placed on Caps in High Sec that would make them very useful in High Sec, but not to the point they take over every aspect.

Seems a lot like people just don't like changes to the things they are accustomed to.
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#32 - 2014-10-19 17:03:24 UTC
Thayden Reid Nordic wrote:
Hell it's be kinda fun to see a new breed of missions and/or Incursions with Dreads and Carriers in them.

If it means i can try and flip a mission running dreadnought in my ishkur then yes it wouldPirate
Thayden Reid Nordic
Nordic Combat Industries
#33 - 2014-10-19 18:03:17 UTC
There ya go Ralph, optimism man! Hell yea!
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#34 - 2014-10-19 18:29:26 UTC
Just for reference as inquiring minds might want to know: Capitals in Highsec

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Thayden Reid Nordic
Nordic Combat Industries
#35 - 2014-10-19 18:39:05 UTC
Thanks ISD
ashley Eoner
#36 - 2014-10-19 18:47:10 UTC
Thayden Reid Nordic wrote:
Instead of Nerfing High Sec, why not Buff Null? Idk how much money making has changed in the years since, but the idea of taking something away from one group becuz another is pissed about it, rather than making the two comparable, or more balanced I should say, seems a bit pre-school.

Because null makes plenty of isk and CCP knows this. It's just there's a tiny vocal element of null that has made it their job in life to get highsec nerfed as much as possible. Why? Many reasons. Because of envy that someone somewhere might be making more isk then them. Because their corporation/alliance rents out the majority of the space that they should making isk in. Pure spite since they don't live in highsec. etc etc..

I know that I as one person could easily afford to be a renter just off the isk I made in the rented space. It didn't even require me to put in a lot of hours or anything. Yeah sure occasionally pvp roams would appear but the vast majority of time there was no one in the area. When I was part of the blue donut +8 years ago I actually felt safer in null then highsec. In Null you always know who your enemies are and if they are present (thanks to local).

Anna Karhunen
Inoue INEXP
#37 - 2014-10-19 21:08:40 UTC
Chribba wrote:

#funfact: There was actually a Sansha incursion event in the system I hold most of my caps, so there be screens of "omg superior Sansha capitals... + Chribba Veldhoggur" Big smile

/c

Show 'em!

As my old maths teacher used to say: "Statistics are like bikinis: It's what they don't show that's interesting". -CCP Aporia

Previous page12