These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Oceanus] Interceptor Updates

First post First post
Author
Tiberizzle
Your Mom Heavy Industries
#101 - 2014-09-18 15:14:45 UTC
interceptors can't retain their immunity to forced engagement without eventually snuffing out nearly all organic content outside of highsec / lolsec forced content honor beacons.

when the only response to an interceptor fleet is to Stop Playing or Form Interceptors and Go **** With Their Friends, it doesn't take an elite PL tournament commentator to realize that interceptor fraction of gameplay grows like cancer until nearly no other content is left and even the people who are perfectly happy roaming interceptors all day get bored with not tackling eachother and go play another game

some might even argue much of this has already come to pass.

please, think of the children, and either remove interdiction nullification from interceptors or fix their agility so that it's not game mechanically impossible to tackle them when agility fitted, because i dont think your bottom line can withstand ccpl fuzzie's stilted vision of 23/7 420 erryday interceptor roamz.
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#102 - 2014-09-18 15:16:10 UTC
Rockets are not as useful against drones as LMs and you cannot fly away from drones if you orbit. If you can fly away from drones and shoot them with LMs in the process, the drones die. With rockets, this is hardly possible.

If they weren't, why does the Crow still has it? Roll This would have been the most sensible thing to remove, not the LM ROF from the Male. Moreover, what is the point of a LR tackler, which cannot apply some damage to defend itself from other LR tacklers? And an LR tackler that can only apply damage (calling it damage is ridiculous, by the way) up to 10 km?

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Metal Icarus
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#103 - 2014-09-18 15:19:02 UTC
I'd be fine with the malediction change if you give the crusader a tracking bonus to replace the cap use for its guns and give a bigger cap capacity.

Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#104 - 2014-09-18 15:27:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Rivr Luzade
Tiberizzle wrote:
when the only response to an interceptor fleet is to Stop Playing or Form Interceptors and Go **** With Their Friends, it doesn't take an elite PL tournament commentator to realize that interceptor fraction of gameplay grows like cancer until nearly no other content is left and even the people who are perfectly happy roaming interceptors all day get bored with not tackling eachother and go play another game.

In your case stopping to play is probably is the only choice left for you. For more capable people, however, interceptor fleets means Talwars, Caracals, Ahac with Webs, Heretics/Flycatchers and other ships that can counter ceptors perfectly fine. So please don't project your own and your coalitions inability for proper ship piloting onto the rest of the game. But honestly, what can you expect from a corp, who's most active members are High sec gankers and siphon unit planters? Roll

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

Robotic Lincoln
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#105 - 2014-09-18 15:31:31 UTC
I’d like to push back against forcing the Malediction into a rocket-only fit. It seems like poor design to strip away an attractive option that’s slightly overpowered only because of the module. If your 6% ROF nerf doesn’t solve LMLs, that’s a problem with the weapon system and not a special problem with the Malediction. Please let me keep my annoying, LML-spitting Cylon Raider.
Tiberizzle
Your Mom Heavy Industries
#106 - 2014-09-18 15:33:33 UTC
Rivr Luzade wrote:
Tiberizzle wrote:
when the only response to an interceptor fleet is to Stop Playing or Form Interceptors and Go **** With Their Friends, it doesn't take an elite PL tournament commentator to realize that interceptor fraction of gameplay grows like cancer until nearly no other content is left and even the people who are perfectly happy roaming interceptors all day get bored with not tackling eachother and go play another game.

In your case stopping to play is probably is the only choice left for you. For more capable people, however, interceptor fleets means Talwars, Caracals, Ahac with Webs, Heretics/Flycatchers and other ships that can counter ceptors perfectly fine. So please don't project your own and your coalitions inability for proper ship piloting onto the rest of the game. Roll

im assuming in my argument that the interceptor is not a ****** and will not willingly engage something it will lose to because the choice of engagement is always in its hands

im sorry if you're the kind of fellow that runs around engaging hacs and caracals in web/scram range in your interceptor, if that's the case this argument is reasoned at a level of game understanding well above you and you can sit it out safely
Milton Middleson
Rifterlings
#107 - 2014-09-18 15:35:37 UTC
Oh man, the teeth-gnashing of the nanobrigade because their bullshit OP weapon system got nerfed by six whole percentage points is amazing. A crow's post-change dps will be ~83% of present, and you'll apply it better and have selectable damage. The only real horror is that you'll actually have to give up your tank for a kiting fit. The humanity! I don't know if DPS is where I would have hit LMLs, but this is not some apocalyptic nerf.

Limiting the malediction to rockets is a) fine b) better than the alternative. Rocket maledictions were quite viable before the interceptor changes, and they'll be viable now. The alternative would be an across the board nerf, making the malediction terrible at everything instead of axing the lmls.

What I really want to know is why the Claw got nothing.
ISD LackOfFaith
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#108 - 2014-09-18 15:38:43 UTC
Removed a post bringing RL politics into this.

ISD LackOfFaith

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

I do not respond to Eve Mail or anything other than the forums.

Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#109 - 2014-09-18 15:42:12 UTC
Tiberizzle wrote:
Rivr Luzade wrote:
Tiberizzle wrote:

In your case stopping to play is probably is the only choice left for you. For more capable people, however, interceptor fleets means Talwars, Caracals, Ahac with Webs, Heretics/Flycatchers and other ships that can counter ceptors perfectly fine. So please don't project your own and your coalitions inability for proper ship piloting onto the rest of the game. Roll

im assuming in my argument that the interceptor is not a ****** and will not willingly engage something it will lose to because the choice of engagement is always in its hands

im sorry if you're the kind of fellow that runs around engaging hacs and caracals in web/scram range in your interceptor, if that's the case this argument is reasoned at a level of game understanding well above you and you can sit it out safely

I see, you are only after kill mails. That explains a lot. You know... driving the ceptors out of your space without getting a kill mail is also a won fight. Forcing ceptors to run a way from your fleet or face obliteration is also a good fight and serves the goal to secure your space from these invaders just as fine. But I guess you only get PAPs or receive SRP when you provide kill mails.

Your assumption is perfectly fine, and forcing the ceptor fleet to leg it is already a won fight and has achieved the goal. Kill mails are icing, not the necessity to undock and fight. Henceforth, ceptor fleets as they are are fine. What is wrong and broken is the attitude of the players in this game and it revolving around kill mails, kill mails and more kill mails to have a "gudfite".

John Bloodryder
Brave Newbies Inc.
Brave Collective
#110 - 2014-09-18 15:46:11 UTC
Well CCP has tried to fix something again, and again it screws me over..... looks like i have to train another racial frig to 5. Making the raptor slower really irks me. Now caldari interceptors are kind of useless in 0.0.
THANKS CCP
Promiscuous Female
GBS Logistics and Fives Support
#111 - 2014-09-18 15:53:07 UTC
John Bloodryder wrote:
Well CCP has tried to fix something again, and again it screws me over..... looks like i have to train another racial frig to 5. Making the raptor slower really irks me. Now caldari interceptors are kind of useless in 0.0.
THANKS CCP

the crow is retaining its 60km light missiles and thanks to the addition of a fourth launcher is not experiencing a significant loss of DPS with the removal of its kinetic misl bonus

so I think you're probably fine
Thanatos Marathon
Moira.
#112 - 2014-09-18 15:57:11 UTC
Tiberizzle wrote:
interceptors can't retain their immunity to forced engagement without eventually snuffing out nearly all organic content outside of highsec / lolsec forced content honor beacons.

when the only response to an interceptor fleet is to Stop Playing or Form Interceptors and Go **** With Their Friends, it doesn't take an elite PL tournament commentator to realize that interceptor fraction of gameplay grows like cancer until nearly no other content is left and even the people who are perfectly happy roaming interceptors all day get bored with not tackling eachother and go play another game

some might even argue much of this has already come to pass.

please, think of the children, and either remove interdiction nullification from interceptors or fix their agility so that it's not game mechanically impossible to tackle them when agility fitted, because i dont think your bottom line can withstand ccpl fuzzie's stilted vision of 23/7 420 erryday interceptor roamz.

Just kill em with derptrons.
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#113 - 2014-09-18 16:10:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Harvey James
mostly good changes .. my raptor will certainly enjoy the 4th midslot .. the web will help a lot..

the crusader or lack of mention entirely is a concern .. 2 slots rarely hinders its usefulness too the point where amarr pilots will train a malediction instead .. despite having too train missiles too do so ... you see the problem here???

besides a -1 high +1 mid ... it could rather do with more improvements all round ..
with -1 high it would lose a turret .. so maybe either add drones for dps or give it a 10% damage bonus .. more HP and better agility/cap would help, better tracking .. 10% tracking perhaps like the ares got?

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Altirius Saldiaro
Doomheim
#114 - 2014-09-18 16:13:58 UTC
The Malediction already has **** dps with lml's. Thanks for shitting on it more Fozzie.
Nico Laitanen
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#115 - 2014-09-18 16:22:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Nico Laitanen
I thought the whole point of doing smaller updates at a higher frequency was to avoid crap changes like nerfing a whole weapon system as it applies to one type of ship, with blatant disregard to how it effectively breaks other ships that use the same?

The feedback has been overwhelmingly negative. I suppose the changes could have been modified before the release, had the notes on this been published more than a week and change before the release date. But, I suppose that's not your fault, either. That's assuming, of course, that you read or care what's in these forums in the first place.
Ravcharas
Infinite Point
Pandemic Horde
#116 - 2014-09-18 16:23:37 UTC
Tiberizzle wrote:

Another option would be to reinforce the fleet and combat role divide and remove the bubble immunity from the combat quartet only.
Grenouielle
#117 - 2014-09-18 16:24:30 UTC
There are people out there flying rocket Crows. Just saying.
Promiscuous Female
GBS Logistics and Fives Support
#118 - 2014-09-18 16:24:53 UTC
Nico Laitanen wrote:
I thought the whole point of doing smaller updates at a higher frequency was to avoid crap changes like nerfing a whole weapon system as it applies to one type of ship, with blatant disregard to how it effectively breaks other ships that use the same?

The feedback has been overwhelmingly negative. I suppose the changes could have been modified before the release, had the notes on this been published more than a week and change before the release date. But, I suppose that's not your fault, either. That's assuming, of course, that you read or care what's in these forums in the first place.

of course the feedback has been overwhelmingly negative, it's a nerf

that doesn't mean that they should change it
Bronson Hughes
The Knights of the Blessed Mother of Acceleration
#119 - 2014-09-18 16:27:37 UTC
Promiscuous Female wrote:
John Bloodryder wrote:
THANKS CCP

the crow is retaining its 60km light missiles and thanks to the addition of a fourth launcher is not experiencing a significant loss of DPS with the removal of its kinetic misl bonus

so I think you're probably fine

Try fitting that fourth hardpoint with a LML without an increase in grid. These changes will kill LML crows because they will need a fitting mod just to fit a full rack of launchers, an MWD, and a point. Basically, they're turning the Crow into a rocket 'ceptor without being obvious about it.

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Nico Laitanen
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#120 - 2014-09-18 16:30:53 UTC
Promiscuous Female wrote:
Nico Laitanen wrote:

of course the feedback has been overwhelmingly negative, it's a nerf

that doesn't mean that they should change it

Point taken