These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

EVE Spanish Translation

First post
Author
emiliopri5
SPANI
Initiative Mercenaries
#21 - 2014-09-16 14:50:46 UTC
shimiku wrote:
emiliopri5 wrote:
The following expansion of the September 30, you have translated EVE to French. Spanish is the third most used language on the Internet. There is a project? to translate EVE to Spanish?, as you have done with the French?

Thanks

the only problem i have with your statement is that you base it on how many speak it world wide
but if the player base aint the same it doesnt matter

fx lets say that 50% of the player base is from denmark what will be the point in translate it to spanish it will make more sense translate it to danish

the way i see the translation should go is by the amount of player from each contry and how many from that contry even want the game be translated to their language

I respect the opinions of each. I did not contemplate a complete translation into Spanish. Many words would have no meaning. And it would be very laborious translation. The only thing I see is the potential that can give EVE translate it into Spanish. As a translated into French, German, Russian and English, the universal language. But what if I say at level for new players in EVE. I think it would be very important to translate this fantastic game.
Thanks again. This is my opinion
ISD Tyrozan
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#22 - 2014-09-16 17:32:39 UTC
Topic moved to Features and Ideas Discussion.

ISD Tyrozan

Captain

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

@ISDTyrozan | @ISD_CCL

Heat-seeking Moisture Missile
Deep Thought Labs
#23 - 2014-09-16 17:56:23 UTC
supportin' my spanish speaking amigos!

ole!
Felicity Love
Doomheim
#24 - 2014-09-17 17:34:25 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
Felicity Love wrote:
While language specific clients are awesome to attract new players to EVE, let's get the rest of EVE fixed up *FIRST* so no matter what language is involved the game returns to greatness.

Production team =/= Marketing team, just in case you doubted it.

This.

Translators don't write code or draw assets.

Aside from a paycheck... because I very much doubt that they work for free... which is to say the payroll is better spent on devs who are fixing crap rather than translating it.

I know, I know... I'm such a heretic with such thinking... Roll

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#25 - 2014-09-17 17:48:03 UTC
Felicity Love wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
Felicity Love wrote:
While language specific clients are awesome to attract new players to EVE, let's get the rest of EVE fixed up *FIRST* so no matter what language is involved the game returns to greatness.

Production team =/= Marketing team, just in case you doubted it.

This.

Translators don't write code or draw assets.

Aside from a paycheck... because I very much doubt that they work for free... which is to say the payroll is better spent on devs who are fixing crap rather than translating it.

I know, I know... I'm such a heretic with such thinking... Roll

We should also fire community managers along with the people from finances and HR because they obviously don't fix anything in EVE. The legal department can also be fired for the same reasons.

Throwing more money at the dev team won't fix stuff all that much faster if any.
Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#26 - 2014-09-17 20:05:29 UTC
Posting to confirm that EVE will never be "fixed" as there will always be some jaded bittervet who thinks something is broken.
Petrified
Grimm Hounds
SONS of BANE
#27 - 2014-09-17 21:09:28 UTC
Si porfavor.

Cloaking is the closest thing to a "Pause Game" button one can get while in space.

Support better localization for the Japanese Community.

Komodo Askold
Strategic Exploration and Development Corp
Silent Company
#28 - 2014-09-17 21:46:46 UTC
I approve! I'm Spanish after all...

Fer'isam K'ahn
SAS Veterinarians
#29 - 2014-09-18 11:36:41 UTC
Never really understood localization of an international MMO. I mean attracting the new crowd, ok, maybe, yet it starts often with a community separation and does not bridge easily once you settle into your secure environment.

I am against all non-english ingame features out fo principle, it is agains global communication. I found it always detrimental to limit oneself to ones own language in communication, trade and all other social interaction, it does not teach you anything.

The internet or mostly games in general were leading me towrads english, not school. Personal interest in the game, its community, its features are what drags you into the foreign language as no other educator can. - Do not limit yourself.
emiliopri5
SPANI
Initiative Mercenaries
#30 - 2014-09-25 18:55:56 UTC
The EVE Online community spans the globe. In our continuous effort to support our international playerbase, we are proud to announce localization for our French-speaking pilots.
Added French Help and French Recruitment channels.

The Spanish speakers, expect answers. It seems right to translate into French. When the Spanish?
Previous page12