These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Do capsuleers without PLEX have rights?

First post
Author
Creamdream
Whatever Brah
#21 - 2014-10-09 01:52:48 UTC
ShweeBish SharvasiiB wrote:
Hello. I love this game. I keep in touch, I read the FB articles, I consider myself a loyal fan. But in my current situation, I am unable to afford 15$/mo to play internet spaceships. I have higher priorities.

When I am no longer pouring money into my account, my thoughts and questions on forums no longer matter. Im not sure how I feel about this.

How's that wall mart job working out for ya
Qolde
Valtam Of Nioavellir
The Wraithguard.
#22 - 2014-10-09 01:56:57 UTC
Because you have to have a subscription to play the game, and the forums are pvp too.


















Couldnt find the old picture to go with this :(

If someone craps in your sandbox: 1. Light it on fire 2. Grab your shovel 3. Throw it back at them.

Vyl Vit
#23 - 2014-10-09 08:25:33 UTC
Really. Pay cold hard cash, you're a nobody. Pay in PLEX and the world is your EVEster...er, OYster.

Paradise is like where you are right now, only much, much better.

Ditero Endashi
Protomonolithic
#24 - 2014-10-09 08:32:23 UTC
Opinions are like ***holes, everyones got them and they all stink.
Nevil Oscillator
#25 - 2014-10-09 09:33:42 UTC
OP:
When your plex runs out
You cannot log in to the forum
There is a remote chance that someone may have made a
sentient response by the time you resolve that.
Your posts remain,
Your topics remain
Christopher AET
Lethal Injection Inc.
Pandemic Legion
#26 - 2014-10-09 11:46:57 UTC
Is $15 a month such a big deal? It's like 4 pints of beer.

I drain ducks of their moisture for sustenance.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#27 - 2014-10-09 11:51:51 UTC
ShweeBish SharvasiiB wrote:
Hello. I love this game. I keep in touch, I read the FB articles, I consider myself a loyal fan. But in my current situation, I am unable to afford 15$/mo to play internet spaceships. I have higher priorities.

When I am no longer pouring money into my account, my thoughts and questions on forums no longer matter. Im not sure how I feel about this.


It's got nothing to do with rights, but the service you're paying for. Not being allowed to use the forums or the game because your subscription has subscribed is no different from having your internet, phone or power cut off if you haven't paid the bills. EVE isn't a right, it's a service you pay for. Don't pay, don't get the service.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Cidanel Afuran
Grant Village
#28 - 2014-10-09 14:18:28 UTC
Christopher AET wrote:
Is $15 a month such a big deal? It's like 4 pints of beer.


Damn, where do you live? That is maybe one and a half for me...
Jace Sarice
#29 - 2014-10-09 14:25:32 UTC
Cidanel Afuran wrote:
Christopher AET wrote:
Is $15 a month such a big deal? It's like 4 pints of beer.


Damn, where do you live? That is maybe one and a half for me...


Where do you live? 10 bucks for a pint of beer? You better be drinking amazing beer.
Merovee
Gorthaur Legion
Imperium Mordor
#30 - 2014-10-09 14:30:33 UTC
Only those who sub by the year get to enter CCP secret forum. Roll

Empire, the next new world order.

Cidanel Afuran
Grant Village
#31 - 2014-10-09 15:00:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Cidanel Afuran
Jace Sarice wrote:
Cidanel Afuran wrote:
Christopher AET wrote:
Is $15 a month such a big deal? It's like 4 pints of beer.


Damn, where do you live? That is maybe one and a half for me...


Where do you live? 10 bucks for a pint of beer? You better be drinking amazing beer.


The joys of cities....Something like bud light would be around $5, something decent around $7-8.

It would be $25/day to park if I drove to work. Somehow $15/mo for a game doesn't bother me.
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2014-10-09 16:03:15 UTC
Why the hell would someone with a PLEX have more rights than a regular player...?
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#33 - 2014-10-09 16:33:39 UTC
Rowells wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
He is wondering if without a sub does his opinion matter here.


Does the Eula forbid inactive accounts posting or is there some loophole? Whether or not hes allowed to even post is my question.
Nope, he's not:

The Rules:
1. You must have an active EVE Online game account to post on our forums.

Your forum account is linked to your subscription to the EVE Online service. If you are suspended or banned from the game, you will not be able to post on the EVE Online forums. If you are suspended or banned from the EVE Online forums, your game account will be reviewed and you may also be banned from the game.


ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Dun'Gal
Myriad Contractors Inc.
#34 - 2014-10-09 20:01:16 UTC
Christopher AET wrote:
Is $15 a month such a big deal? It's like 4 pints of beer.

Pretty sure you've answered your own question there, that's 4 less pints of beer to be drank.
J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#35 - 2014-10-09 20:27:11 UTC  |  Edited by: J'Poll
Christopher AET wrote:
Is $15 a month such a big deal? It's like 4 pints of beer.


Only 4...


Ooh wait, not everybody has a side job in the local bar and thus only have to pay for less then half their drinks.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Cidanel Afuran
Grant Village
#36 - 2014-10-09 21:22:45 UTC
Gallowmere Rorschach wrote:
Jace Sarice wrote:
None of us have 'rights' here. We are not citizens, this is not some sort of government. We are customers.

So that's why the IRS started referring to taxpayers as customers. It all makes sense now.


I am trying to post how corporations control government functions anymore without this post being deleted for talking IRL politics.

Did I do it?
Khergit Deserters
Crom's Angels
#37 - 2014-10-09 21:50:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Khergit Deserters
OP, don't think of it as $15 per month. Think of it as 1/2of one dollar per day. That comes to about 10 cents per hour, if you play 5 hours per day. Or 5 cents per hour if you play 10 hours per day. The more you play, the more of a bargain it is.

One the other hand-- If you spent all of that time getting ISK to buy one PLEX, you were working for only 5-10 cents per hour. That's below even what Oliver Twist got per hour in 1880 or so for washing bottles. So you're better off paying 5-10 cents per hour (which is a great bargain) than earning 5-10 cents per hour earning a PLEX (which would be really tragic). See what I mean? You have to do the economic analysis.
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#38 - 2014-10-09 21:54:30 UTC
ISD Ezwal wrote:
Rowells wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
He is wondering if without a sub does his opinion matter here.


Does the Eula forbid inactive accounts posting or is there some loophole? Whether or not hes allowed to even post is my question.
Nope, he's not:

The Rules:
1. You must have an active EVE Online game account to post on our forums.

Your forum account is linked to your subscription to the EVE Online service. If you are suspended or banned from the game, you will not be able to post on the EVE Online forums. If you are suspended or banned from the EVE Online forums, your game account will be reviewed and you may also be banned from the game.



so, no would be the correct answer.
Jace Sarice
#39 - 2014-10-09 22:35:28 UTC
Khergit Deserters wrote:
OP, don't think of it as $15 per month. Think of it as 1/2of one dollar per day. That comes to about 10 cents per hour, if you play 5 hours per day. Or 5 cents per hour if you play 10 hours per day. The more you play, the more of a bargain it is.

One the other hand-- If you spent all of that time getting ISK to buy one PLEX, you were working for only 5-10 cents per hour. That's below even what Oliver Twist got per hour in 1880 or so for washing bottles. So you're better off paying 5-10 cents per hour (which is a great bargain) than earning 5-10 cents per hour earning a PLEX (which would be really tragic). See what I mean? You have to do the economic analysis.


You are assuming the person doesn't enjoy making that ISK.

Also, you are assuming they are absolutely horrible at making ISK and can only make one PLEX-worth a month.
BrundleMeth
What IU Doing
Brothers of Tangra
#40 - 2014-10-09 22:59:55 UTC
Sorry...

I don't even want to know someone who can't come up with $15 bucks a month... Geez...