These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page

Forums not a good advert for the game atm.

First post First post
Author
Neutrino Sunset
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2014-10-09 11:50:36 UTC
Played since 2005.

Took a break in 2011.

Came back briefly in 2014 to see if any serious ship fighting development had occured, (it hadn't just a load of fairly pointless 'rebalancing' to make it look as if the game is still being actively developed).

Pop back now just to check the forums. Page 2, 24 locked posts, most of them with dozens of replies before locking, some with hundreds.

Remembered why I left.
Yang Aurilen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#2 - 2014-10-09 11:55:27 UTC
Stuff, has it. Contract to me. Must be in Jita 4-4.

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Cherry Sulphate
ojingo
#3 - 2014-10-09 11:58:04 UTC
Neutrino Sunset wrote:
Pop back now just to check the forums. Page 2, 24 locked posts, most of them with dozens of replies before locking, some with hundreds.

Remembered why I left.

you left because of some locked posts?
weird.

glad you qualified how much of a vet you were though; gave some much needed gravitas to your bitchy whine.
Misty Allure
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2014-10-09 11:59:12 UTC
I was actually just talking with a colleague about how I seriously don't know what the staff at CCP are doing with their time, what makes it even stranger is that content for Eve doesn't even seem like it requires much effort to produce. Some basic 3D modelling and some simple scripting would at least give us a change of scenery.
Prince Kobol
#5 - 2014-10-09 12:00:19 UTC
Most forums for games are this.. just not as amusing Big smile
Prince Kobol
#6 - 2014-10-09 12:01:20 UTC
Misty Allure wrote:
I was actually just talking with a colleague about how I seriously don't know what the staff at CCP are doing with their time, what makes it even stranger is that content for Eve doesn't even seem like it requires much effort to produce. Some basic 3D modelling and some simple scripting would at least give us a change of scenery.

You forgot opening up sql databases and randomly changing values Big smile

Also IBTL
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#7 - 2014-10-09 12:01:46 UTC
The percentage of players that even read the forums is vanishingly small. Any effect they may have on player retention is negligible compared to being driven from the game by complete asshats.

Mr Epeen Cool
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#8 - 2014-10-09 12:06:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Ralph King-Griffin
Misty Allure wrote:
Are you and your colleague mmo developers ?
Joshua Foiritain
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#9 - 2014-10-09 12:07:45 UTC
If you cry while sitting in the corner of the room it amplifies the sound. You should try it :D

The Coreli Corporation is recruiting.

Crumplecorn
Eve Cluster Explorations
#10 - 2014-10-09 12:12:50 UTC
Forum has depressing number of **** threads.

Decides to contribute one more **** thread.

More at 11.

Witty Image - Stream

Not Liking this post hurts my RL feelings and will be considered harassment

Ka'Narlist
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#11 - 2014-10-09 12:13:57 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Misty Allure wrote:

Yes, they are developing WOW 2!
(Text is in german)
Misty Allure
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#12 - 2014-10-09 12:23:13 UTC
Misty Allure wrote:

No, but you don't need to be a plumber to know that it doesn't take 6 months to fit a bathroom.
Cebraio
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#13 - 2014-10-09 12:32:25 UTC
Misty Allure wrote:
Misty Allure wrote:

No, but you don't need to be a plumber to know that it doesn't take 6 months to fit a bathroom.

Because changing (10 year old) MMO code without braking everything, is as easy as fitting a bathroom.
Cebraio
4S Corporation
Goonswarm Federation
#14 - 2014-10-09 12:35:20 UTC
Played since 2003, took a break in 2005, came back and still enjoy this game of spaceships. If you can't see how this game has changed and improved over time, you haven't looked very closely.

Also, forum threads are often closed because they contain no content, just like your OP.
corebloodbrothers
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#15 - 2014-10-09 12:35:58 UTC
I am curious if the forums used to be a place of peace and love before 2011, when u quit
I play since 2007 and with a s ubscription people earn the right to ***** forever. If anythign a forum says something about its inhabitants ratrhr then the game.

I am not goign to convince u, u played eve for 6 years, so u know what hooked u, and what drove u off.
The new chnages to null sec are looking promising, but in the end for me its often the player, not the mechanic.
So u have to make that call
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#16 - 2014-10-09 12:42:11 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
The percentage of players that even read the forums is vanishingly small. Any effect they may have on player retention is negligible compared to being driven from the game by complete asshats.

Mr Epeen Cool

If an adult gamer can be "driven from the game" be other people playing a game, they probably should have picked a less stressful pastime to begin with.
Yang Aurilen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#17 - 2014-10-09 12:46:08 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:

Mr Epeen Cool

If an adult gamer can be "driven from the game" be other people playing a game, they probably should have picked a less stressful pastime to begin with.

Impossible because "Eve is Realâ„¢". CCP said so. I'm sure OP will wake up in cold sweat at nights when he dreams of this thread and his internet space ship that got killed by another internet space ship.

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Misty Allure
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2014-10-09 12:46:54 UTC
Cebraio wrote:
Misty Allure wrote:
Misty Allure wrote:

Because changing (10 year old) MMO code without braking everything, is as easy as fitting a bathroom.

Some new environments, station models, anomalies or missions isn't re-writing Eve's backend. I'm talking about simple content. Go save the Damsell in distress for the 1,000,000th time why don't you?
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#19 - 2014-10-09 12:50:06 UTC
corebloodbrothers wrote:

I am not goign to convince u, u played eve for 6 years, so u know what hooked u, and what drove u off.
The new chnages to null sec are looking promising, but in the end for me its often the player, not the mechanic.
So u have to make that call

u wrote that just to annoy me didn't u?

Mr Epeen Cool
Ruskarn Andedare
Lion Investments
#20 - 2014-10-09 13:07:55 UTC
Misty Allure wrote:
Cebraio wrote:
Misty Allure wrote:
Misty Allure wrote:

Some new environments, station models, anomalies or missions isn't re-writing Eve's backend. I'm talking about simple content. Go save the Damsell in distress for the 1,000,000th time why don't you?

Guessing the Burner Missions aren't for you then
123Next page