These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Null Deal: A Statement from Sovereign Nullsec

First post First post
Author
Frayze Nissai
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#701 - 2014-10-01 14:29:40 UTC

[/quote]

The way to nerf cap fleets is to remove their ability to be invincible death machines, key to this is dealing with the thing that makes them so hard to kill, RR.[/quote]

I am unashamedly stealing this name for any and all cap ships I currently, or will at any time in the future, own.

This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is mine.

zyathussi
message number 5
#702 - 2014-10-01 14:35:08 UTC
i find it somehow interesting that this game is widely considered to be a sandbox but most players do not want to utilize the "freedom to do whatever you want".

read, if nullseccers want npc-constellations in every sov-region, why don't you guys just create them?
found a together ally, move some systems from every region into it, hand directorate to someone you all trust, make stations ffa and there you go.
Marcus Covinus
The Blood Ankhs
#703 - 2014-10-01 14:37:55 UTC
zyathussi wrote:
i find it somehow interesting that this game is widely considered to be a sandbox but most players do not want to utilize the "freedom to do whatever you want".

read, if nullseccers want npc-constellations in every sov-region, why don't you guys just create them?
found a together ally, move some systems from every region into it, hand directorate to someone you all trust, make stations ffa and there you go.

The temptation/risk of locking someone out on a whim for the pure 'lol factor' would be too high when they've moved billions of assets into a "FFA Station"
Regatto
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#704 - 2014-10-01 14:44:32 UTC
It would be interesting to see changes if carriers could use RR only in triage...after all they are their name suggest that they should be platforms carrying ships/drones and not huge logistics. Its kinda like we would give guardian sentry drones
Gevlon Goblin
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#705 - 2014-10-01 14:48:59 UTC
Arsine Mayhem wrote:
They broke it, they can fix it.
Seems subs are taking a dive, for good reason. Do you want to be sheep?
WRONG! Subs have nothing to do with nullsec. I made some charts and proved that nullsec activity (jumps, NPC kills, ship kills) is stable and irresponsive to concurrent login changes. On the other hand highsec activity has strong correlation with logins.

So nullsec is fine, highsec players are quiting.

My blog: greedygoblin.blogspot.com

Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#706 - 2014-10-01 15:04:01 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
JIeoH Mocc wrote:
baltec1 wrote:

Take the unbeatable fleets away from everyone and put in mechanics that makes taking and holding half of EVE impossible and you fix the problem.

How's that related to the "letter" at hand, signed by all the stars of our blue doughnut and then some?

The fact that they are calling for mechanics that make it impossible to take and hold half of null sec and make it easier for smaller entities to enter null to harass us.

Give up cyno jammers, timers and all your supers - then and only then would this start to become reasonable. Until then, these suggested changes are totally useless. You're trying to totally lock down the remaining null via clone jump diplomacy.

More NPC doesn't make your holdings any less stale or boring. I would say the biggest null block problem is that their eve pretty much sux AND they can't force me or anyone else to come play it. It's getting lonely in the winner's circle and no one cares - there are plenty of other rides in the amusement park that are actually fun.

Did you ever see the picture of the snake biting itslef in the tail? If you paint the snake blue it will resemble a big blue donut.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#707 - 2014-10-01 15:08:27 UTC
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
Arsine Mayhem wrote:
WRONG! Subs have nothing to do with nullsec. I made some charts and proved that nullsec activity (jumps, NPC kills, ship kills) is stable and irresponsive to concurrent login changes. On the other hand highsec activity has strong correlation with logins.

I might not be that high sec players are 'quiting' but rather that a lot of high sec alts accounts are being allowed to lapse. I know lots of people who only had extra accounts in order to train alts, now you don't have to do that because you can use plex to train alts on 1 account.

But yea, I read your chart and it was good info, Despite all the hurf-blerf , people are still logging in to do stuff in null sec (and wormholes and low sec). Big surprise that the themepark area of EVE (high sec) is seeing less and less activity since CCP stopped 'creating content' for them. if only CCP had let them walk around in stations, high sec would have survived! Twisted
Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#708 - 2014-10-01 15:20:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Serendipity Lost
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
Arsine Mayhem wrote:

Those charts are awesome! Just a couple of questions regarding them...

1. Do you count wh space as null or high sec (this is about just null proper suckingass, so putting wh w/ null is misleading)
2. Have you ever looked at the in game map?? (HS and LS are packed with players and activity - null isn't)
3. What are you smoking?

EDIT 4. Did you factor out mining and farming bots in your null activity? Because F..... them.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#709 - 2014-10-01 15:24:38 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
Arsine Mayhem wrote:

Those charts are awesome! Just a couple of questions regarding them...

1. Do you count wh space as null or high sec (this is about just null proper suckingass, so putting wh w/ null is misleading)
2. Have you ever looked at the in game map?? (HS and LS are packed with players and activity - null isn't)
3. What are you smoking?

EDIT 4. Did you factor out mining and farming bots in your null activity? Because F..... them.

4. most bots are caught in high sec.

As to #2, you do know that the in game map is misleading right? Why do you think things like Dotlan exist in the 1st place?

Robert Caldera
Caldera Trading and Investment
#710 - 2014-10-01 15:25:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Robert Caldera
funny how people request involved parties to shoot their own feet instead pushing sov changes toward CCP.

I really wonder who is more likely to shake up status quo: CCP, who face leaking subscriptions or players, who'd require themselves to shoot their own feet. Get real.
Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#711 - 2014-10-01 15:33:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Serendipity Lost
So out of all the stuff being shovelled in this thread you draw the line at the in game map being misleading??

It is my understanding that the eve map is a visual representation of live data displayed across the eve map. Please explain how this is misleading? Teach me.

EDIT while you're spouting facts, could you divulge your base line data for most bots are in high sec? I'd love to sink my teeth into the data base you pulled that from.
knobber Jobbler
State War Academy
Caldari State
#712 - 2014-10-01 15:49:43 UTC
DeadDuck wrote:

So since the 0.0 players seem to not being able to get out of theis stagnant situation that their leadership condemned them, they turn on CCP to do something about it, including some of the same leaders that signed and maintain the stupid agreements Shocked

So people can't play the metagame? The thing that keeps EVE actually alive and the only thing that has ever got EVE in the news? It's fairly depressing that what you suggest - and some others here - is players have to be self regulating in a game which says it's a sandbox and even advertises itself as one where the metagame is a core element.

DeadDuck wrote:

TBH, to deal with the current 0.0 joke that we live in, CCP has to make a total revamp of the roles performed by super caps or by the boost of some of existing ships in order to counter the absurd power the super caps present when working in huge groups. Probably both.

The power projection limitation seems to be a good idea, like the end of EW invulnerability seems also a good idead, but TBH CCP has to go further, besides enhancing a new sov mechanic, it has to boost Dreads the existing ship with potentai to really hurt the super cap blobs. They can do it by simply eliminating the 0 m/s when a Dread is in siege and allowing on the same type the remote repping. Siege will pretty much be the boost the ship fire power, but still preventing the ship from jumping out.

With this small tweak, the small, medium enthities, will have a weapon to fight the super cap blobs, they can have a chance since their cap fleets will have the power to hurt super cap fleets.

Power creep of dreads won't work especially if you add remote reps, not unless you want to see 256 man Dread Fleets replacing battleship fleets. It would be fun for us, but not for the small guy who's worried about supers. Supercaps and Titans themselves need addressing directly as they are part of the problem and the reason for the numerically large coalitions. The occupation based Sov, if done correctly will invalidate some of the threat supercaps pose to smaller groups as you're not just talking about grinding out hit points when you want to take Sov.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#713 - 2014-10-01 15:57:52 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:
So out of all the stuff being shovelled in this thread you draw the line at the in game map being misleading??

It is my understanding that the eve map is a visual representation of live data displayed across the eve map. Please explain how this is misleading? Teach me.

EDIT while you're spouting facts, could you divulge your base line data for most bots are in high sec? I'd love to sink my teeth into the data base you pulled that from.

because short term sample
because looking at colored circles and sizes =/= data

Pretty much the two requirements for any legitimate study on anything, except case studies which don't necessarily give any clue as to the broader picture.

Looking at map right now and using that is like looking out the window and trying to predict the weather for the week.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#714 - 2014-10-01 16:02:42 UTC
Robert Caldera wrote:
funny how people request involved parties to shoot their own feet instead pushing sov changes toward CCP.

I really wonder who is more likely to shake up status quo: CCP, who face leaking subscriptions or players, who'd require themselves to shoot their own feet. Get real.

Their is no proof of 'leaking subscriptions'. Both the sub numbers and pcu counts people glean from EVE-Offline can be explained by CCP allowing multiple character training. EVE-offline never told anyone who was or wasn't an alt to begin with, so using it as a reference to say "subs and activity declined" is illogical.

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#715 - 2014-10-01 16:03:53 UTC
Marcus Covinus wrote:
The temptation/risk of locking someone out on a whim for the pure 'lol factor' would be too high when they've moved billions of assets into a "FFA Station"

Give them to Chribba.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#716 - 2014-10-01 16:08:49 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CZR9w3ftjY

And yes, the in game map is misleading. Take for instance ship kills, it only tells you a ship was killed, doesn't tell you what kind, or whether it was killed by another person, or an npc. The last time CCP gave us numbers they revealed that the most kills ship in high sec was the CONDOR you get free from tutorial missions lol.

Or take 'jumps per hour', a lot of what looks like "activity' in high sec is actually people who are at work/school (not at home) and no where near their computers auto piloting across high sec (something that doesn't happen in low, null and wormhole space).

Null, low and WH activity can be gauged by the ingame map. High Sec activity can not.
Azami Nevinyrall
#717 - 2014-10-01 16:19:05 UTC
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
Arsine Mayhem wrote:

At least you didn't compare EVE to WoW in that post...

JIeoH Mocc
brotherhood of desman
#718 - 2014-10-01 16:19:54 UTC  |  Edited by: JIeoH Mocc
Lucas Kell wrote:
First off, we can already wage a war from practically anywhere, we own half the space. How will having NPC stations suddenly make us more able to wage war?

Did you notice what happened to PL when they lost the battle for B-R5? Look up Grath's story on FHC if you don't.
They had to eat a **** sandwich (and that's a quote) and be gone for a while.
Do you know why? Because assets, in station. A lot of them. So yeah, you could wage war from anywhere, but if you can have invulnerable staging systems, I'd say that increases your ability to wage war. Similar thing happened with BL and CFC, or something along the line.
And now the "leaders" write a "letter" to CCP saying, please CCP, we're bored - let us have an undestructable staging system to stash our caps, have our clones and what not, so they won't be able to purge us completely out of any region, and so we can clone around EvE safely - to counter what ever changes CCP might introduce, be it caps nerf , power projection nerf, destructible stations and more. I'd even say they request it BECAUSE of these incoming changes, but that i won't be able to prove.

So yeah, don't be a ******.
Lucas Kell wrote:

Secondly, if it did make us more able to wage war, isn't that exactly what you want? You are whining that we aren't fighting then telling us that our suggested changes will makes us fight people thus are bad. The reason this doesn't make sense is because you haven't thought it through, you are just raging because "grr goons".

Who are you kidding, you're not going to fight anyone, no matter what happens. Your leaders want some content, as long as there's not threat to your sov, since renting and sov. is not something to put at risk. So no, there won't be any war, none of you will initiate it. It took a 3rd party to initiate last time, if you remember. The time before that, we remember what happened to HBC/Montolio when he decided not to play according to your "agreements".
Lucas Kell wrote:

The ideas suggested here aren't perfect, and they need a lot of fleshing out and work, but they give a general idea of where the null community would like to see the game going, and would give opportunities for smaller groups to make their own stand in null outside of renting. Standing there screaming "I hate goons and goons should just play different to make the rest of us happy" isn't really helping anything.

The idea suggested are the essence of what's going on right now:

- Need some more content, but only of the type that doesn't endanger sov/income and doesn't require commitment.
- People are bored, please help us overcome ourselves.

And yeah, i don't give a flying duck about how goons play, and I don't differentiate goons from the rest of the donut - all the same to me, but when the donut starts to suggest self-serving mechanics changes ... I'd say it's a bit different from what you're presenting.
knobber Jobbler
State War Academy
Caldari State
#719 - 2014-10-01 16:29:24 UTC
JIeoH Mocc wrote:

And yeah, i don't give a flying duck about how goons play, but when goons start to suggest self-serving mechanics changes ... I'd say it's a bit different from what you're presenting.

It's not just Goons though, it's practically everyone who lives in null. The only naysayers are a few high sec guys wearing tin foil and some CVA guys. If you know about the history of CVA, the fact they want the status quo comes as no shock.

Now when will you, Gevlon and the other drivers of the south american bauxite trade suggest an alternative, let alone a constructive criticism rather than a tirade of vitriol which is frankly helpful to no one?
Serendipity Lost
Repo Industries
#720 - 2014-10-01 16:36:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Serendipity Lost
Jenn aSide wrote:
Serendipity Lost wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CZR9w3ftjY

And yes, the in game map is misleading. Take for instance ship kills, it only tells you a ship was killed, doesn't tell you what kind, or whether it was killed by another person, or an npc. The last time CCP gave us numbers they revealed that the most kills ship in high sec was the CONDOR you get free from tutorial missions lol.

Or take 'jumps per hour', a lot of what looks like "activity' in high sec is actually people who are at work/school (not at home) and no where near their computers auto piloting across high sec (something that doesn't happen in low, null and wormhole space).

Null, low and WH activity can be gauged by the ingame map. High Sec activity can not.

I'll just say I look at the map quite often. Players in space and players docked in station. Forget the skewed and misleading empire stuff and just look at Null. It's empty. Jumps in the last hour is pathetic across all regions. It sux out there. Regardless of how you paint HS - Null is void and empty. It's stupid to claim otherwise (pro hint- we're not dumb and we can all open the map and see what isn't going on in null)