These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

Recent decline in playerbase

First post
Author
Xenuria
#21 - 2014-09-24 03:59:10 UTC
The main reason I haven't been playing is my MDD has gotten substantially worse to the point where I sleep all day. I tried doing a level 4 a week ago and literally couldn't reach fast enough to survive.

RIP ishtar

I think ~real life~ is the number 1 reason people take a break from eve.

Austrene Kanenald
Doomheim
#22 - 2014-09-24 04:36:13 UTC
Rykuss wrote:
Original Recipe:

1lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef

1large onion, chopped (1 cup)

1/2teaspoon salt

1cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)

1/2cup Original Bisquick™ mix

1cup milk

2eggs

Directions
• 1Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch glass pie plate with cooking spray.
• 2In 10-inch skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in salt. Spread in pie plate. Sprinkle with cheese.
• 3In small bowl, stir remaining ingredients with fork or wire whisk until blended. Pour into pie plate.
• 4Bake about 25 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.

Crowd-size recipe:

1lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef

1 1/2cups chopped onion

1teaspoon seasoned salt

1bag (12 oz) Green Giant™ Steamers™ frozen mixed vegetables

1cup Original Bisquick™ mix

2cups milk

4eggs, beaten

2cups shredded Cheddar cheese (8 oz)

Directions
• 1Heat oven to 400°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef, onion and salt over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is brown; drain. Spread in dish. Top evenly with frozen mixed vegetables.
• 2In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk and eggs with wire whisk until blended. Pour into baking dish.
• 3Bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle evenly with cheese; bake 10 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Cut into squares.

Suddenly, cooking recipe.
Is that how to make bait?
Jarod Garamonde
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#23 - 2014-09-24 04:48:38 UTC
Posting in a stealth "EVE is dying" thread....

According to all you chuckleheads, EVE has been dying for nearly 12 years.
With the condition she's in, right now, whatever she's dying of is going to take another 50 years to finish her off, at this rate.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Kaivar Lancer
Doomheim
#24 - 2014-09-24 04:54:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Kaivar Lancer
You can't say it's just "summer". The numbers for this summer are lower than the previous summers.

Banning Erotica1 killed the fun for many people. It destroyed one of the key differentiations between Eve and all the other MMOs out there.

It just seems to me that there are fewer stories about heists and villainy these days. Eve is turning into a generic MMO.

/eveisdying
Nolak Ataru
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#25 - 2014-09-24 05:01:37 UTC
There is no massive nullsec war on currently...
RenoIdo
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#26 - 2014-09-24 05:28:01 UTC  |  Edited by: RenoIdo
Jarod Garamonde wrote:

With the condition she's in, right now, whatever she's dying of is going to take another 50 years to finish her off, at this rate.

The facts are since I have been playing in 2010 eve has not gained, but lost players every year. Players can't even stay connected to the game for more than a couple hours at a time for 2 months now, see https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=374966&find=unread.

It won't be long before pvpers like me won't stand for taking ship losses every single play session for months due to CCP's relaxed attitude to the game breaking connectivity issues. We have been experencing this for several weeks now without any compensation or any real commitment to fixing the issue, if that's not a sign of eve coming to an end I'm not sure what is. Sure there are plenty of people that sit docked, troll the forums, or just manage their skill queues that won't care; but when people can't pvp and actually play the game without constant disconnects there is a real problem.

Instead of CCP hiring network technicians to make sure their players can actually use the service they pay for, they are laying off, or not paying their devs enough to keep them from moving to other game companies.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#27 - 2014-09-24 05:35:09 UTC
RenoIdo wrote:

The facts are since I have been playing in 2010 eve has not gained, but lost players every year. Players can't even stay connected to the game for more than a couple hours at a time for 2 months now, see https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=374966&find=unread.

It won't be long before pvpers like me won't stand for taking ship losses every single play session for months due to CCP's relaxed attitude to the game breaking connectivity issues. We have been experencing this for several weeks now without any compensation or any real commitment to fixing the issue, if that's not a sign of eve coming to an end I'm not sure what is. Sure there are plenty of people that sit docked, troll the forums, or just manage their skill queues that won't care; but when people can't pvp and actually play the game without constant disconnects there is a real problem.

Instead of CCP hiring network technicians to make sure their players can actually use the service they pay for, they are laying off, or not paying their devs enough to keep them from moving to other game companies.

Possibly because there is no issue CCP can fix.
You know, it not being anything to do with their server code.

Quit your whining in every thread, the disconnects aren't that bad. Is it sometimes annoying, sure. Might you loose the odd thing, sure. Do you loose something every single time.... If the answer is yes you are doing things wrong already.
RenoIdo
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#28 - 2014-09-24 05:43:43 UTC  |  Edited by: RenoIdo
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
RenoIdo wrote:

Quit your whining in every thread, the disconnects aren't that bad. Is it sometimes annoying, sure. Might you loose the odd thing, sure. Do you loose something every single time.... If the answer is yes you are doing things wrong already.

Then why would they say this "Our teams have been working tirelessly to address these attacks, but by their nature they are extremely difficult to predict. We will continue to counter these attacks as they occur, in our efforts to provide you as much uninterrupted internet spaceship fun as possible. " In the post I mentioned if there was no way to fix or counter this issue?

They simply don't have enough network technicians to address this problem. Instead of hiring more they are laying off countless employees. They expect that mindless players like you will keep playing regardless of this game breaking issue and you probably will. However active pvpers like me that play the game every day likely won't.

Also if having a criminal timer is playing the game wrong, I don't want to know what carebear way of playing you think is right. I pvp I don't sit docked or press f1 in a nullsec blob.
Obsidian Hawk
RONA Midgard Academy
#29 - 2014-09-24 05:43:44 UTC
OH LOOK ANOTHER EVE IS DYING THREAD!

Why Can't I have a picture signature.

Also please support graphical immersion, bring back the art that brought people to EvE online originaly.

Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#30 - 2014-09-24 05:49:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Remiel Pollard
RenoIdo wrote:
They expect that mindless players like you will keep playing regardless of this game breaking issue and you probably will. However active pvpers like me that play the game every day likely won't.

Post with your main or **** off. I know dozens of active PVP'ers that are doing just fine, and I am one myself. You, on the other hand, have no KB record to speak of, so who the **** are you that you speak for me or anyone I know? Don't insult his intellect with a forum alt that does nothing but post angry lies, and you've given us no reason to believe you are as active as you claim.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Trixie Lawless
State War Academy
Caldari State
#31 - 2014-09-24 06:12:21 UTC
I doubt EVE is dying. ALL games lose subs over time, and then gain subs...then lose subs. It just happens. As for the disconnects, they labeled them as attacks. If EVE is getting cyberattackedDDOSsomethingorothered (I know crap about that stuff) then I'm guessing they can't predict it.

And personally I have not lost a ship to disconnects nor do I know someone who has.

As for "lack if content"...I wouldn't know. I live in Catch and its pretty busy where I'm at and seems to be getting busier all the time.

If you get bored just go find ways to make the game fun again.
KIller Wabbit
MEME Thoughts
#32 - 2014-09-24 06:13:14 UTC
ShahFluffers wrote:
Well... it is still summer too. The online player count tends to suffer a bit until bad weather starts to roll through the northern hemisphere.

edit: also... online player count =/= actual subscribers... the latter of which is the real measure of a game's health.

edit2: looking through some of those numbers, they seem to be relatively equal. Sure... there is a dip during the summer... but again... it's summer.

Maybe where you are - here all schools and college/universities have been back in session for a few weeks now. And I believe Fall officially started one or two days ago. Big smile
ShahFluffers
Ice Fire Warriors
#33 - 2014-09-24 06:22:16 UTC
KIller Wabbit wrote:
ShahFluffers wrote:
Well... it is still summer too. The online player count tends to suffer a bit until bad weather starts to roll through the northern hemisphere.

edit: also... online player count =/= actual subscribers... the latter of which is the real measure of a game's health.

edit2: looking through some of those numbers, they seem to be relatively equal. Sure... there is a dip during the summer... but again... it's summer.

Maybe where you are - here all schools and college/universities have been back in session for a few weeks now. And I believe Fall officially started one or two days ago. Big smile

Unless you are in the extreme latitudes of the north/south the weather overview for the world still pretty worthy of having a picnic. Blink

And the bugs outside disagree with the official season. I got skulltulas (orb spiders) bigger than my thumb outside eating everything with wings! Shocked
Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#34 - 2014-09-24 06:43:22 UTC
I have heard the Vatican is investigating CCP for a violation related to necromantic arts. The argument is that EVE Online has been dead so often while still being 'alive' that it could not be so without use of arcane forbidden secrets to give it a semblance of life, i.e. keeping it in an artificial state of unlife. According to a statement of the head inquisitor on this case, we, the players, are all victims of a complex enchantment involving heretical wizardry.

CCP Falcon, I hope you have a statement prepared as those are some serious allegations.
J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#35 - 2014-09-24 07:07:25 UTC
RenoIdo wrote:
Jarod Garamonde wrote:

No disconnect here in the last 2 months. So please tinfoil whine more but it aint all CCP's fault...

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

J'Poll
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#36 - 2014-09-24 07:10:16 UTC
RenoIdo wrote:
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
RenoIdo wrote:

Then why would they say this "Our teams have been working tirelessly to address these attacks, but by their nature they are extremely difficult to predict. We will continue to counter these attacks as they occur, in our efforts to provide you as much uninterrupted internet spaceship fun as possible. " In the post I mentioned if there was no way to fix or counter this issue?

They simply don't have enough network technicians to address this problem. Instead of hiring more they are laying off countless employees. They expect that mindless players like you will keep playing regardless of this game breaking issue and you probably will. However active pvpers like me that play the game every day likely won't.

Also if having a criminal timer is playing the game wrong, I don't want to know what carebear way of playing you think is right. I pvp I don't sit docked or press f1 in a nullsec blob.

No matter how many technicians you have, you still cajt predict an attqck on your sedver and thus it wont make a difference.

But you are clearly too stupid to understand that from the CCP post where it clearly states that already.

P.s. Devs might leave because their 'studio' might be closed down.

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Erotica 0
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#37 - 2014-09-24 07:13:19 UTC
Kaivar Lancer wrote:

Banning Erotica1 killed the fun for many people.

excuse me but i'm still he- oh
Dave Stark
#38 - 2014-09-24 08:04:15 UTC
Kaivar Lancer wrote:
You can't say it's just "summer". The numbers for this summer are lower than the previous summers.

Banning Erotica1 killed the fun for many people. It destroyed one of the key differentiations between Eve and all the other MMOs out there.

It just seems to me that there are fewer stories about heists and villainy these days. Eve is turning into a generic MMO.

/eveisdying

and the bans for other people that were just blanketed with "irl harassment" as a reason.

and the titan bumping bans.

it seems any effort to actually create content has been met with bans, lately. when content is player driven, banning content creators seems very counterproductive.
Adrie Atticus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#39 - 2014-09-24 08:17:48 UTC
I only found 7 piles of dog feces at the side of the road this morning, that means people are owning less dogs per head than last year.

Source: I have eyes and I can count to 11 because mommy taught me to use my fingers.
Dave Stark
#40 - 2014-09-24 08:23:22 UTC
Adrie Atticus wrote:
I only found 7 piles of dog ***** at the side of the road this morning, that means people are owning less dogs per head than last year.

Source: I have eyes and I can count to 11 because mommy taught me to use my fingers.

11 fingers?

freak.
Previous page123Next page