These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Incursions Start here.

First post
Author
Marc Callan
Lucifer's Hammer
A Band Apart.
#681 - 2014-09-04 12:55:24 UTC
One thing I'll note is that with Hyperion, a lot of headquarters fleet battleships became much less cap-hungry with the buff to 100MN microwarpdrives. Probably the only battleship not to get a significant buff in this regard was the Nightmare, which is okay because it got that heavy-duty AB buff from Crius.

"We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be." - Kurt Vonnegurt

Nolak Ataru
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#682 - 2014-09-05 15:43:17 UTC
Marc Callan wrote:
One thing I'll note is that with Hyperion, a lot of headquarters fleet battleships became much less cap-hungry with the buff to 100MN microwarpdrives. Probably the only battleship not to get a significant buff in this regard was the Nightmare, which is okay because it got that heavy-duty AB buff from Crius.


In the Nightmare's case, the AB provides lower acceleration as well as needing higher skills to hit the same speed / travel time as the mwd.
Sentenced 1989
#683 - 2014-09-08 13:32:18 UTC
Nolak Ataru
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#684 - 2014-09-08 15:14:50 UTC
Sentenced 1989 wrote:


Awesome!
Goldiiee
Bureau of Astronomical Anomalies
#685 - 2014-09-14 10:22:53 UTC
I know the TVP ISN buthurt drama is all the rage to talk about these days so please... Take it here guys.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5018104#post5018104

Thanks I appreciate it.

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#686 - 2014-09-14 22:53:18 UTC
I have removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them. As always I let some edge cases stay.
Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil!

The Rules:
27. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued to the off-topic poster.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Jill Antaris
Jill's Open Incursion Corp
#687 - 2014-09-15 12:08:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Jill Antaris
Nephilim Mabebu wrote:
Hi, is it possible to run VG's with 5 players or it shoul be avoided?


It is possible, and in some channels not even something uncommon. Lowest numbers in OIC was 2 dps 1 logi so far and this is still ok to run sites(you need to bring the booster or some alt on grid for the payout, otherwise it is vastly reduced). However it takes considerable longer and the question is if it is still worth it. In OIC we mostly do it to keep the fleet running and doing 10-11 minute sites is better than doing nothing while you wait on more people.

However you might want to use 2 logis if you are not fairly fluid with VG sites and run a RR BS setup, since the damage intake lasts longer during the waves and the Logi should have a good skills and be fairly proficient to hold everything together on his own. Our standard Oneiros fitting can rep against 1350-1480 dps depending on the hulls and sustain this over the hole site if required(5m 40s cap without any implants) what is sufficient with good dps and a bit use of RR on the BS if needed(agro switch in the first NMC wave with 5 romis or the last OTA wave etc.).
Ludus Lucrius
WildCards 22nd
#688 - 2014-09-15 14:54:30 UTC
Hi

Just a small update for "incursion start here" incursion communities directory. IIC Pub have a small website with some basic info and ship fittings we use in our fleets at IIC Pub.


Sentenced 1989
#689 - 2014-09-15 22:59:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Sentenced 1989
Ludus Lucrius wrote:
Hi

Just a small update for "incursion start here" incursion communities directory. IIC Pub have a small website with some basic info and ship fittings we use in our fleets at IIC Pub.




If you want I am offering TIG's ship preview source code to you and 30 minutes teamspeak / teamviewer session to explain how to modify it for your fits
Nolak Ataru
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#690 - 2014-09-16 00:43:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Nolak Ataru
Jill Antaris wrote:
Nephilim Mabebu wrote:
Hi, is it possible to run VG's with 5 players or it shoul be avoided?


-Lots of helpful info-


You are also welcome to convo me if you see me online to ask about VG tactics, fits, differences between the sites, shoot order, etc. I'd also be willing to fly two guardians for you and your mates if you want, as well as offering my OGB to use.

E: fixed a derp
Sentenced 1989
#691 - 2014-09-21 10:46:34 UTC
Goldiiee
Bureau of Astronomical Anomalies
#692 - 2014-09-26 14:10:55 UTC
Bump

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

Seraphiel Angelica
Advanced Engineering and Research Division
#693 - 2014-10-03 18:49:07 UTC
You would think with all this focus on incursions lately, there would be more traffic in here Big smile
James Baboli
Warp to Pharmacy
#694 - 2014-10-03 18:51:12 UTC
Seraphiel Angelica wrote:
You would think with all this focus on incursions lately, there would be more traffic in here Big smile

Ah, but this isn't the politics thread. Those are raging pretty hard when an event occurs, and then settling down for people to smolder on their preferred coms.

Talking more,

Flying crazier,

And drinking more

Making battleships worth the warp

Seraphiel Angelica
Advanced Engineering and Research Division
#695 - 2014-10-03 19:09:39 UTC
James Baboli wrote:
Seraphiel Angelica wrote:
You would think with all this focus on incursions lately, there would be more traffic in here Big smile

Ah, but this isn't the politics thread. Those are raging pretty hard when an event occurs, and then settling down for people to smolder on their preferred coms.


True, I was more thinking how people would wonder what all the fuzz was about and then come in here and read up on stuff about incursions and the communities Blink
Goldiiee
Bureau of Astronomical Anomalies
#696 - 2014-10-04 00:40:01 UTC
Seraphiel Angelica wrote:
James Baboli wrote:
Seraphiel Angelica wrote:
You would think with all this focus on incursions lately, there would be more traffic in here Big smile

Ah, but this isn't the politics thread. Those are raging pretty hard when an event occurs, and then settling down for people to smolder on their preferred coms.


True, I was more thinking how people would wonder what all the fuzz was about and then come in here and read up on stuff about incursions and the communities Blink

I try to direct drama to new threads, not always successfully but I try. Lol

Things that keep me up at night;  Why do we use a voice communication device to send telegraphs? Moore's Law should state, Once you have paid off the last PC upgrade you will need another.

Dorian Wylde
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#697 - 2014-10-10 17:04:50 UTC
So how does one go about joining these communities?
Sentenced 1989
#698 - 2014-10-10 17:53:24 UTC
Dorian Wylde wrote:
So how does one go about joining these communities?


For those with open channels just go and join in their channel by going to join channel option in game and typing their channel name. (like WTM)

Some of them have private channels along public ones, but you get invited there later. (like ISN)

And some have just private invite channels, where you need to contact FC to ask about requirements and joining (like TIG)
Sentenced 1989
#699 - 2014-10-12 22:53:00 UTC
TIG has temporarily opened an public channel, can I please get Goldiiee to update the original post, channel name is 'TIG Pub'
James Baboli
Warp to Pharmacy
#700 - 2014-10-23 20:12:27 UTC
Sentenced 1989 wrote:
TIG has temporarily opened an public channel, can I please get Goldiiee to update the original post, channel name is 'TIG Pub'

I may just have to grab local tank for my vargur and see what the fuss is about. P
See you in space.

Talking more,

Flying crazier,

And drinking more

Making battleships worth the warp