These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

The state of CAOD, a plea to CCP and ISD

First post
Author
Khema Fera
Doomheim
#41 - 2014-10-12 17:02:42 UTC
What is CAOD?
Archibald Thistlewaite III
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Miners
#42 - 2014-10-12 17:04:47 UTC
Crumpets Anonymous Online Dating.

User of 'Bumblefck's Luscious & Luminous Mustachio Wax'

Maeltstome
Academy of the Unseen Arts
#43 - 2014-10-13 12:14:24 UTC
Archibald Thistlewaite III wrote:
Crumpets Anonymous Online Dating.

As a Brit, I'm down for that.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#44 - 2014-10-18 21:58:28 UTC
After having had an internal discussion in CCL, we have decided on the following.
Just for your information.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Tear Jar
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#45 - 2014-10-18 22:02:21 UTC
ArmyOfMe wrote:
As one of many veterans in this game, ive seen a lot of changes, both ingame and on the forums.
There was a time when the CAOD section of these very forums were filled with life (flames, trolls, a few battlereports and so on), however over the past few years things have changed.

First there was the changes where you had to be in a 10 man corp to post, wich did kill a lot of the troll posts, and then the change so you had to be logged in to see the posts there, wich i to this day dont really see the reason for.
In the old days when two sides had flame wars, these forums felt so much more alive, and fun to be part of.
However with the way CAOD is run, mostly in due of overzealous ISD and DEV moderators, that single subforum is now the least used subforum in here.
You might as well remove the entire section if we're not allowed to use it as it once was used. As a tool for agitating other alliances, for saying what you really felt like saying to them. I have seen quite a few wars (mostly small ones) faught due to someones posting on CAOD, but that can no longer happen as it more often then not will be locked as trolling or something along those lines.

Seeing as the new expantion seems to be bringing back a lot of oldtimers, is it really so bad to let that one single section of these forums slip into the demented, depraved cesspool it once was.

A more used forum can only be good for this game as it brings back enthusiasm in the playerbase, and hopefully brings back some of the many that left these forums for 3rd party sites were CCP has no means of moderating them in the first place.

Have you considered that CCP wats it be an ignored harder to post in forum? This way they can stick all the topics they don't want people to actually post in in COAD.
Doc Fury
Furious Enterprises
#46 - 2014-10-18 22:03:28 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:
After having had an internal discussion in CCL, we have decided on the following.

Well done!

Now if we can only get people to shiptoast there instead of GD.

There's a million angry citizens looking down their tubes..at me.

ArmyOfMe
Teddybears.
Dead Terrorists
#47 - 2014-10-18 22:04:01 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:

<3 <3 <3 <3

GM Guard > I must ask you not to use the petition option like this again but i personally would finish the chicken sandwich first so it won´t go to waste. The spaghetti will keep and you can use it the next time you get hungry. Best regards.

Tear Jar
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#48 - 2014-10-18 22:35:33 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:

The 10 man limit is still an issue. Many of us are active in the sphere of alliances ad corps without being in a big corp ourself.
CALDARI CITIZEN 14330909
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#49 - 2014-10-19 00:04:42 UTC
Tear Jar wrote:
ISD Ezwal wrote:

The 10 man limit is still an issue. Many of us are active in the sphere of alliances ad corps without being in a big corp ourself.

Agreed.

The Artist Formerly Known As AC. 

The terminal end of the digestive system. 

The Best CSM Candidate

KuroVolt
The Legion of Spoon
Curatores Veritatis Alliance
#50 - 2014-10-19 00:13:57 UTC
Moderation in CAOD was never the issue, I even always figured ISD just avoided CAOD.

BoBwins Law: As a discussion/war between two large nullsec entities grows longer, the probability of one comparing the other to BoB aproaches near certainty.

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#51 - 2014-10-19 00:46:51 UTC
Tear Jar wrote:
ISD Ezwal wrote:

And that is something I can not help you with, as that decision (taken years back) is not mine to revert. In all honesty, I do not even have an opinion on the matter pro or contra.
If you could gatter enough support to ask for lifting that rule, you could always try to get it to the attention of the CSM or CCP directly by making a well worded proposal and post it in Jita Park Speakers Corner or Features & Ideas Discussion.

I did what I can do. If you deem that not enough or even insignificant, I am sorry.
But as far as I'm concerned, the rest is up to you.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Snot Shot
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#52 - 2014-10-21 01:24:47 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:
ArmyOfMe wrote:
However with the way CAOD is run, mostly in due of overzealous ISD and DEV moderators, that single subforum is now the least used subforum in here.
Right. Against my better judgement, as I should actually close this thread for discussing forum moderation, I will give you some facts.

The CCL division of ISD that is tasked with moderating the forum was founded in April 2012. So it exists for about 2.5 years.
In the 4 to 5 years before that moderation was often scarce and erratic.
The rule change regarding who can post in CAOD and who can not, was made long before CCL ever came to be, somewhere in the beginning of 2009 (rule 21).

And now for the interesting part: In the entire existence of ISD's CCL division, all members of the team combined posted just over 20000 times on the entire forum. Of which 67 times in CAOD or about 0.34%......Shocked
That is including posts such as 'this thread has been moved to CAOD' etcetera which constitute to about one third of them.
Keep in mind, each moderator intervention in a thread leads to one of our team posting in it that he/she has done so. So counting ISD posts is a pretty good indication on how many times CCL had to come into action to moderate a thread.

In essence it boils down to this: CAOD has had 40 to 45 moderator interventions in the past two and a half years combined.
That's can hardly be called over moderation now can it. If anything, it shows a lack of activity there by the posters themselves, actually leaving us very, very little to do there.

I mean come on, apart from four CCL closed threads (2 cross-post duplicates and two blatant troll ones) in the past three months there are only 29 open player created threads there, the rest was automatically closed by the forum software for total lack of activity in the last 90 days......

You want to see the place more active and interesting? Do it yourself, but don't blame us for the current state.
We didn't do it, we weren't there! Well, hardly....Cool

That's great and all but if you're serious about letting this forum section get a pulse after all these years then make it so you don't need to log in to see/read it.

Seeing interesting posts when not logged in use to make peeps log in to post etc. Hell I thought CCP got rid of CAOD for the first month or two the new forums were up since it was hidden...Ugh

Obviously the plan to kill it involved having it be the only section you have to be logged in to see it which worked. Make it visible or you're just blowing smoke up our....Roll

Twitter = @Snot_Shot  - “If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything"

evesnotshot.blogspot.com

Khorvek
Colear Mining Retrieval and Distributing
#53 - 2014-10-21 04:51:48 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Ezwal, you might as well bang your head against a wall.

Because no matter how many times players in this sandbox (forums included) are given rope to hang themselves with, it'll be CCP's fault when they screw themselves.

So just tuck your facts away and lock the thread. It's a waste of time to try and convince people they have done it to themselves.

Mr Epeen Cool

Isn't the point that there's not supposed to be rope?

People talk about how eve is better than WoW. I still get one shotted undocking in a frigate if there's a WT thrasher outside. It looks eerily similar to getting one shotted in WoW battlegrounds by a x9 level player when you're x1-4 levels.

WhyYouHeffToBeMad IsOnlyGame
#54 - 2014-10-21 05:37:04 UTC
what's a caod?

Everything's a game if you make it one - Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci

CCP: Continously Crying Playerbase - Frostys Virpio

Arronicus
Stimulus
Rote Kapelle
#55 - 2014-10-21 08:16:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Arronicus
Marsha Mallow wrote:
DNSBLACK wrote:
I support this thread 100%. The long distance travel thread is a clear example of ISD letting it roll. It did bring back the fay of COAD gone wild.

It was fun reading the threads and the trolls. I hated having to go to Kugu and fail heap. COAD should be a smack talking war room.

Removal of alt posters killed CAOD, not moderation.

So true, and yet so sad. I think myself and others thought people would have the balls to continue posting, but use characters in legitimate alliances, even if it was their mains. But nooooope. 'muh internet privacy wall is gone, TO THE FOREST'

ISD Ezwal really deserves a lot of credit here for pointing out the facts with some hard numbers to the players, so that those who aren't willfully ignorant (Yes, referring to you mr epeen) won't continue to think moderation broke the fun.
Previous page123