These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Expanding the Universe...

Author
Bullock Brawn
Doomheim
#1 - 2014-09-22 00:45:05 UTC
I've only played this game since 2011, but haven't noticed any expansions to the Universe.

Any Original Vets out there know the upgrade path CCP has done in the past with Universe Expansion, or has it always been what it is.

Not saying it's bad, but it seems small in comparison to the current new games on the horizon, and the large number of players on at one time..

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#2 - 2014-09-22 00:55:20 UTC
Oh look, it's this terrible idea again. Expanding the Universe actually reduces content, not increases it. And simply gives the current overlords even more.
What needs to happen is each system get more content at the same time instead. So that each system is busy & alive. Increase in content without spreading players out more.
Bullock Brawn
Doomheim
#3 - 2014-09-22 01:03:53 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Oh look, it's this terrible idea again. Expanding the Universe actually reduces content, not increases it. And simply gives the current overlords even more.
What needs to happen is each system get more content at the same time instead. So that each system is busy & alive. Increase in content without spreading players out more.

Not sure I follow the logic here, as adding new systems would go along with putting something in them to do.

Jack Carrigan
Order of the Shadow
The Revenant Order
#4 - 2014-09-22 01:19:59 UTC
And it would be just one more thing the null monkeys would take over or ruin.

I am the One who exists in Shadow. I am the Devil your parents warned you about.

||CEO: Order of the Shadow||Executor: The Revenant Order||Creator: Bowhead||

Bullock Brawn
Doomheim
#5 - 2014-09-22 01:45:16 UTC
Jack Carrigan wrote:
And it would be just one more thing the null monkeys would take over or ruin.

I completely understand both your points of view regarding the Null Alliances having their hands in it. Current Size is roughly 5000 systems (unless it's changed) with an additional 2500 wormhole. This for over 500,000 players doesn't leave a lot of room for new players to find a home that hasn't already been claimed years ago.

What if you up the system count to 50,000 ( ten times) with 25000 worm hole systems.

Alliances would have a very difficult time managing and protecting that kind of space (the player numbers wouldn't change much) and the new or solo players could venture around and find a better game as it was intended to be, more of an adventure.

The new games coming out are trying to procedurally generate these types of things and if you instances them, it wouldn't be much more of a server load.

I think the biggest bottleneck with the game as is, is it's just so small for the number of players playing it. At least for those of us who would like to explore, it seems everything is already populated which is sort of contrary to space in general...

It's all good, otherwise.

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#6 - 2014-09-22 02:21:36 UTC
OP complains that there aren't enough systems, and yet so much of lowsec and nullsec are empty all the time.
Celthric Kanerian
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2014-09-22 05:38:44 UTC
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
OP complains that there aren't enough systems, and yet so much of lowsec and nullsec are empty all the time.

Exactly my thought..
Tabyll Altol
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2014-09-22 07:48:48 UTC
Don´t need more Systems in Low/0.0 Space are so much systems where you only have 10-20 Jumps for each hour. Only Highsec is crowded but i wouldn´t see an good point in changing this.

Jint Hikaru
OffWorld Exploration Inc
#9 - 2014-09-22 08:06:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Jint Hikaru
Bullock Brawn wrote:

What if you up the system count to 50,000 ( ten times) with 25000 worm hole systems.

While I understand you are referencing Elite:Dangerous, that is a different game entirely.

As for increasing Eve to 50,000 systems, that Bonkers. When i log on there is usually somewhere in the region of 34,000 players logged in. Of this, (and I'm not even going to try to make up figures), you have a whole load of alts, market/spam bots, mining bot fleets etc.

So with your 50,000 systems, that's a whole lot less than 1 person per system. Not very good for MMO content.

Massively increasing the system count in Eve will lead to 2 things:

1 - a few more people going exploring

2 - a LOT more empty systems.

Bullock Brawn wrote:

Not saying it's bad, but it seems small in comparison to the current new games on the horizon

I would like to ask Mr Brawn, how many systems in the game have you visited?

Jint Hikaru - Miner / Salvager / Explorer / SpaceBum In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.