These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

W-Space residents: What exactly do you do all day?

Author
Viscis Breeze
Abrupt Decay
#21 - 2014-10-07 08:56:07 UTC
When I didn't have a job I never logged off...

Recruitment: http://bit.ly/1r4G5Pv Website: http://www.no-vacancies.net/ Channel: No Vacancies

Terrorfrodo
Interbus Universal
#22 - 2014-10-07 10:05:26 UTC
People afk'ing in POS are either bears or incompetent. Pvp players wouldn't want to alarm others to their presence and/or scare them off their home sites.

Although admittedly it doesn't really matter for very large corps because there are always some people visible for one reason or another and nobody would run sites in their home anyway. Still, good corps have rules for hiding their numbers, always. Pilots afk'ing uncloaked should be bumped out of the forcefield as a matter of policy Twisted

Jez Amatin
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2014-10-07 11:12:46 UTC
Chance Ravinne wrote:
In my line of work I spend a lot of time cloaked, cruising around w-space. Very frequently, I find players who are online, sitting in their POS doing seemingly nothing. Not ratting, not mining, not fighting or even refitting. Just sitting there for hours and hours. Sometimes there are three of four pilots sitting in caps, and they just end up logging off.

So my question is, what exactly is going on here? Is this some strange religious ritual I don't understand? Is everyone just joking around on comms and using EVE as a pretty screensaver? Or is it space madness?

Any explanations are welcome.

aside from all the other explanations, i'd throw in the years of ccp neglect followed by the ineffective hyperion patch... to be honest you're lucky if you find ppl afking in a pos, alot of the wh have no one in them. now it may be that some are concerned with concealing their epeen, but i prefer to keep the explanation simple:

- not enough people actually living in wspace (and too many bear / alt corps that switch to k-space when probes are out)
- incentives to leave POS are no longer what they were (low class income, amount of space work to do etc...)

/not bitter
ZenSun
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#24 - 2014-10-07 12:14:08 UTC
likely k-space people do the same in.. stations.. right? Roll
ZenSun
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2014-10-07 12:15:09 UTC
Jez Amatin wrote:
not bitter

bitter
Andrew Jester
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#26 - 2014-10-07 13:30:26 UTC
I sit in the POS to show that I'm active so I don't get kicked.

If thuggin' was a category I'd win a Grammy

Rek Seven
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2014-10-07 13:32:24 UTC
I'm usually watching you, watching me...
Ghenghis Kralj
Big Johnson's
#28 - 2014-10-07 17:08:46 UTC
If I am not fapping, I am smanging. Or awoxing.
chris elliot
Seal Club Six
Plug N Play
#29 - 2014-10-07 17:41:16 UTC
People stay logged in in w-space? Color me surprised!
Scrubnbubble
If we die it's lag
#30 - 2014-10-07 23:24:41 UTC
My day typically goes like this.

Hit D-scan
AFK
Open up LoL
Play a few games of LoL
Do some ranked LoL
Hit D-scan
Log off LoL
Log off Eve
Go to sleep.
Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
Sending Thots And Players
#31 - 2014-10-07 23:55:45 UTC
I sit in recruitment, spamming occasionally, wondering why no one loves me.
Adarnof
Kingsparrow Wormhole Division
#32 - 2014-10-08 00:35:51 UTC
Hang out in kspace. And spam dscan (does that nervous tick ever go away?).
chris elliot
Seal Club Six
Plug N Play
#33 - 2014-10-08 01:40:31 UTC
Adarnof wrote:
Hang out in kspace. And spam dscan (does that nervous tick ever go away?).

Nope it dosen't.
Hans Bonderstadt
#34 - 2014-10-09 18:06:55 UTC
Scrubnbubble wrote:
My day typically goes like this.

Hit D-scan
AFK
Open up LoL
Play a few games of LoL
Do some ranked LoL
Hit D-scan
Log off LoL
Log off Eve
Go to sleep.

And this is why W-Space is dead :(
Lack of content creation/creators

the trap is our venue pussy is on the menu

Saavik Ambraelle
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#35 - 2014-10-09 18:17:17 UTC
People who sit in their POS all day and AFK are either there to provide backup in case something happens, scanning the chain on an alt, or (most likely) waiting to be spoon fed content. Go out and tackle something you lazy doll bludgers.

Intoxication is the most effective of warp scramblers.

Streya Jormagdnir
Alexylva Paradox
#36 - 2014-10-09 22:41:07 UTC
Scanning. I do a lot of scanning. And hunting for targets! Camping wormholes cloaked in a dictor is also a lot of fun.

I am also a human, straggling between the present world... and our future. I am a regulator, a coordinator, one who is meant to guide the way.

Destination Unreachable: the worst Wspace blog ever

Fireflynine
Wormhole Exploration And Production
#37 - 2014-10-17 05:31:19 UTC
Play other games
Zara Arran
Overload This
TURBOFEED OR GLORY
#38 - 2014-10-17 07:30:16 UTC
Some things of what I do is more administrative stuff, talking to people (comms or chat), or just busy on an alt.

For instance, back when I was a recruiter, I was talking to potential recruits, checking API keys, forum moderating, etc etc. There are people who love to theory craft, so they use EFT to build and check fits. EVE is a game where you need a lot of out of game software (evemon, EFT, spreadsheets, whatnot), meaning... all the while seeming like you are AFK sitting at your POS ;)

The majority is probably AFK, playing another game, playing on another char, doing RL stuff or just waiting for someone else to do something though.
Previous page12