These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Are the old cloaking habits back?

First post
Author
King Fu Hostile
Mea Culpa.
Shadow Cartel
#21 - 2014-10-14 08:44:33 UTC
So instead of banning ISBotter, CCP decides to nerf all other styled of cloaky PVP, but not ISBotter bombing?

gg
Gospadin
Bastard Children of Poinen
#22 - 2014-10-14 15:45:08 UTC
I still haven't heard any confirmation from CCP that it was intended.
Aivlis Eldelbar
State War Academy
Caldari State
#23 - 2014-10-14 15:58:31 UTC
ISD consolidated the threads, so they are well aware of the issue, and we are still to hear a response, so I'm more and more sure this is some test going on.
Obunagawe
#24 - 2014-10-14 20:53:32 UTC
Aivlis Eldelbar wrote:
ISD consolidated the threads, so they are well aware of the issue, and we are still to hear a response, so I'm more and more sure this is some test going on.

A test of the players rather than the game, I'm sure.
Gospadin
Bastard Children of Poinen
#25 - 2014-10-14 22:04:56 UTC
Obunagawe wrote:
Aivlis Eldelbar wrote:

A test of the players rather than the game, I'm sure.

I see the maze all around me, but can't find the cheese.
Yi Hyori
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2014-10-15 07:30:21 UTC
Bumping for dev response to these changes whether intentional or not.

These changes seem to be a step backwards.

If these changes were not intentional, I would like to point out that there are other ways of nerfing bombers without affecting the entire line of covert ops cloak reliant classes of ships.

There have been a few suggestions already and I'll bring them here in one post to condense it.

Reduce bomb damage or at least allow better mitigation. Armor battleships are far superior to shield due to the massive penalty of shield extenders and without the ability to somehow mitigate this, shield fleets tend to get absolutely ripped apart by bombs.

- suggestion a new skill similar to what was introduced in I believe Rubicon with the armor honeycombing skill would be highly beneficial to shield ships.
-introducing an explosion velocity to bomb damage would significantly reduce damage taken by smaller ships and would allow larger ships to still minimize some of the damage.
- half the resists on the bombs. This would half the initial bomb waves so the first damage wave will be reduced and give fleets a chance to respond.

If these changes were not intentional and merely a bug, please ignore.

But please do not let this change hit tranquility. Its simply stupid.
Dominous Nolen
The Graduates
The Initiative.
#27 - 2014-10-15 17:26:30 UTC
Bump for visibility and hope that we can get confirmation from Devs if this is a change being implemented or a bug. Personally I'd rather keep the mechanic as it exists on TQ.

@dominousnolen

"Fly dangerously, Fly safe, Fly whatever, just keep Flying." - Lee Blackwood

ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#28 - 2014-10-15 17:38:39 UTC
Thatt Guy wrote:
ISD LackOfFaith wrote:
FYI: I am redirecting other threads with feedback on this change to this thread. !

So your confirming this is a change and not a bug?

Nope! I have no idea whether it is intended behavior or a bug.

I'll try to draw someone's attention to get a more official response to this, since it appears to be a matter of significant concern affecting a large number of players.

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to Eve Mail or anything other than the forums.

Django Askulf
Black Rebel Death Squad
#29 - 2014-10-15 17:42:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Django Askulf
Pretty sure this was intended. Ive read that cloaky ships will decloak each other somewhere around here a couple times in the past week or so.

I dont have a reference offhand. But have certainly see it as one of the changes coming up.
Ashterothi
The Order of Thelemic Ascension
The Invited
#30 - 2014-10-15 18:06:14 UTC
Just to recap so that everyone is clear.

* A cloaked ship closer then 2k km of an object in space if forcibly decloaked and cannot cloak until they get outside of the 2km range.

* It used to be that ships that were within 2k km of each other decloaked, even if both parties were already cloaked.

* A few years back this was changed, so that cloaked ships were not considered when deciding if you were decloaked for being too close to an object

* As of the latest build in Sisi, the change has been reverted, and now behaves as it did (Cloaked ships can decloak each other)

* Players successfully bombed prior to these changes, however the changes did allow the bombers to be far more effective, have fewer mistakes, and generally increased the rate in which bombers were used.

* There has been no official response, dev-blog, or any form of communication to discuss if this change is intended, absolute, or a bug.

* ISD monitor the forums and keep things neat and tidy, their presence in this thread does nothing to confirm or deny the change.
Nolak Ataru
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2014-10-15 19:16:57 UTC
Aivlis Eldelbar wrote:

ISD consolidating threads =/= CCP actually gives a damn.
ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#32 - 2014-10-15 19:21:17 UTC
Ashterothi wrote:

* ISD monitor the forums and keep things neat and tidy, their presence in this thread does nothing to confirm or deny the change.

Correct. Consolidating responses to one place means we're trying to make the feedback easily accessible for both players and CCP. When CCP reads it, or how (and if) they act on it is not controlled by the volunteers. We just try to grease the wheels.

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to Eve Mail or anything other than the forums.

Yi Hyori
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#33 - 2014-10-15 19:22:06 UTC
ISD LackOfFaith wrote:
Thatt Guy wrote:
ISD LackOfFaith wrote:
FYI: I am redirecting other threads with feedback on this change to this thread. !

So your confirming this is a change and not a bug?

Nope! I have no idea whether it is intended behavior or a bug.

I'll try to draw someone's attention to get a more official response to this, since it appears to be a matter of significant concern affecting a large number of players.

That would be highly appreciated. Considering the magnitude of these changes, I would think more players would be concerned about thtese changes, but it seems the impending jump changes ahve everyone scrambling about completely focused on that one topic.

Please don't let the players get blind sided by another heavy handed change that does little to change the current issues but has large collateral effects.
Sephira Galamore
Inner Beard Society
Kvitravn.
#34 - 2014-10-16 07:25:43 UTC
Shuckstar wrote:
erm how about HTFU or GTFO Lol wasn't that the line being used about the jump drive changes and fatigue stuff on null sec dwellers?

Also i hope it is not a bug, cloaked ships next to each other should decloak them like they used to.
You seem mad, can I have your stuff when you quit?
Shuckstar
Blue Dreams Plus
#35 - 2014-10-16 10:11:03 UTC
Sephira Galamore wrote:
Shuckstar wrote:
erm how about HTFU or GTFO Lol wasn't that the line being used about the jump drive changes and fatigue stuff on null sec dwellers?

Also i hope it is not a bug, cloaked ships next to each other should decloak them like they used to.
You seem mad, can I have your stuff when you quit?

I'm not mad i like all the new changes including the jump one's and no I'm not quitting and if i did i'd trash my stuff and biomass my accounts. It seems to me your the one who's mad for not wanting these changes Blink

CCP Greyscale wrote:"OK, I've read every post up to page 200, and we're getting to a point in this thread where there's not a lot of new concerns or suggestions being brought up. There will be future threads (and future blogs) as we tune details, but for now I want to thank you for all of your constructive input, and wish you a good weekend :)"

Yi Hyori
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#36 - 2014-10-16 12:10:00 UTC
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=379671&p=3

Confirmation these changes were intended. Please go to the thread and **** on these changes. Such an idiotic bandaid fix
Shuckstar
Blue Dreams Plus
#37 - 2014-10-16 14:29:50 UTC
Yi Hyori wrote:

Confirmation these changes were intended. Please go to the thread and **** on these changes. Such an idiotic bandaid fix

mmm tears Big smile

CCP Greyscale wrote:"OK, I've read every post up to page 200, and we're getting to a point in this thread where there's not a lot of new concerns or suggestions being brought up. There will be future threads (and future blogs) as we tune details, but for now I want to thank you for all of your constructive input, and wish you a good weekend :)"

Yi Hyori
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2014-10-16 14:33:45 UTC
Shuckstar wrote:
Yi Hyori wrote:

mmm tears Big smile

Tears would imply that I'm upset about something being nerfed. This usually happens when a player's own interests are threatened.

In this case, I am more appalled than teary at these changes as they do not address the main issue with bombers damage application and instead change random things in an attempt to fix the parts that are already fine.

Feel free to read my wall of text if youre even remotely interested in what I am talking about.

Or drink my imaginary tears that you are conjuring up from somewhere.
Furious Tichim
OpSec.
Wrong Hole.
#39 - 2014-10-24 02:33:36 UTC
Not of a fan of this change. As said before, WHer's live and die by the cloak. Will I be moving out? nope, will adjust and adapt as always. But seems like we may be seeing less kills (or at least ganks) in WH's in the near future. I hope I am wrong....
Marcia en Welle
Doomheim
#40 - 2014-10-24 10:34:58 UTC
Backward step from CCP.
Previous page123Next page