These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

hunting season open

Author
AssassinationsdoneWrong
Deep Core Mining Inc.
#21 - 2014-10-07 18:18:01 UTC
Public we ballsed it up apology transversal tanking awesomeness.

The Nexus 7's

What we fall short of in numbers we more than make up for in stupidity

Adarnof
Super Secret Spaceship Syndicate
#22 - 2014-10-07 18:33:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Adarnof
Step 1. Nerf wormholes.
Step 2. Nerf again.
Step 3. Ask remaining dwellers to throw away isk.

Normally it'd end with a ??? PROFIT step but somehow I'm missing the magic here.
Winthorp
#23 - 2014-10-07 18:57:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Winthorp
The more i think about this the more the absurdity level grows.

Attention Make reverse engineering changes that will cause the subsystem market to crash with no re balance of T3 subsystems.

Attention Openly say in a separate feedback thread about said reverse engineering changes that one of your options to fix the inevitable crash of the subsystem market was to mess with the RNG drop rate % of Melted Nano Ribbons. (So fix a HS industrialists income with no thought to the income of the WH resident farming said MNR's? WTF)

Attention Promise for at least a year now that a T3 hull and subsystem nerf/rebalance was coming that people had become actually excited about despite the inevitable HP nerf the excitement about previously mentioned Fozzie ideas like removal of SP loss, fluid rig changes and subsystems that are actually useful.

Attention So instead of the above rebalance of T3's and T3 subsystems we get "new tech" WHY? When you can't fix the T3's we have now would you release new T3's??????????????

Attention Why would you create an ISK sink that like Trinket said will inevitably be won by some logistic guy from the top Corp/Alliance. I hope they enjoy their name on some in game paperweight lel.

Attention When will you be hiring another economist? You really need to CCP.

Without knowing what the new tech is i am already dismayed at the whole idea of it, sure i will most likely build this new tech and make more stupid ISK from it but when we already have a T3 meta that could be so much better for more parts of the game then they are used now it just makes go /sigh....
Enthropic
Perkone
Caldari State
#24 - 2014-10-07 19:35:47 UTC
I have no words ccp
unimatrix0030
Mass Collapse
It Must Be Jelly Cause Jam Don't Shake
#25 - 2014-10-07 19:57:38 UTC
Well, i hope we will have some people trying to get into wormholes with the event.
So we can burn them all in the name of BOB!

No local in null sec would fix everything!

LarcatOfZion
Graveyard.
#26 - 2014-10-07 21:20:00 UTC
This is nothing but a ****** gimmick, and i doubt it will be encouraging anyone to try/return to w-space
Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
#27 - 2014-10-07 23:24:23 UTC
Jimminy Cricket, did I predict this or wat? SSC guy now offering to buy all blue poo for...lulz...roleplay.

If this is T3 frigate, I will seriously table flip. The only use for T3 frigates will be cloaky nullified Astero clones. Like, wat. Just make frigate holes as rare as V holes hi-ssec to nullsec, so people don't notice or ever encounter them more than once or twice a year as a novelty, and move on.

Also, what Winthorp said, 100%. We can all deal with out protatos having <300K EHP if we stop losing SP's when we blow up (and, not that I've lost many, but could we get those SP's back?).

I mean....not like anyone is playing wormholes these days. I felt like i achieved a great thing last night when i bubble trapped a hauler. ENTHRALLING GAMEPLAY ABOUNDS.

Though, yeah, totally going to be selling my blue poo for 100% markup this week. Some idiots just need to be idiots, and I need ISK.
Jack Miton
WiNGSPAN Delivery Services
WiNGSPAN Delivery Network
#28 - 2014-10-08 00:05:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Jack Miton
Wait, you want me to do PVE and additionally, go to kspace to set up contracts? let me know how that works out for you CCP...

PS: I highly doubt they'll make T3 frigs. HIGHLY doubt. Honestly, my bet is this is just lead up to the T3 rebalance/nerf, which is ironic to say the least.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Nolak Ataru
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#29 - 2014-10-08 01:12:58 UTC
T3 shuttle anyone?
Pancake King
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#30 - 2014-10-08 03:32:32 UTC
Teleil Zoomers wrote:
Maybe New Tech will be Tears Containers?

Edit: only deployable in Null sec Lol

I dunno, these forums seem like a pretty good place for it
Senn Denroth
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#31 - 2014-10-08 03:40:27 UTC
Wow I didn't know you bittervets could get any more bitter or cynical but you're astounded me yet again.

1. It's a lore thing
2. They just introduced frig holes
3. Because it's a lore thing they want to say: Thanks to Mik95 blah blah blah we've been able to use all this blueloot to reverse engineer all these new T3 Frig designs.

Blah blah blah stop being idiots it's a game. Either donate some or not, stop complaining etc.

PS. I will not be coming back here to re-read this thread because obvious reasons.
Pro TIps
Doomheim
#32 - 2014-10-08 04:39:23 UTC
Adarnof wrote:

Step 3. Ask remaining dwellers to throw away isk.

I am not impressed with this event, but the above is wrong. Players will buy the items so they can amass them and turn them in If you want ISK from your crappy blue loot, sell to those players' market orders.
calaretu
Honestly We didnt know
#33 - 2014-10-08 05:18:35 UTC
T3 battleships. One of the subs will be a jumpbridge with bonus to fatigue and hugely expanded fuelbay.
Hatshepsut IV
Un.Reasonable
#34 - 2014-10-08 07:13:20 UTC
Cloaky nullified scanning t3 frig with 40k point please.

Public Channel | Un.Welcome

Fluffi Flaffi
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#35 - 2014-10-08 09:31:33 UTC
T3 Frigates would be totally awful. Shocked

Just let it be a featherbrained attempt to increase wh activity. But wait. They have promised something new ... oh no, please no IMBA T3 frigates. The worst but best case I would expect from CCP now is a new Subsystem for strategic cruisers or something stupid for the nullsec people to counter the jumprange nerf. Anything, but no T3 frigates please.
umnikar
Fishbone Industries
#36 - 2014-10-08 10:01:11 UTC  |  Edited by: umnikar
Don't think it's a new t3 hull at all.

It will be more specialized subsystems as Fozzie said at some time ago...
scorchlikeshiswhiskey
Totally Abstract
O X I D E
#37 - 2014-10-08 12:06:14 UTC  |  Edited by: scorchlikeshiswhiskey
What about a new T2 Dessie built from sleeper designs? Big smile
I would really like to see more destroyer hulls...
Jez Amatin
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#38 - 2014-10-08 12:29:49 UTC
Senn Denroth wrote:
Wow I didn't know you bittervets could get any more bitter or cynical but you're astounded me yet again.

1. It's a lore thing
2. They just introduced frig holes
3. Because it's a lore thing they want to say: Thanks to Mik95 blah blah blah we've been able to use all this blueloot to reverse engineer all these new T3 Frig designs.

Blah blah blah stop being idiots it's a game. Either donate some or not, stop complaining etc.

PS. I will not be coming back here to re-read this thread because obvious reasons.

To be fair to the wspace sub forum, its hardly been well received over in the main thread: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=377938&find=unread

Lore aside, a summary of responses so far suggests that people realise its going to be hard to compete against THAT guy with his massive cache of blue loot. The only viable k-space competition is going to be from ppl buying up market stock to get space medal relevancy... meanwhile, there's doubt that many wh'ers will donate their isk to hisec agent for said space relevancy.

But I guess we must all be idiots for pointing out the irony of the situation.
Nolak Ataru
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#39 - 2014-10-08 13:56:17 UTC
Best guess, to combat their utterly mind-blowingly stupid attempt to nerf power projection, is it's a new lowslot module that reduces fatigue or increases range. Because that totally helped with the jump fuel right?
MooMooDachshundCow
Incertae Sedis
Get Off My Lawn
#40 - 2014-10-08 17:00:55 UTC
Winthorp wrote:
Really is this how they intend to arbitrarily raise the value of low class WH sites?

I really am at a loss here as to why CCP have lost all long term thinking.

Blue loot is not subject to the market, as such this has no effect on prices.

CCP sets the blue loot prices with NPC buy orders already. This is unrelated.

Yeah, well, it's just like my opinion, man.

Previous page123Next page