These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Offgrid Boosting - yes another , but a bit different thread

Author
Kazume Nakuo
Magister Mortalis.
Undead Nation
#21 - 2014-09-18 18:03:02 UTC
Anthar Thebess wrote:
... they will not remove links to loose all accounts linked only to this activity , and i more than few people who keep one of their accounts only because of the boosting provided to small gangs.

This ... why would CCP fix something that raises their profits while unfixed?
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#22 - 2014-09-18 18:23:54 UTC
Limiting booster effects to the squad is an excellent solution, with or without links being on grid.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Phaade
Proioxis Assault Force
Rogue Caldari Union
#23 - 2014-09-18 18:51:38 UTC
My Afterburner and MWD suddenly improve thrust by about 50%, my armor becomes harder, my shields become tougher, my shields boost faster and more efficiently, my ships engines and stabilizers are improved making me more maneuverable, my warp disruption technology somehow increases range by 20%......etc.........

All because I am in a google hangout with someone 25 - 100 AU away.

YEAH THAT MAKES SENSE.

Links are ******* stupid and have been since their inception. They are about as close to pay to win as you can get.
Phaade
Proioxis Assault Force
Rogue Caldari Union
#24 - 2014-09-18 18:52:52 UTC
Luwc wrote:
move boosts on grid as planned.

done

give higher cap use for gang links so it can be neuted

done.

Apparently CCP programmers can't figure out how the grid works.....or something.

That's the horse **** they feed us, anyway.
Phaade
Proioxis Assault Force
Rogue Caldari Union
#25 - 2014-09-18 18:56:58 UTC
Katia Echerie wrote:
The solution to the off grid boosts "problem" is to bring your own. I used to think that OGB sucked too. Then I started bringing my own. Now its just levelled the playing field.

Problem is they allow certain ships to operate and speeds / ranges they otherwise shouldn't be able to and, honestly, weren't intended. They make for lame gameplay unless you are on the dishing end, which requires paying extra money.

The 9km/s Garmer that points you from 70km comes to mind. Even a single linked condor is a force to be reckoned with. It's really, really dumb. Or when I can chase down frigates in my stabber.....

Aside from making no sense, It's bad for gameplay.
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#26 - 2014-09-18 19:17:58 UTC

Links are overpowered. Even moreso in small gang environments, because you have less people in action to overcome the major boosts they provide.

Each warfare link has a power level similar to an entire pirate implant set or standard combat booster.

Snake Implants 1-6 give a 24% boost to speed to ONE SHIP.
Rapid deployment gives a 30% boost to EVERY MEMBER OF THE FLEET.

Furthermore, with your pirate implant set, you are limited to one major set of boosts.
With links, you can have boosts akin to a Snake Set, a Crystal Set, a Halo set, and more, simultaneously, provided to every member of your fleet.

Frankly, links are way out of balance with the rest of EvE's mechanics. This is irrefutable to anyone that actually looks at the numbers. Paying for a second account does not justify an overpowered mechanic. Months of skill training does not justify an overpowered mechanic. Links truly need to be balanced. This may be a nerf of their bonus magnitudes. This may be a nerf to their safety (move them on grid). This may be a hard counter to links (link disruptors).

Here are some deployable structures I think would help balance links:
A.) A device that you anchor in a system (like an ESS) that disables all fleet bonuses within the system.
B.) A device that you anchor in space that disables all fleet bonuses to ships on grid.
Saisin
Chao3's Rogue Operatives Corp
Chao3 Alliance
#27 - 2014-09-19 00:02:24 UTC
+1 for the OP idea. It matches the concept of reducing blobs to smaller components... LIKE IT!

Vote Borat Guereen for CSM XII

Check out the Minarchist Space Project

Previous page12