These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Skill Discussions

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Navigation skills to V before I remap?

Author
Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#1 - 2014-09-15 03:16:37 UTC
I have an Int/Per toon with 20 mil SP that I'm ready to remap to Per/Wil. Should I train any of the following from IV to V before I remap?

Afterburner, Warp Drive Op, Fuel Conservation, Accel Control

This is a mostly high-sec DED/Lvl 4 pilot that currently flies stratios/navy vexor/domi. I plan to move him towards subcap PvP over the next year.

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#2 - 2014-09-15 06:44:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Tau Cabalander
Of all the skills, only Afterburner has a drawback: the module cycles faster, so when overheated it burns-out faster.

I'd prioritize Acceleration Control over the others (I'm currently training it to 5, with an INT > MEM mapping).

Make sure you have Navigation 5 and Evasive Maneuvering 5 too though.
Antillie Sa'Kan
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2014-09-15 14:44:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Antillie Sa'Kan
Acceleration Control V is worth every moment of training time. Same for Navigation V and Evasive Maneuvering V.

Fuel Conservation is nice if you use ABs a lot but level IV is all you probably need. I had Warp Drive Operation III for years before I finally took it to V and I never felt that it held me back at level III. Its nice when you find yourself warping across large systems but not really needed until you want to get into capitals or black ops.
Dorian Wylde
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2014-09-17 23:42:41 UTC
Warp Drive Op 5 is nice to have. It's rank 1, so if remapped that's a couple days at most. The benefit is essentially that you land on grid with more cap available.

Huge bonus? No. But still good to have.
Ayeshah Volfield
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2014-09-30 20:36:56 UTC
Acceleration control is definitely worth training to level 5.

In my humble opinion, given the fact the other skills mentioned require very little time to train (12 days or so total), I suggest getting them all to 5.

EVE is what happens when the rule of law does not apply and Darwinism is allowed to run freely.

Luscius Uta
#6 - 2014-10-06 11:29:51 UTC
If you one day decide to do Incursions (in a non-Logi), you'll regret not having Warp Drive Operation V. Distances between sites are regularly above 60 AU (they don't spawn near planets like anomalies/signatures).

Workarounds are not bugfixes.