These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Small Gang Brutix Fit?

Author
John Ratcliffe
Tradors'R'us
IChooseYou Alliance
#1 - 2014-09-22 14:47:51 UTC
Does anyone have a current Small Gang Navy Brutix fit please? BC seems to suggest Hull Tanking is the way forward; I am unconvinced.

TIA.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

RavenPaine
RaVeN Alliance
#2 - 2014-09-22 15:16:35 UTC
The regular Brutix has an armor rep bonus, which makes it a pretty great, duel rep ship.
The Navy version does not have that bonus though.... Tbh, this is the first time I ever noticed that.

I think that slot layout still makes it an armor tank. 4 mids =
Prop mod
short point
web
cap booster

7 bottom slots gives you a lot of choices, depending on fleet composition.
I'd put
2 mag stabs minimum
DC II
Big gang I'd plateresist it
Small gang I'd still probly duel rep it with resists.

7 high slots =
6 Blasters and a
neut
or warfare link

I fly Brutix's as brawlers for gate camps and such. The T1 version can take gate guns and still be a top damage dealer.
As always...the key is getting in range.
Bronson Hughes
The Knights of the Blessed Mother of Acceleration
#3 - 2014-09-22 17:40:00 UTC
I used to be a fan of the LSE gank-fit Brutix, but I've swapped to a Talos for that role. I don't fly a Brutix that often at the moment, but given the perceived increase in kiting threats, I prefer a 200mm rail, MAAR fit for the increased engagement envelope.

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Adacia Calla
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2014-09-24 02:09:04 UTC
I'd have to do the math on it, but I'm pretty sure any Gallente Navy/Pirate boat can get better EHP out of a hull-buffer fit than an armor fit due to the insane amount of hull they have.

Test signature....forum not applying settings :(

Dato Koppla
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#5 - 2014-09-24 03:38:29 UTC
If you're not running with logi I'd definitely go for a hull tank Navy Brutix, you can get similar if not better EHP with no resist hole and no penalty to speed/align time. Here's the fit I'd use:

[Brutix Navy Issue, PvP Hull Tank]

Reinforced Bulkheads II
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Damage Control II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
Warp Scrambler II
Stasis Webifier II
Stasis Webifier II

Heavy Neutron Blaster II, Void M
Medium Diminishing Power System Drain I

Medium Transverse Bulkhead II

Valkyrie II x5

110k EHP + 1100 OH Void dps + 1270m/s for comparison a 1600mm plate N.Brutix gets 107k EHP (with an explosive hole) + 1040dps (Has to use Ions due to lack of powergrid) + 970m/s and only enough grid for a small nos. So for a buffer fit without logi, hull tank N.Brutix is superior in every way compared to an armor buffer Brutix.
However for a regular Brutix I'd go with a dual rep fit for a small gang, it's got a solid tank, good dps and good mobility and in small gang warfare active tanks are very good. The regular Brutix can also go hull tank but it's not close to as good as the N.Brutix for this.
Valleria Darkmoon
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2014-09-25 08:43:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Valleria Darkmoon
Here's one that works well in small roaming groups where you are your own logi.

High
6x 200mm Railgun II, CN Antimatter
Small Unstable Power Fluctuator

Mids
Experimental 10MN Microwarpdrive I
Warp Disruptor II
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I
Medium Cap Booster II, Navy Cap Booster 800

Low:
Medium Armor Repairer II
Medium Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste
2x Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Damage Control II

Rigs:
Medium Ancillary Current Router I
Medium Auxillary Nano Pump I
Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I

Does a fairly impressive 588 gun dps without the projection problems of needing to be point blank range like with blasters and tanks fairly well also (use exile booster). The fit has the CPU available to easily swap a mag stab for a second EANM, really depends on whether you want more tank or more dps. I prefer the dps myself. For drones I see two strong options, either put in medium damage drones for over 700 dps with the listed fit or take two waves of lights as even javelin can struggle if a frigate really tries to give you a big hug, although you can probably tank him easily.

For fights involving 3-5 people a side this gives a nice mix of damage, projection, utility and tank.

EDIT: Sorry this is a regular Brutix fit, missed the navy bit. It's certainly much more disposable than a navy Brutix. Either way I don't have the time to put together a navy fit atm. I've actually used the fit given here and it works. I find the navy version is very overpriced for not enough improvement to warrant the cost. I would suggest using rails on the navy Brutix as well. If you get held up by webs in a fight while having blasters fitted it gets very frustrating to not be able to apply your massive dps and with friends it's much easier to not have to worry about little stuff getting under your guns. Besides with webs / javelin / small neut / small drones, you have some pretty decent tools to deal with them anyway plus your tracking bonus will help you as well.

Reality has an almost infinite capacity to resist oversimplification.

Marc Durant
#7 - 2014-09-25 10:49:33 UTC
The above reply covers it all.

Rail guns is indeed the small gang best weapon choice, you really don't want to have to burn MWD back and forth to get within blaster range of the next target. Also because med rails are buffed and quite good on brutixes, especially navy ones (although using a navy for a roaming gang sounds a bit silly).

Yes, yes I am. Thanks for noticing.

John Ratcliffe
Tradors'R'us
IChooseYou Alliance
#8 - 2014-09-25 18:34:56 UTC
Thanks for the brilliant replies guys.

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose