These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Player entities we cannot do without?

First post First post
Author
DusternBliksm
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1 - 2014-09-23 09:52:37 UTC
Is there any player entity in the game right now who's disapearance would either be concidered a huge loss to the community or would at the very least change the game as we know it?

Share your opinions on who and why.
Adrie Atticus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#2 - 2014-09-23 09:55:04 UTC
RP threads belong in another forum section.
Solecist Project
#3 - 2014-09-23 09:56:45 UTC
Not mine! \o/ :D

I'm gone in just a bit over a month! :D

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

DusternBliksm
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#4 - 2014-09-23 10:01:25 UTC
Adrie Atticus wrote:
RP threads belong in another forum section.

This is not meant to be an RP thread.

Not sure where you got that idea.
Arline Kley
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#5 - 2014-09-23 10:03:25 UTC
The Lord of all 3rd party trade, mining and honour; Chribba.

Him leaving the community would be pretty bad especially if all his websites went dark, since he makes several useful sites...

"For it was said they had become like those peculiar demons, which dwell in matter but in whom no light may be found." - Father Grigori, Ravens 3:57

Christian Lionbate
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2014-09-23 10:22:16 UTC
Don Purple, what's life without snuggles?
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#7 - 2014-09-23 11:14:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Sibyyl
In addition to what Arline said, people who make tools that EVE players use every day.. EVEMon, EFT, Pyfa, DOTLAN, Pirate's Friend, etc. to name a few (there are so many).

Maybe you meant inside the game.. I think the leadership in the larger rookie friendly corps (BNI, E-Uni) could be considered impactful (but once again their impact is on a metagaming level). Same goes for the existing members of CSM.

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Solecist Project
#8 - 2014-09-23 11:16:55 UTC
Christian Lionbate wrote:
Don Purple, what's life without snuggles?

He's gone.
Didn't want us to force gametime upon him.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#9 - 2014-09-23 11:59:19 UTC
Sibyyl wrote:
Same goes for the existing members of CSM.

Actually came up at the summit. (Leeloo talked about it on Crossing Zebras, so I can mention it)

We've talked about how to remove and replace inactive members of the CSM. It'll come from CCP, with agreement from the CSM.

A slot used up by an inactive member makes the CSM less useful to CCP, so being able to remove a member who's doing /nothing/ makes the CSM, as a whole, more useful. (This doesn't cover short term inactivity)

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Abrazzar
Vardaugas Family
#10 - 2014-09-23 12:04:46 UTC
Goonswarm. Who else would we hate then? CODE. ? Please. I still have some dignity left.

GRRR GOONS !
Yang Aurilen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#11 - 2014-09-23 12:40:15 UTC
Abrazzar wrote:
Goonswarm. Who else would we hate then? CODE. ? Please. I still have some dignity left.

GRRR GOONS !

Anyone in nullsec.Roll No one left in nullsec? Go GrrSNUFF/GrrBALEX/GrrSWIGG basically everyone in lowsec? Lowsec gone? Too bad EVE is DED­™.

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Dave Stark
#12 - 2014-09-23 12:42:12 UTC
Steve Ronuken wrote:
(This doesn't cover short term inactivity)

then it's pointless.

the csm itself is short term, if you're only doing it for extended absences the damage has already been done by having some one inactive for so long.
Xenuria
#13 - 2014-09-23 12:43:20 UTC
Abrazzar wrote:

GRRR GOONS !

I think you missed the point of fighting goons.
They are the ones who hate, hating them or any living thing for that matter is counter productive.

That said I think we can all agree that I am an essential part of this community.
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#14 - 2014-09-23 12:45:58 UTC
Dave Stark wrote:
Steve Ronuken wrote:
(This doesn't cover short term inactivity)

then it's pointless.

the csm itself is short term, if you're only doing it for extended absences the damage has already been done by having some one inactive for so long.

I think we have differences in our definitions of short and long term.

If someone's going to be inactive for a month, because of things happening meatside, that's short term. (and they should tell us). If it's going to happen repeatedly, that's another matter.

If someone's going to be inactive for 3 months, that's long term.

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Tyburn Stannis
Xenon Salvage Inc.
#15 - 2014-09-23 12:55:12 UTC
DusternBliksm wrote:
Is there any player entity in the game right now who's disapearance would either be concidered a huge loss to the community or would at the very least change the game as we know it?

Share your opinions on who and why.

Estel Arador Corps Services. Saving so many pilots from the jumpclone standings grind.

o/
Mike Adoulin
Happys Happy Hamster Hunting Club
#16 - 2014-09-23 13:58:24 UTC
While losing Chribba would be a great loss.....somebody would eventually replace him.

Eventually.

And while nullsec (and the game) would be a lot less fun without GrrrGoons!!!, it would still survive.

No, the one group of players that would spell EVE's doom if they all vanished overnight would be......wait for it............

The Russians.

The game would pretty much die without the Russians.

Everything in EVE is a trap.

And if it isn't, it's your job to make it a trap...:)

You want to know what immorality in EVE Online looks like? Look no further than Ripard "Jester" Teg.

Chribba is the Chuck Norris of EVE.

Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#17 - 2014-09-23 14:10:02 UTC
Abrazzar wrote:

GRRR GOONS !

Unlike the Goons, people actually like us. We are the Elite PvP super stars of EVE. Are there even other alliances besides Goons, CODE. and Marmites? See, no one would even notice if they are gone.
Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2014-09-23 14:12:06 UTC
Xenuria wrote:
That said I think we can all agree that I am an essential part of this community.

Hockles would disagree.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#19 - 2014-09-23 14:13:30 UTC
I'd say Sir Livingston and zaqq... But that's just me ^^

Krell Kroenen
The Devil's Shadow
#20 - 2014-09-23 14:38:52 UTC
In game entities come and go, always have and always will. But there are members of the community that do leave a mark by doing more than just play the game. Chribba is one them, as someone else pointed out. And there are others who build tools and create resources that help make the game more enjoyable for the rest of us.

Yet they are not entities, so to answer your question. No there isn't a single entity that Eve requires that it can't do without, in my opinion. Once one falls another take's it's place. Fills the void so to speak.

123Next pageLast page