These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Faction + DED Rigs

Author
Leonard Nimoy II
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-10-15 23:04:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Leonard Nimoy II
I'm surprised I haven't seen this brought up here before, although I'm sure it has been (but it's not in the list of frequently proposed ideas): Faction + DED rigs.

Faction rigs would be available through LP stores, which have t2 characteristics but t1 skill requirements (at a substantially increased cost of course). Similar to some current faction items like drones, which have t2 characteristics but t1 skill requirements.

E.g. -> For the purposes of the thread, let's take Medium tri-mark armor pump as the example.

T1 armor pump: 15% bonus, 10% drawback.
T2 armor pump: 20% bonus, 10% drawback.
Federation Navy armor pump: 18-20% bonus, 10% drawback.

DED rigs - drop from DED sites, with drop rates being roughly equivalent to those of other DED mods. Tiered the same way as current DED mods, with rarer ones being progressively better (and thus correspondingly more expensive and uncommon).

C-Type: 20% Bonus, 10% drawback.
B-Type: 21% Bonus, 9% drawback.
A-Type: 22% Bonus, 8% drawback.
X-Type: 23% Bonus, 7% drawback.
Jack Carrigan
Order of the Shadow
#2 - 2014-10-15 23:09:24 UTC
Considering the fact you are asking for such a negligible boost, this is in fact pretty reasonable. Came expecting OP rigs with ridiculous stats, left disappointed. +1

I am the One who exists in Shadow. I am the Devil your parents warned you about.

||CEO: Order of the Shadow||Executor: The Revenant Order||Creator: Bowhead||

Leonard Nimoy II
Doomheim
#3 - 2014-10-15 23:25:14 UTC
Yer....not trolling today =P Mustn't be overpowered, otherwise it would just get ridiculous.
Kaerakh
Obscure Joke Implied
#4 - 2014-10-16 00:09:08 UTC
Petrified
Old and Petrified Syndication
TOG - The Older Gamers Alliance
#5 - 2014-10-16 00:13:56 UTC
I see kill boards lighting up with bigger and better numbers.

This could be interesting.

Cloaking is the closest thing to a "Pause Game" button one can get while in space.

Support better localization for the Japanese Community.

Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#6 - 2014-10-16 00:27:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Rroff
I'd like to see some faction rigs from the other entities i.e. TransStellar Shipping, etc. and appropriate rigs for the sort of things those factions do that have dual bonuses and appropriate penalty (might take a bit of working out to get balance correct) i.e. as per my example here https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4401183#post4401183

(Just purely as an example).
Leonard Nimoy II
Doomheim
#7 - 2014-10-16 01:23:53 UTC
Could work =) My concern would be that they would be OP with that kind of system though.
Rendiff
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2014-10-16 01:37:19 UTC
Those look pretty good!
Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#9 - 2014-10-16 01:51:13 UTC
Leonard Nimoy II wrote:
Could work =) My concern would be that they would be OP with that kind of system though.

It would take someone with a good head for the numbers to do it right but I think it could add a bit more flavor and boost some of the lesser used factions.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#10 - 2014-10-16 04:17:37 UTC
I suggest looking at the T1 & T2 rig requirements.....
Leonard Nimoy II
Doomheim
#11 - 2014-10-16 14:20:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Leonard Nimoy II
?

For armor pump, t1 requires armor rigging I, t2 required IV. So yeh, they're not the same.
FireFrenzy
Cynosural Samurai
#12 - 2014-10-16 21:02:38 UTC
I LIKE IT...

if only because my incursion ship has 5 t2 mods on it, and it always felt like i need to remove those... But they dont make faction tractor beams unfortunatly;) (or rigs and DCs :P)
Leyete Wulf
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#13 - 2014-10-16 21:46:12 UTC
I this is an excellent idea, not only a non-game breaking wild-eyed idea but also a potential buff to the variety and availability of drops from sites.

On a side note this change could also herald a new type of salvage that can only be gotten from salvaging the 'elite/officer/commander' spawns which currently have a chance to drop t2 salvage.
Komi Toran
Perkone
Caldari State
#14 - 2014-10-16 21:50:23 UTC
Leonard Nimoy II wrote:
?

For armor pump, t1 requires armor rigging I, t2 required IV. So yeh, they're not the same.

Hint: You could have the t2 require the rigging skill at VI (not a typo), and it wouldn't make any difference.
Kaerakh
Obscure Joke Implied
#15 - 2014-10-16 22:25:42 UTC
Komi Toran wrote:
Leonard Nimoy II wrote:
?

Hint: You could have the t2 require the rigging skill at VI (not a typo), and it wouldn't make any difference.

If you're making they argument that it makes T2 rigs obsolete then you clearly have never financed your own faction modules for a non capitalship. Dropping faction or DED equipment on a ship isn't an entirely trivial decision.
Komi Toran
Perkone
Caldari State
#16 - 2014-10-16 22:32:07 UTC
Kaerakh wrote:
If you're making they argument that it makes T2 rigs obsolete...

What an odd inference to draw.
Kaerakh
Obscure Joke Implied
#17 - 2014-10-16 22:46:47 UTC
Komi Toran wrote:
Kaerakh wrote:
If you're making they argument that it makes T2 rigs obsolete...

What an odd inference to draw.

Nice job cherry picking.
xttz
GSF Logistics and Posting Reserves
Goonswarm Federation
#18 - 2014-10-16 22:52:45 UTC
Leonard Nimoy II wrote:
?

Anyone can fit any mod now... meaning you don't need IV to fit t2 anymore. It still affects the drawbacks of course.
Leonard Nimoy II
Doomheim
#19 - 2014-10-16 23:25:59 UTC
xttz wrote:
Leonard Nimoy II wrote:
?

Anyone can fit any mod now... meaning you don't need IV to fit t2 anymore. It still affects the drawbacks of course.

Is this an update in phoebe Ive not heard about yet? As of this moment they still require IV - if CCP is changing that though, its possible faction rigs could equate to the DED rig bonuses instead, but with no reduction in drawback (as per the DED attributes example above).
Mr De
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#20 - 2014-10-16 23:37:12 UTC
I like this, especially if instead of the t2 capital salvage tackle rig BPC i get from a data/relic site in null yields me a faction rig bpc instead.
12Next page