These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev Blog: Long-Distance Travel Changes Inbound

First post First post First post
Author
Crazy Bjorn
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#2741 - 2014-10-02 07:50:15 UTC
bear mcgreedy wrote:
Phillips Helljumper wrote:
Love these changes. If you cant adapt to these changes move to high sec and sell all your caps. Pirate

If you cant defend your 5 regions with a cap blob dumb off some space you have too much.
There is already a loop hole to this its called titans. And god forbid you have to use a sub cap fleet to fight with while your 300 carriers slow jump gates\cynos.

Stop making threats that your going to unsub we know your not and if you really want too, just contract your stuff to me ill make good use of it.

All this means is you now have to plan out and pre station caps near a timer or fight, sorry you cant drop that fleet from 4 regions away.

The reason so many of you dislike this is it might cause you to have to think and plan how you will get caps into a fight, and you might have to risk a few things to get them there. Also nothing is set in stone and this is a dev blog not the patch notes so wait till it goes through testing and discussion before you blow a gasket and fire sale all your things.

Wspace got their nurf and we still are still around and have adapted, your play null sec o7


you really don't get it .... with these changes certain regions are simply unaccessible and no one will want or attack them making 0.0 stagnant


Isn't null already stagnant, are there not already systems that are basically space deserts that no one goes to. I can see why the cap pilots are all shedding tears, however the game will evolve and new tactics will emerge. If this leads to the break up and re-distribution of space from what it is now, then CCP will have in part succeeded. For al the people who are talking about rage quitting, I thought it was a game played by adults who should be used to life giving them the odd kick in the teeth. Move out or move forward folks as there is no other option.
OldWolf69
Militaris Industries
Northern Coalition.
#2742 - 2014-10-02 07:51:13 UTC
Selexid wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
[quote=Selexid]

Escorted Convoys

Feel free to try this, I look forwards to your ALOD.



Obviously there will be losses, but isn't that the point?

Why 2-3 dedicated guys should be able to haul ships for 1000 players so they can drop a random ratter in Provi? If you want to be big, be big, but WORK more for it.

Solid point, if all this would not realy on gatting caught or not mechanics. But sadly is uber easy to catch people and uber0hard to avoid it, IF ppl really want to get you, so i fail to see this as a viable option. Now some will say a lot of ppl do fine, but look a bit closer: catching people hauling is not truly somethign organised or pointed right now. They gank mostly what they can get randomly. Just try to put a bit more of work on catching ppl and you will double market prices because of losses. Will be fun to see. Lol
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2743 - 2014-10-02 07:51:16 UTC
Selexid wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
[quote=Selexid]

Escorted Convoys

Feel free to try this, I look forwards to your ALOD.



Obviously there will be losses, but isn't that the point?

Why 2-3 dedicated guys should be able to haul ships for 1000 players so they can drop a random ratter in Provi? If you want to be big, be big, but WORK more for it.


We arn't the ones that this will be impacting badly, its the people who do not have our numbers that live in the further parts of null that will suffer.
Rek Seven
The Persuaders
#2744 - 2014-10-02 07:51:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Rek Seven
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
This thread makes one thing very clear: there's no change that wouldn't make baltec1 go "meh, we already adapted to it" :)


He's the original EVE hipster: "I started feeling fatigue before CCP implemented it"

I've never known anyone who talks so much but says so little. Blink
OldWolf69
Militaris Industries
Northern Coalition.
#2745 - 2014-10-02 07:52:48 UTC
Marc Durant wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Marc Durant wrote:


Why not, because it won't be able to keep the status quo? That's the point!


Btw, I love how all the 0.0 sock puppet alts are whining like mad atm, this thread is a day old and close to 140 pages. It's hilarious.


Feel free to try to get a freighter from high sec to to outer edges of null through hostile space.


It's null sec; it should take effort, be dangerous and not necessarily easily accessible. It would make different parts of null sec more desirable than others and thus fuel feuds. Insta travel is fcking dmb because it allows you to skip content and gameworld. Also, we did it back then, worked just fine.

I thought you folks liked the HTFU idea? No?

How about to make it for the attackers same difficult then?Lol
bigman111222
Dead's Prostitutes
Initiative Mercenaries
#2746 - 2014-10-02 07:53:56 UTC
I suggest we have one last big titan and super fight with PL/N3 the day before the patch. The winner wins EVE. The End. Unsub
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2747 - 2014-10-02 07:55:35 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
This thread makes one thing very clear: there's no change that wouldn't make baltec1 go "meh, we already adapted to it" :)


He's the original EVE hipster: "I started feeling fatigue before CCP implemented it"

I've never known anyone who talks so much but says so little. Blink


Given that our current defensive setup has sigs located across our space in a way that means they can respond quickly to any attack on our sov and dont need to rely upon capitals or jump bridges I would say yea, we are going to be just fine.
marVLs
#2748 - 2014-10-02 07:56:29 UTC  |  Edited by: marVLs
baltec1 wrote:


Escorted Convoys

Feel free to try this, I look forwards to your ALOD.



Same here with Your pvp marauders Lol



Edit. Don't want to make new post, video You linked isn't You, and i don't see marauders fleets, and You constantly using them (You scream about it soooo much in marauders topic and now... so yup You loose i win)
Deych
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#2749 - 2014-10-02 07:56:32 UTC
bigman111222 wrote:
I suggest we have one last big titan and super fight with PL/N3 the day before the patch. The winner wins EVE. The End. Unsub


There is no need to fight for CFC and N3/PL. Don't you see? And no one can hurt them now.
Cabult 0103
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2750 - 2014-10-02 07:57:07 UTC
Some questions when a 200 or so cap fleet using a gate. What is going to happen tidi or the traffic control. Warping across a system in a cap is a timely process as it is already now you made it take longer because of tidi. Now with that said explain to me how this is going to bake Little Johnny's trip faster using gates. Go ahead and try it on the test server jump system to system with 200 + caps. I will wait....... ok now that I have waited 45 min for you to get 5 jumps. This is going to deter people from fighting with caps. Next note a cap battle has been fought and it is time to go home wait half the fleet can't go because the have a jump timer or they can now only jump 3.4586864 ly because the had to go to the battle. Half the cap fleet is now lost. How are you going to talk people into fighters in caps. Well guys here is the plan we should all be able to make it there I think and we might all be able to make it home I think. Nope not joining that fleet. And if you use a jump bridge it gives this trimmer too you might as well kill all logistics too while you at it. Take jb's out of the game. Heck while you at it take away scan an local chat
Phillips Helljumper
Amarrian Shipyards and Industries
#2751 - 2014-10-02 07:57:19 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Rek Seven wrote:
Schmata Bastanold wrote:
This thread makes one thing very clear: there's no change that wouldn't make baltec1 go "meh, we already adapted to it" :)


He's the original EVE hipster: "I started feeling fatigue before CCP implemented it"

I've never known anyone who talks so much but says so little. Blink


Given that our current defensive setup has sigs located across our space in a way that means they can respond quickly to any attack on our sov and dont need to rely upon capitals or jump bridges I would say yea, we are going to be just fine.


The only guy with any real sense of the game here.
Zhul Chembull
Universalis Imperium
The Bastion
#2752 - 2014-10-02 07:57:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Zhul Chembull
Sigras wrote:
Zhul Chembull wrote:
Speedkermit Damo wrote:
Blue donut of entitlement tears = best tears.

You brought this on yourselves.

Sorry bud this will not effect them any. They will now control the choke points and no need to have to have their cap fleet in the outskirts of their area. You guys just don't get how big alliances work. They will work around it, however the smaller alliances will GO AWAY because not being able to logistically support their operations.

Those that think its going to correct large fleets are smoking some good crack.

I bet you a billion ISK that if these changes go through the way they are stated now that you are wrong.

Do you really think Goonswarm is going to be able to continue to hold delve after this change?


I will take that bet and mark my words you will all regret this. Why should the big alliances suffer from the lack of the rest being unable to oust them ? Seriously, wah, change the mechanics because we are too disorganized to win ? This is like taking a gold medal away because someone is stronger than another ?

So to take down some of the victors of the game, or so some perceive, lets just destroy the market and how ships jump ? Who here sees the lack of logic ? What happens when people realize this does not destroy the large alliance blocks and now there is a ****** market and less players ?

Everyone cries about the "blue donut", seriously can we not have a better term, but in place of it I propose a new term, The Ring of Fire. That's right, instead of them controlling a large section of space, they will simply suck up close to low sec and control the areas that are 5ly into null. No reason to have large cap fleets to pop around, you just made them holding sov much easier. For those of you that think you will sneak around, don't make me laugh.

I am unsubbing all my accounts today in preparation to what I know will be a debacle. And no, I am not part of any alliance that does anything besides provide minerals to the much larger ones. I will just train for the next 6 months on my single account and park all my capital ships, this has to be the dumbest thing I have seen conceived by CCP to date. And for the record I despise many of the neurotic asshats that are in the bigger alliances. However, this will not break them up, they do it themselves over time from their mental instability, it always happens that way. But what do I know after 11 years ?

What frustrates me the most is that the game progresses to a decent stage where I don't have to travel forever to get stuff down to null and now we are going to go back and revert to mind numbing processes because we don't like certain alliance holding sov ? Don't worry it will kill not only the big alliances, but it will eliminate the small ones. On top of it, it will destroy the current semi-balanced market for minerals and will raise T2 costs through the roof. When titans, supers and caps do not die all the time, mineral prices go down and down.

I have seen people say build locally ! What a laugh, you do not even know what it takes to produce T2 items do you ? Some things like T1 hulls are ok to produce locally, but the T2 stuff, no you can not produce this locally with any ease. But then again posting something like produce locally just shows that you do not work in the industry field.

All this because people cant oust a few alliances, great idea CCP. The most I can do is try to give my opinion of what a bad idea this is and unsub most my accounts. Other than that I will watch this kill a pretty fun game.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2753 - 2014-10-02 07:57:53 UTC
marVLs wrote:
baltec1 wrote:


Escorted Convoys

Feel free to try this, I look forwards to your ALOD.



Same here with Your pvp marauders Lol


Enjoy
Selexid
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#2754 - 2014-10-02 07:58:19 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Selexid wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
[quote=Selexid]

Escorted Convoys

Feel free to try this, I look forwards to your ALOD.



Obviously there will be losses, but isn't that the point?

Why 2-3 dedicated guys should be able to haul ships for 1000 players so they can drop a random ratter in Provi? If you want to be big, be big, but WORK more for it.


We arn't the ones that this will be impacting badly, its the people who do not have our numbers that live in the further parts of null that will suffer.


The cap blobbers will suffer moslty from this, then the POTENTIAL wannabe nullseccer that wants to settle CE and might want to blue some ppl to get there and then the Logi directors who will have to hire 5 more dedicated guys.

Also a war can be won not only by throwing endless ships @ the enemy.
Manfred Sideous
H A V O C
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#2755 - 2014-10-02 07:58:47 UTC
Oylmpia wrote:
The stackable penalty is silly, it should have a hard limit at least (for idiots), and the formula seriously needs some help. Even better would just be a fixed cooldown instead of this madness.

What is the point of nerfing jump bridges too? When asking for death to all supers, no one asked death to JB's.

.. Just keeping the threadnaught going.



All forms of power projection need to be nerfed or there is no point of nerfing anything. Because a partial nerf will not accomplish any meaningful change to Nullsec. Leave bridges intact and N3 recruits enough shitlers to compete with CFC shitlers. We all just take jumpbridges to the yearly TIDIfest.

@EveManny

https://twitter.com/EveManny

Mocam
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#2756 - 2014-10-02 07:59:25 UTC
Lots of questions but I don't think any answers will be forthcoming from this thread. It's turned into a whine, cheer and jeer thread.

It's a shame.

Things like:

- does fatigue persist after being podded?

If not (probably) then the pod-suicide changes make sense. Jump around until your timer fluffs up, suicide to another clone, hop in the capital and keep jumping. That "bypass" would be a problem for fixing "projection".

If so (hopefully not) then those changes make no sense and fatigue will cause a huge problem for cap specialized pilots - they got podded with lots of fatigue on them - time to log out and find something else to do until it fades? Not good.

- if SOMETHING isn't done, cyno jammed systems will completely stop wars being as capitals would all have to come in through a gate to get to the deeper parts of that empire's space.

Any idea how easy it is to setup a "no one will every survive this camp!" type gate block point? TiDi is cool but having how many dozens or hundreds or even thousands of ships pop a gate at the same time to try and fight such a camp...

That's asking to crash the server - just so they can simply *TRY* and run a war? ... Not good.

- Freighters are missing from that listing of lowered fatigue. That's not good and needs addressing. You have to use these to setup certain structures only possible in nullsec (outposts).

- blops changes = "odd" but may change how they are used. What other changes would prevent them from "dust bin" ships?

They don't seem very viable for how they *ARE* used in the future. As such something else would need to be added for them to avoid being junk to clutter up a hangar.

So on and so forth.

It just doesn't seem this thread will be viable for asking such questions and the like.
PotatoOverdose
Royal Black Watch Highlanders
#2757 - 2014-10-02 07:59:39 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Caius Sivaris wrote:


No place in eve is more than 6 or 7 jumps from Empire. If you're too dumb to probe a chain, you don't deserve nullspace.


Its not us that will have issues with this its the smaller alliances/corps that we are wanting to come out to null when CCP gets around to removing all of our dead systems. The outer sections of null space will wind up abandoned.

Baltec, your concern for the plight of the little guy is, as always, touching. Really brings a tear to my eye.
Marc Durant
#2758 - 2014-10-02 08:00:19 UTC
OldWolf69 wrote:
Marc Durant wrote:
baltec1 wrote:
Marc Durant wrote:


Why not, because it won't be able to keep the status quo? That's the point!


Btw, I love how all the 0.0 sock puppet alts are whining like mad atm, this thread is a day old and close to 140 pages. It's hilarious.


Feel free to try to get a freighter from high sec to to outer edges of null through hostile space.


It's null sec; it should take effort, be dangerous and not necessarily easily accessible. It would make different parts of null sec more desirable than others and thus fuel feuds. Insta travel is fcking dmb because it allows you to skip content and gameworld. Also, we did it back then, worked just fine.

I thought you folks liked the HTFU idea? No?

How about to make it for the attackers same difficult then?Lol


It is, because they face the same problem. Not difficult to understand?

Yes, yes I am. Thanks for noticing.

Tremer Latan
BLACK SQUADRON.
The Bastion
#2759 - 2014-10-02 08:00:45 UTC
So with so many people from NC. saying they unsub: Who wants to band together and invade NA. Space?
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#2760 - 2014-10-02 08:00:54 UTC
Selexid wrote:


The cap blobbers will suffer moslty from this, then the POTENTIAL wannabe nullseccer that wants to settle CE and might want to blue some ppl to get there and then the Logi directors who will have to hire 5 more dedicated guys.

Also a war can be won not only by throwing endless ships @ the enemy.


Forgive me but isn't the whole point of changing null to reduce the need to have blues?