These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Rorqual Clone Vat Bay Question

Author
Swearte Widfarend
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#1 - 2011-12-12 15:18:47 UTC  |  Edited by: Swearte Widfarend
I figure it's a one-way trip. You get a clone out of a Rorqual, and in a pod, there's no way back into the Rorq.

But logically, you should be able to put it back at the end of your 24-hr jump cooldown. Here's my logic:

Rorqual is a deep-space mining platform. It can handle ore, haul ships with it, even bring along pilots. But once those assets arrive in deep space, the clones are the only thing that can't come back with the Rorqual. You either suicide out, or try to fly out (and the Rorqual can't even bring frigates to give you a ship).

That seems a bit excessive for a clone that can cost tens of millions of ISK (in skillpoint upgrades), and if you want to use mining implants you can lose even more (check the prices on +5 or even +3 mining implants).

Rorqual users - can you put a clone back in the bay? Would you like to be able to?

Obviously it would have to be at the end of a 24-hour jump cooldown, like other jumpclone activities, but that would open up a whole new world of industrial deep space work.

So what's wrong with that option, or is that how it works now?

Democracy is only as good as the despot managing the voting booth.

Usurpine
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2011-12-12 15:40:03 UTC
Yeah, its unlogical, not being able to push back the clone inside the rorqual, i wish this is possible.

Practically over the years i am playing eve i never used the clone vat bay for mining sessions. Just for noobs without standings to get their jump clone.
Score
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2011-12-12 17:40:10 UTC
Ja, the current rules require you to be docked at a station with no training active.... kinda rules out the obvious intended utility of the Clone Vat...

Let's include it in the winter deploy!! Oh wait....

Score Industrial Forge Works, Inc

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#4 - 2011-12-12 19:17:17 UTC
Ship-based clone vats can only be used to create clones. I think this keeps the operation simple for CCP, since clones without implants do not have to be tracked.

I also find it silly that a Rorqual can only carry 5 Hulks, but up to 10 clones.