These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

L4 missions in a Kronos

Author
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#21 - 2014-09-28 06:34:03 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
Qui Shon wrote:
Mobbel Ernaga wrote:
Important: Use Bastion only if you have a stable connection and can be sure no DDoS is in progress.

Why is that?
Just came back to the game after a couple years, some new stuff here.

Maybe because you won't warp off and will sit there until you cap out? I haven't checked what happens on disco since 2010, heh.

pretty much, and if you don't have your tank active, well then you just have a petty limited passive tank that the npcs can fairly easily chew through. that said I run a cap stable undersized rep and haven't had an issue yet. when I had my pulse tanked (yet super over tanked when you rep 25% armor in one go with fairly high resists) LAR fit I disco'd with the rep off and came back to my ship in hull.

although sounds like CCP may be reimbursing losses due to DDoS

They are.

There's just way too many variables to consider to say if you'll lose your ship or not. I have 3 sockets closed so far and lost the ship once.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Aqriue
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2014-09-28 18:21:25 UTC
Must trains for Marauders now

1. Bastion module (gives small bonus to optimal and fall off, raises resist a little, nearly doubles rep amount...and makes you immune to most EWAR like jamming/damping rats). Trade off is 60 second cycle of non-movement, basically a siege cycle.
2. Micro Jump Drive. Not Micro Warp Drive, Jump. For Marauders, its 100 km instant movement from where you where and like 60 second recharge (3 minutes normal activation). Makes for a good web/scram GTFO of dodge and reposition tool. Fun for sniping as well or getting in the thick of things (like WC first room where the rats are over 100 km away and you have blasters).

They don't really need to be trained beyond 3, 4 at most as 5 is next to useless for the benefit it gives. But I love having a double prop Vargur and increased rep with EWAR immunity...can get beyond the webbers for breathing space or in their face Minmatar daka-daka loving. Still working on a better fit, but either 1400mm sniper (recycle time kills it though, but the faction ammo cost is way down for the massive damage it does Lol) for some of the long range missions or a MWD/MJD fit with 800mm which I am enjoying again. Would be similar to a rail fit or blaster fit kronos dependent on the mission.
Dorian Wylde
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#23 - 2014-09-28 19:10:07 UTC
hmskrecik wrote:

Quote:
I wanted to ask you guys to recommend a fitting for flying Gallente L4 missions in high-sec.

- 4 guns
- bastion
- 1 or 2 tracking computers
- 1 repper
- 1 mission specific hardener
- 1 cap module or rig (to keep guns stable)
- 4 or 5 magstabs
- optional AB/MWD/MJD

and there is very little number of ways you can go wrong with filling remaining slots.

5 mag stabs is a waste of a slot, anything over 4 is pointless. Use 2 hardeners, even with bastion some of the newer missions put out a lot of damage.
hmskrecik
TransMine Group
Gluten Free Cartel
#24 - 2014-09-28 19:43:23 UTC
Dorian Wylde wrote:
hmskrecik wrote:

Quote:
I wanted to ask you guys to recommend a fitting for flying Gallente L4 missions in high-sec.

- 4 guns
- bastion
- 1 or 2 tracking computers
- 1 repper
- 1 mission specific hardener
- 1 cap module or rig (to keep guns stable)
- 4 or 5 magstabs
- optional AB/MWD/MJD

and there is very little number of ways you can go wrong with filling remaining slots.

5 mag stabs is a waste of a slot, anything over 4 is pointless. Use 2 hardeners, even with bastion some of the newer missions put out a lot of damage.

I don't know what L4 missions(*) are you referring to but neither AE bonus nor Dread Pirate did call for more than one hardener. And I have been using Reactive because I grew lazy.

As for the magstabs, even this 20-ish dps increase counts towards faster mission completion and honestly, with this ubertank there is not much else worth putting into the slot.

(*) Epic arcs are another story. There I'd recommend using 2 or even 3 hardeners, depending on exact mission.
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#25 - 2014-09-29 03:50:17 UTC
The Assault can put out 2k+ as well as a couple others.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Mobbel Ernaga
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#26 - 2014-09-29 13:28:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Mobbel Ernaga
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
that said I run a cap stable undersized rep and haven't had an issue yet.

Tell your Permatank tales somewhere else or actually try it before you bring those silly suggestions and NO, I won't well you why it's crap. Only option is a passive tank but there are some disadvantages then...well...

hmskrecik wrote:

I don't know what L4 missions(*) are you referring to but neither AE bonus nor Dread Pirate did call for more than one hardener. And I have been using Reactive because I grew lazy.

streaming video.
hmskrecik
TransMine Group
Gluten Free Cartel
#27 - 2014-09-29 19:19:04 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:
The Assault can put out 2k+ as well as a couple others.

You've got me here. It's been long time since I did that mission and honestly I don't remember which setup exactly I've been using - now not only I don't mission too ofter but also when I do, I do for an agent which doesn't offer Assaults.

But even if this one required slightly beefed tank, this is exactly why I keep hammering down this point: it is what Mobile Depots are for. Even if you underestimate the mission and things start to go south, while you bastion you can deploy the depot and refit after the cycle. No need to fly with extra hardener which will be overkill for most of remaining missions.
hmskrecik
TransMine Group
Gluten Free Cartel
#28 - 2014-09-29 19:20:08 UTC
Mobbel Ernaga wrote:

hmskrecik wrote:

streaming video.

I don't know this one and eve-survival doesn't mention it too. Care to share some details about it?
Mobbel Ernaga
Caldari State
#29 - 2014-09-30 11:43:34 UTC
This game is PEGI 12 so...no, sorry.
Marquis Dean
Skaecorp
#30 - 2014-09-30 17:17:03 UTC
Awesome.

I'm sticking with the rails fit. I like the MJD and the mobile depot, I've started using them and I recommend them. Other than that everything seems to be more or less within expectations.

I do, also, believe that with the bastion module some missions can definitely be completed with only 1 hardener in the Kronos marauder, but I would only suggest doing that if you want to fly the rail fit because otherwise it could get uncomfortable. This is my personal opinion and I encourage everybody to test and try their ideas as they see fit Blink

Thank you for weighing in, and fly safe!

P.S. This post has finished fulfilling it's purpose

hmskrecik
TransMine Group
Gluten Free Cartel
#31 - 2014-09-30 17:37:30 UTC
Marquis Dean wrote:

I do, also, believe that with the bastion module some missions can definitely be completed with only 1 hardener in the Kronos marauder, but I would only suggest doing that if you want to fly the rail fit because otherwise it could get uncomfortable.

With blasters you experience something called a "gun tank": even with inadequate tank you kill them faster than they kill you. Prime example is Damsel in Distress. Of course you need to be in the right place at the right time and know your ship very well to do that, so I wouldn't recommend doing it to a beginner. But seeing it work is priceless, if quite exciting at times.
Mobbel Ernaga
Caldari State
#32 - 2014-10-02 12:19:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Mobbel Ernaga
Marquis Dean wrote:
I do, also, believe that with the bastion module some missions can definitely be completed with only 1 hardener in the Kronos marauder, but I would only suggest doing that if you want to fly the rail fit because otherwise it could get uncomfortable. This is my personal opinion and I encourage everybody to test and try their ideas as they see fit Blink

The thing with bastion is not the single hardner that may do the job, the dps bonus for the 5th dmgmod is just so small it doesn't really matter if you use that or a second hardener. The big problem bastion solves is ewar, no more jamming, dampening, tracking disruption...how many dps do you loose while being unable to shoot the scumbags? thats what makes the real difference...beside the thrill when you realize you will stay in position and get popped if you disconnect for whatever reason (DDoS is only one) within the next 60 seconds and not be able to reconnect in a very short time. So you're better off trashing the shizz and buying a really good ship.

hmskrecik wrote:
But seeing it work is priceless, if quite exciting at times.

It jumps from exciting to awesome if you sell the Kronos and buy a Vindicator for your blasters.
Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#33 - 2014-10-02 17:29:50 UTC
You can still lose a Vindi or Macherial to a DDoS attack, because some missions do have frigs that warp scramble you. EWarp does not work if you are scrammed.
Mobbel Ernaga
Caldari State
#34 - 2014-10-02 17:53:59 UTC
So everythings fine, they add stuff that doesn't work and don't fix it - if someone complains someone else jumps in just to notify him that the same may happen even without the bugged stuff involved?
Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#35 - 2014-10-02 20:25:02 UTC
Of course. That is EVE. Don't fly what you can't afford to lose.
Mobbel Ernaga
Caldari State
#36 - 2014-10-03 12:06:28 UTC
No, it's simply bullshizz. It's not about loosing something or not, it's about an obvious bug that CCP gives a damn shizz about, instead they spent time on localization crap, "improved" animations and new outfits for their ingame shop. Funny sidenote here, even the bastion animation doesn't work properly after a year (set autorepeat off and enable right after end of cycle...the "off" animation continues and while the "on" animation is skipped).

The point is: If you do something do it right, not only with one half of your azz! That's what CCP did in the past but since Incarna the quality is going down dramatically but for most people this seems to be OK.
Arsine Mayhem
Doomheim
#37 - 2014-10-15 15:48:44 UTC
Most missions with a blaster fit, travel time will eat up your overall dps. It's easy to test, just swap weapons. Bring a mobile depot.

[Kronos, Rail]

Federation Navy Magnetic Field Stabilizer
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Core B-Type Large Armor Repairer

Tracking Computer II
Republic Fleet 100MN Afterburner
Large Micro Jump Drive
Heavy Capacitor Booster II, Cap Booster 800

425mm Railgun II, Javelin L
Bastion Module I
Drone Link Augmentor II
[Empty High slot]
[Empty High slot]

Large Hybrid Collision Accelerator II
Large Anti-Explosive Pump II

Hobgoblin II x5
Hammerhead II x5
Cap Booster 800 x20
Javelin L x5000
Federation Navy Antimatter Charge L x5000
GordonO
BURN EDEN
#38 - 2014-10-15 19:09:01 UTC
A mostly t2 fit that is cap stable does just fine. I dc a fair amount so the below works for me. I carry a mobile depo to switch to rails when needed.

bastion
4 x balsters

cap recharger
republic fleet 100mn mwd - cheapest one that "bleeds" less cap and help to make this cap stable (only non t2 mod I use)
2 x webs

3 x mag stabs
DC
2 x energized adaptive ( you have a small explosive hole, but I use varg for angels)
large armor rep

2 x T2 cap rigs

I don't like mjd's they too complicated to get too gates, and I need to be cap stable and overtanked as my 2 yr old sony via laptop is a piece of junk that keeps blue screening. even with a clean install.. don't buy one Cry

... What next ??

Previous page12