These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

dd in low sec why no bombs ?

Author
ALI Virgo
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#1 - 2014-10-15 12:31:42 UTC
if we can dd in low sec after new changes can we please be able to bomb in low sec as well
Zoltar Nosisk
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2014-10-15 12:32:29 UTC
if we can dd inlowsec why notbubble inlowsec
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#3 - 2014-10-15 12:36:17 UTC
If we can DD in Low sec, can throw bubbles in Low sec and launch Bombs in Low sec, why call it Low sec? Correct, because we cannot launch bombs, throw bubbles and use DDs. That we now will be able to use DDs is just a step on the path of removal of Low sec and leave us behind High sec and Null sec.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

ALI Virgo
Dreddit
#4 - 2014-10-15 13:08:59 UTC
Rivr Luzade wrote:
If we can DD in Low sec, can throw bubbles in Low sec and launch Bombs in Low sec, why call it Low sec? Correct, because we cannot launch bombs, throw bubbles and use DDs. That we now will be able to use DDs is just a step on the path of removal of Low sec and leave us behind High sec and Null sec.
is low sec only defined to be able to hide form bubbles ? . think about it gate guns shooting down bubbles and bombers. and sec status hits. it be harder to warp out or get your jf out of low sec camped station. if people are willing to die and or risk bubbling and or bombing gates and stations why not. some alliances use low sec system to sit out side a pos on titan for hours just sitting there. it be nice if they be killed by bombers or have to worry about dictors. Let bombers and dictors be dicks please
Hra Neuvosto
Party Cat Enterprises
#5 - 2014-10-15 13:27:01 UTC
#sovforlowsec
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#6 - 2014-10-15 13:37:57 UTC
If we have CONCORD in high-sec why not have CONCORD in low-sec?
Zoltar Nosisk
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2014-10-15 14:29:25 UTC
If sov in nullsec whynotsov in lowsec. If titansinPOS whynot Titans instation???
Jack Carrigan
Order of the Shadow
#8 - 2014-10-15 15:04:37 UTC
Why?

I am the One who exists in Shadow. I am the Devil your parents warned you about.

||CEO: Order of the Shadow||Executor: The Revenant Order||Creator: Bowhead||

Karti Aivo
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#9 - 2014-10-15 15:09:18 UTC
DD's only kill capitals,
bombs kill the game
Bronson Hughes
The Knights of the Blessed Mother of Acceleration
#10 - 2014-10-15 15:20:41 UTC
Doomsdays are single-target weapons with significant restrictions on their valid targets.

Bombs are area of effect weapons that impact all targets indiscriminately.

The former being allowed in losec is hardly a valid argument for allowing the latter in losec.

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Soldarius
Dreddit
#11 - 2014-10-15 18:33:05 UTC
Because dd kills caps. Bombs do not. (usually)

More dead capital ships is imo a good thing. Bombs enabled in losec does not imo sound like a good idea.

http://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Kaerakh
Obscure Joke Implied
#12 - 2014-10-15 18:34:36 UTC
ALI Virgo wrote:
if we can dd in low sec after new changes can we please be able to bomb in low sec as well

Because they're wholly and completely different mechanics with completely different applications.
Ioci
Bad Girl Posse
#13 - 2014-10-15 19:00:31 UTC
When Pipe DD becomes a thing, get back to us.

R.I.P. Vile Rat

Wolf Incaelum
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2014-10-15 19:48:24 UTC
If we can DD, bomb, and bubble in both null and lowsec, why not be able to DD, bomb, and bubble in hisec? Look out, Jita...Twisted

ANARCHYFOREVAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#15 - 2014-10-15 20:11:00 UTC
Wolf Incaelum wrote:
If we can DD, bomb, and bubble in both null and lowsec, why not be able to DD, bomb, and bubble in hisec? Look out, Jita...Twisted

Smartbomb the Jita undock far enough from sttion so the bomb is not cancelled and watch people cry.