These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Intergalactic Summit

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Offworld Date Auction Fund Raiser

Author
Vulxanis Viceroy
Offworld Trading Company
Khimi Harar
#1 - 2014-10-05 20:16:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Vulxanis Viceroy
Greetings Capsuleers.

My corporation has found itself in needing of funding to help in our current endeavors, as well as my personal philanthropic works at my own holdings. Specifically regarding the education and renovation of the portions of my palace dedicated to my charges.

As a fun and quick way to raise funds, I was inspired by InExile's successful and interesting date auction this time last year, and so I have asked some volunteers to allow themselves to be bid upon for a date. The only exception being Admiral Shutaq, who will compose a poem in the honor of the winner of his bid.

The auction begins now and the bidding will end on Saturday at 20:00.

The minimum starting bids will be 25 million ISK, with new bids being at a base of no less than 5 million. There is no max limit regarding how many volunteers nor how much you wish to bid, however.

You will have until Sunday at 22:00 to transfer your funds to Offworld Trading Company, if you fail to do so, the next highest bidder will be given the option.

After the auction is finished, the winners of the bids and the respective volunteers are to communicate on when they wish to meet. Concerning Captain Shutaq, he said he would require a week or so to compose his work of literary art.

During and after the bidding, everyone is invited to Offworld Trading Company's establishment, The Otherworld Hub in Jita, for socializing and drinks. ((In game channel with same name. Also is in my bio.))

For any clauses concerning what is required of the volunteers, please see here

The volunteers are:

(Female Date Volunteers)
Diana Kim - 55,000,000 - Morwen Lagann
Cuci Cairi - 150,000,000 - 992
Lasairiona Raske - 150,000,000 - Eric Lancier
Literia - 25,000,000 - Steffanie Saissore
Shalee Lianne - 1,400,000,000 - Reginald Sakakibara
Utsukushi Shi

(Male Date volunteers)
Vulxanis Viceroy - 25,000,000 - Karynn Denton
Eran Mintor - 25,000,000 - Havohej
Marcus Gord - 25,000,000 Steffanie Saissore

(Non-date Volunteers)
Aldrith Shutaq - 255,000,000 Morwen Lagann

EDIT: Donation from Zenariae for 300,000,000 has already been received.

In Character: Only responds to "Lord Draconis"

Pronounced "Vulzanis"

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4fanm8/eve_in_a_nutshell_and_how_to_crack_it/

Public channel: VXV EVE

Twitter: https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Vulxanis_Viceroy

Odelya d'Hanguest
Order of St. Severian
#2 - 2014-10-05 20:27:34 UTC
May God curse your “philanthropic works” and turn your business plans to ashes in your mouth.

Regards
Odelya d’Hanguest, Begum etc. pp.
Foley Aberas Jones
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#3 - 2014-10-05 20:32:01 UTC
....Something tells me this is a trap...
Johanesse
Societas Imperialis Sceptri Coronaeque
Khimi Harar
#4 - 2014-10-06 00:32:36 UTC
One Hundred Million (100,000,000) isk for Shalee Lianne.

Le secret de la liberté est d'éclairer les hommes, comme celui de la tyrannie et de les retenir dans l'ignorance

Katrina Oniseki
Oniseki-Raata Internal Watch
Ishuk-Raata Enforcement Directive
#5 - 2014-10-06 01:24:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Katrina Oniseki
I fail to see the merit in these sorts of fundraisers. To me, it seems crude and insulting to all involved.

To the Host, it shows he has nothing of value to offer up for funding. No promise of return, no product to sell.

To the "Dates", it shows they will accept money for their company. There are many ways that reflects upon them, but few if any are positive.

To the Donors, it shows either they are desperate enough to pay for a date or they are inept enough to invest in a no-return situation.

Really, none of this is good.

EDIT: The singular exception is Aldrith Shutaq, who I admit seems to have found a clever way to earn an income with his literary talents.

Katrina Oniseki

Norrin Ellis
Doomheim
#6 - 2014-10-06 01:34:13 UTC
Kat, some of us just have a lot of spare money and spare time to burn. I'll consider bidding simply because I have nothing better to do.

For the moment, though, I really don't know for whom or how much.
Havohej
Cretus Incendium
Electus Matari
#7 - 2014-10-06 01:45:26 UTC
25M for Eran Mintor.

Strike us like matches, 'cause everyone deserves the flames.

OOC Forums @ Backstage

Elmund Egivand
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2014-10-06 01:50:55 UTC
It amuses me to see Kim in the list. I wonder if she knew what she was getting into. Or there is something else at play here.

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Foley Aberas Jones
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#9 - 2014-10-06 01:54:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Foley Aberas Jones
Now that i think of it..

I really want that poem by Aldrith...

I just want someone to make me a poem....with a lot of guns and explosions...25m on Aldrith

What you thought i was gonna bid on Diana? Hell no, i love poems about explosions..assuming he makes the poem about explosions...

Can i get a confirmation on if that is possible?
Deitra Vess
Non-Hostile Target
Wild Geese.
#10 - 2014-10-06 01:56:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Deitra Vess
Elmund, place a bid! You can have coffee together!
Elmund Egivand
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2014-10-06 02:00:36 UTC
Deitra Vess wrote:
Elmund, place a bid! You can have coffee together!

Hah! Funny joke, there!

A Minmatar warship is like a rusting Beetle with 500 horsepower Cardillac engines in the rear, armour plating bolted to chassis and a M2 Browning stuck on top.

Vulxanis Viceroy
Offworld Trading Company
Khimi Harar
#12 - 2014-10-06 02:09:47 UTC
Katrina Oniseki wrote:
I fail to see the merit in these sorts of fundraisers. To me, it seems crude and insulting to all involved.

To the Host, it shows he has nothing of value to offer up for funding. No promise of return, no product to sell.

To the "Dates", it shows they will accept money for their company. There are many ways that reflects upon them, but few if any are positive.

To the Donors, it shows either they are desperate enough to pay for a date or they are inept enough to invest in a no-return situation.

Really, none of this is good.

EDIT: The singular exception is Aldrith Shutaq, who I admit seems to have found a clever way to earn an income with his literary talents.

Please note that those participating are volunteers. I asked them all personally and was given their permission to add them to the list before doing so. No one is gaining any form of monetary compensation for their assistance.

If you read the the clauses, no actual romantic requirements are placed upon the volunteers.

In Character: Only responds to "Lord Draconis"

Pronounced "Vulzanis"

Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4fanm8/eve_in_a_nutshell_and_how_to_crack_it/

Public channel: VXV EVE

Twitter: https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/Vulxanis_Viceroy

Da Dom
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#13 - 2014-10-06 04:08:11 UTC
Does the rental item have to be returned intact...?

Because Far-que... That's why.

Utsukushi Shi
State War Academy
Caldari State
#14 - 2014-10-06 04:29:10 UTC
I will volunteer Lord Draconis.
Eran Mintor
Metropolis Commercial Consortium
#15 - 2014-10-06 04:56:35 UTC
Havohej, how I've missed you. What would you do with me on our date?

-Eran
Valerie Valate
Church of The Crimson Saviour
#16 - 2014-10-06 05:35:05 UTC
50m on Aldrith, hurr.

Doctor V. Valate, Professor of Archaeology at Kaztropolis Imperial University.

Ria Nieyli
Nieyli Enterprises
SL33PERS
#17 - 2014-10-06 07:22:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Ria Nieyli
I place a bid of twenty-five million Interstellar Kredits for the rights for a date wtih one Diana Kim.
Solecist Project
#18 - 2014-10-06 07:45:46 UTC
Although I oppose this horrible idea completely ...
... pity amounts are insulting to the person that offers herself!

Thus I feel inclined to make a proper bid for one of the greatest names the caldari militia has to offer!

300 Million ISK for Diana Kim!

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Diana Kim
Kenshin Katana.
United Caldari Space Command.
#19 - 2014-10-06 08:31:44 UTC
Ugh... WAIT!!
Nobody told me I could do just a poem! Can I really do a poem instead? And about explosions too! Look!!

Hello to space
You seem alright
And all your fits
Were made too tight

You're not alone
Keep cool your mind
With other ships
That you can find

They flying left
They flying right
They bump each other
Every night

And they explode
All around you
BOOM! BOOM!
BOOM! BOOM!

And they will pay
For all the crimes
Against the State
And Humanity!!
CHAAARGEEE!!!

Honored are the dead, for their legacy guides us.

In memory of Tibus Heth, Caldari State Executor YC110-115, Hero and Patriot.

IbanezLaney
The Church of Awesome
#20 - 2014-10-06 08:36:29 UTC

I see no point entering this auction as I already get to hang out with Diana Kim for free.

Big smile
123Next pageLast page