These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

High - Low - Null Sec ebb and flow Warfare

Author
Kaemon Wynn
Woopatang
#1 - 2014-10-09 18:49:28 UTC
I'm not sure if this has been thought of, but has CCP looked into creating a system warfare that matches faction warfare? Large areas of High,Low and Null that ebb and flow between the System Security levels. I could see a concord faction, pirate faction and some null faction that people could join. Earn LP just like faction warfare and influence markets, staging points and such.

I would also think that it only ebb and flows between high-low and then separately between low and null to start.

Please note this is not being suggested so that players could act as Concord in high sec..that is a bad bad idea.

Not sure how it would effect ships that technically can't enter high sec, but I am sure there is a solution out there and is minor to the fun I think people would have.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Kaemon
Bad Messenger
Rehabilitation Clinic
#2 - 2014-10-09 20:01:09 UTC
CCP is so lost on way
Yang Aurilen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3 - 2014-10-09 21:14:01 UTC
So you want FW 2.0 except it's for the Grr Goons crowd?

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Baron' Soontir Fel
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4 - 2014-10-10 01:13:09 UTC
I'm pretty sure Null Sec will turn into a system based loosely off of FW.
Plexes ~ Occupancy
smaller objectives = plexes/deadspace sites/ratting rather than large objectives POS/structures

They haven't been touting FW very much which is really weird considering the amount of pew we get on a daily basis, but it's probably their most successful "content generator" they've made.
Balshem Rozenzweig
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2014-10-10 06:39:06 UTC
I think that if people were doing FW in all the sec spaces they would get bored rapidly and just leave the game altogether. As it is know you have different kind of content (same pew though?) all over the different sec status you can, like I do, lie to yourself that if your neighbors continue to **** you off you can not only move to a different system (that is bound to have freaking neighbors as well), but even to an entirely different meta (I heard there are regions of null that are neighbor-free \o/).

"NUTS!!!" - general McAuliffe