These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Offworld Date Auction Fund Raiser

Author
Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
United Caldari Space Command.
#61 - 2014-10-08 01:39:06 UTC
Thank you, Ms. Shahni, I really appreciate what you are doing!

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

Ria Nieyli
Nieyli Enterprises
SL33PERS
#62 - 2014-10-08 08:01:53 UTC
Oooh, a secret! Tell me, tell me! I want to know too.
Ragnos Nahmed
Doomheim
#63 - 2014-10-08 09:39:24 UTC
Vulxanis Viceroy wrote:
Odelya d'Hanguest wrote:
Hedion University Dictionary wrote:

philanthropy |fɪˈlanθrəpi|
noun [ mass noun ]
the desire to promote the welfare of others, expressed especially by the generous donation of money to good causes.

Stress added.

Thank you! That is exactly what my point is! Thus my calling it a philanthropic endeavor. It is not for my own glorification or benefit. It is because I am interested in the welfare of those who have been charged to me. I am responsible for quite a few other persons, in my corporation and my holdings, and thus the entire purpose of this event.

For my own monetary income, I run security contracts or other methods in a similar fashion such as hunting non-capsuleer pirates. I am responsible for more than just myself, and have taken that responsibility very seriously.

So again, I thank you for defining and reinforcing my point.

As you have previously said a portion of these funds are devoted to your corporate operations. A corporation does not solicit donations to sustain its business. It is a profit generating organization. Either you are not profitable or your are seeking to expand. If the former then investment is unwise, if the latter then it should be sought through bonds with interest paid to investors.

Further, one must question the ability for you to maintain your status of Holder if you have reached the point where you must seek charity to support your charges.

If it is the case that your corporation is self-sufficient and you are able to meet the needs of your slaves without begging for aid then this event seem wholly without merit.
Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#64 - 2014-10-08 11:17:51 UTC
And no, Ms. Sol, I wasn't afraid.
Please excuse me for late reply.

I just don't want to... mine Veldspar. As for a date with a woman, there is nothing to be afraid of, because it cannot be a romantic date by definition, just as a date of a man with a man, as compared with a date of a man with a woman.

Elmund Egivand
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#65 - 2014-10-08 11:36:24 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
And no, Ms. Sol, I wasn't afraid.
Please excuse me for late reply.

I just don't want to... mine Veldspar. As for a date with a woman, there is nothing to be afraid of, because it cannot be a romantic date by definition, just as a date of a man with a man, as compared with a date of a man with a woman.

An appointment, then.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Khan Feng Zhou
Offworld Trading Company
Khimi Harar
#66 - 2014-10-08 11:42:23 UTC
*Khan is sitting in a rather comfy lounge chair in his captain's quarters, and takes a puff from his rather shortened cigar*

I find it rather convenient that this "Nahmed" person has only posted this one time. Would not surprise me if he was hired to say stuff like that. I admit my saying so is rather ironic as this is my first time posting on the IGS, but I never had reason to before.

*He chuckles and takes another puff from his cigar, allowing the smoke to swirl around his bald head before continuing*

Although, I do not recall seeing this much opposition when reading the forum posts of when my own corporation held this kind of an event last year. And especially from an Amarr. Rather quite the opposite.

My apologies Lord Draconis, but as I am still rather a new capsuleer, such as this Nahmed fellow, I do not have the funds to participate in this event, as much as I want to.

I do, however, wish you the best, and perhaps God will even grant you results akin to those enjoyed by InExile from last year's auction!

*Khan smiles and cuts the transmission*
Kale Silence
Doomheim
#67 - 2014-10-08 11:50:27 UTC
Ragnos Nahmed wrote:
I don't like the fact that you are making money in an easy way, and so I have to sow doubt to try and make you look bad.

Dude, I'm not a big fan of Amarrians. Haven't been one for a while. I've seen their bad side. But I've found this thread rather entertaining, and this Viceroy person seems to genuinely be trying to do some good. And that's saying something, coming from me.

So enough of these derailing posts! I wanna see more bids on Diana Kim. Make her squirm! Twisted

*gets out popcorn*
Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
#68 - 2014-10-08 11:53:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Diana Kim
Kale Silence wrote:
Make her squirm!

Please no?

Odelya d'Hanguest
Order of St. Severian
#69 - 2014-10-08 15:07:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Odelya d'Hanguest
Khan Feng Zhou wrote:
I find it rather convenient that this "Nahmed" person has only posted this one time. Would not surprise me if he was hired to say stuff like that.
I certainly would have hired him, had I known what he was about to say!

Many regards
Odelya d'Hanguest, Begum etc. pp.
Kale Silence
Doomheim
#70 - 2014-10-08 16:13:10 UTC
Diana Kim wrote:
Kale Silence wrote:
Make her squirm!

Please no?

Twisted

*Continues eating popcorn*
Vulxanis Viceroy
Offworld Trading Company
Khimi Harar
#71 - 2014-10-08 16:22:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Vulxanis Viceroy
Simply as a reminder, amid the many attempts to derail this topic.

The bidding stands at:

(Female Date Volunteers)
Diana Kim - 25m - Ria Neiyli
Lasairiona Raske
Literia
Shalee Lianne - 100m - Johanesse
Utsukushi Shi

(Male Date volunteers)
Vulxanis Viceroy - 25m - Karynn Denton
Eran Mintor - 25m - Havoj
Marcus Gord

(Non-date Volunteers)
Aldrith Shutaq - 105m - Foley Aberas Jones

And to answer the question previously, the split will be 80/20. As this is not an attempt at begging, merely an attempt to make things run smoother and more quickly with the raised funds, and the ultimate purpose is to raise money for the corporation, with the philanthropic works on the side. If you have further questions regarding my comments, you are welcome to ask me in a message, but I will no longer be explaining on the public forum.

For those of you who still wish to bid, please keep in mind the closing time will be on Saturday at 20:00. Thank you.

In Character: Only responds to "Lord Draconis"

Pronounced "Vulzanis"

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4fanm8/eve_in_a_nutshell_and_how_to_crack_it/

Public channel: VXV EVE

Twitter: https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Vulxanis_Viceroy

Johanesse
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#72 - 2014-10-08 16:26:23 UTC
As a retired member of the Federal Navy I hereby bid 30 million for Diane Kim.
I am sure it will be a pleasurable experience.

Le secret de la liberté est d'éclairer les hommes, comme celui de la tyrannie et de les retenir dans l'ignorance

Kale Silence
Doomheim
#73 - 2014-10-08 16:29:10 UTC
Johanesse wrote:
As a retired member of the Federal Navy I hereby bid 30 million for Diane Kim.
I am sure it will be a pleasurable experience.

Hehe I would pay to see that! Twisted
Arista Shahni
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#74 - 2014-10-08 16:45:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Arista Shahni
I will be there to Witness for Diana Kim (some call it a Chaperone?) to make sure that neither party leave such an event as meeting her for a date in a state in which was unintended by the spirit of this exersize.

Despite some people's apparent assumptions, this isn't a paid hunting trip or prostitution exersize.

I would have expected better, really... but I find myself often dissapointed by those outside of the Kingdom.

"I say that even as the holy and the righteous cannot rise beyond the highest which is in each one of you - so the wicked and the weak cannot fall lower than the lowest which is in you also.  And as a single leaf turns not yellow but with the silent knowledge of the whole tree, so the wrong-doer cannot do wrong without the hidden will of you all."

Vulxanis Viceroy
Offworld Trading Company
Khimi Harar
#75 - 2014-10-08 17:35:29 UTC
Arista Shahni wrote:
I will be there to Witness for Diana Kim (some call it a Chaperone?) to make sure that neither party leave such an event as meeting her for a date in a state in which was unintended by the spirit of this exersize.

Despite some people's apparent assumptions, this isn't a paid hunting trip or prostitution exersize.

I would have expected better, really... but I find myself often dissapointed by those outside of the Kingdom.

This is absolutely not paid hunting or prostitution in even the slightest sense. If it was, I would most certainly not be having volunteers, nor have instigated such a scheme in the first place.

I did clarify this in the clauses, allowing the volunteer great control over what they are willing to provide boundary-wise, but regardless, thank you for reiterating this. If security is requested on behalf of one of the volunteers, I will be more than happy to provide such.

Pronounced "Vulzanis"

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4fanm8/eve_in_a_nutshell_and_how_to_crack_it/

Johanesse
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#76 - 2014-10-08 17:44:30 UTC
Arista Shahni wrote:

I am an officer (retired) and a gentleman. Ms. Kim has nothing to fear except, perhaps, herself.

Will you also ensure my safety? Which I assume is vouchsafed, in all events, by the sponsor of this exercise.

Le secret de la liberté est d'éclairer les hommes, comme celui de la tyrannie et de les retenir dans l'ignorance

Vulxanis Viceroy
Offworld Trading Company
Khimi Harar
#77 - 2014-10-08 17:45:38 UTC
Johanesse wrote:
Arista Shahni wrote:

I am an officer (retired) and a gentleman. Ms. Kim has nothing to fear except, perhaps, herself.

Will you also ensure my safety? Which I assume is vouchsafed, in all events, by the sponsor of this exercise.

All provided security upon request of either party will be to ensure the pleasantness for both involved, not simply one side.

Pronounced "Vulzanis"

Arista Shahni
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#78 - 2014-10-08 18:27:14 UTC
Johanesse wrote:
Arista Shahni wrote:

Perhaps if you read what you have quoted, you shall see the answer to your question is already there.

"I say that even as the holy and the righteous cannot rise beyond the highest which is in each one of you - so the wicked and the weak cannot fall lower than the lowest which is in you also.  And as a single leaf turns not yellow but with the silent knowledge of the whole tree, so the wrong-doer cannot do wrong without the hidden will of you all."

Erin Savonarola
Doomheim
#79 - 2014-10-08 19:10:54 UTC
Khan Feng Zhou wrote:

I find it rather convenient that this "Nahmed" person has only posted this one time. Would not surprise me if he was hired to say stuff like that. I admit my saying so is rather ironic as this is my first time posting on the IGS, but I never had reason to before.

That does not make him any less correct.
For someone that claims multiple dukedoms, Vulxanis sure does have financial issues. This is actually the second 'fundraiser' he's held. If I were bidding, I would want to know a bit more about where my money was going.
Havohej
Cretus Incendium
Electus Matari
#80 - 2014-10-08 19:19:08 UTC
Vulxanis Viceroy wrote:
Eran Mintor - 25m - Havoj

You misspelled my callsign. It's Havohej.

30 Million for Diana Kim.

Strike us like matches, 'cause everyone deserves the flames.

OOC Forums @ Backstage