These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Working in Spain

Author
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#21 - 2014-10-10 20:04:00 UTC
Pasa del trollaco, MM. Lol
NightmareX
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#22 - 2014-10-10 20:12:52 UTC
When it's about the crimes in Costa del Sol, i'm not worried as it's enough crimes here i lives to. So as a normal person in Costa del Sol, i believe you are all fine and have nothing to worry about.

Here is a list of my current EVE / PVP videos:

1: Asteroid Madness

2: Clash of the Empires

3: Suddenly Spaceships fighting in Tama

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#23 - 2014-10-10 20:19:50 UTC
How do you know, maybe someone would want to do trafficking of ISIS terrorists, or drugs there with your indirect help OP, I would be very carefull going to Spain, and especially there. P

I would stay in Norway and watch calm fiords in winter, weather may be harsh, but no mafia there I know of, maybe some smugglers of vodka, but I could live with that, very comfortably.
Grimpak
Manufactorum.
#24 - 2014-10-10 20:26:59 UTC
Bagrat Skalski wrote:
How do you know, maybe someone would want to do trafficking of ISIS terrorists, or drugs there with your indirect help OP, I would be very carefull going to Spain, and especially there. P

I would stay in Norway and watch calm fiords in winter, weather may be harsh, but no mafia there I know of, maybe some smugglers of vodka, but I could live with that, very comfortably.

There is crime everywhere.

It's there, it's just that you are not willing to look for it.

That said, "Terrorism in Spain" is pretty much laughable. ETA has surrendered long ago, and while there is animosity, it's quite civil.

As for protests, they only went wrong in Madrid. Pickpocketing happens in any "famous" capital that has a high tourist count, from Lisbon to Paris (last time I heard, Oslo is a bit too expensive and too cold to be considered a great tourist attractionP).

In sum, crime happens yes. There are issues, yes, but you're blowing it far, far out of proportion. This isn't Bagdad or Cairo, ffs, it's just IberiaP

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#25 - 2014-10-10 20:43:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Bagrat Skalski
And one more thing, Spain is near africa. Thats too close for Ebola not to swim on the boat of illegal immigrants. P
NightmareX
Dreddit
#26 - 2014-10-10 20:46:25 UTC  |  Edited by: NightmareX
Bagrat Skalski wrote:
And one more thing, Spain is near africa. Thats too close for Ebola not to swim on the boat of illegal immigrants. P

LOL, we even have one person with Ebola here in Norway now, so i'm not afraid about that.

Ofc, that person is under fully control and isolated, so no danger of letting the Ebola virus to be spread out so far.

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#27 - 2014-10-10 21:02:35 UTC
I warned you. Do as you wish, but don't get here on forums to tell us how it is to live in a corrupted, full of dying, ridden with criminals hell, because I will be here, laughing at you. Twisted
NightmareX
Dreddit
#28 - 2014-10-10 21:12:28 UTC
Bagrat Skalski wrote:
I warned you. Do as you wish, but don't get here on forums to tell us how it is to live in a corrupted, full of dying, ridden with criminals hell, because I will be here, laughing at you. Twisted

Meh, i will be fine. I actually believe that i will be much safer in Spain than i would ever be in USA for example.

But calling Spain for a criminal hell isn't true, because if it had been that, i would know all about it from the media. Not only that, but as alot of Scandinavians are down in Costa del Sol, i would absolutely know about the crimes if those crimes had been any serious by the Norwegian / Scandinavian newspapers.

And lastly, even this website says the crimes in Marbella is lower than Tromsø (where i lives now).

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#29 - 2014-10-10 21:36:18 UTC
NightmareX wrote:
Bagrat Skalski wrote:

Meh, i will be fine. I actually believe that i will be much safer in Spain than i would ever be in USA for example.

But calling Spain for a criminal hell isn't true, because if it had been that, i would know all about it from the media. Not only that, but as alot of Scandinavians are down in Costa del Sol, i would absolutely know about the crimes if those crimes had been any serious by the Norwegian / Scandinavian newspapers.

And lastly, even this website says the crimes in Marbella is lower than Tromsø (where i lives now).

That is only a survey site, every scammer or owner of shop with souvenirs in Marbella, every romanian pickpocketer can go and take a survey there to flip the votes. Like me. I have shamelesly contributed to the pool to see how easy it is. Lol
NightmareX
Dreddit
#30 - 2014-10-10 21:57:39 UTC
Bagrat Skalski wrote:
NightmareX wrote:
Bagrat Skalski wrote:

That is only a survey site, every scammer or owner of shop with souvenirs in Marbella, every romanian pickpocketer can go and take a survey there to flip the votes. Like me. I have shamelesly contributed to the pool to see how easy it is. Lol

But the thing is that the bad guys in Tromsø can do the same to Blink.

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#31 - 2014-10-10 22:17:58 UTC
NightmareX wrote:
Bagrat Skalski wrote:
NightmareX wrote:
Bagrat Skalski wrote:

But the thing is that the bad guys in Tromsø can do the same to Blink.

So the side that have more bad guys wins and is "safer". Marbella. Lol
Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
#32 - 2014-10-10 23:00:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Brujo Loco
ITT : Europeans talking about "crime" ...

WillyWonka.jpeg Big smile

Besides that, no Op, you are not crazy. Enjoy! I would love finding a job there or anywhere not in Africa/Middle East/Caucasus Region/Former CCCP countries. So Cheer up!

Spain is a very nice country, I have lots of Venezuelan friends there, compared to regular Third Wold Latinamerican crime, Spain at most you can get stabbed or perhaps mugged with some swollen joints and bruises, a gunshot or two and an occasional hate crime in the subway that ends in murder, but it is livable. Also the Golden Rules of the expat:

1) Know where you at all the time, stick to the "safe" zones

2) Get acquainted with local customs/taboos

3) Beware friendly strangers with "ideas" (for parties, meetings, etc)

4) Use local law lawyers of established firms over the "friend of a friend" when on legal matters of any import and/or involving
money (have EVERYTHING on paper with copies and notarized , trust me on this part, Notarized papers are your last and best resort, saved me more than once)

5) Never let anyone know how much money you earn/where you live/what you have, downplay your income and status to others

6) Never mix with a married woman or man romantically or sexually

7) Learn most crimes upon individuals usually happen either for money or passion, plan accordingly, don´t be a target

8) Enjoy life for what it is, take care of yourself, specially when the local government/laws and regulations favor citizens/nationals over you (and keep in mind things you took for granted in your country are non existent in the new one)

9) Always have a way for others (family, close friends) to know your whereabouts or current doings or people you are going out with (in my 5 years here in Panama for example, I have seen no less than 4 murder cases being solved for people taking pictures and posting them online for friends/family to see of the persons/entities they were dating or doing business with)

And I could probably go on and on, but the basics are there.

I have lived abroad in several countries for as little as 6 months and as long as 6 years, and I have been burned badly mostly due to inexperience and yet, I enjoy moving around. Nothing beats the experience of LIVING in a country instead of just passing through as a tourist. Once the honeymoon phase is over, you learn new things. Gives you a broader insight, can make you grow even, as a person and a human being.

My only tip out of the good advice some people have been giving you is LEARN BASIC SPANISH, it really helps a ton, when going into new countries and learning the language Big smile even if it just to have the most basics of "convos"

As a native Spanish Speaker I can tell you it is a very "Sexy" language too Cool

If you like, once the deal goes through, keep us informed how is it going there for you, I love stories of people that travel and live in other countries, for me "cultural shock" is a huge fountain of fun and discussion when chatting with expats Big smile

Good luck man!

o/

Inner Sayings of BrujoLoco: http://eve-files.com/sig/brujoloco

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#33 - 2014-10-11 08:52:14 UTC
Brujo Loco wrote:
ITT : Europeans talking about "crime" ...

WillyWonka.jpeg Big smile

Besides that, no Op, you are not crazy. Enjoy! I would love finding a job there or anywhere not in Africa/Middle East/Caucasus Region/Former CCCP countries. So Cheer up!

Spain is a very nice country, I have lots of Venezuelan friends there, compared to regular Third Wold Latinamerican crime, Spain at most you can get stabbed or perhaps mugged with some swollen joints and bruises, a gunshot or two and an occasional hate crime in the subway that ends in murder, but it is livable. Also the Golden Rules of the expat:

1) Know where you at all the time, stick to the "safe" zones

2) Get acquainted with local customs/taboos

3) Beware friendly strangers with "ideas" (for parties, meetings, etc)

4) Use local law lawyers of established firms over the "friend of a friend" when on legal matters of any import and/or involving
money (have EVERYTHING on paper with copies and notarized , trust me on this part, Notarized papers are your last and best resort, saved me more than once)

5) Never let anyone know how much money you earn/where you live/what you have, downplay your income and status to others

6) Never mix with a married woman or man romantically or sexually

7) Learn most crimes upon individuals usually happen either for money or passion, plan accordingly, don´t be a target

8) Enjoy life for what it is, take care of yourself, specially when the local government/laws and regulations favor citizens/nationals over you (and keep in mind things you took for granted in your country are non existent in the new one)

9) Always have a way for others (family, close friends) to know your whereabouts or current doings or people you are going out with (in my 5 years here in Panama for example, I have seen no less than 4 murder cases being solved for people taking pictures and posting them online for friends/family to see of the persons/entities they were dating or doing business with)

And I could probably go on and on, but the basics are there.

I have lived abroad in several countries for as little as 6 months and as long as 6 years, and I have been burned badly mostly due to inexperience and yet, I enjoy moving around. Nothing beats the experience of LIVING in a country instead of just passing through as a tourist. Once the honeymoon phase is over, you learn new things. Gives you a broader insight, can make you grow even, as a person and a human being.

My only tip out of the good advice some people have been giving you is LEARN BASIC SPANISH, it really helps a ton, when going into new countries and learning the language Big smile even if it just to have the most basics of "convos"

As a native Spanish Speaker I can tell you it is a very "Sexy" language too Cool

If you like, once the deal goes through, keep us informed how is it going there for you, I love stories of people that travel and live in other countries, for me "cultural shock" is a huge fountain of fun and discussion when chatting with expats Big smile

Good luck man!

o/

Well, he's an European moving to Europe, Brujo. Your Venezuelan expats may talk abot a LatAm expat dealing with other LatAm expats in Spain... but certainly a LatAm expat must deal with seriously wrong Spanish scum to have a risk like that of dealing with his own compatriots. People who stab each oher over females hang around with people who stab each other over females... but those are NOT Spaniards. Blink
NightmareX
Dreddit
#34 - 2014-10-12 00:28:53 UTC
Thanks for the posts so far Big smile.

Now, i have a question about peoples driving cars in Spain in general. I hear that someone says that peoples drives like crazy or idiots down there. Someone says that you have to be really careful to not step out on the roads if a car comes driving towards you as that can be dangerous.

Is there any truth to what they are saying?

Now to the Spanish tax rates again when it's about the income from the job you are working for. After what i have been reading here, i have understood that if i earn all from 0 to 17707 Euros each year, then i have to pay 24% tax on my income.

But as i will earn more than 17707 Euros each year in this job (yes, i can reveal that, but i wont say anything more about what i will earn each months or in a year), then i'll guess i will land under the 17707 to 33007 Euros each year rate where i have to pay 29.3% tax on my income.

Is that right?

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#35 - 2014-10-12 09:21:20 UTC
NightmareX wrote:
Thanks for the posts so far Big smile.

Now, i have a question about peoples driving cars in Spain in general. I hear that someone says that peoples drives like crazy or idiots down there. Someone says that you have to be really careful to not step out on the roads if a car comes driving towards you as that can be dangerous.

Is there any truth to what they are saying?

Probably they're mistaking Spain for Italy or France. Traffic in big cities is less "nice" and more "aggressive" than on small populations, whereas people from small villages drive very fast as they know the road after using it every single day. Also, some of the "road etiquette" usual in Scandinavian countries is not appliable to Spain, nor latin countries in general. FAI, if someone thinks he can go faster than you, he will overtake you without hesitation and as soon as possible. Some will do that even if they must overtake 5 or 6 cars in a row. There is a chance that road Stops are ignored and dealt as a "Give way" so watch out for vehicles not stopping properly. Roundabouts also may be ignored so watch out for cars shifting lanes to take the roundabout in a straighter line rather than perform the whole curve.

As for roads, most of them in the South have been rebuilt with European funds and are quite new and safe. Be warned that in Spain road police (a role played by the Guardia Civil, a military corps) is a force to be reckoned.

Quote:

Now to the Spanish tax rates again when it's about the income from the job you are working for. After what i have been reading here, i have understood that if i earn all from 0 to 17707 Euros each year, then i have to pay 24% tax on my income.

But as i will earn more than 17707 Euros each year in this job (yes, i can reveal that, but i wont say anything more about what i will earn each months or in a year), then i'll guess i will land under the 17707 to 33007 Euros each year rate where i have to pay 29.3% tax on my income.

Is that right?

If you're in the 17k-33k range, the income tax will be automatically deducted from the salary by your employer, so you really don't need to care.

Here's a fictional salary sheet from 2009:

The left column are the earnings, and the right column are deductions. In that fictional sheet, they're deducting 4.70% for the Social Security, 0.10% for education, 1.55% for unemployment subsidies and 15% for income tax (IRPF). That money is never paid to you, rather the employer transfers it to the State. So managing your income tax for a salary is about making sure that your employer didn't messed up (unlikely in the 17-33k range) and there are no other sources of income you should be declaring.
Grimpak
Manufactorum.
#36 - 2014-10-12 19:48:48 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:

Probably they're mistaking Spain for Italy or France. Traffic in big cities is less "nice" and more "aggressive" than on small populations, whereas people from small villages drive very fast as they know the road after using it every single day. Also, some of the "road etiquette" usual in Scandinavian countries is not appliable to Spain, nor latin countries in general. FAI, if someone thinks he can go faster than you, he will overtake you without hesitation and as soon as possible. Some will do that even if they must overtake 5 or 6 cars in a row. There is a chance that road Stops are ignored and dealt as a "Give way" so watch out for vehicles not stopping properly. Roundabouts also may be ignored so watch out for cars shifting lanes to take the roundabout in a straighter line rather than perform the whole curve.

As for roads, most of them in the South have been rebuilt with European funds and are quite new and safe. Be warned that in Spain road police (a role played by the Guardia Civil, a military corps) is a force to be reckoned.

pretty much kinda the same here in Portugal: if it's any like PSP and GNR over here, the Guardia Civil will be always on the lookout for any infraction caused by you, so that they can fine you, pretty much hunting for it.

in addition, from what I gather, in spain, if you park your car in a city that is flat (Madrid, for example), it is better for you to keep the car in neutral and with the handbrake disengaged. Spanish people like to park their cars in a quite.... "cozy" manner.Lol

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

Astenion
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2014-10-12 22:22:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Astenion
Bagrat Skalski wrote:

I didn't know Sicily was a part of Spain.
NightmareX
Dreddit
#38 - 2014-10-13 01:15:54 UTC
When it comes to transports in Fuengirola. How good is it there?

I believe i will be using busses quite alot there, so it would be nice to have some good bus transportation Big smile.

Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
#39 - 2014-10-13 04:52:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Brujo Loco
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:

Well, he's an European moving to Europe, Brujo. /.../but those are NOT Spaniards. Blink

But , but Spain is well known for being the place Priests looking for knowledge and Metalheads can actually summon SATAN!

Also, please correct me If I´m wrong but Spain is also the place where Evil Brotherhoods dedicated to the Destruction of Man reside !!!!

Big smile

Inner Sayings of BrujoLoco: http://eve-files.com/sig/brujoloco

NightmareX
Dreddit
#40 - 2014-10-16 00:22:14 UTC
NightmareX wrote:
When it comes to transports in Fuengirola. How good is it there?

I believe i will be using busses quite alot there, so it would be nice to have some good bus transportation Big smile.

Anyone have any info on this?

Previous page123Next page