These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Oceanus Issues Thread

First post First post
Author
Sizeof Void
Ninja Suicide Squadron
#161 - 2014-10-05 22:15:02 UTC
Tool tips are too persistent, particularly when moving stuff around in hangers.

Please add button to disable tool tips, or increase delay time significantly for tool tip to activate.
Sizeof Void
Ninja Suicide Squadron
#162 - 2014-10-05 22:31:37 UTC
The top half of the Industry window should only open/expand, when you select "Use Blueprint". It is not necessary nor desirable to have it open at any other time.

Most of the time, you just want to check the status of Industry jobs in progress, in the lower half of the window. If you have a lot of jobs running, this requires a lot more scrolling than with the old UI, since the less-frequently-used top half of the window is fixed in size and takes up too much screen space.

At the very least, please add an option to manually resize or minimize the top half of the Industry window. Or consider changing the layout from a top/bottom format to a right/left format.
Sizeof Void
Ninja Suicide Squadron
#163 - 2014-10-05 23:58:13 UTC
In the Industry window, when doing ME or TE research, selecting an Output location which is different from the Input location does not seem to work - the BPO ends up being delivered to the Input location.

If you are researching a lot of BPOs, you would like to be able to direct the finished BPO to an Output location which is different from the Input location, so that you do not need to search, one by one, through the Input location BPOs to find which ones have been completed.

Also, it would be nice if the ME and PE values were visible, in separate columns, when looking at a list of BPOs or BPCs (as well as remaining runs for BPCs). When you have hundreds of BPs, checking them, one by one, is very tedious.
Eodp Ellecon
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#164 - 2014-10-06 02:00:33 UTC
d'Arma Edd wrote:
BUG: All PI shematics replaced with useles generic one:
Screenshot

Days later PI BUG Remains...schematics not showing info to create mixtures.
roxtarr
State War Academy
Caldari State
#165 - 2014-10-06 03:35:42 UTC
Every time I close Eve I get a Reference_By_Pointer BSOD windows crash. This only happens when I close Eve.

Windows 8.1 64bit
Shaggygoblin3
NECROTIC LEGION
Carebear's Fight Back
#166 - 2014-10-06 12:50:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Shaggygoblin3
CCP Gargant wrote:
Please post any issues you come across in this thread. For general feedback regarding Oceanus, please visit the Oceanus feedback thread.

I have not played in over a year (400+ days).
I do remember having an issue with fonts/text looking fuzzy/withered in fullscreen, but not in windowed/fixed window.
I do not recall how it was resolved, but it appears to be back.

I did some toying with my Catalyst and discovered that the issue goes away by turning 'OFF' Morphological Filtering.

Running Eve with any combination of settings on/off, while setting morph filtering off in every combo, fails to reproduce the issue.

I did search for Morphological Filtering. Results were irrelevant.

This Old Post gives a perfect visual representation of the 'Fuzzy/Withered Fonts/Text' issue caused when Morphological Filtering is enabled.
Angie Chatter
#167 - 2014-10-06 14:30:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Angie Chatter
Wanted to give some longterm Crius feedback/Issues, no clue if this is the right spot.

The new UI is so laggy and slow if u have huge amount of blueprints, that we resorted to store all BPC in containers and move them in/out of a personal hangar as needed.

Its a pain to even open the new UI if u have 10k+ possible BPC, since the window now stalls and somehow needs to "rebuild" the bpc list, even if u have already selected a filter to only show a fraction of the total possible bpc.

In general the UI feels way more slower and unresponsive, if u have a huge BPC collection, to the point where manually moving them from a personal to corp hangar per batch is now more preferable for us.

My point to CCP is, analyze why the new UI is so slow and unresponsive with huge BPC collections and cache, optimize this, so we can leave all BPC in corp hangars, instead of artificially "hiding" them so your UI becomes bearable. I suspect some form of caching will reduce those "hickups" and hangs considerably.

bye
Grave Digger Eriker
Doomheim
#168 - 2014-10-06 20:39:39 UTC
CCP Darwin wrote:
Regarding the visibility of cloaking ships on other players' clients:

Game design weighed in on this and the current behavior is within a range they'd consider acceptable (i.e. not a game defect). If you have feedback on the impact of the change from a gameplay standpoint, they're most likely to see it if you post it in the Oceanus feedback thread.
Kind of defeats the objective of a cloak if the enemy can see, for 7 seconds, before you actually cloak. They will be able to ascertain your shiptype, exterior fit and your destination !! So again interceptors will be waiting for you.

Also, please re-look at your graphics optimization this latest patch has had a very adverse effect on FPS it dips constantly when viewing a new target.
Jim Parsons
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#169 - 2014-10-07 11:52:10 UTC
Wow, didn't know of the cloaking not being instant "change" and thought it was always like this. I might petition my latest loss in nullsec with my covops then. Also, the date on your Patch Notes for 1.3 is wrong (Friday, October 3rd instead of today).
Darkblad
Doomheim
#170 - 2014-10-09 08:15:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Darkblad
Someone notified me about a possible change of how the reprocessing outcome gets calculated. Here's what he found:

When reprocessing a single block of White Glaze with perfect skills, 4% implant and no station take, he received:
300 x Isotope
50 x Heavy Water
25 x Liquid Ozone
1 x Strontium Clathrates

Since on of the recent Oceanus Patches - probably 1.3 - he only gets and I can at least confirm these numbers:
299 x Isotope
49 x Heavy Water
25 x Liquid Ozone
0 x Strontium Clathrates

Getting the percentages of the outcome - (outcome/block content) x 100% - shows this.

It appears like the new numbers are achieved by taking rounddown(raw quantiy x yield). Is this intended?

Original thread (German language)

The display of the actual reprocessing percentage also still appears to ignore RX-80X implants. Same percentage shown with and without implant. Units of minerals received certainly does change.

NPEISDRIP

Wendy Holl
Jita Investing Compagny
#171 - 2014-10-09 12:44:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Wendy Holl
A question about making t2 original blueprint copies

When i use a station or a POS i can only make

1-run copies of T2 shp bpo's
10-run copies of T2 drone bpo's

Before the previous expansion/patch i could make 100-run copies of drones and 10-run copies of ships

is this intentional?
Mixu Paatelainen
Eve Refinery
#172 - 2014-10-12 19:45:20 UTC
Sorry if already covered.

Jumpclone names are not retained when you leave a clone.

E.g.

Jump from '+5s' to 'Crystals', '+5s' gets default name.
Bashfulmerc
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#173 - 2014-10-16 15:34:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Bashfulmerc
The Customs Offices in high sec cannot be added to or taken from.

I lost a stack of items attempting to transfer to one.

Bash

OK problem is resolved !
Fixy FixIT
Iron Whales
Goonswarm Federation
#174 - 2014-10-17 22:50:33 UTC
Not sure if this has been posted yet (I just don't have the time to trawl 9 pages of bugs) BUT........

It seems that the Concord database has been hacked into by a virus known as Marmite............

This seems to be spreading wildly and is affecting even Non-Corp members !

100+ war's, I hear you cry but emails from Concord to guys who have left corp a long time ago ? C'mon Concord - check your databases for signs of this evil "Spreading"............

Seriously tho CCP .......... I have Ex corp members reporting emails from Concord about a Marmite Dec incoming even tho they left Loony weeks ago !

Please investigate.

Regards.
Lil' Brudder Too
Pistols for Pandas
#175 - 2014-10-19 01:04:26 UTC
Okay, since you said you want our current feedback in the current patches thread here is something i keep dealing with...

Whilst having the industry screen minimized, and a corp mate is installing jobs....it 'un-focuses' whatever window i have selected. Most easily noticeable (and least 'harmful') is the chat window. I can think of a lot of other processes which, if disrupted could be slightly more...uh...fatal. (not to mention the frame-rate tank MY client takes when the same thing happens...WHILE I HAVE THE BLOODY WINDOW MINIMIZED! )

Can this behavior be looked into? (turns out it is easy to test, just try to type in a chat while corp mates are installing jobs from corp hanger)
turbine2
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#176 - 2014-10-20 09:40:09 UTC
Fleet storage space is different between characters.
If I look at the fleet storage bay on my Mastodon it comes up at one size, but another character I'm in a fleet with has a different (smaller) size meaning that they cannot put stuff in it despite the fact it's not full.
I suspect this is to do with the application of skills (character 2 has a lower skill than character 1 for the bonus).
Bug report sent.
Amandarandom
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#177 - 2014-10-21 09:16:39 UTC
I'm unsure if it's due to the recent patch, as i've recently reinstalled the game, but Exefile crashes silently seconds after launch. It persists after reinstalling eve.

Launcher log:
http://pastebin.com/AMpk2epx

Logserver:
http://pastebin.com/fgrfMqiF
Luwc
State War Academy
Caldari State
#178 - 2014-10-30 15:11:58 UTC
http://hugelolcdn.com/i/177130.gif

http://hugelolcdn.com/i/267520.gif

Leonard Nimoy II
Doomheim
#179 - 2014-11-01 07:34:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Leonard Nimoy II
As others have probably already mentioned - when you are cloaked, ship become visible when you have the scan window open! not sure whether other players can see you on scan when this happens. However when you close the scan window, you can see the ship recloaking.