These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

POCO's BROKEN and in need of patch love

First post
Author
007of009
Doomheim
#1 - 2011-12-09 05:53:36 UTC  |  Edited by: 007of009
I bet you were all thinking this was yet another cry my taxes are huge cry........

NO THEY ARE JUST PLANE BROKEN

BUG 1- When importing to a planet from the CO and selecting 2 items to import it will only import 1 item then refuse to accept the second item at any point. At times they will not even import one item at a time.

BUG 2- When dragging items from CO to cargo bay you get the popup that item is not within your reach crap when clearly you are. Or it fails to do anything with no fail window popping up and just stays in the CO.

Note the customs offices in question are in a WH and are corp CO's not Interbus because they are gayer than HS PI.

EDIT: Please post in here if you are getting problems also to attempt to get some love from CCP or perhaps a refund on insane ISK spent on broken Customs offices.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#2 - 2011-12-09 06:52:55 UTC
I like Planes. They go *WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH* and sometimes if they're realy going fast they go *RRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAA*CRACK*RRRRRRRRRR* which hurts my earholes, but it's so cool.

I don't really like it when the planes are broken, they just make *Cough* *Sputter* and *WHEEEZE* noises wich are sad sounds.

The bugs sound like something you should petition/bug report. The cost sounds like something you should whine more about.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

007of009
Doomheim
#3 - 2011-12-09 07:03:30 UTC
Your response to a spelling oversight is well perplexing..... you need to step outside some more i think.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#4 - 2011-12-09 07:15:51 UTC
But outside there are Gophers!

Shocked

How can I be safe there when there are GOPHERS!?!

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Janmarri
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#5 - 2011-12-09 10:41:34 UTC
BUG 2- When dragging items from CO to cargo bay you get the popup that item is not within your reach crap when clearly you are. Or it fails to do anything with no fail window popping up and just stays in the CO.

Confirming this bug. 0m from corp Poco in WH and still could not move the Px to my cargo bay. Its happening once every while.
Elecitrickery
Clueless Thrillseekers
#6 - 2011-12-09 10:41:38 UTC
I'm getting the same "not within reach" msg ... i have at least 2 launch pads on my planets .. will let me take some PI stcks from a POCO but not others.

Also some POCO's seem to be working just fine.

Its all very strange ..

With regards the tax ..... couldn't give a damn.

Not tried importing yet .... hope thats not bugged for me Big smile
coolzero
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2011-12-09 10:55:02 UTC
007of009 wrote:
I bet you were all thinking this was yet another cry my taxes are huge cry........

NO THEY ARE JUST PLANE BROKEN

BUG 1- When importing to a planet from the CO and selecting 2 items to import it will only import 1 item then refuse to accept the second item at any point. At times they will not even import one item at a time.

Note the customs offices in question are in a WH and are corp CO's not Interbus because they are gayer than HS PI.

EDIT: Please post in here if you are getting problems also to attempt to get some love from CCP or perhaps a refund on insane ISK spent on broken Customs offices.

bug 2 is becuase eve will autostack but it leaves the old value still there so you can drag the stacked pile out ot it you cannot drag the other out because its a "shadow" you still see.

more annoying i find that eve wont autolimit anymore when draging into the poco

say i have 2 mill units in the poco and i have 3 mill units in my hauler cargo

before the patch i would just drag the stack over to the CO and drop it and and i would get a popup with a adjusted number of units to make it fit.. press ok and the CO was filled up.

now it just gives a error and you have to manualy make it fit :(

FIX PLZ :P
Scrapyard Bob
EVE University
Ivy League
#8 - 2011-12-09 13:48:23 UTC
Both bugs are the same bug, just in different clothing. They've already been reported in the official Cruicible patch issues threads and the devs already have open tickets.

(Which is the subtle hint that you should have reported this in the issues thread, where it would be sure to be read.)
007of009
Doomheim
#9 - 2011-12-09 19:13:54 UTC
Scrapyard Bob wrote:
Both bugs are the same bug, just in different clothing. They've already been reported in the official Cruicible patch issues threads and the devs already have open tickets.

(Which is the subtle hint that you should have reported this in the issues thread, where it would be sure to be read.)

I did at the very same time create an identical thread in there, but alas only the devs read those, so in the hope they don't think this is just one player with the bug it is posted here where more than four people may read it and confirm it and add any other relating issues.

But your right i should in the future scour every written word on the interwebs before proceeding tsk tsk to me. Roll
Desiderya
Blue Canary
Watch This
#10 - 2011-12-09 19:43:13 UTC
The COs like to give me messages like: "Unable to do import the 6080 m3 as the target container only has 10000 units of space left".
Happens when I want to import loads of things by marking them all, then dragging them to the spaceport side. It is annoying, since I spend actually more time vulnerable at the CO in space due to this happening all the time.

Ruthlessness is the kindness of the wise.

Xen Solarus
Furious Destruction and Salvage
#11 - 2011-12-10 00:35:04 UTC
Desiderya wrote:
The COs like to give me messages like: "Unable to do import the 6080 m3 as the target container only has 10000 units of space left".
Happens when I want to import loads of things by marking them all, then dragging them to the spaceport side. It is annoying, since I spend actually more time vulnerable at the CO in space due to this happening all the time.

Yeah i get this all the time. You don't need to be vunerable though, as it doesn't effect moving stuff from your ship to the custom offices, only between the custom office and the planet itself, which you can do remotely through the planet screen. If your spending time sitting their importing at the custom office itself, you're definately increasing your chances of getting owned. Just dump/remove stuff and get outta there asap!

I've reported this bug a few times, and in the correct thread, so i can only assume that it's going to be fixed at some point. It sure is annoying.

Post with your main, like a BOSS!

And no, i don't live in highsec.  As if that would make your opinion any less wrong.  

CCP Nullarbor
C C P
C C P Alliance
#12 - 2011-12-11 23:28:47 UTC
Yes we have a fix for this already, it has just been going through the usual QA / release process and should be landing on TQ this Tuesday.

Rest assured you havn't lost any stuff, it is just a UI glitch. Thanks for your patience.

CCP Nullarbor // Senior Engineer // Team Game of Drones

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#13 - 2011-12-11 23:31:25 UTC
CCP Nullarbor wrote:
Yes we have a fix for this already, it has just been going through the usual QA / release process and should be landing on TQ this Tuesday.

Rest assured you havn't lost any stuff, it is just a UI glitch. Thanks for your patience.

My planes will go *WWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH* and *RRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAA*CRACK*RRRRRRRRRR* again? Shocked Oh Joyous Day! Oh Wonderous Jubilation!

Flurk Hellbron
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#14 - 2011-12-12 02:10:41 UTC
Confirming that all broken planes will be fixed!
007of009
Doomheim
#15 - 2011-12-12 03:24:50 UTC
CCP Nullarbor wrote:

Thanks for posting with a schedule for this.
007of009
Doomheim
#16 - 2011-12-12 07:57:37 UTC
Also while we are at it, any chance of adding splitting and stacking options to customs offices before and after the import process?
CCP Nullarbor
C C P
C C P Alliance
#17 - 2011-12-12 11:13:53 UTC
The customs office is supposed to auto stack all of the time. The when you want to transfer a partial amount you just shift drag and type how much you want.

CCP Nullarbor // Senior Engineer // Team Game of Drones

Desiderya
Blue Canary
Watch This
#18 - 2011-12-12 12:19:48 UTC
Xen Solarus wrote:

Yeah i get this all the time. You don't need to be vunerable though[...]

When I get this multiple times and I need to wait for multiple 10s then I have to wait in space. But yes, it's more annoying than terrible, since I don't have to wait at the CO.

@CCP Nullarbor
Good news and quick fixing!

Ruthlessness is the kindness of the wise.

Unforgiven Storm
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#19 - 2011-12-12 12:59:36 UTC
PI problems:

1 - I also see the popup "that item is not within your reach" all the time if you export an item and have that item already stored in the POCO before. the exported items were stacked with any previous amount kept there (and I do not loose nothing, yes) but the ghost exported item remains there.

2 - I have two monitors and doing PI with two accounts at the same time, sometimes, when I open the planetary mode at the same time in the two accounts, my CPU goes 100% (I have an intel quad core) and it takes triple the amount of time to open than I just open each one at a time. Also, for the first planet that I open ONLY, SOMETIMES, sometimes, 1 of 2 possible graphical problems happen:

a (most common) - If the planet I'm opening is a lava or plasma, then the last layer of the planet is not shown: plasma planets are all blue and lava planets are all red/lava like the sun. that last layer of land above the lava or the plasma is not design.

a (less common) - White squares appear in the places where the extractors or any planetary infrastructure should be seen, If I click in the center of this white squares I can still select and open whatever is there. Also there white squares flick allot .

(Radeon HD 5830 - 1 GB GDDR5 - PCI-Express 2.0 - drives from ATI from 11.11 | windows 7 64bits 4GB memory)

3 - Sometimes, also very rarely, when I drag an item only to export, press the button to export, export is done but the window closes by itself !

Annoying PI stuff:

1 - When I select a POCO menu and I want to go to the planetary mode of the planet that poco is in orbit, the menu offers no such option, I have to try to find the planet in the overview to access it ...

2 - I have several chars, 5 planets each: my normal steps every day are:
- open industrial window
- double click a CC, planet opens
- look for my setup
- double click first extractor
- click apply button
- double click second extractor
- click apply button
- then click the apply changes button
then I go for my second planet in my list and here is where things get interesting, I go through all my steps I press apply settings button and I get a wait 4 or 5 seconds popup window!

I'm in another planet, why this window to apply settings in ANOTHER planet?
If for some reason the server needs some time to do something can this time be reduced to half its value?
I lose more time waiting for this timer to get to zero than resetting all the extractor in all 5 planets!...
Also, if possible, can we select another default focus point when the planet mode opens other than our cc, I also lose a couple of seconds looking for my setup each time I open the planet and its really annoying...

Unforgiven Storm for CSM 9, 10, 11, 12 and 13. (If I don't get in in the next 5 years I will quit trying) :-)