These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Enough is enough

First post
Author
Thatt Guy
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2014-09-27 19:06:56 UTC
A couple of times is one thing, but disconnects every day for weeks?
Enough is enough...
Fix this disconnect crap or start issuing reimbursement game time or SP.

Haters gonna hate, Trolls gonna troll.

Summer Isle
Autumn Industrial Enterprises
#2 - 2014-09-27 19:13:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Summer Isle
There's a DDOS attack going on. If you know of an economical way for a small company to mitigate a DDOS attack, speak up, because I guarantee you that there are tens of thousands of companies in the world that would pay you very well for such information.

Edit :: CCP Falcon's post about the attacks: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=374966
End Edit

Edit :: The game is back up. You lost 18 minutes. At $15 / month, you "lost" $0.00625. Less than one penny. I've sent you SIXTEEN TIMES that (0.1 ISK, the minimum we can give) in-game in ISK to make up for it. Cheers~
End Edit

Talk is cheap, but Void S and Quake L are cheaper.

Crumplecorn
Eve Cluster Explorations
#3 - 2014-09-27 19:14:24 UTC
Quote:
Self-fulfilling prophecy?

Witty Image - Stream

Not Liking this post hurts my RL feelings and will be considered harassment

Thatt Guy
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2014-09-27 19:15:20 UTC
Summer Isle wrote:
There's a DDOS attack going on. If you know of an economical way for a small company to mitigate a DDOS attack, speak up, because I guarantee you that there are tens of thousands of companies in the world that would pay you very well for such information.

not my problem
I want what I paid for, if you can't stop it, give my money/gametime back.

Summer Isle
#5 - 2014-09-27 19:18:23 UTC
Thatt Guy wrote:
not my problem

I can't speak for CCP, but they may opt to reimburse time once the attacks are done, or they may not. It's up to them and it's covered in the agreement we all agree to when we sign up that uptime isn't guaranteed.

That being said, you really show how little you know about computers and how the Internet works. Congratulations.

Tyburn Stannis
Xenon Salvage Inc.
#6 - 2014-09-27 19:19:00 UTC
Thatt Guy wrote:
Summer Isle wrote:

not my problem

Moron.

BrundleMeth
State War Academy
Caldari State
#7 - 2014-09-27 19:19:29 UTC
CCP

Please ban this idiot OP and refund him 5 bucks. He's a clueless luddite...
Tyburn Stannis
Xenon Salvage Inc.
#8 - 2014-09-27 19:20:13 UTC
Thatt Guy wrote:
Summer Isle wrote:

not my problem

Moron.
Crumplecorn
Eve Cluster Explorations
#9 - 2014-09-27 19:20:50 UTC
Thatt Guy wrote:
not my problem
You paid for an account in EVE. You have it. Enjoy o/.

Witty Image - Stream

Not Liking this post hurts my RL feelings and will be considered harassment

Really Hot Guy
Doomheim
#10 - 2014-09-27 19:28:23 UTC
Thatt Guy wrote:
A couple of times is one thing, but disconnects every day for weeks?
Enough is enough...
Fix this disconnect crap or start issuing reimbursement game time or SP.

What good will game time or SP be if you can't play?

Simply stop playing and find something else to do.
Thatt Guy
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#11 - 2014-09-27 19:28:50 UTC
wow at all the fanboys

"This guy wants what he paid for! Get the torches and pitchforks!!"

Maybe I'll just petition saying that my credit card got ddos'd so I can't pay this month, I'm sure they'll still let me play right???

Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#12 - 2014-09-27 19:29:02 UTC
Summer Isle wrote:

Edit :: CCP Falcon's post about the attacks: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=374966
End Edit

Edit :: The game is back up. You lost 18 minutes. At $15 / month, you "lost" $0.035. Less than 4 pennies. I've sent you nearly TRIPLE that (0.1 ISK, the minimum we can give) in-game in ISK to make up for it. Cheers~
End Edit

Amen. If CCP could stop a DDOS Eve would never die, because they could sell it for enough money to continue indefinitely.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#13 - 2014-09-27 19:32:42 UTC
Thatt Guy wrote:

not my problem

Very much your problem love, it's the reality of it, stop acting like a child.
Summer Isle
#14 - 2014-09-27 19:34:32 UTC
Thatt Guy wrote:
wow at all the fanboys

"This guy wants what he paid for! Get the torches and pitchforks!!"

Maybe I'll just petition saying that my credit card got ddos'd so I can't pay this month, I'm sure they'll still let me play right???

We aren't being "fanboys" or "fangirls," we're being realistic. The game is being attacked in a way for which there are very few defenses or mitigations available for a small company like CCP. None of us like it, but we also aren't going out there and screaming bloody murder because of something that is outside of CCP's ability to control.

The game was down for about 20 minutes. Take it as a chance to get up for a bio and a snack, maybe talk to the family, check out the news, or similar. It isn't the end of the world.

afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2014-09-27 19:37:05 UTC
Yup, enough is enough.

Whining, that is.

Suck it up, princess.
Rowells
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#16 - 2014-09-27 19:38:26 UTC
Thatt Guy wrote:
Summer Isle wrote:

not my problem

I wanted loving passionate sex, but this hooker refuses to kiss me. I want my money back.
Priscilla Project
Doomheim
#17 - 2014-09-27 19:38:55 UTC
*throws a penny at the OP*

Here... now shut up.
  • All incoming connection attempts are being blocked. If you want to speak to me you will find me either in Hek local, you can create a contract or make a thread about it in General Discussions. I will call you back. -
Really Hot Guy
Doomheim
#18 - 2014-09-27 19:41:52 UTC
J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#19 - 2014-09-27 19:43:37 UTC
Aah, was wondering when the next "Grrrr I had DC" thread would be opened.

Now let's see how fast the ISD can get from the coffee machine to the "Lock Thread" button....

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#20 - 2014-09-27 19:45:04 UTC  |  Edited by: J'Poll
Thatt Guy wrote:
Summer Isle wrote:

not my problem

That won't happen, why, because skills still train, so why should they give you SP for free.

If your not happy, then leave...if you do, stuffz, can I keep it safe(-ish) for you?

p.s. You don't pay for actual playtime (if that would be the case, only your online hours would count).

You pay CCP to keep your account active for "x" days, which is what they are doing, sadly. I would love it if they "accidentally" close your account(s)...

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

123Next pageLast page