These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Dear CCP, Thanks alot

Author
SupaL33tH4x0r Regime
Minmatar Gallente VOID
#1 - 2014-09-26 14:24:27 UTC
Dear CCP,
Thanks for nerfing loot then nerfing the reprocess rates of loot due to mineral compression. Now the loot i salvage goes for less sold and even less as minerals that i was using to build ammunition and other useful items, running the math its better for me just to buy ammo then to try and build it. Its also more of a head ache to go through several hundred items to sell each stack compared to bulk reprocess after shifting through the valuables. We need a bulk sale order now since it is no long worth the time to reprocess anything other then ore.

Antillie Sa'Kan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#2 - 2014-09-26 14:47:44 UTC
You're welcome.

Loot isn't supposed to be a significant source of minerals. Things may change once they re-balance the various meta modules.
Mallak Azaria
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2014-09-26 14:54:11 UTC
SupaL33tH4x0r Regime wrote:
it is no long worth the time to reprocess anything other then ore.

Maybe you missed it, but that was the whole point. CCP & the community in general didn't believe that gun mining should have been such a huge source of minerals.

This post was lovingly crafted by a member of the Goonwaffe Posting Cabal, proud member of the popular gay hookup site somethingawful.com, Spelling Bee, Grammar Gestapo & #1 Official Gevlon Goblin Fanclub member.

Yourmoney Mywallet
Jita Institute of Applied Monetary Manipulation
#4 - 2014-09-26 18:31:15 UTC
The last time I built ammo was during the tutorials.
Captain Enigmatic
Static Therapy
#5 - 2014-09-26 20:24:14 UTC
Idea: Don't loot or salvage. Take your salvage alt, put it into a bs, and double your dps. More bounties, less irritating work.

Honestly I just let the salvage pile up for a long while before I sell.
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#6 - 2014-09-26 23:16:17 UTC
Mallak Azaria wrote:
SupaL33tH4x0r Regime wrote:
it is no long worth the time to reprocess anything other then ore.

Maybe you missed it, but that was the whole point. CCP & the community in general didn't believe that gun mining should have been such a huge source of minerals.

Um, gonna disagree with your statement since Mission Runners are the ones who were directly affected by that change. Loot and salvage drops have been severely nerfed over time, basically making the Noctis obsolete.

As for "Gun Mining", that phrase was started by Soundwave & Co who organized and heavily pushed a series of changes in-game, all under the guise of revitalizing the Mining Profession, to ultimately create more viable targets for PvP.

Those changes all had a definite negative impact to PvE players. Due to those changes, Mission Runners who wanted to continue doing some basic production on the side had to either buy the minerals from the market or buy and train up skills for mining.

Not to mention one of those changes forced players to train and fly a mining ship as well, thus creating more targets for gan.... er, PvP.

Even though I'm inclined to agree with the OP, I still collect and reprocess the loot even though it's been massively nerfed. In my opinion it's better than sitting in a bright red bulls-eye target mining Ore for minerals. I just won't be doing as much production on the side as I use to do.

DMC
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#7 - 2014-09-27 19:49:29 UTC
Agreed, the nerf sucks balls. Anyone telling me whats fun and what isn't, go **** in your hat, you're killing the sandbox.

"We don't want a themepark MMO like WoW".

"But as long as its a theme I like its cool".

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2014-09-27 19:59:28 UTC
The sell prices were low for a good period of time, but now I'm experiencing that everything I sell, sells for 10% more than the estimated sell price. So for example if I sell a large railgun, the estimated sell price will be 440.000, but it sells for 484000
Dorian Wylde
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2014-09-28 19:17:08 UTC
Stop whining, start blitzing missions, and start making actual money through LP.
Substantia Nigra
Polaris Rising
The Bastion
#10 - 2014-09-28 22:07:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Substantia Nigra
IMHO ...

CCP’s 2011 ‘greed is good’ efforts (http://theelitist.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/CCP-MT-Bulletin.pdf) met outcry and strident player opposition.

Since then CCP has been quietly shifting the goal-posts continuously to reduce player income and increase player expenditure … and thereby reduce the viability of players earning enough isk to regularly ‘plex’ their accounts. This, in turn, has been increasing the per-player turnover of CCP PLEX-for-bux sales.

Look at all the changes that have been made since the 2011 furore and see how many do not result in either less income or increased expenditure for players. Sure, you can find little niches where things look cheaper (e.g. copies from BPOs) but the big-picture of most of those changes costs us more … or/and delivers us less.

Loot is ‘just one of those things’ and this is just my tuppence worth.

I guess I am almost a 'vet' by now. Hopefully not too bitter and managing to help more than I hinder. I build and sell many things, including large collections of bookmarks.

Estella Osoka
Perkone
Caldari State
#11 - 2014-09-29 16:14:44 UTC
Train your reprocessing skills and quit whining. Reprocessing loot for materials was never intended to make as much as it was. It finally got the balance pass it should have. If you want to make your own ammo/mods, then mine.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
It Burns When I'm PvPing
#12 - 2014-09-29 16:25:58 UTC
Antillie Sa'Kan wrote:
.... Things may change once they re-balance the various meta modules.

I doubt it will change for the better. I anticipate that after that change even the meta 4 items will be worthless.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Cipher Jones
#13 - 2014-09-29 18:29:20 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:
Train your reprocessing skills and quit whining. Reprocessing loot for materials was never intended to make as much as it was. It finally got the balance pass it should have. If you want to make your own ammo/mods, then mine.

And kill the sandbox just a little more.

Yeah maybe the percentage of minerals refined was off, but certainly not the mass. I blow up 75 spaceships and only get enough metal to make a cruiser?

internet spaceships

and don't forget it

Luwc
Empire Assault Corp
Dead Terrorists
#14 - 2014-09-30 14:41:10 UTC
tears : 8/10
content : 1/10
overall topic rating : 69/420

#swag

http://hugelolcdn.com/i/267520.gif

Ageudum
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#15 - 2014-09-30 23:34:10 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:

Yeah maybe the percentage of minerals refined was off, but certainly not the mass. I blow up 75 spaceships and only get enough metal to make a cruiser?

You melt 75 spaceships with lasers, shred them with drones and autocannons, pulverize them with missiles and hybrid charges, and you're surprised that a very small amount of what's left is actually viable to use for reconstruction?

Are you and I living in the same universe?
dan skirata
The Ends Justify The Means
#16 - 2014-10-01 18:45:02 UTC
Ageudum wrote:
Cipher Jones wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:

You melt 75 spaceships with lasers, shred them with drones and autocannons, pulverize them with missiles and hybrid charges, and you're surprised that a very small amount of what's left is actually viable to use for reconstruction?

I second this statement.

Buddy Invite Program. Sign up with my link using valid payment methods and you will get 80% of the value of a Plex plus free lifetime advice.

Cipher Jones
#17 - 2014-10-03 04:11:01 UTC
Ageudum wrote:
Cipher Jones wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:

Yes, even a tactical nuke leaves behind more mass.

internet spaceships

and don't forget it

Estella Osoka
Perkone
Caldari State
#18 - 2014-10-03 16:56:11 UTC
You are not salvaging the entire ship. You are salvaging a wreck that is just a fraction of what is left of the ship, and then only what the salvager or salvage drones could detect.

If you really want to apply Physics to this, then there shouldn't be anything to salvage at all. When I blow the ship up, the remnants are going to continue to fly off in random directions at a velocity determined by the force of the explosion. There is nothing to slow those remnants down. No gravity. They will not stop until they hit something, or some force grabs them.
Cipher Jones
#19 - 2014-10-03 18:57:16 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:
You are not salvaging the entire ship. You are salvaging a wreck that is just a fraction of what is left of the ship, and then only what the salvager or salvage drones could detect.

If you really want to apply Physics to this, then there shouldn't be anything to salvage at all. When I blow the ship up, the remnants are going to continue to fly off in random directions at a velocity determined by the force of the explosion. There is nothing to slow those remnants down. No gravity. They will not stop until they hit something, or some force grabs them.

If you really want to apply physics to this, the entire ship isn't going to blow up every time you make it uninhabitable by humans. Once it is swiss cheese it is utterly unusable and no one is alive in it.

internet spaceships

and don't forget it

Estella Osoka
Perkone
Caldari State
#20 - 2014-10-03 19:11:18 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:

If you really want to apply physics to this, the entire ship isn't going to blow up every time you make it uninhabitable by humans. Once it is swiss cheese it is utterly unusable and no one is alive in it.

Once you blow it up with the equivalent of a thermo nuclear device, it won't be swiss cheese. Once you shoot it bad enough that you rupture the power core and it explodes, it won't be swiss cheese. When you destroy these ships, they explode and fly apart as is evidenced by the graphics.
12Next page