These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Offworld Date Auction Fund Raiser

Author
Vulxanis Viceroy
Offworld Trading Company
Khimi Harar
#81 - 2014-10-08 19:24:18 UTC
Havohej wrote:
Vulxanis Viceroy wrote:
Eran Mintor - 25m - Havoj

You misspelled my callsign. It's Havohej.

30 Million for Diana Kim.

My apologies. Thank you for the clarification. I shall edit that.

In Character: Only responds to "Lord Draconis"

Pronounced "Vulzanis"

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4fanm8/eve_in_a_nutshell_and_how_to_crack_it/

Public channel: VXV EVE

Twitter: https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Vulxanis_Viceroy

Vulxanis Viceroy
Offworld Trading Company
Khimi Harar
#82 - 2014-10-08 19:28:09 UTC
Erin Savonarola wrote:
Khan Feng Zhou wrote:

I find it rather convenient that this "Nahmed" person has only posted this one time. Would not surprise me if he was hired to say stuff like that. I admit my saying so is rather ironic as this is my first time posting on the IGS, but I never had reason to before.

That does not make him any less correct.
For someone that claims multiple dukedoms, Vulxanis sure does have financial issues. This is actually the second 'fundraiser' he's held. If I were bidding, I would want to know a bit more about where my money was going.

You are welcome to bid on myself to have that conversation if you are so inclined.

Pronounced "Vulzanis"

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4fanm8/eve_in_a_nutshell_and_how_to_crack_it/

Ragnos Nahmed
Doomheim
#83 - 2014-10-08 19:29:32 UTC
Vulxanis Viceroy wrote:
And to answer the question previously, the split will be 80/20. As this is not an attempt at begging, merely an attempt to make things run smoother and more quickly with the raised funds, and the ultimate purpose is to raise money for the corporation, with the philanthropic works on the side. If you have further questions regarding my comments, you are welcome to ask me in a message, but I will no longer be explaining on the public forum.

So you freely admit that these funds are meant to A) support a for-profit venture where you and your corporation will receive said profits and your benefactors may deposit a warm feeling into their bank accounts, and B) go towards caring for your charges because you are either unwilling or unable to provide for them without help?

These questions are of a serious nature because they both call into question the legitimacy of your business and your capabilities as a Holder. Somebody with pure intentions would make every effort to address these concerns. Likewise, somebody only seeking to fleece the generous would make every effort to avoid questions and public disclosure.
Johanesse
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#84 - 2014-10-08 19:47:46 UTC
Havohej wrote:
Vulxanis Viceroy wrote:

I note that my bid of 30 million isk was previously placed at 2014.10.08 16:26.

Mr. Havohej's was placed at 2014.10.08 19:19, several hours later.

I assume, therefore, that my bid takes precedence and controls, being the first bid of that amount, as is customary in auctions.

Please confirm.

Le secret de la liberté est d'éclairer les hommes, comme celui de la tyrannie et de les retenir dans l'ignorance

Vulxanis Viceroy
Offworld Trading Company
Khimi Harar
#85 - 2014-10-08 19:48:40 UTC
Johanesse wrote:
Havohej wrote:
Vulxanis Viceroy wrote:

I note that my bid of 30 million isk was previously placed at 2014.10.08 16:26.

Mr. Havohej's was placed at 2014.10.08 19:19, several hours later.

I assume, therefore, that my bid takes precedence and controls, being the first bid of that amount, as is customary in auctions.

Please confirm.

It is confirmed.

Pronounced "Vulzanis"

Havohej
Cretus Incendium
Electus Matari
#86 - 2014-10-08 19:49:46 UTC
I didn't see that bid.

40 Million, Diana Kim.

Strike us like matches, 'cause everyone deserves the flames.

OOC Forums @ Backstage

Odelya d'Hanguest
Order of St. Severian
#87 - 2014-10-08 19:54:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Odelya d'Hanguest
Vulxanis Viceroy wrote:
Erin Savonarola wrote:
Khan Feng Zhou wrote:

I find it rather convenient that this "Nahmed" person has only posted this one time. Would not surprise me if he was hired to say stuff like that. I admit my saying so is rather ironic as this is my first time posting on the IGS, but I never had reason to before.

That does not make him any less correct.
For someone that claims multiple dukedoms, Vulxanis sure does have financial issues. This is actually the second 'fundraiser' he's held. If I were bidding, I would want to know a bit more about where my money was going.

You are welcome to bid on myself to have that conversation if you are so inclined.
How do you expect someone who cannot even manage a cattle-market (or a capsuleer auction) to oversee a holding? The tattoo on my arm is worth more than a meeting with Vulxanis, the Beggar Lord—idealistically spoken, and financially...

Many regards
Odelya d'Hanguest, Begum etc. pp.
Karynn Denton
Lekhantsi Salvage Depot
#88 - 2014-10-08 20:29:27 UTC
Erin Savonarola wrote:
If I were bidding, I would want to know a bit more about where my money was going.

I don't give a hoot, I'm gonna date a Lord! Cool

Karynn Denton

Caravan Master

Erin Savonarola
Doomheim
#89 - 2014-10-08 20:54:25 UTC
Odelya d'Hanguest wrote:
How do you expect someone who cannot even manage a cattle-market (or a capsuleer auction) to oversee a holding? The tattoo on my arm is worth more than a meeting with Vulxanis, the Beggar Lord—idealistically spoken, and financially...

Many regards
Odelya d'Hanguest, Begum etc. pp.

If you were not so rabidly anti-Imperial, you would be a fascinating woman to speak with.
Adala Andiun
Offworld Trading Company
Khimi Harar
#90 - 2014-10-08 22:43:33 UTC
I have been contacted by a certain "Secret Admirer", who wishes to currently remain anonymous for reasons of their own, and has bid 300 million isk on Lord Draconis.
Vulxanis Viceroy
Offworld Trading Company
Khimi Harar
#91 - 2014-10-08 22:48:22 UTC
Well that was rather...sudden.

Pronounced "Vulzanis"

Jace Sarice
#92 - 2014-10-09 00:24:42 UTC
25m for Lasairiona Raske.
Ibrahim Tash-Murkon
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#93 - 2014-10-09 00:49:29 UTC
250 million ISK for a poem from Admiral Shutaq. I always did want to be a patron of the arts.

"I give you the destiny of Faith, and you will bring its message to every planet of every star in the heavens: Go forth, conquer in my Name, and reclaim that which I have given." - Book of Reclaiming 22:13

Erin Savonarola
Doomheim
#94 - 2014-10-09 02:10:04 UTC
Vulxanis Viceroy wrote:

Not if you are going to bid on yourself to up the price. And I've never had to pay for company.
Vulxanis Viceroy
Offworld Trading Company
Khimi Harar
#95 - 2014-10-09 03:12:33 UTC
Erin Savonarola wrote:
Vulxanis Viceroy wrote:

Not if you are going to bid on yourself to up the price. And I've never had to pay for company.

I actually did not, if you can believe it. I honestly have no idea who the bidder is. I admit, I too am quite curious. I was genuinely preparing to offer options to Miss Denton for locations under the assumption she would be the winner.

Pronounced "Vulzanis"

Karynn Denton
Lekhantsi Salvage Depot
#96 - 2014-10-09 06:23:42 UTC
Adala Andiun wrote:
I have been contacted by a certain "Secret Admirer", who wishes to currently remain anonymous for reasons of their own, and has bid 300 million isk on Lord Draconis.

What the...

Lord Draconis, you surely can't expect this to go down well, when one of your own employees comes in acting for an "anonymous" party and raises the bid so dramatically!

Even if this isn't a rigged table, think about your own safety - it could be one of those awful Sabik sluts, or worse!

I'm playing no further part in this until you put a ban on anonymous bids.

Karynn Denton

Caravan Master

Vulxanis Viceroy
Offworld Trading Company
Khimi Harar
#97 - 2014-10-09 07:54:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Vulxanis Viceroy
Karynn Denton wrote:
Adala Andiun wrote:

What the...

Lord Draconis, you surely can't expect this to go down well, when one of your own employees comes in acting for an "anonymous" party and raises the bid so dramatically!

Even if this isn't a rigged table, think about your own safety - it could be one of those awful Sabik sluts, or worse!

I'm playing no further part in this until you put a ban on anonymous bids.

*chuckles* To be fair, this is not the first time Miss Andiun has been a liaison between myself and those who would have no normal reason or method for contacting me. She was, after all, my secretary for a decent period of time. Thus my lack of reaction.

Although I was surprised at the generosity of the bid, and the fact that they wish to remain anonymous. But as Adala assures me this person is a friend of hers who is simply rather shy, I am not overtly concerned.

Concerning my own safety, I have a vast security network, and would be prepared for such a situation.

Even so, I would not exempt myself from something that is a possibility for any of the volunteers. If there is a concern, I shall provide the security the volunteer feels is necessary.

Now, after inquiring further, I have been informed that the anonymous bidder did mention the funds would be transferred regardless of whether or not they won, simply that they wish be supportive. Apparently there was a conversation that I am not privy to regarding why it ended up being a bid, rather than simply being a donation, and I am not entirely sure how that happened... Nor do I expect that to be explained unless the person chooses to reveal themselves.

But that is inconsequential now that it is sorted out.

In light of this new information, I would like to officially extend my thanks on behalf of Offworld Trading Company, as well as myself, to "Currently Anonymous" for their most generous donation.

I shall also move that information to a different category, replacing your bid to its original place, and there will be no more anonymous bids.

Pronounced "Vulzanis"

Ragnos Nahmed
Doomheim
#98 - 2014-10-09 08:41:22 UTC
A scheme simple in its conception and poor in its execution. On top of what is, at this point, considering the complete lack of willingness by the host to address concerns of the auction's true intent, a transparent sham to extract money from the generous for personal gain we now have clear evidence of a deeper deception. To stimulate higher bids the Beggar Lord has had an acquaintance place an "anonymous" bid above the others. Then, when the lie is seen through he waves it away, no longer counting it as a bid, and declares his right to reinstate the previous bid and collect on it despite his unsuccessful fraud.

I expect that Vulxanis, as any good con-artist would, will ignore facts as he has in the past. Refusing to address them and removing any criticism from the public eye as best he can. Yes. The tactic of a con-artist indeed. A true Holder would address such accusations directly. But as Vulxanis is more a coward than a Holder I expect more silence.
Leopold Caine
Stillwater Corporation
#99 - 2014-10-09 09:08:23 UTC
Karynn Denton wrote:

What the...

An old trick I'm afraid, and a very poorly executed one. I'm afraid the only transparent thing in this whole charade is Lord Draconis' despair.

• Leopold Caine, Domination Malakim

Angels are never far...

Stillwater Corporation Recruitment Open - Angel Cartel Bloc

Lasairiona Raske
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#100 - 2014-10-09 09:42:34 UTC
Hmmm, I have refrained from commenting at this point, but after several issues of doubt, I feel that I must step in.

I am working for Lord Draconis on a contract basis at this point and I can assure you that his intentions for this fundraiser are quite honorable. I would hope that my word would be enough in this situation as many of you know me as a trustworthy and honest business owner. I would not lower myself to work for someone of such low morals.

If the money does not go to the intended purpose, I assure all doubters that measures will be taken to recover the funds and put them to a suitable cause.

Are you a devil or an angel

Sent here from heaven or from hell?

Sweet temptress, I'm wrapped in your tangles

Can't find my way out of your spell