These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Petition to remove pvp ship combat from high sec.

First post
Author
Steppa Musana
Doomheim
#81 - 2014-09-19 10:22:52 UTC
At first glance, I figured the OP was just trolling.

It seems he in fact is not.

What?

Hey guys.

Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#82 - 2014-09-19 10:50:05 UTC
Celthric Kanerian wrote:
Benton Risalo wrote:


but they don't understand that we are the ones who make it possible for them to build their ships. They don't understand that we are the ones who harvest the minerals, ship them, and sell them.



Actually CODE. got their own manufactures and miners... Because their miners got a permit.
They are a bunch of hypocrital a-holes.

Actually the targets I kill drop ore, lot's of ore.. I don't have to mine to manufacture my Catalysts and modules.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#83 - 2014-09-22 13:36:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
afkalt wrote:
In spite of what you may think of the community/players - a simple post in the appropriate subforum asking for guidelines on safe travel and tips and tricks will yield excellent results.
Which only a minority will pay any heed to, because the people giving the advice out are usually the same people the advice is required to counter; thus the advice is seen to be bad.

Carebears inherently distrust gankers or anyone that isn't a rabid carebear, and anything they have to say. Any advice given out, no matter how good, automatically has to have a catch to it which gives others an advantage.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Lucrii Dei
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#84 - 2014-09-22 13:44:26 UTC
Petition to lobotomize people that think that every single MMO needs a magical garden of four-leaf clovers, rainbows and unicorns that poop candy and glitter.

╔═══ ♥ ═════════════╗

EVEcandy™; An EVE Gallery!

╚══════════════ ♥ ══╝

Hengle Teron
Rorquals Anonymous
Two Maidens One Chalice
#85 - 2014-09-22 13:47:31 UTC
Roll
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#86 - 2014-09-22 17:24:13 UTC
Benton Risalo wrote:

...
I'm tired of having my ships destroyed in high sec while I'm carrying expensive goods. I'm tired of not being able to retaliate against people like the agents of New Order because I lack the isk, guns, and skills to do so.
...
The suicide gankers make it more work than it's worth to mine, ship, and sell.
...
Personally, I joined Eve because it looked like a fun space sim, and it's a good game, for the most part, but I recently quit because I don't want to deal with the suicide gankers anymore.
...
I will bring the carebears together, and together we will crush the suicide gankers and wannabe Concord agents into the dirt.

Surely this is a troll? Please?

OP tears about getting ganked, yet seems incapable of doing any form of research to stay safe from gankers?

OP fails to take note of CCP Falcon's recent post, re-affirming ganking is EvE working as intended (also pasted in the above linked article).

OP fails to realize "EvE" is not a foreign language translation of "WoW" into his native tongue, and should quit EvE to play WoW with all the other pansies immediately.

F


Hakan MacTrew
MUTED VOID
#87 - 2014-09-22 19:10:56 UTC
Benton Risalo wrote:
I'm tired of having my ships destroyed in high sec while I'm carrying expensive goods.

So, don't carry so much stuff in under tanked ships.

Benton Risalo wrote:
I'm tired of not being able to retaliate against people like the agents of New Order because I lack the isk, guns, and skills to do so.

Seriously? You can't afford or fy a T1 fit Catalyst?

Benton Risalo wrote:
They call us care bears, but they don't understand that we are the ones who make it possible for them to build their ships. They don't understand that we are the ones who harvest the minerals, ship them, and sell them. And yet, they abuse us. The suicide gankers make it more work than it's worth to mine, ship, and sell. .

You haven't thought this through have you?

The actions of gankers like The New Order increase the cost of items bought and sold in highsec. That benefits those manufacturers and miners who are not getting ganked. Follow that train of thought to its logical conclusion.

Even so, think about this carefully:
Suicide gankers have thought about ways of getting what they want within the constraints of the rules as laid down by CCP. They have overcome the obstacles in front of them with the tools they have to hand and some creative thinking. Time for you to do the same. Set yourself a realistic goal and work out how to achieve it. It's do-able.


You are aware though that EVE is a PvP based game, right? Even selling stuff on the market is another form of PvP. Industry, Mining, Hauling. It's all competative gamely, thus it's PvP. Spamming F1 isn't the be all and end all of PvP.
Spugg Galdon
Last Rites.
Villore Accords
#88 - 2014-09-22 19:28:37 UTC
To help you in your current understanding of EvE Online I'm going to leave the full EvE Online playing manual below:


Welcome to EvE Online.

Here is a rubix cube.

Go and **** yourself.
Toriessian
PCG Enterprises
#89 - 2014-09-22 19:50:22 UTC
I will support removal of PVP in hi sec when mining is turned into a dance dance revolution style minigame with yield dependent on number of steps.



Every day I'm wafflin!

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#90 - 2014-09-22 20:15:05 UTC
no.

/thread

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#91 - 2014-09-22 20:18:27 UTC

Petition Denied!

There are no safe places in space, and there never should be!
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#92 - 2014-09-22 20:22:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Alvatore DiMarco
Guys, OP has unsubbed and can't reply. Let's let this thread die, just like OP's dreams of a magical candy-sec.

Please?
Wolf Incaelum
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#93 - 2014-09-22 20:45:03 UTC
Benton Risalo wrote:
I know, a lot of you are going to call me a carebear crybaby, and what not, but I don't really care. I know there are others out there who feel the way I do, and CCP might listen if we all raise our voices together.

I know there have been attempts like this in the past, but we have lacked unity and persistence. I will persist when others tire. I will unite us when we are divided. I will bring the carebears together, and together we will crush the suicide gankers and wannabe Concord agents into the dirt.

CCP will listen to us. They will change. They will submit to the will of the community.


THUR GONNA BE A DAGGONE CURR BURR REVOLOOSHUN!!!! HAHAHAHA!

All I have to say to you is this: If you want a game that's going to hold your tiny little hand, if you want a game that's going to give you cookies and call you a good boy for doing "cool" things, if you want a game that has areas that are 100% safe (and therefore 100% unrealistic and, more importantly, 100% boring) then go play WoW, GW, GW2, SWTOR, etc. Hell, why don't you just pack your bags and move in with the RuneScape community. You only have to pay $5/month for a sub and the game is SUPER gentle on your fragile little mind. You couldn't be more wrong in saying that not having safe space ruins Eve. Not having a completely safe place to go is what makes Eve a wonderful work of art. It's what sets it aside from everything else. It's what makes it different, rather than being a copy of all the other MMO's out there with different graphics and a different UI. The problem, SIR, is not with Eve. The problem is with you and players like you. Don't try to change the game that we all love and enjoy, because CCP will NOT, in fact, entertain your childish desires. If you want the same old bull crap as the majority of MMO players, there are other games for you, and Eve clearly is not one of them.

ANARCHYFOREVAAARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#94 - 2014-09-22 20:53:08 UTC
Jonah Gravenstein wrote:
afkalt wrote:
In spite of what you may think of the community/players - a simple post in the appropriate subforum asking for guidelines on safe travel and tips and tricks will yield excellent results.
Which only a minority will pay any heed to, because the people giving the advice out are usually the same people the advice is required to counter; thus the advice is seen to be bad.

Carebears inherently distrust gankers or anyone that isn't a rabid carebear, and anything they have to say. Any advice given out, no matter how good, automatically has to have a catch to it which gives others an advantage.


Sometimes, not always. Some sub forums are better than others in terms of trolling/baiting levels.

Your point is still quite true on many occasions though.
Trixie Lawless
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#95 - 2014-09-22 22:05:29 UTC
OP, although I strongly disagree with you, I do have some sympathy for you. Unless you are used to doing a lot of research, it can be a little unclear as to what dangers await you in new eden.

Also understand that as an industrialist you are most definitely not unarmed.you weild one of the greatest weapons of all. ISK. Don't be greedy with it. Use it to hire muscle and scouts. Use it to hire a merc corp and dec the gankers. That way they can accompany you on high value runs and gate crash the areas where the gankers hang out, or pay one of them to web you into warp if you are getting messed with.

You are definitely not unarmed, you just have to be less "greedy" and accept a smaller profit margin for security or find friends to fly with. If you find and make good friends with combat pilots you can all get rich together!
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#96 - 2014-09-22 22:10:42 UTC
Trixie Lawless wrote:
or pay one of them to web you into warp if you are getting messed with.

I would totally web you into warp for ISK
Trixie Lawless
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#97 - 2014-09-22 22:17:08 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Trixie Lawless wrote:
or pay one of them to web you into warp if you are getting messed with.

I would totally web you into warp for ISK


Lol not pay the gankers, but pay someone to travel with you to help hit warp faster. Just trying to point out to the guy that there are options besides having the game changed.
Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#98 - 2014-09-22 22:34:21 UTC
[Iteron Mark V, New Setup 1]
Damage Control II
Power Diagnostic System II
Power Diagnostic System II
Power Diagnostic System II
Power Diagnostic System II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
EM Ward Field II
Large Shield Extender II

Prototype Cloaking Device I
[empty high slot]

Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

31k EHP. Only carries 7,250 m3 though. Pilot manually. Align to something and cloak if there are destroyers or Tornados on gate.

Industrials seem pretty useless to me honestly. They're so flimsy people will gank them without even bothering to scan them, on the off chance that they will drop something good. A few catalysts or thrashers aren't a big loss.

Fly an Orca instead.

[Orca, hull tanked]
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Damage Control II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
EM Ward Field II
Prototype 100MN Microwarpdrive I

Improved Cloaking Device II
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Large Transverse Bulkhead II
Large Transverse Bulkhead II
Large Transverse Bulkhead II

Slot 6: EG-605 powergrid implant

414k EHP. Align to gate, run MWD for 1 cycle, then click warp to gate as soon as MWD cycle is over.

If needing to transport something small in m3 but expensive, stick it in a heavily tanked Drake or something. I don't see any use for standard industrial ships. They're crap.
Seranthor Dailaigh
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#99 - 2014-09-23 07:58:55 UTC
Benton Risalo wrote:
I don't know about everyone else, but I know that I'm not alone in this.

I'm tired of having my ships destroyed in high sec while I'm carrying expensive goods. I'm tired of not being able to retaliate against people like the agents of New Order because I lack the isk, guns, and skills to do so.



Benton,

Let me begin by saying I understand your pain. I dont feel your pain, but I understand it. That said I find absolutely no merit in your petition nor your position.

YOU are the one responsible for your losses, not anyone else. 'How can that be?' you exclaim. And my response is simple... You did something that led to the situation where you lost your ship/cargo... Could be any number of things... might have been AFK piloting (I made that mistake once and lost my ship for it)... or maybe you weren't paying attention to your surroundings (I made that mistake as well and lost my ship for it)... When you do something stupid, foolish, careless, or otherwise expose yourself, then someone very well can take advantage of that.

Dont want to PVP? Then take the extra time and caution to make sure you dont put yourself into a position where you have to...

You are 'tired' of not being able to retaliate? Then take the time to learn how to, or better yet, learn how to avoid the situation.

All that said, I think your petition would lead to game breaking consequences and effectively destroy the fabric of the game.
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#100 - 2014-09-23 09:48:07 UTC
Unezka Turigahl wrote:
[Iteron Mark V, New Setup 1]
Damage Control II
Power Diagnostic System II
Power Diagnostic System II
Power Diagnostic System II
Power Diagnostic System II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
EM Ward Field II
Large Shield Extender II

Prototype Cloaking Device I
[empty high slot]

Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I
Medium Core Defense Field Extender I

31k EHP. Only carries 7,250 m3 though. Pilot manually. Align to something and cloak if there are destroyers or Tornados on gate.

Industrials seem pretty useless to me honestly. They're so flimsy people will gank them without even bothering to scan them, on the off chance that they will drop something good. A few catalysts or thrashers aren't a big loss.

Fly an Orca instead.

[Orca, hull tanked]
Reinforced Bulkheads II
Damage Control II

Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
Adaptive Invulnerability Field II
EM Ward Field II
Prototype 100MN Microwarpdrive I

Improved Cloaking Device II
[empty high slot]
[empty high slot]

Large Transverse Bulkhead II
Large Transverse Bulkhead II
Large Transverse Bulkhead II

Slot 6: EG-605 powergrid implant

414k EHP. Align to gate, run MWD for 1 cycle, then click warp to gate as soon as MWD cycle is over.

If needing to transport something small in m3 but expensive, stick it in a heavily tanked Drake or something. I don't see any use for standard industrial ships. They're crap.


That is why I make all my transportation in a Vargur with 3 Xl ASB 3 INVUL fields and 1 DC. :P

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"