These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

Nullbear wants to do FW

Author
Grinz Madullier
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2014-10-16 07:48:48 UTC
Hey guys

Title says it all.

My name is Grinz and im a nullbear with an aversion to pvp. I dont want to be scared anymore. That and i have alot of isk i dont know what to do with so why not kill 2 birds with one stone by sploding some isk and getting the balls to take part in the other half of eve.

So Im looking for advice on where to start and how to go about it. Ill be bringing out an alt with 60m+sp. I see everyone talking about frigate combat but it seems a little too cheap for me catapulting t1 frigates around the field.

If you had a spare few bill to concentrate on getting your pvp on as a newbie in FW where do i start?
Flash Thomson
Crimson Serpent Syndicate
#2 - 2014-10-16 08:14:52 UTC
Hi Grinz,


I started Faction Warfare just a few weeks back.
Money is a big issue for me, as I have 2 big holes in my pockets and just came out of retirement... =D

But please check out www.caldarinews.wordpress.com I have written about some of my experiences as noob
and also link guides to faction warfare that I feel are quite good....

more to come =D

Oh and about the frigate thing... If you want to burn isk... feel free to use stuff like t2 frigates, pirate faction frigates...
I regularly see cruisers and T3 ships too....

You will get a lot more engagements with frigates though (I think, can someone confirm?)
Any way I can't afford much else =D

Tanking since 1982

Reporting Caldari Faction Warfare news on www.caldarinews.wordpress.com

Doctor Knuckles
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2014-10-16 10:20:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Doctor Knuckles
You can fly whatever you want, really, it's just that t1 frigs will get you the most fights if you go around solo. You can also have great fun with cruisers, but i wouldn't go further up in size.

By the way, if you're a pvp newbie, flying anything other than t1 non faction frigs WILL result in embarassing loss mails, so i'd stick to that for a bit untill you get the hang of things. SP and ISK don't matter much when you **** up horribly.


After that, i'd still advise frigs. You can put shiny mods and roll about in uber fits if you feel like 10 M a pop won't be fun for you, it's quite easy to get to the 300M mark with pirate frigs and some faction mods (think mwd and point, for example), and they're also very effective and fun to fly. You probably will have to go against gangs with them tho.



if you plan to join militia fleet, just bring what the FC asks for, really xD
Meditril
Minmatar Secret Service
Ushra'Khan
#4 - 2014-10-16 13:07:00 UTC
Welcome to FW.

Depending on your style I propose that you choose one of these two strategies to approach FW:

a) In case you are the lone-wolf, who loves to find out everything himself the hard way, then you are perfect in FW. In this case read a lot in the forums and search for FW-reports to get an idea of the basic FW-mechanics. Then get a T1-Frigate or T1-Dessy of your choice and go out for the adventure yourself. Don't go expensive, stay with T1-Frigate/Dessy and T2-Modules including T1-Rigs max. You will die a lot at the beginning. After each death take some time to analyze what did you wrong. Did you had wrong fitting? Did you just made a wrong choice of enemy in general... or haven't you seen that enemy is coming with a blob. Improve, rinse, repeat... sooner or later you will get your first earned kill and you will be very satisfied about this.

b) If you are more a social guy and maybe want more guidance, then join one of the many FW-Corps. (e.g. TRIAD) Here you can participate in fleet operations and people can give you hints and explain things.

Good luck,
Meditril
Syrias Bizniz
some random local shitlords
#5 - 2014-10-16 13:14:58 UTC
Will teach you how2frigate for ISK.
That way you fly T1 frigates AND pay shittons of ISK.

Win-Win
Domino Vyse
Starry Sky Fleet
Fraternity.
#6 - 2014-10-17 07:46:23 UTC
If you have an arseload of isk, just go pirate. FW is good because of the LP payouts, but you dont need that. If you dont join FW you will give yourself far more targets as you wont be blueing half of the warzone.
Oreb Wing
Last Rites.
Villore Accords
#7 - 2014-10-17 14:10:22 UTC
Domino Vyse wrote:
If you have an arseload of isk, just go pirate. FW is good because of the LP payouts, but you dont need that. If you dont join FW you will give yourself far more targets as you wont be blueing half of the warzone.



You can always shoot pies and still have an objective.
Tinu Moorhsum
Random Events
#8 - 2014-10-17 15:04:33 UTC
Grinz Madullier wrote:

My name is Grinz and im a nullbear with an aversion to pvp.


I stopped reading at this point.

FW isn't going to want you either because even in the baby PVP life of a FW pilot they're going to want you to undock and shoot stuff.

My advice would be to go mine in the nearest system to Jita with an asteroid belt...even if you have to deal with CODE. If this makes you want to throw up in your mouth too then unsub and go back to WOW. There is nowhere in EVE where you can just do your thing and noone can get to you.

T-


Oreb Wing
Last Rites.
Villore Accords
#9 - 2014-10-17 16:37:34 UTC
Tinu Moorhsum wrote:
Grinz Madullier wrote:

My name is Grinz and im a nullbear with an aversion to pvp.


I stopped reading at this point.

FW isn't going to want you either because even in the baby PVP life of a FW pilot they're going to want you to undock and shoot stuff.

My advice would be to go mine in the nearest system to Jita with an asteroid belt...even if you have to deal with CODE. If this makes you want to throw up in your mouth too then unsub and go back to WOW. There is nowhere in EVE where you can just do your thing and noone can get to you.

T-




Maybe you should finish reading, get your head out of your ••• and then open your mouth.
Domino Vyse
Starry Sky Fleet
Fraternity.
#10 - 2014-10-17 19:33:27 UTC
Oreb Wing wrote:
Domino Vyse wrote:
If you have an arseload of isk, just go pirate. FW is good because of the LP payouts, but you dont need that. If you dont join FW you will give yourself far more targets as you wont be blueing half of the warzone.



You can always shoot pies and still have an objective.


Wat?
Oreb Wing
Last Rites.
Villore Accords
#11 - 2014-10-17 20:44:40 UTC
Domino Vyse wrote:
Oreb Wing wrote:
Domino Vyse wrote:
If you have an arseload of isk, just go pirate. FW is good because of the LP payouts, but you dont need that. If you dont join FW you will give yourself far more targets as you wont be blueing half of the warzone.



You can always shoot pies and still have an objective.


Wat?


As in he can do FW and still have plenty of targets with pirates and neutrals to shoot, while having a broader goal in mind with the warzone.
Domino Vyse
Starry Sky Fleet
Fraternity.
#12 - 2014-10-17 20:55:05 UTC
Oreb Wing wrote:
Domino Vyse wrote:
Oreb Wing wrote:
Domino Vyse wrote:
If you have an arseload of isk, just go pirate. FW is good because of the LP payouts, but you dont need that. If you dont join FW you will give yourself far more targets as you wont be blueing half of the warzone.



You can always shoot pies and still have an objective.


Wat?


As in he can do FW and still have plenty of targets with pirates and neutrals to shoot, while having a broader goal in mind with the warzone.


Plenty, but still less.
Oreb Wing
Last Rites.
Villore Accords
#13 - 2014-10-17 21:07:15 UTC
True
IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
Shadow Cartel
#14 - 2014-10-18 02:27:33 UTC
Tinu Moorhsum wrote:


...... in the baby PVP life of a FW pilot........

T-






Says the guy with a grand total of 0 kills.


Plato Forko
123 Fake Street
#15 - 2014-10-20 01:59:00 UTC
Grinz Madullier wrote:
Hey guys

Title says it all.

My name is Grinz and im a nullbear with an aversion to pvp. I dont want to be scared anymore.


but the fear is what makes it all fun :) and FWIW people in militia routinely drop hundreds of millions of ISK on implants and faction mods and drugs and links for T1 frigs so it's not like you'll impress anyone in a shiny cruiser
Luwc
Maidens Of The Chalice
Two Maidens One Chalice
#16 - 2014-10-20 06:33:07 UTC
Drop by in RDNEX Bar & Grill

we are tight knit Amarr FW group and pretty active in the warzone.

You can chill in our pub channel and get support there if you like.

http://hugelolcdn.com/i/267520.gif

Artuard Envien
Space-Brewery-Association
Two Maidens One Chalice
#17 - 2014-10-20 08:18:24 UTC
Tinu Moorhsum wrote:
Grinz Madullier wrote:

My name is Grinz and im a nullbear with an aversion to pvp.


I stopped reading at this point.

FW isn't going to want you either because even in the baby PVP life of a FW pilot they're going to want you to undock and shoot stuff.

My advice would be to go mine in the nearest system to Jita with an asteroid belt...even if you have to deal with CODE. If this makes you want to throw up in your mouth too then unsub and go back to WOW. There is nowhere in EVE where you can just do your thing and noone can get to you.

T-





Please do not speak for the entire FW group. I for one welcome any new bro who wants to shoot stuff. Op convo me if you need info about fw pvp stuff.

o/
Balshem Rozenzweig
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2014-10-20 11:36:48 UTC
Artuard Envien wrote:
Tinu Moorhsum wrote:
Grinz Madullier wrote:

My name is Grinz and im a nullbear with an aversion to pvp.


I stopped reading at this point.

FW isn't going to want you either because even in the baby PVP life of a FW pilot they're going to want you to undock and shoot stuff.

My advice would be to go mine in the nearest system to Jita with an asteroid belt...even if you have to deal with CODE. If this makes you want to throw up in your mouth too then unsub and go back to WOW. There is nowhere in EVE where you can just do your thing and noone can get to you.

T-





Please do not speak for the entire FW group. I for one welcome any new bro who wants to shoot stuff. Op convo me if you need info about fw pvp stuff.

o/


Art's legit. I'd know - my main is in his alliance :P

"NUTS!!!" - general McAuliffe

Gaan Cathal
Angry Mustellid
Lost Obsession
#19 - 2014-10-21 20:48:03 UTC
It used to be I'd've just answered this with "Grab a ship, join militia, X up for a fleet and replace you loss, rinse repeat." but with all the residual nullsec infestation from the brief moment FW was marginally profitable that works less well. So...

Pick a side. Look at killboards. Apply to corps. A lot of them will take a PVP newbro, and you'll assumedly be SPed to fit in some halfway useful hulls too. A lot of FW corps these days run the whole rack from T1 frigate lolroams up to T3 gangs w/logi etc. A bunch of Minniemil corps base in Huola so you could check the station offices there for corps to apply to, likewise I think it's largely Auga nowadays for the Ammies. Unless stuff's changed since I was there Nourvukaiken is Squid-Central and the Frogs use Villore at the other end of the Black Rise pipe.

So yeah, there's a whole range of PVP available if you want it, and I'm sure there are corps in any of the Factions who'd be happy to enable you in the noble pursuit of getting blown up until you learn to get blown up slightly less often.

Also, it's less about not being scared because you no longer loose ships, more about no longer being scared that you're going to loose ships.
Doctor Knuckles
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2014-10-22 00:26:01 UTC
Gaan Cathal wrote:
l and the Frogs use Villore at the other end of the Black Rise pipe.
.


First thing anyone learns upon joining Gal Mil, don't use Villoire xD
12Next page