These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Assembly Hall

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Proposal] Pick one. Instantaneous warp OR Nullified

Author
Roland 99
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2014-09-11 16:21:38 UTC
In case no one has noticed lately, almost all roaming gangs are inties now. Why? They instawarp, they are immune to bubbles, and they can cover insane swaths of space in a very short amount of time. A Keres RSB'ed over 3k is at the mercy of a server tick to catch one.

1: Keep the Warp acceleration bonus on the short point DPS inties ( Claw, Crusader, Taranis, Crow) lose the nullification
2: Keep the nullification bonus on the long point fleet inties ( malediction, ares, stiletto, Raptor) Lose the insta-warp

Outside of some really over the top gimmick fleets ( Smartbomb BS'es mainly ) inty gangs are damn near impossible to catch, even with a perfectly set up tackler. The combination of instantaneous warp and nullification is becoming a balance issue.

thanks
Wolf Kruol
Suicide Squad Gamma
#2 - 2014-09-14 03:25:56 UTC
I think this is a bad idea. Ceptors have already been nerfed.. Why does it need to be nerfed again? Are you not able or capable to think or find strategies to kill them?

Reason they work so well is because they are well made now. There doesn't need more nerfing.. There needs balancing..

So Nerfing = bad. Soon the only ship good will be rookie ships. Blink

“If you're very very stupid? How can you possibly realize you're very very stupid?

You have to be relatively intelligent to realize how stupid you really are!”

Agatir Solenth
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2014-09-14 13:06:03 UTC
I never understood why they were given this capability...
Icarus Able
Refuse.Resist
#4 - 2014-09-18 18:19:04 UTC
Agatir Solenth wrote:
I never understood why they were given this capability...

To counter nullbears putting 50+ bubbles around their gates.
Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#5 - 2014-09-18 18:44:10 UTC

I'm not a fan of interdiction nullified ships.... I think the change that needs to be made is to the interdiction nullification mechanics.

Once, I think during dominion, CCP accidentally nerfed Interdiction Nullification mechanics. It made it so ships could warp OUT of a bubble, but if there was a bubble at their warp destination they'd still get pulled into it.

This is the change that is needed. Make it happen again, and then the nullified ships still have a vulnerability!
Felix Judge
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2014-09-18 22:23:51 UTC
Mad about the fact that there is a class of ship that is among the most fragile and dps-less in the universe that can escape from a gate camp? C'mon!
Summer Isle
Autumn Industrial Enterprises
#7 - 2014-09-19 14:39:12 UTC
Interceptors can warp quickly, yes, but they're unable to achieve insta-warp without sacrificing some low slots or rigs, meaning they're giving up DPS or EHP in order to achieve it.

They really aren't that impressive of a ship until you have a blob of them. Fast, yes, but fragile, and while a few of them had respectable combat abilities, it was primarily because of their weapons bonuses. Otherwise, catching a web and a scram on them makes them melt to a stern look.

Talk is cheap, but Void S and Quake L are cheaper.